Awoo.

Watch Dogs - Everything Is Connected - Connection is Power (All Consoles)

Nintendoga

I really don't get it, they said that next gen would look much better than current gen. I guess that's just PR bullshit then.

I really don't get it, they said that next gen would look much better than current gen. I guess that's just PR bullshit then.

It's Ubisoft. 

*looks at ps3 gameplay*

Wow. That looks just as good as ps4 gameplay. So with that said, the only REAL definitive version will be the PC version right? Unless the lighting is better on the ps4/x1 and I'm just not really seeing it.

PC will probably look about the same, honestly. There's a few effects here and there that are missing on last gen hardware, and the actual performance will be much worse, but other than that, it'll look similar across the board. 

Now you know why cross-gen releases are annoying and should be done away with already.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh well, guess we'll have to wait until AC Unity for a true Ubisoft next gen experience....if anybody actually still cares by then...

Wait, were is the PS3 gameplay? Or are you guys comparing the off-screen footage to direct-feed footage?

Wait, were is the PS3 gameplay? Or are you guys comparing the off-screen footage to direct-feed footage?

Here you go

It was there under your nose all along. ;)

I might actually pick up the Wii U version when it (eventually) comes out. Unless the Ps4 version will be going for cheaper around then.

It was there under your nose all along. wink.png

I might actually pick up the Wii U version when it (eventually) comes out. Unless the Ps4 version will be going for cheaper around then.

But...that's the PS4 version.

But...that's the PS4 version.

Oh, it is? I thought you said it's current gen....or did you mean next gen?

Oh, it is? I thought you said it's current gen....or did you mean next gen?

Some people call the PS4 and Xbox One next-gen consoles, others, like myself call it current-gen because they are the most current consoles on the market. I don't call the PS3 and Xbox 360 current-gen consoles because they are extremely old consoles now.

The terminology for "next-gen" is quite confusing right now as it can mean one thing to one person and another thing to another. Sorry for the misunderstanding everyone but that footage I posted was PS4 footage. The only PS3 footage of Watch_Dogs right now, is the off-screen footage, and we can't judge the graphics from an off-screen video.

We just have to wait for the game to release. When that happens them I'm sure we'll get tons of comparison videos.

• Thumbs Up 3

Current gen = PS4/XBO/Wii U

Last gen = PS3/360/Wii

If we don't stop calling the new systems "next gen" when literally all the systems are out and have been for like half a year when are we ever going to stop calling them next gen. Most of the next gen consoles have been out for frickin ages already.

(this post wasn't entirely relevant, but it's a pet peeve of mine. "next" means it's not here yet. it is.)

to make it relevant, has it been practically confirmed that E3 2013's WatchDogs footage was all just CGI then?

• Thumbs Up 4

to make it relevant, has it been practically confirmed that E3 2013's WatchDogs footage was all just CGI then?

I'm assuming that E3 2013 was PS4 footage, but they downgraded it a bit. The game still looks pretty damn good on PS4, especially at night.

I'm assuming that E3 2013 was PS4 footage, but they downgraded it a bit. The game still looks pretty damn good on PS4, especially at night.

Exactly. That's when it seems like the game really shines.  Remember the 2012 version? We all thought that was ps4/X1/PC stuff. Oh well. As long as the game at least matches AC4 and GTA 5 in quality, I don't really care. It's gold. Now it's only a matter of time for me to play it.

But still the Off-screen ps3 gameplay looked damn good.

It did look pretty good for off screen footage. And isn't the Wii I version supposed to look a little bit better? I think that will just be in the lighting department though, since the Wii U is apparently capable of better lighting effects than PS360.

While the game might apparently look as good on the PS3 than the PS4, the PS4 will have a better resolution and probably will be locked 30 FPS.

I'm sure it's not that hard to lock a last gen (ps3/360) game at 30 fps. Then again, nearly every game from that gen had framerate problems....minus like a very few.

