Awoo.

Watch Dogs - Everything Is Connected - Connection is Power (All Consoles)

Nintendoga

The game looks better than Assassin's Creed 4 on PS4, and nobody complained about how that game looked.

Really? Hmm, So this is a Ubisoft thing I see. But wasn't AC4 disappointing or so I heard?

Well whatever, I'll just wait till the next UbiArt game comes out.

*Sits down and closes eyes with a smile*

SpryDeafeningBobolink.gif

I really don't see how these are bad graphics.

Perhaps it's just me not owning a PS4 (so I'm not as exposed to its current selection of games), but I really don't think this is bad, either. It's a downgrade from the E3 2012 visuals, sure, but this sure as sugar ain't appalling to look at, either.

• Thumbs Up 1

Perhaps it's just me not owning a PS4 (so I'm not as exposed to its current selection of games), but I really don't think this is bad, either. It's a downgrade from the E3 2012 visuals, sure, but this sure as sugar ain't appalling to look at, either.

That's what I'm saying. It's no Metal Gear Solid V, but it ain't The Amazing Spider-Man 2 either.

• Thumbs Up 3

So yeah, this happened to my friend.

dye0C7C.jpg

I'll be borrowing it off him for the weekend (he's going to London Comic Con!)

• Thumbs Up 3

Twitch is going nuts with streams of this game, seriously one person is streaming the 360 version, 2 on pc, and 4 on ps4. The pc one's are at a quality comparable if not equal to the ps4 version, because apparently ultra graphics lag the stream too much.

Aaaaannd there gone..only one stream remains and it's the ps4 version in German.

Twitch specifically said that streaming of Watch_Dogs isn't allowed until the game is officially out.

I am honestly not expecting the graphics on the PS3 version to be that far off of the other versions because it uses blu-ray discs. Now, I do not know all of the specs of the PS3 and I don't know how much difference a blu-ray disc makes but I know one thing and that is that it's better than a DVD disc.

Twitch specifically said that streaming of Watch_Dogs isn't allowed until the game is officially out.

I know that, but that doesn't mean I can't watch, besides one minute those streams were up, the next more are now up, and again the pc footage I'm watching doesn't look any better than the ps4 version actually it looks a little bit better.

Twitch can say what they want, but it's obvious people aren't going to listen.

SpryDeafeningBobolink.gif

I really don't see how these are bad graphics.

I think the only real way to settle this is to wait for the game to come out and compare the PS4 version to the PC version.

The game looks decent (not particularly impressive, mind) when the sky is pitch black and the image is drenched in rain. I don't find this to be an accomplishment. It looks like an up-ressed PS3 game.

• Thumbs Up 2

All theories and speculation aside, the undeniable fact remains that we are comparing maximum-settings footage from a high-end PC with footage from a console. I'm not trying to start a pissing contest about which platform is better, but consoles are more limited in power compared to PCs. Therefore, we are comparing apples and oranges.

If we were comparing PS4 graphics from earlier on to PS4 graphics now, then that would be a reasonable comparison. Likewise if we were comparing early PC footage with new PC footage. But we are not. We can't reasonably say that the graphics have been downgraded unless we are comparing video rendered on the same platform.

I've pre-ordered this game on PC. We will soon see the truth. Until then, writing off this game's graphics and/or crying foul about shady development/marketing is premature because we have no reasonable comparison to base it on.

• Thumbs Up 1

http://gfycat.com/BrightMiserlyCottonmouth

I don't know what version that is, but this is definitely the 360 version. Looks better than what you posted. Maybe the person who posted that did not install the additional textures the game came with...we don't know.

I'll be honest: I thought I was looking at Saints Row the Third.

EDIT: Fixed quote.

Edited by SenEDtor Missile

All theories and speculation aside, the undeniable fact remains that we are comparing maximum-settings footage from a high-end PC with footage from a console. I'm not trying to start a pissing contest about which platform is better, but consoles are more limited in power compared to PCs. Therefore, we are comparing apples and oranges.

