Awoo.

New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS)- How Many? One Mirrion Coins.

Nintendoga

But there are 3 NSMB games. How is this 2?.... Does Wii not count? Whatevs.

I can't really be too fussed about this one. I love Mario, but this is just reaching the point of ridiculousness. The 'NEW" games aren't so "NEW" anymore. When we hadn't had an original Mario sidescroller in years they could get away with relying on nostalgia, but now it's just lazy. And three games over six years on three systems all with the same graphics? For shame, Nintendo. And until I have reason to believe otherwise I'm just going to assume the soundtrack will consist of 90% "bwaaah bwaaah" once again... I will say the snow and forest level backgrounds are at least kind of nice to look at though.

That said, NSMB games are pretty fun, so I can't say I'll be skipping this one entirely. I'll probably grab a used copy somewhere down the line. Once I get a 3DS, that is.

On a slightly unrelated note... where the fuck is Paper Mario? This already gets a release date just a few months away while we've been waiting almost two years on Paper?! Goddamn.

Also, this has me curious about Wii U Mario. Would Nintendo really release NSMB 2 in August and NSMB Mii in November? Unless there's some connection and they want to use the two to advertise Wii U-3DS connectivity. Though I really can't see them having anything with that that's good enough to sell the system, sounds more like they'd just take sales from each other. Has me slightly hopeful that NSMB Mii as we know it WAS just a tech demo and that the project we'll see that's "based on it" is something a bit more exciting.

Edited by Chili Dawg
  • Thumbs Up 2

Since all the other enemies are gold too, I'm guessing it's just a bonus room or something where killing all the gold enemies will get you lives/powerups/coins, or just enemies just coins pop out of when you jump on them.

On a slightly unrelated note... where the fuck is Paper Mario? This already gets a release date just a few months away while we've been waiting almost two years on Paper?! Goddamn.
Edited by Ekaje

Hm, it's truly a pity that the graphics don't look all that different from the DS original. With the 3DS, I was hoping for something more akin to, say, Donkey Kong Country Returns in terms of the 2.5D handling.

• Thumbs Up 4

Guys, the graphics will obviously look worse when you see screens of them. Every game I've played on the 3DS looks nothing like it does in screens.

• Thumbs Up 3

There would be no problem with that if this game wasn't looking to be lazier than Dimps efforts at Sonic 4. Because it seriously looks lazier than Sonic 4.

Do you know how lazy that is?

Guys, the graphics will obviously look worse when you see screens of them. Every game I've played on the 3DS looks nothing like it does in screens.

Aq-hYHUCMAACNeE.jpg

3 different games.

I haven't bought the other 2, so if I'm going to buy any of them I may as well go for this. Another thing I want to note, it better have something exciting like the Wii version, that was actually quite a nice twist for a boss fight.

Edited by Jetronic
  • Thumbs Up 3

Yes, we know they look better on the 3DS, but what we're complaining about is how they're re-using graphics, and how it looks incredibly similar graphics wise to NSMB DS/Wii

I know part of it is the art style, but that doesn't mean they can't switch it up every now and then.

QUE?

get out of here, your comparing this game from 3 screens to the diaster that is Sonic 4?

I should rephrase that.

Based on these screeenshots, it looks like they are blatantly reusing assets from past "New" Super Mario Bros. games. And a lot of 3DS games look slightly worse in screenshots, but I don't think it'll look too different ingame.

Besides, when we got those Screenshots of Episode 2, It was craploads better looking compared to this. And I know the 3DS can handle better visuals than this. Maybe My view will change eventually when I see some moving gameplay.

Aq-hYHUCMAACNeE.jpg

3 different games.

I haven't bought the other 2, so if I'm going to buy any of them I may as well go for this. Another thing I want to note, it better have something exciting like the Wii version, that was actually quite a nice twist for a boss fight.

Thank you for posting these pics. Honestly this game is WORLDS better in terms of graphics compared to the DS, and sightly less than the Wii graphics. If memory serves me NSMB2 looks to have a similar start to World 1-1 of Super Mario Bros 3

Instead of milking the Franchise for all it's worth and making a billion Mario games per-console, we could be getting a fewer amount of games but with a greater amount of effort put into them.

