Awoo.

Watch Dogs - Everything Is Connected - Connection is Power (All Consoles)

Nintendoga

My best guess is that one of those traffic markers lodged in the engine fucked up the physics system. Though most times a glitch like that happens in other games, it's usually just an instantaneous slingshot or causing objects to jitter about violently - I've honestly never seen a physicics glitch behave that way before.

Also is it wrong to say that I really hate that motion blur?

Can you all stop quoting the huge fucking gif in question and just remove it from your quote? Seriously lagging the topic with it.

Kinda enjoying watching TheRadBrad play it, sure it's not a masterpiece but it's also not terrible, looks like a fun game to me....Providing you get it on PC/Next-gen because lol the PS3/Xbox 360 ports are horrendously bad in the graphics department.

• Thumbs Up 3

http://youtu.be/k6Z95F64Rrc

Welp, serious frame dropping and weird rave stoplights are a thing now too.

• Thumbs Up 1

5.5/10

It felt rushed, and it plays like a game that wasn’t truly ready for release. And though I tried to look at the positives this game has, the negatives just put too much of a damper on it to thoroughly enjoy a game that, I feel, has a great story concept just waiting to be utilized by the right people. Right now, it’s simply a game that will wear out its welcome much sooner than many would’ve believed.

Visual-M Media: 4/5

The main story in Watch Dogs is great and so are the side missions. There’s a lot to do in the side mission and there’s a lot of them if you decide to step away from the main story. Where Watch Dogs suffer is in the driving mechanics, which would have made Watch Dogs an almost perfect game. Overall Watch Dogs is a great game and we would definitely recommend you pick it up and add it to your collection. Hopefully over the next few months to come there will be patches to improve the troubles that holds Watch Dogs back from being superb game in the open world genres.

French Gameblog - 4/5

More coming soon

tumblr_lz028xPR0I1qlhu6xo1_500.gif

also known as a multicultural team of various religions, faiths, and beliefs.

• Thumbs Up 6

The current Metacritic scores stack up as 82 for the PS4 version, 81 for the PC version, and 77 for the Xbox One version. No scores (and presumably no reviews) for the PS3 or 360 versions.

Interesting to note that the user scores are significantly lower in the case of all versions - it seems it may not be ticking as many boxes with the regular consumer as it is with the critics.

Aren't the reviews paid though? I'm pretty sure I remember hearing about that...

Aren't the reviews paid though? I'm pretty sure I remember hearing about that...

It's a joke.

The current Metacritic scores stack up as 82 for the PS4 version, 81 for the PC version, and 77 for the Xbox One version. No scores (and presumably no reviews) for the PS3 or 360 versions.

Interesting to note that the user scores are significantly lower in the case of all versions - it seems it may not be ticking as many boxes with the regular consumer as it is with the critics.

I don't trust user reviews since it's prone to trolling. CoD especially suffers from this, getting user scores which is 2/10 sometimes because of a bunch of haters giving it 0/10. It's probably plagued with GTA fanboys.

Just got my copy, so see you guys much later :)

That was just speculation after Ubisoft claimed an early review (scoring somewhere around 7/10 if I recall) was "false" and the all the "real" reviews were to go live today on launch day. Never proven.

I don't trust user reviews since it's prone to trolling. CoD especially suffers from this, getting user scores which is 2/10 sometimes because of a bunch of haters giving it 0/10. It's probably plagued with GTA fanboys.

Oh yeah I'm not taking it as gospel or anything, just seemed an interesting scenario that the average consumer might not rate it as highly as the critics did.

I don't trust user reviews since it's prone to trolling.

So are actual reviews by critics. Let's not forget Tom McShea.

So I was sort of right then. It's getting pretty good reviews and it seems to be good, but it's not a mind blowing game of epic proportions. Eh, it still looks like a glitchy mess though so maybe the extra wait for the Wii U version will be worth it. =]

Also, Giantbomb gave the game 3/5 stars.

http://www.giantbomb.com/reviews/watch-dogs-review/1900-644/

No matter how bad the reviews are the game is still going to sell amazingly, its hype levels are astronomical and most gamers are convinced it can't be bad.

It's not gonna be Aliens level since it's obviously still actually pretty good, but it's another example of a game selling on hype and promise alone and not quality.