If we were comparing PS4 graphics from earlier on to PS4 graphics now, then that would be a reasonable comparison. Likewise if we were comparing early PC footage with new PC footage. But we are not. We can't reasonably say that the graphics have been downgraded unless we are comparing video rendered on the same platform.

I've pre-ordered this game on PC. We will soon see the truth. Until then, writing off this game's graphics and/or crying foul about shady development/marketing is premature because we have no reasonable comparison to base it on.

Ubisoft themselves have said the PS4 version is identical to the PC version at high settings.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/134707-Watch-Dogs-on-Next-Gen-Equal-to-PC-on-High-Settings-Says-Director

There is an Ultra setting, but that probably won't amount to much. I'm willing to bet it will still not look at all like what we saw in 2012.

• Thumbs Up 1

So my brief thoughts on the game so far (I've just done the tutorial)

• Hacking is fun yet simple
  • The controls aren't that good.
  • The game looks fine on the PS4.
  • Evading cops is much more of a hassle than in GTA so far.
  • The dialogue is terrible and Aiden Pierce isn't that interesting (he's got the same kind of voice as Adam Jensen from Deus Ex: Human Revolution.)

Feel free to ask questions.
  • Thumbs Up 4

Oooh... Some impressions of the game already. There are a few questions that I would like to know.

It was mentioned regarding the not so good controls. Is it to do with the gunplay, hacking, the driving or all of them?

How is the handling on the cars? Some games have decent handling while others are harder. Is it slippery or stiff in regards to the analog sticks?

In terms of open world games which is the closest to be compared. Is it like GTA, earlier ones, 4 or 5? Red Dead Redemption? Sleeping Dogs? The Godfather? Assassin's Creed?

It was mentioned regarding the police. Will it be able to enjoy the game or get frustrated by the police since it sounds like it might be a bit tricky.

Since the game uses an online connection, it is possible to play the game offline? It is just that the developers hyped up this connectivity with online multiplayer.

How is Chicago?

One last thing. Will there be a part where I feel like The Blues Brothers?

Later on when you get into the game (might take a few days). How are the missions like? It is because I feel with this game the mission set up might be whether to get the game or not. Will they feel like the same things repeated? Even with that in mind whether the missions are enjoyable enough to not notice the repetition.

I am honestly not expecting the graphics on the PS3 version to be that far off of the other versions because it uses blu-ray discs. Now, I do not know all of the specs of the PS3 and I don't know how much difference a blu-ray disc makes but I know one thing and that is that it's better than a DVD disc.

As a PS3 owner while I'm very happy with the console with both exclusives and multiplatform games, know the PS3 does have some downsides.

The problem is with many multiplatform games is that the developers focus on the 360 version while later porting to the PS3 but for some it is the other way round. It also doesn't help that with its processor and different memory set up (the PS3 was split into 2 while the 360 wasn't), the PS3 was very hard to develop at least early on where games might have had lower resolution, lower frame rate, possiblity of worser graphics/less effects/different anti-analysing, worse loading times and might have had glitches that the 360 version didn't. Plus in the case of the Unreal engine didn't have complete support until later on (one reason why some multiplatform games skipped the Wii U) so until then developers had to port the engine by scratch and like some Wii U multiplatform games might have had different developers. An extreme example was Bayonetta where the gaming experience wasn't the same. It was nearly 60fps on the 360 while the PS3 version made by Nextech was 30fps and struggled even then with slowdown and worse graphics plus it had worse loading times and while a patch was made to improve the game a bit with quicker loading times and less slowdown, the 360 version was still better. Later on Sony gave help towards 3rd parties to make developing easier to the point of being nearly evenly matched and in case of some games, the PS3 version might be better. As a result, many games don't take advantage of the extra disc space usually keeping it within the same levels as the 360 version, maybe 1 GB more for audio.

There are exceptions such as Final Fantasy XIII and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance where the PS3 version has higher quality cutscenes to take advantage of the space, Hitman HD Trilogy where all 3 games are on the disc while the 360 version is on 2 (the PS3 version also fixes the HD bug on Blood Money that was on the 360 version), similar thing for LA Noire and other Rockstar games where the PS3 version is on one disc while the 360 version might be on 2 or even 3 especially for complete editions and Game of Year versions.