That's what I fucking want.

You haven't been playing games for long have you? Everyone does it but, at least Nintendo makes good cash grabs.

0.jpg

vs

23wxu.jpg

bwahahaha

I'd much rather take worse graphics, actual platforming

over

Better graphics, BOING BOING BOING FWWSSHHH BOING BOING FWWSSHHH

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 4

I'd much rather take worse graphics, actual platforming

over

Better graphics, BOING BOING BOING FWWSSHHH BOING BOING FWWSSHHH

You say that like it has to be one or the other.

• Thumbs Up 3

New Super Mario Brothers 2 will be way better than Sonic 4, calling it now. Speaking of cash grabs, Sonic in a nutshell, can't even take enough time to make games that should be equivalent to the 3D Mario games.

This is Dimps in comparison to Nintendo EAD, dude.

Edited by Crow T. Robot

With Dimps and Nintendo, it always is

You haven't been playing games for long have you? Everyone does it but, at least Nintendo makes good cash grabs.

I've been playing them pretty damn long, actually.

The fact that everyone does it doesn't mean they have to, though. Pretty much everyone knows Nintendo makes good cash grabs, but the least they could do is make the game look a bit more interesting to play.

Because right now the screenshots say "New Super Mario Bros. DS with a fresh coat of paint and altered level design and a few new power-ups"

New Super Mario Brothers 2 will be way better than Sonic 4, calling it now. Speaking of cash grabs, Sonic in a nutshell, can't even take enough time to make games that should be equivalent to the 3D Mario games.

This is Dimps in comparison to Nintendo EAD, dude.

NSMB 2 will definitely be the better game. But all I'm saying is having good platforming doesn't give you a free pass for bad graphics.

With Dimps and Nintendo, it always is

But Nintendo usually makes good graphics and good platforming. A certain two games that took place in outer space....

Edited by Chili Dawg

I've been playing them pretty damn long, actually.

The fact that everyone does it doesn't mean they have to, though. Pretty much everyone knows Nintendo makes good cash grabs, but the least they could do is make the game look a bit more interesting to play.

Because right now the screenshots say "New Super Mario Bros. DS with a fresh coat of paint and altered level design and a few new power-ups"

I find it very hard to believe you wouldn't then complain about there not being any games for your 3DS months from now. It's always the same. GENERALIZING IS FOR COOL PEOPLE.

Edited by Crow T. Robot

Wow this looks exactly like other two games with minor differences. Maybe I've out grown Mario games but these games really don't excite me anymore Its always the same shit. At least have some thing other than Mario & Luigi with a few new power-ups and Yoshi in one or two damn levels.

As long as it has level design closer to Wii version rather than DS, I'll love it. DS NSMB was easily they easiest of all 2D Mario games, whereas NSMBWii was the hardest 2D mario (aside from lost levels)

I'll wait for more screenshots before I make a decision. Despite how dated some Mario games look, the gameplay is almost always great and worth the money spent.

Sonic 4 on the other hand...

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow this looks exactly like other two games with minor differences. Maybe I've out grown Mario games but these games really don't excite me anymore Its always the same shit. At least have some thing other than Mario & Luigi with a few new power-ups and Yoshi in one or two damn levels.

Oh yeah that reminds me. Yoshi in Wii. He got screwed.

If they bring him back for this one and return to World's system of bringing him anywhere then all of this is okay.

But I'm not getting my hopes up.

I find it very hard to believe you wouldn't then complain about there not being any games for your 3DS months from now. It's always the same. GENERALIZING IS FOR COOL PEOPLE.

If you were referring to me, I wouldn't really have much of a problem, along with my 3DS I have a Wii and a PS3. I have plenty of games I haven't finished or touched in a while I could play while I wait for some good 3DS games to come out. Maybe not everyone has it like this, but by then there are already some good 3DS games out to tied them over, isn't there?

No because, people are never satisfied. They'd be getting Kingdom Hearts 3D right before NSMB2 releases, and still ask for more. They'll ask for more AFTER NSMB2 releases, which is why Animal Crossing has a Fall release schedule.

Edited by Crow T. Robot
  • Thumbs Up 2