Awoo.

Nintendo @ E3 2012 | The Mayans Were Not Ready | 5 Days

Patticus

"That being said, the fun and enjoyment you get out of those games isn't only based on how the images look on those screens." There's some confusing discussion here talking around if/how much the Wii U is technologically limited.

Great the system isn't even out and their discussing its shortcomings.

Essentially seems to be saying that Nintendo is happy with the experiences that the GamePad affords, even if the overall Wii U specs might not be as powerful as other hardware.

This comment is worry some

Is there any signs of Miyamoto being here? He's usually the one to let the cat out of the bag.

Well hey, at least the thing apparently allows you to transfer Wii save files too. That's great. BETTER LET ME TRANSFER MY BRAWL, THOUGH. NOT DOING THAT SHIT AGAIN.

• Thumbs Up 1

Someone is asking if you'll be able to transfer downloaded Wii games and Virtual Console games over to Wii U -- an important question that I'd love for Nintendo to finally address.

good start.

Well hey, at least the thing apparently allows you to transfer Wii save files too. That's great. BETTER LET ME TRANSFER MY BRAWL, THOUGH. NOT DOING THAT SHIT AGAIN.

Seems to me more like Wii ware than save files.

More the idea of it, really. Wii was the last system where graphics weren't the focus, allowing for some seriously great stuff focused on gameplay rather than making the prettiest thing possible. Shame that wasn't really how it went most of the time, though. But hey, there was Monster Hunter and Xenoblade Chronicles.

Yes, that could have been how it worked out, but most devs and people ignored it, sadly.

Though that principle is why many JRPGs are moving to handhelds. Some series like SMT are having their main series move to handhelds.

Edited by Ekaje

They said saves and downloaded titles. So yeah, got it both in there. I would assume it's similar to the system transfer they have with 3DS.

Ask a generic question:

07:25:23 PM PDT

I think this is the final question - asking about how Nintendo has enough ideas for so many Mario games.

get a generic answer:

The answer: multiple teams working on very different core ideas for each game.

I think this is the final question - asking about how Nintendo has enough ideas for so many Mario games.

Trick question......they don't.

Edited by The Groosenator

Yes, that could have been how it worked out, but most devs and people ignored it, sadly.

Though that principle is why many JRPGs are moving to handhelds. Some series like SMT are having their main series move to handhelds.

Yeeeep. Perhaps handhelds will be the last stronghold for games that focus on more than just being pretty. Can't say much about difficulty, though. I mean, I love games from this era but, most of them are piss easy. :|

Well looks like where at the tail end of this thing and nothing new to come out of it.sad.png

They're reminding to attend the 3DS event tomorrow night to hear more about New Super Mario Bros. 2 and other 3DS titles.

My final hope in this rather lack luster E3.

You broke my heart, Fredo. You broke my heart.

Seriously, Nintendo. That was some premium shit there. Why even hold a roundtable if you don't talk about much of anything?

Edited by Crow T. Robot

Waste of fucking questions

"DURR IS THE WII-U A FAMILY SYSTEM?"

"DURR MARIO GAMES? AT A WII-U DEVS TABLE?"

"DURR I'LL ASK YOU A QUESTION THAT WAS CONFIRMED HOURS AGO"

So damn bad, waste of time. I was right too. 75 minutes of NINTENDO LAND and 15 minutes of wasted questions.

"They're reminding to attend the 3DS event tomorrow night to hear more about New Super Mario Bros. 2 and other 3DS titles."

That's right, hear about how you can have so much fun in NSMB2's Local co-op mode!

Edited by Nintendoga

The Wii was nowhere near hardcore and it constantly pandered to casual gamers. And no, we are not talking about the few games that were delegated to it such as the one you mentioned, Epic Mickey, Mad World(which people did not buy) and Sonic Colors, which could have just been on the HD consoles as well, or the awesome first party games that would have benefited tremendously in HD(this is why I was giddy for Zelda). Lets not forget the countless times that every time a game was being introduced, Wii fans demanded a port despite it not being powerful enough or subpar. This is why we wanted the Wii U to actually have 3rd Party exclusives like the Platinum game or great first party support. The Wii was pretty much a glorified board game when it came to most of their games. If you wanted to play Mass Effect, you had to get a Xbox or PS3. If you wanted to see the light of Assassin's Creed, you had to get the HD consoles. If you wanted to not just get the shitty port of a games, you had to get the HD consoles. That is the Wii's legacy and sure, they made money, but you cannot say that they were the true hardcore games. That is a completely fallacious statement. Trolling or no.

I'd like to think they'll announce some localizations of games like Fire Emblem and such, but at this point I'm expecting an hour of NSMB2 and the announcement of Nintendoland 3DS.

Just focus on Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. Shit's gonna be baller. Seriously though, not sure the 3DS could take online multiplayer for NSMB 2. They seriously need to beef their online up if Wii U's is gonna work.

Waste of fucking questions

"DURR IS THE WII-U A FAMILY SYSTEM?"

"DURR MARIO GAMES? AT A WII-U DEVS TABLE?"

"DURR I'LL ASK YOU A QUESTION THAT WAS CONFIRMED HOURS AGO"

So damn bad, waste of time. I was right too. 75 minutes of NINTENDO LAND and 15 minutes of wasted questions.

"They're reminding to attend the 3DS event tomorrow night to hear more about New Super Mario Bros. 2 and other 3DS titles."

That's right, hear about how you can have so much fun in NSMB2's Local co-op mode!

again with the butthurt

again with the butthurt

As far as I'm concerned he has every damn right to be.

I'd like to think they'll announce some localizations of games like Fire Emblem and such, but at this point I'm expecting an hour of NSMB2 and the announcement of Nintendoland 3DS.

If nintendo land 3DS is announced I will cry.

PS3 and 360 were hardly hardcore either. To say that they were just because they had games like Assassin's Creed is flat out ridiculous. Assassin's Creed is great and all but, it's no Metal Gear Solid. Easiest fucking stealth action game ever. But hey, feel free to say what you want. Wii and DS were the systems I spent the most time on during the last generation, despite having a shiny PS3 and Xbox 360 in the same room. Could get most of their games on PC anyway (PC master race represent).

If nintendo land 3DS is announced I will cry.

It will be Nintendo Land's California Adventure instead.

Edited by Crow T. Robot

if wii wasn't hardcore, 360 wasn't hardcore, ps3 wasn't.... no hardcore console last gen???

if wii wasn't hardcore, 360 wasn't hardcore, ps3 wasn't.... no hardcore console last gen???

PC was hardcore.

Actually yeah, probably. To be fair, I don't think the term hardcore actually exists all that well anymore. Games these days are aimed at a wider audience, so what are you gonna do. MAINSTREAM RUINED IT. HIPSTER GLASSES.

Edited by Crow T. Robot

If you think it is just Assassin's Creed(a franchise that thrived in this generation) that you guys missed out for 6 years, you are delusional. We are talking a shit ton. You can wear your fanboy colors as much as you want, but you are clearly biased.

Most games that were on PC were also on the console as well. Wow.

Edited by turbojet
  • Thumbs Up 2