Awoo.

New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS)- How Many? One Mirrion Coins.

Nintendoga

Dude, I think you should spoiler your post there. Even if the reward might not be all that for some, that's just gonna ruin the surprise for those not in the know of it.

• Thumbs Up 8

Dude, I think you should spoiler your post there. Even if the reward might not be all that for some, that's just gonna ruin the surprise for those not in the know of it.

• Thumbs Up 1

The game's overall objective is to collect a million coins, and coins collected in levels are added to a total that is shared by the game's three save files. The reward for collecting 1 million coins is a new title screen featuring a

Gold Mario statue. If the coin counter maxes out (9999999 coins), the reward is a Gold Raccoon Mario Statue. [8][9][10]

Paid DLC will be available just after the launch of the game.

This is coming from Mario Wiki. So there is another prize in the game

As if collecting 1 Million coins aren't painfull enough.

I was finally able to try the game today at Target. I played through world 1-3 twice and I tried out coin rush mode. The levels I got in coin rush were world 1-4 and world mushroom -2. I found mario to sort of weight a little bit more than usual. maybe it was cuz the 3DSXL model wasn't really used that much yet. Also I can kind of see where people are saying that the levels seem short. I breezed by world 1-3 and world 1-4 very quickly, while I found world mushroom - 2 to be longer. Maybe it was cuz underwater takes longer to manuver in. But what I also found its that world 1-3 is more about the level having more things to do with flying than being on the ground. and world 1-4 has alot of interesting pipe routes to look for if you actually search for it.

Now I can finally say this with all certainity. Despite the same background and music and the sort of complaints it getting there is one thing that makes me know that I will not only enjoy the game but love it. Right now as I'm typing this I'm craving for more NSMB2.

The game's overall objective is to collect a million coins, and coins collected in levels are added to a total that is shared by the game's three save files. The reward for collecting 1 million coins is a new title screen featuring a

Gold Mario statue. If the coin counter maxes out (9999999 coins), the reward is a Gold Raccoon Mario Statue. [8][9][10]

Paid DLC will be available just after the launch of the game.

This is coming from Mario Wiki. So there is another prize in the game

There's another prize?

As if it wasn't hard enough to get the first one... I highly doubt anyone going to bother striving for the second one. It's a nice touch that they acknowledge it at all, but it's way too much effort to put in for something that really isn't worth it whatsoever.

You know, in all honesty... I don't mind that much that the prizes are merely aesthetic. If they had done something REALLY cool, they can assume most players will never reach it. Even one million coins is taking me a while now I'm no longer playing every day.

Granted, I'd have rather it had been something that doesn't

appear on the title screen only

but... yeah. Honestly this is one of those challenges that is too great for something seriously substantial, considering most players will never see.

• Thumbs Up 2

Apparently, gaining 1,100 lives will get you hatless Mario/Luigi. So I guess the lives DO count in the long run.

Apparently, gaining 1,100 lives will get you hatless Mario/Luigi. So I guess the lives DO count in the long run.

I can confirm this. I've maxed out the life counter and Mario does indeed lose his hat. He still has it in Coin Rush though, it should be noted.

So is there any point to collecting coins? No, the stupid "prize" you get for collecting 1,000,000 doesn't count. I can't imagine I'd have fun collecting a ton of little items that do absolutely nothing in the long run.

I really enjoyed 3D Land, but this doesn't look any more fun than NSMB Wii, which I didn't think was fun at all.

So is there any point to collecting coins? No, the stupid "prize" you get for collecting 1,000,000 doesn't count. I can't imagine I'd have fun collecting a ton of little items that do absolutely nothing in the long run.

I really enjoyed 3D Land, but this doesn't look any more fun than NSMB Wii, which I didn't think was fun at all.

Simply playing the game and Coin Rush mode are fun on their own merits. There's no point in grinding for coins for the sake of the reward, but I imagine most players will easily reach a million if they simply enjoy Coin Rush enough to have it to hand for quick use.

what are all the rewards and how do you get them? Out of curiosity (not really been following the thread)

what are all the rewards and how do you get them? Out of curiosity (not really been following the thread)

Max out the lives counter = Hatless Mario

1,000,000 coins = Gold Mario statue on title screen

9,999,999 coins = Gold Raccoon Mario statue on title screen

wow...very uh...shit!