Exactly. That's when it seems like the game really shines.  Remember the 2012 version? We all thought that was ps4/X1/PC stuff. Oh well. As long as the game at least matches AC4 and GTA 5 in quality, I don't really care. It's gold. Now it's only a matter of time for me to play it.

But still the Off-screen ps3 gameplay looked damn good.

I'd say that the PC version still looks as good as the E3 2012 build.

While the game might apparently look as good on the PS3 than the PS4, the PS4 will have a better resolution and probably will be locked 30 FPS.

Basically the same situation as Assassin's Creed 4.

Honestly, I think it's nice that previous gen owners don't get extremely shafted in terms of quality.

Honestly, I think it's nice that previous gen owners don't get extremely shafted in terms of quality.

I think people should have their expectations in check when comparing seven year old hardware to the new stuff. It should be a significant leap.

1392797998-metal-gear-solid-v-ground-zer

It's stupid and disappointing that a game that was originally heralded as one of the landmark next gen games about a little over a year ago is now little more than a scrappy up-port.

Edit - and before someone gets onto me about MGS not being an enormous leap, I'm gonna clarify that MGS was never meant to be and never advertised itself with graphics and performance it severely lacked come release. 

It also runs at 1080p/60fps which, performance-wise, is an enormous leap.

• Thumbs Up 2

I can relate to what Discoid is saying. It was never advertised as a cross gen game, Ubisoft was punting that it would be a big next gen title but when the graphics aren't even that much different from the previous gen version then it's kind of moot point. I'll still get the game, it looks fun but when there are games on the market with graphics like Infamous Second Son....I don't know, it feels a bit disappointing. This just seems like a repeat of Titanfall's situation to me...

• Thumbs Up 1

Hopefully by the time Watch_Dogs 2 rolls around there won't be any Gen 7 multiplats at all.

But yes, I agree.

I wouldn't expect that to change very quickly, considering PS3 and Xbox 360 still do pretty well. Really, though, it's more about today's industry where they're incredibly afraid to take any kind of risk. Think about Square-Enix who was SHOCKED that people actually buy JRPGs, every other big company in the industry is pretty much like that. They're too afraid not to have the last generation safety net in this case.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wouldn't expect that to change very quickly, considering PS3 and Xbox 360 still do pretty well. Really, though, it's more about today's industry where they're incredibly afraid to take any kind of risk. Think about Square-Enix who was SHOCKED that people actually buy JRPGs, every other big company in the industry is pretty much like that. They're too afraid not to have the last generation safety net in this case.

Depends on the audience of the game being sold, as of right now. Titanfall sold most on 360, but then, Metal Gear sold most on PS4 by an significant amount. 

As more time goes by and the install bases for the PS4 and XB1 both increase, the chances of a game selling well or better on an older platform decline. By the time Watch_Dogs 2 rolls around (presuming it takes two years), it might just not be worth it. Plus, the longer they wait to make the jump, the more opportunity they give to studios like Rocksteady to completely usurp public attention by delivering more ambitious and impressive titles. 

There's also the fact that Gen 7 hardware sales fell off a cliff a few months ago, much faster than anyone expected. Software I don't pay much attention to.

I suppose we'll have to just wait and see how well this game in particular's sales are split percentage-wise between the platforms.

I'm actually surprised that the current-gen consoles, especially the PS4 are selling so well even though there aren't any must have titles out yet.

Hopefully E3 2014 will spike up sales for the consoles. Hype is very powerful.

I'm actually surprised that the current-gen consoles, especially the PS4 are selling so well even though there aren't any must have titles out yet.

Well, 2 of the 3 anyways.

There's a lot of factors, really. Price, the end of the Great Recession, fading interest in old tech, and they're both just well designed machines that give a good bang for your buck. 

The newest Metal Gear may not be exclusive to PS4 and XB1, but it performs so much better that it significantly improves the play experience. That matters more than people give it credit for. People aren't buying them for the sake of having them, and the notion that hype alone carried either system is really naive, in my opinion. People are buying them to play the best versions of the games they want. Exclusives will come with time.