Awoo.

Marvel Cinematic Multiverse | Official Thread For Movies and D+ Shows

Jacky

Saw Ant-Man yesterday in a theater with reclining leather chairs, whooo!

Pretty good film, though definitely more of a comedy than most Marvel flicks have been. The body count was amazingly low.

Ant-man was awesome, entire family(and I mean the entire extended family on my dad's side) enjoyed it

Now, for those of you who wanted a closer look at a certain something from a certain post credits scene that we can't wait to see in action, well head into this spoiler

fHP2xbu.jpg

I watched Ant-man with my classmates and teachers a week ago, it was cool :3

I just said "wow, Marvel did it again, another good film, iwhat a surprise [sarcastically] s that magic? I didn't care about Ant-man, and then it just... great, I shouldn't doubt Marvel anyomore"

Our boy Spidey's Civil War cameo is apparantly amazing.

http://io9.com/the-new-spider-man-reboot-wont-revisit-his-origin-sto-1721884208

How many scenes will Spider-Man be in? I don’t know the exact number, but sources have recently made it clear to me that there’s more Spider-Man in this movie than I expected. Spider-Man doesn’t just swing by and say hi - gets his hands dirty in this Civil War. He fights. And his fight scene might be the one that really gets fandom excited - not because of how top tier the face-off will be, but because of how profoundly dorky and unlike any other big screen superhero fight it will be.

So for the record: Peter Parker will have a cameo, while Spider-Man will have a few scenes and at least one fight that will be jockeying for a spot on the best superhero battles ever list.

• Thumbs Up 2

Ya, the point I heard is that Spidey himself has been around since the beginning, only peter parker has been waiting for casting

Also apparently Mark Ruffalo has been sighted with the cast partying near where they've been filming... perhaps my hopes for the Red Hulk showing up may happen after all

Edited by Mando

Ya, the point I heard is that Spidey himself has been around since the beginning, only peter parker has been waiting for casting

Also apparently Mark Ruffalo has been sighted with the cast partying near where they've been filming... perhaps my hopes for the Red Hulk showing up may happen after all

Well, I've read up on it a bit and it seems that the Red Hulk in the original comics is

General Ross... who is appearing in this movie after having not been seen in all of Phase 2

I mean, they don't always use the same characters from the original comics, but it is interesting.

Edited by JaidynReiman

Well, I've read up on it a bit and it seems that the Red Hulk in the original comics is

Hidden Content

I mean, they don't always use the same characters from the original comics, but it is interesting.

Red Hulk is always General Ross, and it's generally known, not a secret, and no other has ever used that persona, it has a unique Gamma power set(rage causes heat production, radiation absorption, ridiculously high heat resistance[up to ghost Riders HELL Fire], and of course super strength. Throw in high intelligence, military training, and custom made gear, well he's a bigger threat to hulk than even the abomination, with one noted difference), Biggest thing about Red Hulk though is that he's a hero, he just initially goes overboard in his vendetta against the hulk, but shortly after is straight-up hero, just opinionated, and stubborn. Essentially, it creates a great foil to hulk, and a great antagonistic hero for the MCU who rubs most heroes wrong, but is acknowledged as a great hero. Oh and he killed abomination, by ripping him in half, and can depower the hulk, though his absorption powers vary in level, and are generally a later skill, not an initial ability

Red Hulk is always General Ross, and it's generally known, not a secret, and no other has ever used that persona, it has a unique Gamma power set(rage causes heat production, radiation absorption, ridiculously high heat resistance[up to ghost Riders HELL Fire], and of course super strength. Throw in high intelligence, military training, and custom made gear, well he's a bigger threat to hulk than even the abomination, with one noted difference), Biggest thing about Red Hulk though is that he's a hero, he just initially goes overboard in his vendetta against the hulk, but shortly after is straight-up hero, just opinionated, and stubborn. Essentially, it creates a great foil to hulk, and a great antagonistic hero for the MCU who rubs most heroes wrong, but is acknowledged as a great hero. Oh and he killed abomination, by ripping him in half, and can depower the hulk, though his absorption powers vary in level, and are generally a later skill, not an initial ability

Well, I just spoilered it because the MCU isn't always the same as the original, and he may very well become Red Hulk in Civil War.

I love Black Panther and he looks fucking rad in Civil War too. I mean I was excited for Civil War in general but his appearance alone sealed the deal for me.

Something is telling me I'm gonna see this movie a lot.

Black Panther looks pretty sweet in that outfit.

Can't wait until Avengers 2.5... I mean Civil War.

I had mixed feelings about Ant-Man. While watching it, at times  I enjoyed the film, and at other times, I felt the movie was shallow and that the humor was weak and merely relied on cheap profanity.

Overall, I feel the film was good, but it could have been better.