Couldn't have hurt to give us extra playable characters?

Yes. Effort clearly hurt the devs of this game.

• Thumbs Up 4

I guess the devs thought that people might get bored with aiming for such a prize, so that the lack luster reward. But I honestly don't care for the rewards. I love the challenge of attaining the coins but I'm not gone to kill myself with little or no hours of sleep to get the million or max coin count. I rather have fun with the journey that what the destination gives. It like if you here of this special park or something and you live far away. The place may have turned out to be shit, but if done right you can possible say the journey to there was excellent.

I guess the devs thought that people might get bored with aiming for such a prize, so that the lack luster reward. But I honestly don't care for the rewards. I love the challenge of attaining the coins but I'm not gone to kill myself with little or no hours of sleep to get the million or max coin count. I rather have fun with the journey that what the destination gives. It like if you here of this special park or something and you live far away. The place may have turned out to be shit, but if done right you can possible say the journey to there was excellent.

Wait wait wait. Are you saying that they didn't give us a decent reward... because it's not as great as a title screen?

i

wha

how

why

hhuhiuhkahsbuiafgbk

*Brain has unexpectedly shut down. Would you like to send a report?*

Edited by Soma

Got my first NSMB2 streetpass. Spent a good 30 minutes playing their level set over and over, determined to get as good a run as I could just to make sure I beat them. Finally finished with 11000ish coins. Their record then revealed itself as 2000ish, lol.

Bought this game on Saturday, and I'm having a blast with it. In 3 days of play I have about 10,000. But that's cuz I have a busy schedule. I have played through world 1 and tried world mushroom without saving. The dash level is interesting and a change of pace. I like the design of world 1-A. The pipes have alot of different paths that are interesting. Roy's battle while simple is fun and entertaining. The backgrounds may look similar but I can wait to explore more. I also found world Mushroom -1 interesting with the different colored block backgrounds and the way you have to manuver to get to different parts. I'm trying to improve on Coin Rush, and hopefully I can pass by a mall or some public event to see if I can get some streepass coin rush data.

I also am craving to see what dlc is coming. As long as the level design is completely different than the one's in the game I will purchase some. If not I'll just be satifised with what the game came with.

Man while daydreaming in bed this morning and thinking about how lame the final boss was I came up with the neatest idea of how it should have been.

Simple really - Bowser should have got a coin flower. The final boss should have been Gold Bowser. He could still grow massive and be in the background for convenience, but basically he should have tailed you (maybe jumped between foreground and background) while throwing gold hammers and spitting homing gold fireballs.

The course could have been a complex mish-mash of brick blocks, so everything he attacks turns into coins - including the floor of course, giving a constant state of danger. Obviously certain blocks would remain solid after being gold-ified, so you can never get into an impossible position. There's always a path to the goal no matter what blocks are destroyed.

Of course, for those who are daring, this would be a challenging boss while STILL maintaining the coin grabbing gimmick to the very end of the game.

Finally at the end of the course, you get the usual switch, but instead of dropping him down, it drops the Koopalings in the Clown Car on his head or something, making him lose his gold flower ability. Then a giant gold flower drops on Mario or something, turning him into a Mega Gold Mario... at which point it is left to the player to shoot that ever so satisfying gold fireball, defeating Bowser and turning him into one of those giant 100-coins.

...Anyway yeah, I was pretty psyched about this idea that'd never happen so thought I'd share. I don't think I would have minded the lame final boss if they had at least kept the coin gimmick involved but... yeah it was just lame in so many ways.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 4

Man the co-op in this game is so frustratingly bad. It sucks, too, because I really wanted this to be a fun experience I could share. :C

NSMBWii had its frustrations but its multiplayer was great, especially compared to this.

Really? What's so bad about it? Just the small screen space or what? =C I will admit the only moments I saw where I wish I had a Luigi buddy were when a mass of coins appear that are literally impossible to grab all of them with a lone player.

...Anyway yeah, I was pretty psyched about this idea that'd never happen so thought I'd share. I don't think I would have minded the lame final boss if they had at least kept the coin gimmick involved but... yeah it was just lame in so many ways.

Really? What's so bad about it? Just the small screen space or what? =C I will admit the only moments I saw where I wish I had a Luigi buddy were when a mass of coins appear that are literally impossible to grab all of them with a lone player.