Awoo.

Watch Dogs - Everything Is Connected - Connection is Power (All Consoles)

Nintendoga

What are you talking about? It looks amazing.

(Imgur compression sucks, by the way)

qoNiF0G.jpg

vaS1Aol.jpg

cJ5YOjS.jpg

vaS1Aol.jpg

qoNiF0G.jpg

iqUiezT.jpg

S8XhV2F.jpg

Well, that's the computer version Frogging101. Computers from a few years ago still outclass PS4 and Xbone by quite a bit. I'm guessing, since you said you predominantly play on your PC, you have a good one.

Well, that's the computer version Frogging101. Computers from a few years ago still outclass PS4 and Xbone by quite a bit. I'm guessing, since you said you predominantly play on your PC, you have a good one.

Those are all downsampled 4K shots, for what it's worth. You're going to need a really beefy rig to run a consistent 1440p image at Ultra Settings. Well over a $1000 rig.

What are you talking about? It looks amazing.

(Imgur compression sucks, by the way)

qoNiF0G.jpg

vaS1Aol.jpg

cJ5YOjS.jpg

vaS1Aol.jpg

qoNiF0G.jpg

iqUiezT.jpg

S8XhV2F.jpg

To be bluntly honest, that's a PC version being touted there. The console versions unfortunately are astonishingly poor in the visual department. And heck,  by PC standards these graphics don't break the barrier of what 7th gen for the PC has brought us. And in comparison to quite a plethora of said 7th gen PC installments, this still looks very slacking and lacking.

I like how most of the "good" screens are screenshots of the game either at dark or rainy. It's funny because day time is when you truly realize the game doesn't look that great. It has nothing to hide bad textures and models.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ubi using night time to make the game look better reminds me of something...

"You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man; by then it was nothing to need but blinding! The shadows betray you, because they belong to me."

2 ) The hype machine backlashes and Ubi's project crashes and burns, leading to a massive loss in both funds and pride for Ubi.

3 ) The hype machine backlashes and Ubi's project crashes and burns, although they keep face as if nothing bad had happened. They create the second game which improves it to the point that people were expecting, and then a botched version of route 1 happens.

Battlefield 4 was the biggest crash and burn last year and this year so far. This game wouldn't beat it in terms of that, yet, BF4 sold over 9 million copies. Watch_Dogs will most probably do fine either way.

I'm curious if anyone got their copy today if they ordered from Amazon UK? I had a feeling I would get it today but didn't, curious if anyone else did.

I have no idea what's up with Watch Dogs. I was trying to stop random crimes and I always fail without knowing what I did wrong. If a criminal even glances at me he gets shit scared and runs, making me fail my mission. How do they know I'm a menace to them? And that's when I can get to the criminal in time cause most times I'm always late even though I was driving there as fast as I could. After that I found a main campaign mission that asks me to get to a place and stop killers or whatever, but the game gives me only 20 seconds to get there even though it's considerably far. Basically I broke the game. The game saved the checkpoint as soon as the mission starts, so now I'm in a neverending cycle where I load the checkpoint, the 20 second counter starts, I lose cause It's impossible to get to where I'm supposed to go, Mission fails and it loads the checkpoint.

I might be missing something, but if there really is a way to get out of this without restarting a new game, the game definitely doesn't make it clear, and since I only have 20 seconds to figure things out It's not like I have time to think about stuff.

Well I'm done with the game. Even if what happened to me was my fault, a game should never do this.

You can't even pause the game, then quit the mission you were in? If so, that truly sucks and yes you have to be very careful when picking missions.

You can't even pause the game, then quit the mission you were in? If so, that truly sucks and yes you have to be very careful when picking missions.

No, but honestly, even if I could, what the hell is up with this mission? 20 seconds to drive somewhere 450m in distance? WTF

Maybe you need a fast car. :mellow:

But it's obvious I cannot answer your question properly because I don't own the game...maybe you are missing a step? DX

The only reason I'm not booting up the game for a stream is cause Twitch won't allow it. Then I'd show it.

