Awoo.

Nintendo @ E3 2012 | The Mayans Were Not Ready | 5 Days

Patticus

They can afford making a PS4 and R&D always research new technology from the moment a console launches. The question is whether they can even afford to juice it way beyond the capabilities of the PS3.

Making a console closer to six year old hardware would be more expensive given that equivalent old parts don't get mass manufactured anymore.

Assuming a holiday 2013 release, contemporary off the shelves components and an estimated release price of ~$400 they could get a box that performed way better than the PS3 and break even on costs (or have a little loss per unit). Ram increase alone will do wonders, though it may take until the big studios get a hold of the tech to show it.

Making a console closer to six year old hardware would be more expensive given that equivalent old parts don't get mass manufactured anymore.

Assuming a holiday 2013 release, contemporary off the shelves components and an estimated release price of ~$400 they could get a box that performed way better than the PS3 and break even on costs (or have a little loss per unit). Ram increase alone will do wonders, though it may take until the big studios get a hold of the tech to show it.

my my Did I stumble to the wrong thread I thought this was the Nintendo discussion not Sony's. Well Nintendo has one final shot today with the software showcase. Also in their face book page they said that they will provide new game info for the next 26.2 hours.

Nintendo was presenting their new console lineup and finalized specs. In light of that subject, it's not inappropriate nor is it uncalled to compare and consider the alternatives.

Moreso because these alternatives can have a very important impact on Nintendo's upcoming hardware, thus discussion is - to an extent - warranted. Them's my two cents.

Nintendo is just showing us launch period titles for the WiiU at E3, right?

I mean, would that focus on the period during and immediately following system launch explain away the lack of major properties getting announcements or reveals during the conference? Should we expect to see and hear more over the coming year and at next year's E3 about things that will satisfy us more?

I mean, would that focus on the period during and immediately following system launch explain away the lack of major properties getting announcements or reveals during the conference? Should we expect to see and hear more over the coming year and at next year's E3 about things that will satisfy us more?

Pretty much. It wasn't a good strategy to have really, but this seems to be what they're running with. The stockholders were predictably not happy with this either and Nintendo's stock already shot down 2% after their conference.

I'm actually curious whether Nintendo are going to make an appearance at GDC Europe in August. They weren't there with the Wii U last year since it was still only a formal reveal with a shit ton of NDAs but if we're going to get any more info for the future, it's probably going to be there; either this year or early 2013.

• Thumbs Up 2

Pretty much. It wasn't a good strategy to have really, but this seems to be what they're running with. The stockholders were predictably not happy with this either and Nintendo's stock already shot down 2% after their conference.

I'm actually curious whether Nintendo are going to make an appearance at GDC Europe in August. They weren't there with the Wii U last year since it was still only a formal reveal with a shit ton of NDAs but if we're going to get any more info for the future, it's probably going to be there; either this year or early 2013.

They are also a no show for Gamescom. They should reconsider since some people are still iffy with the WiiU

*Thinks about nothing but Animal Crossing for the next 2 1/2 hours.. maybe Nintendo will pick up the energy...*

Everyone help! Think of AC!

• Thumbs Up 2

I can't wait for Assassins Creed either!

• Thumbs Up 2

*Sending powerful brain-waves* Come on Nintendo, you know we're worthy!

Also inb4AndersonCooper

I can't wait for Assassins Creed either!

It looks absolutely in-fucking-credible, doesn't it? I'm going to need a very good reason to buy it for Wii U as well as on 360 though; I'm looking for inspired use of that tablet controller, Ubisoft!

A lot of console launches are a bit flat, game-wise, so I suppose we should thank our lucky stars that we've got a property as hot as Pikmin to welcome us to Nintendo's next generation.

I have hope now. Thanks!

Yeah, I love Armored Core!

...What?

Jokes aside, isn't there another presentation Nintendo are doing? Something about the 3DS, I think?

Jokes aside, isn't there another presentation Nintendo are doing? Something about the 3DS, I think?

Yeah, there will be a 3DS conference in about an hour.

I believe it will be streamed on e3.nintendo.com

Why the fuck didn't they show this on the press conference?

It seems you could say that about virtually every conference this year. Worst E3 in some time, that's for sure.

Nintendo is just showing us launch period titles for the WiiU at E3, right?

That seems to be the case. Nintendo has their own event around the time of the Tokyo Game Show, where we could perhaps hear of new developments for both systems. They might spend the whole thing talking about Nintendo Land like they did with the roundtable, though. :|

http://www.ign.com/events/e3/2012/live-video

Thursday, June 7

10:00am Day 4 Begins!

11:00am Tekken Tag Tournament 2

11:20am LEGO Batman 2

11:40am Persona 4 Arena

12:00pm DmC (Devil May Cry)

12:20pm Lost Planet 3

12:40pm Medal of Honor: Warfighter

1:00pm ZombiU

1:20pm Rayman Legends (Wii U)

2:00pm World of Warplanes

2:20pm Quantum Conundrum

2:40pm Metro: Last Light

3:00pm PlanetSide 2

3:20pm Disney Epic Mickey 2

3:40pm Aliens: Colonial Marines

4:00pm LittleBigPlanet Vita

4:20pm Forsaken Souls

4:40pm SimCity

5:00pm Nintendo Game!! (TBA)

5:20pm Beyond

5:40pm IGN's Game of the Show!

Anyone see this? Apparently Nintendo have one more thing up their sleeve this year.

I don't wanna get my or anyone's hopes up, but it's possible that there could be SOMETHING good here, if IGN are willing to hide it. I don't wanna get too excited but yeah, anything's possible.

There's nothing like eating a subway sandwich while waiting. Nintendo please pull through.

I don't wanna get my or anyone's hopes up, but it's possible that there could be SOMETHING good here, if IGN are willing to hide it. I don't wanna get too excited but yeah, anything's possible.

Nintendo Land 3DS. =P

Is there a Skype chat going on or are we just using this topic?

Also, is there even a stream? :P

Hoorah! Another conference I can watch live! Shall be watching this with much interest.

Let's see if Nintendo can redeem themselves after the dud that is Nintendo Land.

There's a nice room full of silent people sitting around that we're watching if that counts as a stream.

There's a nice room full of silent people sitting around that we're watching if that counts as a stream.

It wasn't working when I last checked, but it's up now. I look forward to there being sound.

• Thumbs Up 2

Right, I'm ready for the next conference. Don't disappoint me again Nintendo!

Don't let your hopes get too high then. ;)

I do hope we get some sort of good surprise at this show though... maybe a new 3DS Zelda or Metroid?

Nope, it hasn't started yet but they did make an announcement that it's starting soon. And don't worry, my expectations are not so high as yesterday. =P I just hope it'll be a satisfying conference and not something anti climatic.