Awoo.

Watch Dogs - Everything Is Connected - Connection is Power (All Consoles)

Nintendoga

How realistic is Watch_Dogs? Nothing to do with graphics, just how many real Chicago landmarks the game has.

I've no idea as I've never been to or looked at Chicago before :lol: I also haven't played that much of the game yet 

I've no idea as I've never been to or looked at Chicago before laugh.png 

You have. 

The Dark Knight.

• Thumbs Up 1

So tell me this when you've played some more:

Is Watch Dogs

a hackjob? *sunglasses*

• Thumbs Up 4

No pictures, but Discoid you were right. The pc version on ultra is just a sharper ps4 version. The stream wasn't compressed either and he showed maxed out ultra settings.

• Thumbs Up 1

This game went from interesting to another gigantic train wreck in the industry. Why should I trust the big third-parties when all they do is lie?

Ubisoft themselves have said the PS4 version is identical to the PC version at high settings.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/134707-Watch-Dogs-on-Next-Gen-Equal-to-PC-on-High-Settings-Says-Director

There is an Ultra setting, but that probably won't amount to much. I'm willing to bet it will still not look at all like what we saw in 2012.

Fair enough. Annoyingly, the way the question and the response were worded, there's no way of knowing if they meant high as in the "High" setting, or high as in the highest possible setting. I guess that remains to be seen, maybe.

Another question for you, going back to your theory of the original reveal being just a magic show separate from the game. Why would they do that? Why go to the enormous trouble and expense of making such a beautiful and complex real-time renderer, only to throw it away after using it just for a reveal video? Or are you saying that the original thing wasn't even real-time, and just a CG "bull-video"?

Another question for you, going back to your theory of the original reveal being just a magic show separate from the game. Why would they do that? Why go to the enormous trouble and expense of making such a beautiful and complex real-time renderer, only to throw it away after using it just for a reveal video? Or are you saying that the original thing wasn't even real-time, and just a CG "bull-video"?

To get people's attention with an impressive E3 showing. The whole thing was very, very heavily scripted and was shown at a time when the game was nowhere even near completion. They did the same thing with Far Cry 3, though that game didn't suffer as badly. 

This is nothing new for Ubisoft.

• Thumbs Up 3

No pictures, but Discoid you were right. The pc version on ultra is just a sharper ps4 version. The stream wasn't compressed either and he showed maxed out ultra settings.

What do you mean "sharper"? Like, more AA?

To get people's attention with an impressive E3 showing. The whole thing was very, very heavily scripted and was shown at a time when the game was nowhere even near completion. They did the same thing with Far Cry 3, though that game didn't suffer as badly.

This is nothing new for Ubisoft.

But if they made the renderer, why not use it for the actual game? Throwing away code is a massive waste of money.

Edited by Frogging101

I wonder if The Division was actually played on a PS4. It could be the case considering it was first shown at E3 2013. They must have had a PS4 by then.

But if they made the renderer, why not use it for the actual game? Throwing away code is a massive waste of money.

Probably for future use, considering many of their games run on the same engines and they'll be done with cross-gen multiplats relatively soon.

Regardless of the game's turn out, it has to be said that Ubisoft pulled off something very impressive.

In an industry where people are supposedly too scared to venture into new IPs, they've given the game ridiculous levels of hype, pre-orders are extremely high. The game is going to be a major success, its chances of failing are almost impossible.

And so what if it's a realistic looking game starring a white man, the basic premise is actually pretty different from the kinds of games typically deemed popular, hacking is still a creative idea even if the actual ingame execution turns out poor.

Ubisoft came up with a practically totally original IP and concept and hyped it to the stratosphere. They proved to some extent that new IP can be extremely successful. The ability to hype a game may not be an amazing show of game design, but it takes serious business skill to do that when so many publishers are floundering to sell their own products nowadays.

So.. good job Ubi, I guess? If the game turns out disappointing, the inevitable sequels will surely fix that up.

• Thumbs Up 2

I wouldn't say extremely successful. Ubi did say that they needed to sell 6 million to make a profit and that was before the delay.

