Awoo.

Nintendo @ E3 2012 | The Mayans Were Not Ready | 5 Days

Patticus

Just focus on Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. Shit's gonna be baller. Seriously though, not sure the 3DS could take online multiplayer for NSMB 2. They seriously need to beef their online up if Wii U's is gonna work.

Yeah, at least they'll have some LM tomorrow, still hyped for that. And there are several bigger 3DS games that have online. I think a 2D platformer can handle at least online.

again with the butthurt

Just stop now.

If you think it is just Assassin's Creed(a franchise that thrived in this generation) that you guys missed out for 6 years, you are delusional. We are talking a shit ton. You can wear your fanboy colors as much as you want, but you are clearly biased.

I have a PS3 and 360, you doofus. I know how the games play. Look at my damn Playfire to see the last 3 played games were PS3 titles. Assassin's Creed is not hardcore, it's a mainstream franchise that's Ubisoft's Cash cow. It ain't no Madden but, it's essentially their Call of Duty. Of course, it's far better than that but, it was relatively the same (but fun) thing until 3. Now if you excuse me, I'm needed back under my bridge.

Edit: Oh yeah, hey, look at that.

https://www.playfire...ource=&letter=A

Yeah, at least they'll have some LM tomorrow, still hyped for that. And there are several bigger 3DS games that have online. I think a 2D platformer can handle at least online.

Actually heard platformers have the hardest time with latency, same with fighters. I never played 'Splosion Man online because, I heard the horror stories. D:

Edit 2: *Looking at my list of games*...I have no goddamn life. *Sniff*

Edited by Crow T. Robot

Blah blah "Hardcore," blah blah HD consoles. There is no opinion concerning the Wii's hardware limitations in relation to 360 and PS3, but whether you want to classify a system as hardcore or not is really more of an opinion. I don't think a console is hardcore because of a few games that couldn't run on certain other systems. All three major systems had bestselling titles unique to its own console, and throwing around the term "hardcore" not only settles nothing but it makes you seem more like a fanboy than anyone else.

Seriously gaaaaaaiiiiiizzzzzzz, let's just play the consoles and have fun... like games are supposed to be.

Cause I don't know what you're trying to get by throwing around "Hardcore" (does "Hardcore" suddenly equal "better" all of the sudden?).

• Thumbs Up 2

Why are people so obsessed with hardcore anyways?

Because people suck, back in my day I didn't give games the term hardcore or casual, I just bought games and enjoyed them and those I didn't enjoy traded them off, such simpler times.

I'd like to mention that 3rd party exclusives basically don't exists anymore so Nintendo either needs to manage parity with MS and Sony's next consoles or the WiiU is going to be a repeat of the Wii's last few years but for its entire lifespan.

Ask a generic question:

07:25:23 PM PDT

I think this is the final question - asking about how Nintendo has enough ideas for so many Mario games.

get a generic answer:

The answer: multiple teams working on very different core ideas for each game.

By "idea for so many Mario games", did he mean one game that's creative and then a cavalcade of games that are virtually identical in all but the platform they're on? Yeah, New Super Mario Brothers Whatever once again reuses assets from NSMB the last one.

I'd like to mention that 3rd party exclusives basically don't exists anymore so Nintendo either needs to manage parity with MS and Sony's next consoles or the WiiU is going to be a repeat of the Wii's last few years but for its entire lifespan.

By "idea for so many Mario games", did he mean one game that's creative and then a cavalcade of games that are virtually identical in all but the platform they're on? Yeah, New Super Mario Brothers Whatever once again reuses assets from NSMB the last one.

The person who asked the question left it so open to interpretation that frankly the response he/she was given was litterally a facepalm to the face. A better question would have been specific like 2D or 3D Mario Games.

The Wii wasn't anything towards hardcore whatsoever. it was pandering to generic casual gamers and it still is with Wii-U. but at least now were seeing something that we haven't seen with nintendo since gamecube died, return of good 3rd party titles. Batman, AS3, NG3, ME3, and Tekken TT2 are all just starters were going to be seeing allot of good ports and maybe original games coming to Nintendo now with extra features thanks to that controller gimmick. I take that as getting some of its Hardcore gaming system back.