To be bluntly honest, that's a PC version being touted there. The console versions unfortunately are astonishingly poor in the visual department. And heck, by PC standards these graphics don't break the barrier of what 7th gen for the PC has brought us. And in comparison to quite a plethora of said 7th gen PC installments, this still looks very slacking and lacking.

Yeah, it is the PC version. My point however is that what we were shown back in 2012 was never implied to be next-gen console footage. It should have been expected that the graphical quality would be scaled down for consoles, if only because it's usually the case. However, there is evidence that graphical features present in the original demo are gone entirely; I have heard that POM (I don't know the practical details of what this is for) is no longer a feature, for example.

I have a pretty good PC, but even the GTX 480 will eventually be obsolete. I'm anxious to find out if I can max this game tongue.png. (Bear in mind that none of these are my screenshots, as I don't have the game until I pick it up from EB Games on Tuesday).

I like how most of the "good" screens are screenshots of the game either at dark or rainy. It's funny because day time is when you truly realize the game doesn't look that great. It has nothing to hide bad textures and models.

This. The game doesn't look nearly as good when it is daytime, from what I've seen. It still looks considerably better than GTA 4 during the day, but it could definitely do with looking less flat and washed out.

Edited by Frogging101
  • Thumbs Up 1

BTW, am I the only one who hates the visual filters in the cutscenes? Cutscenes tend to look like horribly encoded video files, Look at this sad flashback at 25:12 :

I can't speak for others, but I can't really get into the drama if I'm too busy trying to make out what's actually happening.

• Thumbs Up 1

The cutscenes just makes the story seem even shitter than it already is.

Also the online hacking thing sucks, it's just wandering around spamming square at everything in sight. It sucks even more as you're required to do it in the campaign.

25% off Watch Dogs + Digital Deluxe + Season Pass (PC)

Watch Dogs Digital Deluxe Edition [greenmangaming.com] - $52.50
Watch Dogs Digital Standard [greenmangaming.com] - $45.00
Watch Dogs Season Pass [greenmangaming.com] - $15.00

Deluxe Edition Bonus Items:

WHITE HAT Pack:

60 minutes additional gameplay
Rewards:
White Hat Hacker Outfit
HACK BOOST: Add 1 battery slot
THE PALACE Pack:

20 minutes additional gameplay
Rewards:
INVESTIGATION BONUS: Unlock more investigation opportunities inside the network databanks.
ATM HACK BOOST: Boost your cash rewards when hacking bank accounts.
SIGNATURE SHOT Mission:

20 minutes additional gameplay
Rewards:
VICEROYS OUTFIT
BIOMETRIC RIFLE
BREATHROUGH Pack:

15 minutes additional gameplay
Reward:
VEHICLE EXPERT PERK: Get free vehicles from your Underground Car Contact and earn discounts on select cars.
CLUB JUSTICE PACK

Rewards: Chicago South Club Outfit
Perk: Driving Master Perk: More Hit Points to Vehicles

The Good, Bad and Ugly of Watch_Dogs. First impressions from popular YouTuber JackFrags. THIS ISN'T A REVIEW though.

• Thumbs Up 2

MistySelfassuredCrossbill.gif

This is hilariously bad.

The car's owner was a ghost that wanted Aiden out of his car...or it was the ghost of Godzilla. happy.png

RAGE ftw: it may not be artist-friendly, but it gets the job done, and done well. I can't speak to which is the better game (graphically) based on that vid, but I do prefer lower fidelity with more effects (dynamic shadows and such).

[gif]

This is hilariously bad.

What's going on here? o.o

MistySelfassuredCrossbill.gif

This is hilariously bad.

You know, I can't help but think that a certain grey-white hedgehog has something to do with this...

• Thumbs Up 5