Awoo.

Sonic the hedgehog 4 - previews, interviews, and impressions topic

goku262002

Super Sonic has Episode 1 physics, and I'm not even kidding (it's not unreasonable to expect that to change between this beta and the final build however). Performing any tag action will turn Sonic un-Super again. Quite lame.

Seriously? What the fuck, why? With instant stopping, no inertia, etc? That sucks.

Hopefully it's ironed out in the final version, but if not that's pretty shitty. Honestly, Super Sonic has only ever been fun to play as in the classic games to me, I feel like they always get something wrong in the newer ones.

^ Was just about to post that. Ta, Indy. Interesting stuff. There's an unused music files too which is all too telling when you listen look at the textures.

And of course I can't post a link here, but I've got video on Youtube with the extra cutscene music/sounds in it. You can quite clearly hear the

sound from the Emerald here amongst a bunch of mechanical and robotic sounds, presumably that's the Master Emerald and some other crap. Another unused texture is a bright red spotlight.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

For some reason, the spoilers won't open. I've refreshed the page, restarted my laptop. Could someone PM me what the two spoilers are please?

As awesome as this find is, I can't say I didn't see it coming.

I mean it's pretty obvious that Sonic and Tails' pods were gonna land on Angel Island,where Eggman returns to steal the Master Emerald to re-power the Death Egg With. A blatant plot rehash to bring back Knuckles, which I'd be okay with.

My guess, is that the secret cutscene has Eggman inside the Egg Station, with Thunder and a lightning strikes behind it while he's looking at a monitor that has the Master Emerald on it, with To be Continued?

P.S. I thought E.g.g Station was destroyed back in Ep.1?

Edited by Nintendoga

Didn't actually notice this before, but Skyler pointed it out:

In the scene after Sky Fortress/beforeDeath Egg, there's several EGG Stations floating around the Death Egg itself. They're referred to as such within the files. They're blatantly similar to E1's EGG Station, being a mix of yellow and cyan.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 4

this is all really interesting, its like there is a deeper story or meaning behind the simple nature of episode 2, this is why i love sonic, always finding new things in the games.

Sounds all well and good but honestly the no lock on kills Sonic 4 for me personally. Any chance that sometime in the future Sega would do a disc release or something that adds proper lock on, aka play through all of Sonic 4 without having to load each episode as if it's a different game?

Sounds all well and good but honestly the no lock on kills Sonic 4 for me personally. Any chance that sometime in the future Sega would do a disc release or something that adds proper lock on, aka play through all of Sonic 4 without having to load each episode as if it's a different game?

There's honestly no reason why this wasn't done in E2. It includes all the data for E1, except bosses and EGG Station. It should have been done already. Edited by Blue Blood

Oh dear lord Super Sonic's physics. It's hilarious and disappointing at the same time.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, that new info on Episode III is bound to bring up some (hopefully pleasant) surprises! And Knuckles. I wanna see Knuckles. :V

Ken gives us all a masterclass as to how to avoid answering "If you don't own episode 1, will there be an episode 1 & 2 bundle deal?"

Although Gamester 81 does bring up quite a good point... why isn't there a bundle deal for ep 1 & 2?

Sonic game story elements we are actually getting excited over? Izuka-San, you truly are listening to us!

Edited by Chaos Warp
  • Thumbs Up 1

Now I would be more interested in the plot

If it wasn't rehashing-something it says it's not

You got Sonic and Tails doing the same crud

That we saw them do back when they were still new buds

Eggman built a death ship that they destroyed in '92

And then they did it again in Sonic and Knux, which was still new

Fast forward to '12, we have mk II from Sonic 4

Does Sonic Team really think we're not doing what we did before?

Edited by Kazaam

Well the story is kinda different metal sonic is in it aaand he glows purple.

• Thumbs Up 4

Exciting and deep story? What the hell are you guys talking about? This is nothing but a lazy rehash of the story from the classics. It's the exact same thing. See this is THE big problem with Sonic 4: It draws so much from its predecessors that it really doesn't have an identity of its own. Am I the only one who wants something that actually moves the classic series forward?

Don't get me wrong, I like the fact that S4 has given CD some canon relevance. But I agree with you whole heartedly. It doesn't actually do anything of it's and is a retread of previous titles. E1 being S1/S2 without Tails, E2 being CD without any of the cool things about Little Planet. EM attempts to add some relevance to E1 but ultimately I'm left wondering "why didn't Eggman just summon Metal and give him the treasure he found? Why did he even bother with the EGG Station?" If speculation about the E3 teaser is accurate then we all know what to expect there too.

EDIT: Also, I'm still bitter about the fact that the name 'EGG Station' initially sounded like some sort of train related stage to me, but ended up being another space station.

EDIT2: Speaking on the CD story, how come Eggman has to take over Little Planet in EM? I thought he won Sonic CD.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 4

Exciting and deep story? What the hell are you guys talking about? This is nothing but a lazy rehash of the story from the classics. It's the exact same thing. See this is THE big problem with Sonic 4: It draws so much from its predecessors that it really doesn't have an identity of its own. Am I the only one who wants something that actually moves the classic series forward?

Regarding the secret audio and files:

From the sound of the, er, sounds and the listed assets, it sounds like this is happens:

The Master Emerald rises up and shimmers/glows, suddenly things get all evil, dark and grim and one of the E.G.G. stations appears above the M.E., it does some laser zapping or uses some doohicky to take the M.E. inside it and then it blasts off. Then "To Be Continued..." appears.

The Episode 3 story concept is probably Eggman steals the M.E. again and Angel Island crashes, but the Death Egg does not land on it.Instead, the M.E. goes into space and the Death Egg powers back up. Maybe Episode 3 is meant to take place on unexplored areas of Little Planet with Knuckles joining the team?

Wow, I guess the story really instead worth getting excited over then, thaks for raining on that parade guys :v

Edited by The Groosenator

Wow, I guess the story really instead worth getting excited over then, thaks for raining on that parade guys :v