I wouldn't say extremely successful. Ubi did say that they needed to sell 6 million to make a profit and that was before the delay.

6mil to make a profit? Seriously? That's ridiculous! I thought 6mil was their goal not their profit margin x-x

It's "NEXT-GEN" so of course it's expensive as fuck. 

In all seriousness though, why do we need huge ass games that need huge sales? Big games are fine, but we don't need to have ALL OF THEM BE GIANT MONEY EATERS

PC video and screenshots.

A video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BftYjgIouUA

A bunch here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=113166868&postcount=3740

And here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=113127583&postcount=3169

moar: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=113167171&postcount=3749

Four huge images here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=113125288&postcount=3129

Here are some from nVidia. These look phenomenal, but they could be bullshots (or maybe not? I'm genuinely confused here) for all we know: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=113115673&postcount=2922

More images below. (Spoiler'd because there's a bunch and they're quite big)

ibvMUG8hD7aZMj.png

mgnaCHz.jpg (this one is 4k apparently)

2eGrsij.png

im2pmAFMyzNZ3.png

ibjAFY3OCouxQG.png

Maybe we'll get the E3 2012 Watch Dogs we want in the sequel...

Maybe we'll get the E3 2012 Watch Dogs we want in the sequel...

What are you talking about? It looks amazing.

(Imgur compression sucks, by the way)

qoNiF0G.jpg

vaS1Aol.jpg

cJ5YOjS.jpg

vaS1Aol.jpg

qoNiF0G.jpg

iqUiezT.jpg

S8XhV2F.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

The game is 60 fps on pc, someone's streaming it on twitch at that framerate and wow it's smooth.

Watch_Dogs may go down the same road as Assassin's Creed. Good first game, amazing sequel which fixes all the problems the first game had and then some. If Watch_Dogs is more than just "good" then it'll be pretty exciting to see what they do with the sequel. To be honest, most of the complaints are about the graphics and not gameplay so far.

The sequel to Watch_Dogs should be about 2 years later if they alternate releases with Assassin's Creed so HOPEFULLY it'll be current-gen and PC only since 2 years is a long time to have a very established install base for the new consoles, I'm talking about 20-30 million, hell, maybe even more for the PS4 specifically since it's almost on the verge of selling 10 million consoles within a flippin' year or even less.

Damn those PC shots look amazing. PC master race I guess.

I'm waiting for the sequel. Gameplay looks uninteresting to me - the focus on gunplay is really lame, and the mechanics don't seem particularly good, either.

Very cynical about Ubi these days. AC2 was the last game of theirs I've cared about.

Yeah, Assassin's Creed II was phenomenal. That's the last of their blockbuster games that I came away from incredibly satisfied.

Expecting this game to take one of three routes:

1 ) Despite it's flaws and lack of fulfilling the promises it gave, the game becomes a fantastic success due to the hype machine and paid scores, raking in LOADS and loads of dough to Ubi, leading to yet another titanic franchise with a hundred sequels,, much like everything else Ubi is making right now. This inspires other developers to do the same, and the game industry continues to become obsessed with game franchise monopolies like this; blowing more money on 'next-gen' resources until we're all playing movies.*

(* - hyperbole for the fun of it! 8Y)

2 ) The hype machine backlashes and Ubi's project crashes and burns, leading to a massive loss in both funds and pride for Ubi.

3 ) The hype machine backlashes and Ubi's project crashes and burns, although they keep face as if nothing bad had happened. They create the second game which improves it to the point that people were expecting, and then a botched version of route 1 happens.

Either way, no direction I'm able to foretell looks too pretty, going by all of this.

Some lucky pc users are saying they got the game early by buying it through uplay and of course streaming the game.

PC version leaked. A few people dove into the system files for the game and "unlocked" the "true" ultra setting, apparently. The in-game settings, even at max, looked roughly the same as the PS4. Changing some text in the code fixed it though.

At least, that's what I'm gathering. I'm on my phone atm.

Edit -

Never mind. Placebo effect.

ubpqgh.gif

The textures are better than PS4's though.

• Thumbs Up 1