No more shitty dumbed down ports is a win in my book.

What the hell even is your definition of hardcore? I didn't see much on either system that wasn't a shooting game or a game pretending it was a movie. I like actual games. PS3 and 360 had some yeah but, most of them you could just get for the PC. I suppose what I should really being say what reason is there to own a PS3 and 360 when they've got barely anything that makes them different from the superior PC platform? When I hear people going "SO HARDCORE, DUDE" they're talking about shooters, shooters, and more shooters. Know what shooters are better on? PC. Console shooter controls suck, and with the implementation of the 360 pad and other similar game pads there's very little reason to own a PS3 or 360 because, you can now play pretty much anything on PC with the right controls for any situation.

Seriously, I generally fear for the industry if Microsoft and Sony keep chugging along doing the same thing. If Nintendo were the only one to survive by putting forward something different, that would still be bad. You need diversity.

Edited by Crow T. Robot

What the hell even is your definition of hardcore? I didn't see much on either system that wasn't a shooting game or a game pretending it was a movie. I like actual games. PS3 and 360 had some yeah but, most of them you could just get for the PC. I suppose what I should really being say what reason is there to own a PS3 and 360 when they've got barely anything that makes them different from the superior PC platform? When I hear people going "SO HARDCORE, DUDE" they're talking about shooters, shooters, and more shooters. Know what shooters are better on? PC. Console shooter controls suck, and with the implementation of the 360 pad and other similar game pads there's very little reason to own a PS3 or 360 because, you can now play pretty much anything on PC with the right controls for any situation.

Okay will you please knock this off? I can't believe how ranty your post is, like I didn't even want to finish reading it. I don't come here to deal with console/PC fanboyism and I certainly do not want to hear this from you or anyone else here again. Any person I see doing this will get a complementary strike for their efforts.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Wii wasn't anything towards hardcore whatsoever. it was pandering to generic casual gamers and it still is with Wii-U. but at least now were seeing something that we haven't seen with nintendo since gamecube died, return of good 3rd party titles. Batman, AS3, NG3, ME3, and Tekken TT2 are all just starters were going to be seeing allot of good ports and maybe original games coming to Nintendo now with extra features thanks to that controller gimmick. I take that as getting some of its Hardcore gaming system back.

No more shitty dumbed down ports is a win in my book.

Sonic UnWiished is waving his fist in anger.

To be fair, it might still get some crappy ports later on if PS4 and the next Xbox end up being monsters. Though, I dunno. I thought at least Sony said going all out with the PS3 hurt them. Consoles don't have to push hardware limits, they just have to have good unique games.

To be fair, it might still get some crappy ports later on if PS4 and the next Xbox end up being monsters. Though, I dunno. I thought at least Sony said going all out with the PS3 hurt them. Consoles don't have to push hardware limits, they just have to have good unique games.

That's still the biggest thing that can kill the Wii U right now. A repeat of the Wii is not what Nintendo needs if they intend to appeal more to core gaming audiences this time around.

I don't know why anyone thinks Sony is going to make a PS4 anytime soon. Their stocks are at a all time low they can't afford it.

Edited by Voyant

You know, with all the hardware push behind the Wii U, I was hoping to see some specs on the Wii U, if only because Nintendo is doing something very familiar to me at this point, and that is marketing its consoles only for gaming purposes and nothing else.

As history shows, it helps to market consoles with more than just games. Microsoft showed that the Xbox's hard drive allowed you to play your own music, then with the 360, you could do A LOT more, like media streaming; if you knew how many hours I watched Netflix on my 360...

Sony took the Dreamcast out of business not only because of its game line-up for the PS2, but also because it could play DVD's, which was huge at the time. The PS3 can do Blu-ray's, which annihilated HD-DVD's (which was Microsoft's push), although, I have to admit, media streaming is turning Blu-ray's into a thing of the past.

