Awoo.

Sonic the hedgehog 4 - previews, interviews, and impressions topic

goku262002

Ouch, it really isn't looking good on the music front is it? Where has all the audio talent gone?

Haven't played the game yet myself but I've seen all the leaks, and that seems like a fair score. Frankly, shouting "DUUR HUUR BIASSS" at this guy is getting old. It's his opinion. Have you not seen the Generations review? He clearly isn't biased when it comes to the Sonic series.

Not at all. Thought I partially agree with what Scar said on the previous page, his reasoning seems rather out of whack.

• Thumbs Up 3

Music isn't that bad for the most part, but some of it - namely the the boss music - is ear grating. Plus, while slightly improved, the soundfont is still not great.

Some tracks are fantastic. like Sky Fortress Act 2 and 3, but after hearing the boss music over and over and over, I can imagine why he muted it.

Its not the best, but its not Chronicles.

So long as the music isn't as terrible as either Chronicles or Genesis GBA, I don't mind.

I'm actually slightly surprised. I expected at least a 5.5/10 from Destructoid.

Edited by Mephiles550

Ken appears not to be happy about this.

But that's almost a given.

Sterling thinks Ep1 is better than Ep2? What the fuck! Eggman should Robotosize him!

There is know doubt that the graphics in Ep2 look decent and SOME of the music sounds really good. Worse than Ep1? not possible!

Will one of the TSS writers be doing a full review of the game when it comes out?

Edited by MilesKnightwing

OXM US review: 7.5/10

http://www.oxmonline...isode-ii-review

Will one of the TSS writers being doing a full review of the game when it comes out?

I expect Dreadknux will likely do one. If not, I'm sure someone else will.

• Thumbs Up 1

"? Can Sonic please stay in 2D forever?"

No.

Now, time for the rest of the reviews to come pouring in, I suppose. A little surprised they're this late.

• Thumbs Up 5

"? Can Sonic please stay in 2D forever?"

No.

Now, time for the rest of the reviews to come pouring in, I suppose. A little surprised they're this late.

They're actually right on time for a digital download game. Earlier reviews only usually happen for full retail games.

5/10 and 7.5/10? Not looking to good so far...cue the generic comments "sonic sux since heroes, sonic cycle is back, only way to save sonic is with sanik avencha tree" etc.

5/10 and 7.5/10? Not looking to good so far...cue the generic comments "sonic sux since heroes, sonic cycle is back, only way to save sonic is with sanik avencha tree" etc.

Sonic Heroes?

I thought it was "sonic sux since classic 2D sonic hedgehog, sonic cycle is back, only way to save sonic is with true sanik headhawg to-de game".

Edited by Mephiles550

I disagree with what he said about the music. That's all I can say until I play the game. Regardless of his opinion, the review was a boring read, though.

Ken appears not to be happy about this.

But that's almost a given.

Link?

The only reason I can think of as to why Ep1 is better than Ep2 is that it doesn't have any forced gimmicks (there are level gimmicks, but that's another story). Sonic the hedgehog 3 had Sonic and Tails and Tails could carry Sonic and stuff like that but all this was OPTIONAL. If you wanted to explore or to find some more routes or secrets you could use Tails' help. In Sonic 4 Episode 2 it is FORCED to the point that sometimes it breaks the flow of the game with that gimmick itself and with that long animation.

5/10 is a bit too low though... I think 7 or 7,5 is what this game deserves.

Edited by ArtFenix

Since I joined the online Sonic community with Sonic-Cult back in '03, what I wanted more than anything else was another Classic game, something to call Sonic 4. I never would have imagined that once we finally got it I'd be calling for SEGA to kill it off.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 4

After the Sonic 4 series..... SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG 2 episode 1/8! God forbid this from happening.

On the http://www.sonicthehedgehog4.com website: you know at the top you can select episiodes I & II which gives you media, story, characters etc. Well next to the II at top of the site there is a picture of a (slightly) moving Metal Sonic. Click on that and it gives brief info of Episode Metal and screenshots etc. I have only just noticed this. If this Metal Sonic section has been on the site for weeks then please forgive me as I have clearly missed something blatantly obvious.

Edited by MilesKnightwing

They also updated the Badniks sections. The new Orbinaut version is called "Flamer"

Brilliant names. Flamer. Oh man, must have taken them 2 whole seconds to come up with. I guess it's supposed to be "ironic", because it sure isn't clever.

Brilliant names. Flamer. Oh man, must have taken them 2 whole seconds to come up with. I guess it's supposed to be "ironic", because it sure isn't clever.

Yeah. It's almost as un-clever as Spikes.

Or Bubbles.

Or Chopper.

Or Crabmeat.

Or Monkey Dude.

Or Mushroom Meanie.

Or Coconuts.

Or Batbot.

Or Buzzer.

Or Burrowbot.

Or Bomb.

Or Masher.

Or Spiny.

Or Grabber.

Or the Greek Alphabet.

Or Kiki.

Or (you get the idea)

• Thumbs Up 9

Most Badnik names suck, but if all else fails there's always Scarabesque.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 2