Awoo.

Watch Dogs - Everything Is Connected - Connection is Power (All Consoles)

Nintendoga

The rendering engine thing probably has something to do with it, but with how awful the 360 version looks I refuse to believe it's the only thing to do with it. I can't not believe that Ubisoft and the dev team is at least not a little bit at fault.

The rendering engine is everything. It is what's responsible for putting coloured pixels on the screen. I suppose "they literally cannot" was an overstatement, but what I meant was that it would be prohibitively expensive to do so. I guess they decided it wouldn't be wise, from a business perspective, to polish the previous-gen visuals.

And on an unrelated note, you know how they could have solved this? By not making the game fucking cross-gen. I thought that was a stupid decision from the beginning considering how amazing the game looked at first.

Well, yes. That's kind of what they did on PC with the DX11 requirement. One has to consider if they would prefer a visually deficient last-gen version, or no last-gen version at all.

So because Ubisoft was hungry for money, they ported it to the Xbox 360 knowing it would look awful?

Figures

There are much worse things they could do for money. They could have put in microtransactions wink.png.

This has to be a joke. I know that it's hard making a multiplatform game especially if its being made for last gen and this gen but that is insulting. For a game that ubisoft is hyping up to be the next big thing that's pathetic and they should be ashamed of themselves. I'm not saying anything until the game comes out but man all this hype and backstage drama is really killing my interest for the game

Well, they are also doing their best to obscure or destroy any true looks at the game prior to release, outside of the wii-u release, I honestly wouldn't trust anything Ubisoft puts out right now until after the game comes out

On the upside since it has its own full development team the wii-u is going to look better than the last gen versions

So the game looks like shit on every single platform. 

Cool.

Huh? I thought it looked amazing on PC/Xbone/PS4. Or did they change the visuals recently?

Huh? I thought it looked amazing on PC/Xbone/PS4. Or did they change the visuals recently?

It looks like a shadow of the form they showed at E3 2013 that's for sure. If by recently you mean in the trailers revealed in the last month or so, then yeah, it's dropped quite a way.

It doesn't look nearly as good as when they showed it off at conferences, but shit on the current gen and PC? Not even close.

• Thumbs Up 1

Looks like a PS3 game at 1080p. I have higher expectations than that. It runs at a "relatively stable" 30fps and doesn't look like a particularly impressive PS3 game either. A 1080p "remastered" version of GTAV would look way better than W_D does.

Can someone show me a trailer with these worse graphics? I'm pretty curious as to what they look like now :s

I've been out of the loop for a while.

There's a comparison video of various stages of the game, there are probably a lot more too.

Can someone show me a trailer with these worse graphics? I'm pretty curious as to what they look like now :s

I've been out of the loop for a while.

What they showed:

What they delivered:

It pisses me off less than Namco's shitty, scummy, shady handling of Dark Souls II (they released the game without any indication that it had been downgraded), but it's bothersome nonetheless. And yeah, I'm perfectly candid about admitting that I'm looking at this game with extra scrutiny because of their advertisement. Maybe if they hadn't lied and advertised the game as something it was never going to be, I wouldn't be so harsh. But they did, so I am. 

W_D 2012 is what I'd expect of a PS4 game. Especially one running at 900p and relatively stable 30fps. What we got looks like an upressed PS3 game, and still doesn't deliver on performance like Tomb Raider DE and Metal Gear did. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Maybe it's because the first demo was on PC and this second one is on PS4? Maybe the graphics didn't actually get downgraded, it's just different on different platforms?

• Thumbs Up 1

So its Aliens all over again, cept this time the distrubiting company is also making it, and knows how much they screwed up, but rather than fessing and killing what little hype is left, they are buying out, and doing all they can to cover it up to get people's money, and have enough money in the first place to try and buy out as many reviewers as they can. Its the Watergate scenario, but with the cause actualy being the perpetrator this time.

If it wasn't so funnily ironic with the games basis, I think I and many others would be extremely pissed

There were signs, offering free tablets to the press/reviewers was a key indicator

Maybe it's because the first demo was on PC and this second one is on PS4? Maybe the graphics didn't actually get downgraded, it's just different on different platforms?

PC version looks roughly the same as PS4. It's not that the game was "downgraded" per se, rather, they crafted a demo early in development that looked absolutely nothing like the game was ever going to. The demo existed at a time when the rest of the game was just starting development. It was created separately to sell the game.

• Thumbs Up 1

I honestly doubt it's Aliens. Sure there may be a lot of false advertising especially with last-gen versions, but there isn't really much reason to believe the gameplay is a broken mess, the game itself still seems to be very big and ambitious.

Also, the graphics wouldn't be so widely considered to be terrible if they didn't reveal it with such high hopes lol. If they'd been honest from point one what the game looked like, it would have been fine. No backlash.

• Thumbs Up 1

I honestly doubt it's Aliens. Sure there may be a lot of false advertising especially with last-gen versions, but there isn't really much reason to believe the gameplay is a broken mess, the game itself still seems to be very big and ambitious.

Also, the graphics wouldn't be so widely considered to be terrible if they didn't reveal it with such high hopes lol. If they'd been honest from point one what the game looked like, it would have been fine. No backlash.

Yep. This whole thing has made me exceedingly cynical of Ubisoft in general. I just genuinely don't care about anything they show anymore, because the only thing of theirs that I've cared about since Assassins Creed II ended up being absolutely nothing like what they originally promised it to be. 

The Division will probably look better, but I'm waiting on that game's downgrade now too.

PC version looks roughly the same as PS4. It's not that the game was "downgraded" per se, rather, they crafted a demo early in development that looked absolutely nothing like the game was ever going to. The demo existed at a time when the rest of the game was just starting development. It was created separately to sell the game.

Do you have a source for this?

Do you have a source for this?

Hard to get a direct source on that because they wouldn't publically admit to purposely lying to consumers, but the circumstances revolving around development make it exceedingly clear.

As I'm sure you know, entire lighting engines and high quality assets don't just disappear during development - they're either there or they're not. The 2012 showing was a tech demo vertical slice. It was a magic show - showing off a game that barely existed and used its visuals to get extra attention. How moronic of a developer would you have to be to make a demo like that and accidentally get nowhere near it? These aren't minor changes or simple downgrades that can be explained by an unfortunate inability to make the concept they wanted work - it literally looks like an entirely different game.

• Thumbs Up 3

You guys are making me feel bad for pre-ordering the game. lol

Launch trailer...if you still care about the game.

Some more gameplay. The video is kinda compressed though.

RAW Multiplayer gameplay

• Thumbs Up 2

I think I'll be staying away from the last gen version. Poor graphics and bad performance doesn't bode too well...

PS4. Looks eh. 900p/30fps. Not impressed at all.

ikWuQwbjIMyxM.gif

Didn't bother programming proper aiming. Cool.

• Thumbs Up 1

Currently watching a different livestream of watch dogs on xbox one over on twitch; it's not in English though.