My point is this: what can the WiiU do other than play games? Can it even play DVD's? Does it have an internal hard drive? I would assume the WiiU will have apps like the 3DS at least, but Ninty needs to give a bigger push in my opinion, because not everyone wants to play videogames 24/7.

That's still the biggest thing that can kill the Wii U right now. A repeat of the Wii is not what Nintendo needs if they intend to appeal more to core gaming audiences this time around.

Yeah, I know. Nintendo has a battle ahead of them if it happens. If it ends up a "PS2" of the gen (weaker but, not disgustingly so), it'll be all right.

I just realized something.

Retro said they're making a game everyone would love them to make.

Like F-Zero, right?

And Nintendoland has a F-Zero game.

So could it be...that...

No. NO. NO.

Edited by Thigolf

You know, with all the hardware push behind the Wii U, I was hoping to see some specs on the Wii U, if only because Nintendo is doing something very familiar to me at this point, and that is marketing its consoles only for gaming purposes and nothing else.

Nintendo doesn't do specs as far as I know. Same thing happened with the Wii. These don't become available until much, much later. Then again, I agree that they should've shown us if it can actually play DVDs, maybe even Blu Ray! It was aaaall about the controller again.

Only read continously updated blogs of all three conferences, and I'm here to push out my thoughts.

I didn't care for MS, and Sony's I found mediocre. I was really hoping for Nintendo to surprise and/or impress me. But that didn't happen, so in the end it was likely the most dissapointing. Yeah there's NSMB2 and NSMBU, but of course, nothing aside from some backgrounds and some powerups has changed much (although I'm still interested for them). Had some interest for Paper Mario, Luigi's Mansion, and surprisingly I was a wee bit interested for the now much-reviled NintendoLand. I was hoping for other Wii U first-party titles as well as some more specs/details about the Wii U, but of course they kinda blew it with their first games in the former and their previous Nintendo Direct in the latter. Doesn't help that some more details about maybe SSB or something could had been revealed at the roundtable, but no. Hopefully there's some good stuff at their 3DS conference, otherwise I'd call this a dud.

Conclusion:

MS I didn't care for at all, Sony's was meh, and Nintendo's was dissapointing for the most part. All of them were quite bad, although I think Nintendo sucked the least, with Sony following second, and Microsoft being the worst of the bunch. Didn't even bother taking a look at EA's conference. I'd definitely agree with you guys that Ubisoft won E3, and for me they won merely based on Rayman Legends alone, it looks incredible. I'm now actually starting to think about getting Rayman Origins when I get the chance. Also heard some good things about Watch Dogs and heard their conference was quite fun to watch.

Agreed 100%. That looks awesome. Why Nintendo didn't show this game on stage is beyond me. =[ I know Nintendo can still redeem themselves with tonight's conference but I don't think it'll be anything special. Not hyping this again that's for damn sure!

I don't know why anyone thinks Sony is going to make a PS4 anytime soon. Their stocks are at a all time low they can't afford it.

Even with their stocks being at an all time low, they still have much, much more cash than Nintendo. Beyond that, the Playstation brand is the most profitable part of Sony as a company in general. The new console probably won't be released immanently, maybe a year or so down the line, but it isn't off the cards.

They be already on it bro.

Why the fuck didn't they show this on the press conference?

Seems to be this E3's tagline.

You seem to forget Sony is a multi-trillion dollar company. Yes, they certainly can afford to make a PS4.

They can afford making a PS4 and R&D always research new technology from the moment a console launches. The question is whether they can even afford to juice it way beyond the capabilities of the PS3. Their stocks are still crashing, sinking lower than ever, they're selling most of their newest big products at a loss and as far as mega corporations go right now, they are not even close to being one of the most dominant ones.

I can almost say for complete certainty that for Sony and Microsoft, this next generation isn't going to be an arms race about how many gigabytes of RAM and graphics you can squeeze into a box.

• Thumbs Up 1