Videogamer.com: 7/10

http://www.videogamer.com/reviews/watch_dogs_review.html

Companion article: Watch Dogs 2: Where the Series Starts?

http://www.videogamer.com/features/article/watch_dogs_2_the_true_beginning_for_the_series.html

They've also done a couple of videos:

Watch Dogs Review Impressions - Does it match your expectations?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haMQtzgBm0M

Watch Dogs Comparison - Recreating the E3 2012 Demo on PS4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDQem9-ghc4

I don't think Watch_Dogs was ever going to be as good as they were planning it to be, which makes me sceptical of other hyped games like The Division, The Order and Final Fantasy XV. Seriously next gen is not all it's cracked up to be and I'm failing to see the appeal when such lacklustre games are on the market, and honestly can't justify a purchase of either console just yet since everything I was excited for is literally turning out to be such shallow experiences.

• Thumbs Up 8

I was going to pick up this game last night, but I didn't feel like it. I'll pick up my copy later today and give some formal impressions. Hopefully its at least competent.

So I was sort of right then. It's getting pretty good reviews and it seems to be good, but it's not a mind blowing game of epic proportions. Eh, it still looks like a glitchy mess though so maybe the extra wait for the Wii U version will be worth it. =]

Also, Giantbomb gave the game 3/5 stars.

http://www.giantbomb.com/reviews/watch-dogs-review/1900-644/

I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. The Wii U version probably won't ever come out at all, and if it does it'll probably be crap.

I don't think Watch_Dogs was ever going to be as good as they were planning it to be, which makes me sceptical of other hyped games like The Division, The Order and Final Fantasy XV. Seriously next gen is not all it's cracked up to be and I'm failing to see the appeal when such lacklustre games are on the market, and honestly can't justify a purchase of either console just yet since everything I was excited for is literally turning out to be such shallow experiences.

To be fair, Watch_Dogs is mostly disappointing precisely because it's not really a "next gen" game at all. It's a last gen game ported over to the current gen and nothing more, regardless of how far up their own asses Ubisoft went with their marketing for it.

At the very least, Batman seems to be putting the new technology to good use with major gameplay additions like the Batmobile.

I agree with Discoid. SEGA did the same thing with delaying a game many months. It's an easy way to have people forget that it exists and pull it from the market.

And if it does come out, I'm not touching it unless it comes with Gamepad controls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm loving the game so far. 

• The game looks fine on PS4. The downgrade is apparent but it's by no means an ugly game, but it's not gonna blow your mind either. It is lacking AA though which is kinda stupid. It definitely looks better during the sunset and when it rains.
  • Character animations are pretty damn great and are really smooth despite running at 30fps.
  • Police are aggressive but not ridiculously aggressive. AI is also quite smart.
  • There's a lot of distractions when free-roaming, which is good. They are all fun as well.
  • The city feels alive. Civilians act like real people.
  • The dynamic weather is awesome.
  • The controls are fine IMO, I can't feel the clunkiness people are talking about. The cars do feel a bit floaty but some cars like the Muscle cars for example have more weight to them. The cars lack ABS for some reason, which means that you can't really brake and turn at the same time. You have to brake BEFORE you turn.
  • Hacking is very fun. Limited at first but I'm sure things will get more interesting as the game progresses.
  • Aiden himself is...OK, but the other characters are definitely more interesting.

Was Watch_Dogs overhyped? Hell yes. Is it a bad game now? Hell no...that's what I think.

Totally agree with Soniko. It seems to be a good game but man, I was expecting so much more. <=/ This was supposed to be a cutting edge game but it's just another sandbox which is really meant for the last gen consoles. Definitely overhyped, but if there's a sequel (and hopefully there will be!) it could be improved immensely a la Assassins Creed 2.

I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. The Wii U version probably won't ever come out at all, and if it does it'll probably be crap.

Eh, I'm trying to be optimistic here. XP You'd think Watch Dogs on Wii U would be a great experience since the Gamepad functionality could give you lots of great hacking options, but knowing now that the hacking is just a one button thing...

Bloody hell, I dunno! Like I said, trying to be optimistic here.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just as long as the Wii U version doesn't look AS bad as the 360 or PS3 version and has good uses of the GamePad, I'll pick it up.

• Thumbs Up 1