Awoo.

Nintendo @ E3 2012 | The Mayans Were Not Ready | 5 Days

Patticus

Oh gosh Paper Mario looks so delightful. I think that this quickly turned into my most anticipated game this year. <33

NSMB2 looks okay. It doesn't grab me as much as the Wii U NSMB, but I'm not as sour towards this game as I was when it was revealed. Dunno if I'll actually bother to get a copy myself, but I know that my brother will be getting NSMB2, so I could just mooch off of him.

(Also, I just want to say that there's something very metaphorical about having a game with Mario literally turning everything into money.)

My problem is that they didn't announce anything for the 3DS we didn't already know about. No new games, no localization, nothing.

Even the WiiU games were predictable. We already knew it was going to have ports from the 360/PS3, and we knew they were inevitably going to make another NSMB for it. The biggest surprise for Nintendo was that Rayman is exclusive to the WiiU.

Not even Kingdom hearts 3d could make me love this event....it was just a overall meh. We already knew about this stuff nintendo. What did you expect? Us to gush over old stuff? I'm sure you knew we wanted all new stuff.

Oh gosh Paper Mario looks so delightful. I think that this quickly turned into my most anticipated game this year. <33

NSMB2 looks okay. It doesn't grab me as much as the Wii U NSMB, but I'm not as sour towards this game as I was when it was revealed. Dunno if I'll actually bother to get a copy myself, but I know that my brother will be getting NSMB2, so I could just mooch off of him.

(Also, I just want to say that there's something very metaphorical about having a game with Mario literally turning everything into money.)

Game & Wario has been updated with some gameplay.

This, I was expecting to more fall in line with WarioWare, but they cut the brevity of the namesake game allowing the minigames to be somewhat longer and a bit more complex like short games with multiplayer interaction:

http://www.ign.com/v...row-cam-e3-2012

You can find all of the links in the Game & Wario thread.

Edited by Kintobor

Epic Mickey 3DS looks too slow.

Also wher the hell was Iwata at this whole time? Hiding in shame because in his heart he know how shitty Nintendo's E3 was going to be? Bastard should have at least done an interview with Sakurai about Smash 4 considering we've waited a fucking year since his confirmation of new Smash games.

Goddamn E3 was fucking disappointing this year. :/

Epic Mickey 3DS looks too slow.

Also wher the hell was Iwata at this whole time? Hiding in shame because in his heart he know how shitty Nintendo's E3 was going to be? Bastard should have at least done an interview with Sakurai about Smash 4 considering we've waited a fucking year since his confirmation of new Smash games.

Goddamn E3 was fucking disappointing this year. :/

Really odd considering a picture of him, Reggie, and Miyamoto surfaced a day before E3 started.

Nintendo's home console focus was the launch period line-up for the Wii U, which it showed off. How complete that list of games is remains to be seen, but they had an objective and met it competently (even if it meant disappointing us).

If other big games aren't going to be available this year for the system, then they won't get shown off; hence the lack of Metro: Last Light, which is due next year sometime. They don't like to reveal big games too early on nowadays, as the hype bubble tends to deflate after a time, or the hype meter crashes through the roof and cannot possibly be met, so I would expect those big name titles we can expect in 2013 to be announced later in the year (hopefully including a Metroid or Fatal Frame game). If there is a Nintendo World event going on this year, that might possibly see a couple of reveals to get core gamers excited too, though its focus will likely be the Wii U and 3DS' Christmas period games, which will include many titles seen at E3 (so don't get yer hopes too far up!).

Well, all things done I guess I'm content with the new info I got from the games I've had my eyes on ( NSMB2, Paper Mario, and Luigi's Mansion). Plus I have yet to purchase a 3DS so I have a huge back list of games I need as well (MK7, Super Mario 3dLand, Mario Tennis Open, Sonic Generations 3DS). My wallet will be suffering enough as it is.

I wonder why. Couldn't be that he's their Mickey Mouse, could it? Nah.

When I go to Disneyland, not even 80% of the rides are "Mickey Mouse" themed.

To be honest I haven't seen a Mickey Mouse themed ride period. Goofy yes, Donald, yes , Mickey, No

And to back you up because I'm seriously sick of Mario -

Here's a list of all Mickey Mouse films and appearances in the past twelve years:

• Mickey Mouse Works (1999–2000) - A compilation show with new made-for-TV animated shorts featuring Mickey and friends.
  • Disney's House of Mouse (2001–2004) A show showing short animated cartoons of Disney's favorite characters
  • Mickey's Magical Christmas: Snowed in at the House of Mouse (2001) - House of Mouse video release.
  • Mickey's House of Villains (2002) - House of Mouse video release.
  • Mickey's PhilharMagic (2003) - Walt Disney World attraction.
  • The Lion King 1½ (2004, cameo)
  • Mickey, Donald, Goofy: The Three Musketeers (2004)
  • Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas (2004) - First Mickey film done in CG animation.
  • Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (2006–present) - A television series made for preschoolers done in CG animation

Nine. Since 2000. Okay, let's see the list of games featuring Mario in the past two years:

• Super Mario Galaxy 2
    • Super Mario All-Stars 25th Anniversary Edition
    • Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem
    • Mario Sports Mix
    • Super Mario 3D Land
    • Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games
    • Mario Kart 7
    • Mario Party 9
    • Paper Mario: Sticker Star
    • Luigi's Mansion 2
    • Mario Tennis Open
    • New Super Mario Bros. 2
    • New Super Mario Bros. U

And that's when I omit all the small cameo appearances.