• Thumbs Up 1

Civil War trailer description: 

Here’s what we see: The new Avengers are in buildings overlooking a crowded market in what appears to be a third-world country. “Eyes on target, folks,” Captain America says. Falcon says, “Red Wing, launch,” and a small drone hovers free and dives down to the street, swooping beneath a truck, which is loaded with explosives. Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson is in a café.) “It’s a battering ram,” she says. The team closes in, and the truck opens up—revealing Crossbones, a.k.a. Brock Rumlow (played by Frank Grillo, from The Winter Soldier). He spots Cap moving in and throws a magnetic bomb onto Cap’s vibranium shield. Cap thinks fast, throwing the shield into the sky just as it detonates.

He is now unarmed, and Crossbones pummels him. The rest of Crossbones’ crew springs to action. Falcon blocks machine gun fire with his wings. Black Widow flips through the air, sending bad guys flying. Crossbones grips Cap and slams him into a concrete wall. He leers at the hero from behind a metallic, skull-shaped masked. “You dropped a building on my face,” he snarls, a reference to the conclusion of The Winter Soldier. Cap rips his gauntlet off and pushes free, then tears off the metal mask. Crossbones kneels, defeated, and mutters: “You know … he remembered you. Your pal … your buddy … Your Bucky.” Turns out, Captain America does have a weak spot.

From there we get the Marvel Studios logo and cut to William Hurt as Secretary of State Thaddeus Ross—the former general, known as the nemesis of The Incredible Hulk. “The world owes you an unpayable debt,” Ross says as images of past heroism play onscreen. “While a great many people see you as a hero, there are some who prefer the word vigilante. People are afraid.” Cap is indignant. “This job, we try to save as many as we can. Sometimes that doesn’t mean everybody,” he says. Then we see a shot familiar to anyone who waited for the end credits scene after Ant-Man. The Winter Soldier himself, Cap’s old friend Bucky Barnes (played by Sebastian Stan), is trapped in a warehouse with his metallic arm locked in a vice. “Buck … You know me?” The assassin whose mind was wiped in the previousCaptain America movie looks up. “My mom’s name was Sarah,” he says. “You used to wear newspapers in your shoes.” Then we get a reunion between Cap and another powerful being: Robert Downey Jr.’s Iron Man. “Sometimes I want to punch you in your perfect teeth,” he says.

Something has happened. Something that can’t be undone. The world wants heroes to stay heroes, but they need to be regulated. Controlled. We see a flash of heroes. Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen), Paul Bettany as The Vision (wearing street clothes! A dapper suit), Jeremy Renner’s Hawkeye striking a pose with his bow and arrow, Chadwick Boseman as T’Challa—in regular clothes, and also in his Black Panther armor, complete with gloves that extend razor-sharp blades from the fingernails.

As we see various teams of powerful beings running at each other, the footage cuts to another van—this one with Paul Rudd’s Ant-Man inside. He meets Cap and totally geeks out. “Captain America…” he says, awestruck, shaking his idol’s hand. And shaking it some more. And then some more. “I’m shaking your hand too long,” he says. Pinwheeling around, he looks at Scarlet Witch. “I know you, too!” Ant-Man says. “You’re great!” He tries to play it cool. “I want to say I know you know a lot of super people, so thinks for thanking of me,” he says. Then pauses. Blinks. “Thanks for thinking of me,” he corrects himself.

Civil War trailer description: 

Heh, my Red Hulk detectometer is going off the charts, that happening just seems to perfect for this movie with Ross behind the power control movement, what better symbol for that then an in control Hulk

Heh, my Red Hulk detectometer is going off the charts, that happening just seems to perfect for this movie with Ross behind the power control movement, what better symbol for that then an in control Hulk

That's what I see happening as well. Especially since Iron Man's team is lacking a member at this point (assuming the statement was true; it didn't look like a rumor but a confirmation).

Few new set pics, nothing huge, cept first time we've seen War Machine on set, oh, and Ant-Man appears to have a new outfit!

Yaon4qH.jpg

gMZ3v8y.jpg

Well this could be interesting

https://variety.com/2015/film/news/doctor-strange-mads-mikkelsen-1201549501/

‘Doctor Strange’ Eyes ‘Hannibal’ Star Mads Mikkelsen to Play Villain (EXCLUSIVE)

Justin Kroll

Film Reporter@krolljvar

Hannibal” star Mads Mikkelsen is in early talks to play one of the villains in Marvel’s “Doctor Strange” opposite Benedict Cumberbatch, Variety has learned exclusively. While sources say no offer has been delivered, one is expected shortly. Marvel had no comment on Mikkelsen’s involvement.

Tilda Swinton and Chiwetel Ejiofor are on board to co-star. Scott Derrickson is directing the comic book movie from a script by Jon Spaihts. Marvel’s Kevin Feige will produce.