As for Watch Dogs, it is still a bit early to tell regarding the graphics of the PS3 version even though I have that feeling that it might be similar to this even though there might be a chance that it might be PC minimum settings or the possible Wii U version or even the PS360 version without the texture upgrade install like Splinter Cell: Blacklist. Chances are though, the PS3 and the 360 versions are going to be similar. While the engine for Watch Dogs is new, it does use some bits from the Assassin's Creed and Far Cry games and from reading the games from the latest in those series I'm guessing that it is going to equally matched with the PS3 having a lower framerate at times but still will have all the features and extra stuff too that is also in the PS4 version.

• Thumbs Up 1

It was mentioned regarding the not so good controls. Is it to do with the gunplay, hacking, the driving or all of them?

It's all of them. The biggest problem I've had so far is selecting a lure and using it

How is the handling on the cars? Some games have decent handling while others are harder. Is it slippery or stiff in regards to the analog sticks? 

They all seem to control similar, the closest example I can give is Saint's Row 3. It's VERY arcadey.

In terms of open world games which is the closest to be compared. Is it like GTA, earlier ones, 4 or 5? Red Dead Redemption? Sleeping Dogs? The Godfather? Assassin's Creed?

The open world is like GTA 4's but with a bit more variety.

It was mentioned regarding the police. Will it be able to enjoy the game or get frustrated by the police since it sounds like it might be a bit tricky.

I found it annoying but I imagine it'll get better when you have more methods of escape, without hacking it's the same as GTA 4's just with a far larger radius and the cops are always on your tail.

Since the game uses an online connection, it is possible to play the game offline? It is just that the developers hyped up this connectivity with online multiplayer.

You can turn it off but you'll lose any progress you made on your online rank.

How is Chicago?

It just feels like a better Liberty City.

One last thing. Will there be a part where I feel like The Blues Brothers?

I wouldn't know, I've never seen the film tongue.png

• Thumbs Up 1

My copy just got dispatched. Hopefully I'll get it tomorrow.

I'm not really surprised about the story to be honest. Didn't look that exciting to start off with. When you say the controls aren't good, are they slippery like Sonic Unleashed?

• Thumbs Up 1

My copy just got dispatched. Hopefully I'll get it tomorrow.

I'm not really surprised about the story to be honest. Didn't look that exciting to start off with.

Can I ask where you pre-ordered it? Mine is from Amazon UK and just says 'dispatched' so not sure what that means. In terms of where it is in the order process I mean.

Edited by Crash

Can I ask where you pre-ordered it? Mine is from Amazon UK and just says 'dispatched' so not sure what that means. In terms of where it is in the order process I mean.

Same. Amazon UK. I got an e-mail saying its dispatched but when I use my tracking number, Royal Mail says that they don't have it yet. It also still says pre-ordered on my Amazon order page so that's a bit confusing.

Dispatched means it's been handed over to Royal Mail.

Also the loading times are horrible, they are really REALLY bad.

Sonic 06 bad?

It doesn't happen anywhere near as often but yeah I'd say so.

It even does it if you load your most recent autosave.

Same. Amazon UK. I got an e-mail saying its dispatched but when I use my tracking number, Royal Mail says that they don't have it yet. It also still says pre-ordered on my Amazon order page so that's a bit confusing.

Dispatched means it's been handed over to Royal Mail.

Also the loading times are horrible, they are really REALLY bad.

A family member of mine works in Royal Mail and they no longer use Royal Mail, they use their own courier service so that is why RM don't have it.

It doesn't happen anywhere near as often but yeah I'd say so.

It even does it if you load your most recent autosave.

One of the early reviews said that it was only the first loading screen which was really long. Oh boy, time to exercise my patience.

One of the early reviews said that it was only the first loading screen which was really long. Oh boy, time to exercise my patience.

The first loading screen was really bad yeah.

I just counted the autosave one and it's about 10 seconds long, for an autosave that's pretty bad.