... Right, I don't think Mickey Mouse is the right example here.

Edited by Dissident

^ Let's not forget the original New Super Mario Bros that came on the DS. =o

EDIT: Also Mario Party DS, Mario Kart Wii, Mario Kart DS, Mario Kart: Double Dash... actually there are a lot missing from that list Dissident...

EDIT 2: Nevermind, I just realized you put down "the past two years". Okay I have to go to bed now...

Edited by Ming Ming Love

That was way back in '06, I think. Everything on this list is from 2010-2012.

And to back you up because I'm seriously sick of Mario -

Here's a list of all Mickey Mouse films and appearances in the past twelve years:

• Mickey Mouse Works (1999–2000) - A compilation show with new made-for-TV animated shorts featuring Mickey and friends.
  • Disney's House of Mouse (2001–2004) A show showing short animated cartoons of Disney's favorite characters
  • Mickey's Magical Christmas: Snowed in at the House of Mouse (2001) - House of Mouse video release.
  • Mickey's House of Villains (2002) - House of Mouse video release.
  • Mickey's PhilharMagic (2003) - Walt Disney World attraction.
  • The Lion King 1½ (2004, cameo)
  • Mickey, Donald, Goofy: The Three Musketeers (2004)
  • Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas (2004) - First Mickey film done in CG animation.
  • Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (2006–present) - A television series made for preschoolers done in CG animation

Nine. Since 2000. Okay, let's see the list of games featuring Mario in the past two years:

• Super Mario Galaxy 2
    • Super Mario All-Stars 25th Anniversary Edition
    • Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem
    • Mario Sports Mix
    • Super Mario 3D Land
    • Mario Kart 7
    • Mario Party 9
    • Paper Mario: Sticker Star
    • Luigi's Mansion 2
    • Mario Tennis Open
    • New Super Mario Bros. 2
    • New Super Mario Bros. U

And that's when I omit all the small cameo appearances.

... Right, I don't think Mickey Mouse is the right example here.

Mario is a no show here in Luigi's Manison Dark Moon. To put it in Disney terms Luigi's Mansion series is a different series to Mario as Duck tales and Goof Troop are different series to Mickey.

To be fair I'm getting pretty tired of Mario too, but at least the games released are still of decent quality, so they're sure to please people who want more of whatever specific genre of Mario games they're into. For example I don't give a shit about NSMB but I'm pretty stoked for Paper Mario.

I think that's why I still hang onto the series; even if certain areas don't interest me at all anymore, there seems to always be at least one other thing that keeps me around.

• Thumbs Up 8

And let be honest here. The same way that some people are complaining about more mario, if Mario was a no show for the Wii U launch people will bitch and moan. Look at the 3DS for example, no mario at launch coupled with a high price point and there where hardly any sales. Not even to ports of well known games helped that much. In comes two mario games and coupled with a price drop and the 3DS sells like hot cakes. And we all know well that Mario and Sonic only sells like it does because it has Mario's name on it.

To be fair I'm getting pretty tired of Mario too, but at least the games released are still of decent quality, so they're sure to please people who want more of whatever specific genre of Mario games they're into. For example I don't give a shit about NSMB but I'm pretty stoked for Paper Mario.

I think that's why I still hang onto the series; even if certain areas don't interest me at all anymore, there seems to always be at least one other thing that keeps me around.

Edited by Dissident

At this point, I really wish they'd use the genre variety for some other franchises.

Like... why the fuck did we get another Mario Kart game when we haven't had an F-Zero game in years? Why make two Mario platformers at the same time when they could have gotten another Kirby game out? It seriously bugs me that this one franchise (that I admittedly don't even like) gets better treatment than every other property Nintendo's ever made.

That's the thing just because YOU don't like it doesn't mean that the whole world is in agreement with you.

One of these days they are going to milk Mario so much that people will be sick of just seeing him. They really need to give him an extended vacation (AND NO, not like the Delfino vacation, a real one), and allow the other IPs to shine.

Edited by Ming Ming Love
  • Thumbs Up 1

The fact that you like Mario doesn't make you better than fans of the franchises Nintendo's been completely ignoring for years now.