Cumberbatch will play Stephen Vincent Strange, a former neurosurgeon who becomes the next Sorcerer Supreme and primary protector of Earth against magical and mystical threats. Marvel Comics artist Steve Ditko created the character in 1963. Swinton will play Strange’s mentor, the Ancient One, while Ejiofor will appear as Baron Mordo, who also studies magic under the Ancient One in the comic books, before becoming Doctor Strange’s nemesis.

Mikkelsen’s exact role remains under wraps, but sources say he will be another antagonist to Cumberbatch’s titular sorcerer.

“Doctor Strange” will debut on Nov. 4, 2016, with production set to start late this year.

Marvel has been interested in Mikkelsen for some time, at one point courting him for the villainous Malekith in “Thor: The Dark World,” until Mikkelsen won the role of the titular cannibal in NBC’s “Hannibal” and was no longer available. The Malekith role eventually went to Christopher Eccleston.

If accepted, this would be Mikkelsen’s second high-profile role in the wake of “Hannibal’s” cancellation — he’ll also appear in “Star Wars: Rogue One,” which will hit theaters on December 16, 2016. He is repped by UTA and Art Management.

Filed Under:

My thought, Dormammu, it's most likely to me, since we already got Baron Mordo

Edited by Mando

James Gunn on the Fantastic 4 situation: 

jdekUZ9.png

11986501_10152890666871157_2589013902197

gemWIob.png

wJbgiO4.png

He seems convinced that Fantastic 4 is going to be at Fox for a while, which is what I expected. They don't want to hand Marvel another billion dollar franchise. It's a shame, though.

• Thumbs Up 1

Damn it. But what's the deal with Namor though? It's not like Universal is gonna do anything with him anytime soon.

Damn it. But what's the deal with Namor though? It's not like Universal is gonna do anything with him anytime soon.

Theme park rights, big sore thumb that universal holds that results in a bit of bad blood between them and disney

Big news came today. Marvel Studios has officially broken ties with Marvel Entertainment and now works directly under Disney.

After what one source describes as "several years of frustration," Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige has pulled off a reorganization of the vaunted film company that has him reporting to Disney studio chief Alan Horn as opposed to the infamously micromanaging Marvel Entertainment CEO Isaac "Ike" Perlmutter.

Feige, the architect of Marvel's transition from a flailing comic book company into a film powerhouse that was sold to Disney for $4 billion in 2009, is said to have vented his unhappiness to Horn and Disney CEO Bob Iger earlier this summer. The reorganization was put into effect last week, according to sources.

"Marvel Studios is taking the next logical step in its integration with The Walt Disney Studios, joining Pixar and Lucasfilm in centralizing many of its film-related functions in Burbank, with Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige and co-president Louis D’Esposito continuing to lead the Marvel Studios team reporting to Walt Disney Studios Chairman Alan Horn," a Disney spokesperson tells THR in a statement.

The revamp is a blow to New York-based Perlmutter, a low-profile billionaire who has contributed to Marvel's reputation in Hollywood for frugality and secrecy (as THR reported in a 2014 feature, he attended the premiere of Iron Man in a disguise to go undetected and once complained that journalists at a press junket were allowed two sodas instead of one). Jeph Loeb, head of Marvel Television, continues to report to Perlmutter, who will maintain oversight of Marvel's TV group, publishing, animation and other New York-based operations.

Perlmutter, 72, is said to have accepted Feige's insistence on the film group breaking free. But the move illustrates the power that Feige has amassed within the Disney empire, having overseen a slate of films since 2009 that has grossed more than $7 billion while rival Warner Bros. has struggled to turn its DC superheroes into a comparable cinematic universe. Disney has plotted out Marvel films until at least 2019.

The shift also evidences the tricky executive politics that Iger must manage as a result of assembling several freestanding feifdoms under the Disney banner over the past decade. Pixar Animation Studios, Lucasfilm and Marvel have been key acquisitions that brought with them valuable intellectual property assets and creative expertise. But each silo is overseen by powerful executives such as animation gurus John Lasseter and Ed Catmull, producer Kathleen Kennedyand Perlmutter and Feige, respectively, all of whom have tremendous influence within their corner of the Disney empire.

Feige, 42, has been considered the key man at Marvel, producing everything from the original Iron Man through this summer's Avengers: Age of Ultron and Ant-Man. One insider says Feige has earned the opportunity to break free from Perlmutter, who is not only controlling, but also obsessed with thrift.

"Everybody knows Ike is difficult," says one source close to the company. "This has been a long time coming. Kevin has grown his entire career under Ike and now it just makes sense."

This is a really interesting development. I wonder how this will affect phase 3.