Awoo.

Marvel Cinematic Multiverse | Official Thread For Movies and D+ Shows

Jacky

Well, here's an interesting reaction to ant-man, most so far have been positive, but here's a really positive one

https://twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/615920997296816128

Follow

James GunnVerified account
‏@JamesGunn
I think @AntMan is my favorite @Marvel film since Iron Man (well, excluding one to which I'm partial). Holy cow is it a blast.

So take that as you will

Horray for positive Ant-Man reactions! My Dad still thinks it's gonna suck.

Eeeeeeeh, James Gunn kinda works for Marvel, directing GOTG2, so I'm gonna wait out on more impressions.

Honestly, can't say his tastes line up with everyone, on the other hand, if he was just saying it was good that's questionable, saying it's his favorite, means that he's most likely sincere

Edit: Actually, here's his full review from his facebook page, along with a comment of interest

https://www.facebook.com/jgunn/posts/10152779252576157:0

James Gunn

4 hrs · Edited ·

Ant-Man may just be my favorite Marvel film since Jon Favreau's Iron Man (well, maybe excluding one film to which I'm partial). Honestly, the movie is a complete blast! I was so happy after seeing it. It's never boring for a second and it's hilarious and warm throughout. It doesn't get caught up in the webbing of its own science-fiction concept like so many movies do these days, remaining simple and elegant. It's a part of the Marvel universe without being ruled by that fact. Paul Rudd is nuanced and charming and funny and is a surprisingly natural fit as a modern superhero (side-fact - Paul must be a nice guy, because he and I dated the same girl in college, and yet I still love him). Michael Peña KILLS IT - this movie is going to make him a huge star. My old pal Judy Greer (she was Deadly Girl to my Minute Man in The Specials (film) many moons ago) is great in a small role. And Michael Douglas is awesome. I think all of Peyton Reed's years directing have led him to making something as deft and nimble and joyous as this; he did an incredible job. And, despite Edgar Wright's parting from Marvel, his spirit is felt through the entire project, and there is no doubt everyone owes him a huge debt of gratitude. I left the theater incredibly happy. So often I see movies by people I love which are just okay - it's great to love a movie as much as I love the people who made it.

This is a photo of me and David Dastmalchian at the premiere after-party last night - David plays a Russian hacker in the movie and nearly every single line out of his mouth gets a laugh. He's getting on a plane this morning to fly back to Colombia to resume filming his other movie - my movie, The Belko Experiment.

Congrats to the the whole Ant-Man team. Amazing work, guys! And, for the 99.99% of the people reading this who aren't part of the Ant-Man team, go check it out when it hits theaters (in a lot of places) July 17.

Have a great Tuesday.

Nicholas Wan Cheng Yao Did Marvel pay you to praise the film?

5 · 4 hrs

James Gunn Of course not. Dude, I won't even direct commercials, which I've been offered millions of dollars to do. As anyone who follows me here knows, I've been to almost every Marvel premiere and I have not praised all of the films.

Sick, comic-con exclusive Mondo Ant-man poster(only has a 175 print run, so I sadly won't be getting one)

1-9ac6e3cb39.jpg

So, I just saw an advance screening of Ant-Man (shouts out to Marvel for posting free tickets to screenings through their twitter ayyyyyyy). Really enjoyed the hell out of it and i highly recommend it, wayyyyy better that you're expecting it to be. This movie goes one step backwards from the past few MCU movies and, pardon the terrible pun, instead of going bigger and having "oh no we have to save the world" and giant things crashing in the 3rd act and stuff, it goes for a more smaller, more personal, and intimate stakes that are at risk, and it feels, very satisfying actually, and just a nice change of pace. The story is fast-paced, every scene always getting to the point and then transitioning to the next, but it never feels rushed or anything, there's just never a dull moment in the film. Alot more Edgar Wright feels leftover than you'd expect, in the incredibly entertaining action sequences, and parts of the script including specific gags. All the actors are on point and both the leads and the supporting characters are great, although Corey Stroll as Cross/Yellowjacket does kinda suffer from the usual MCU solo movie Forgettable Villain Syndrome a bit, he's really just Obadiah Stane 2.0 honestly, Yellowjacket suit is cool as hell and he has a few great scenery-chewing moments though. Out of the entire MCU i think this has my favorite 3rd act, again, just because of how "small-scale" it is, while at the same time being really huge in it's own right which makes for some awesome and ridiculous moments happening one after another, it's just a blast and me and my best friend and the rest of the audience were cheering and laughing so hard during these moments. OH, and if you're as big a Marvel fan as me you'll just love the countless references and ties to the rest of the MCU that are amazing and unexpected and you don't want to get them spoiled, do not miss the credits scenes either, there's 2, and they're both incredible. All in all, another fantastic addition to the MCU, and what a nice little dessert it is after the main course that was Ultron, and ending Phase 2 and preparing you for the insaneness that will be Phase 3. If i had to rank it, it's honestly probably better than most of the Phase 1 movies, at least on par if slightly better than Cap 1 and IM1 imo. The best parts of those movies mixed with a little bit of GOTG in it's blood as well. Ignore all those pesky production issues, the initial underwhelming marketing campaign, the truth is, this movie is just so much fun, and you all need to go see it when it comes out next week! 

• Thumbs Up 1

Glad to hear it ended up good after all, I really did doubt this movie but hopefully when I see it my doubts will be put to rest. 

Marisa Tomei is our new Aunt May http://www.avclub.com/article/marisa-tomei-spider-mans-new-aunt-may-221960

I know a lot of people are going to complain about her not "old enough" but I like this casting choice.

Edit: because I've seen this thrown around a bit now on Aunt May shouldn't be someone in her 20s or 30s. Marisa is actually 50 guys, not exactly super old but also not that young.

... That actually does bring up an interesting point. Aunt May and Uncle Ben really shouldn't be THAT old. Sure, around their 40s or late 30s when Peter is high school age, but they're not grandparents. And I doubt Peter's dad was much younger than Uncle Ben.

Speaking of Peter's parents, I really hope they bring back their SHIELD agent backstories. Mainly because it's way more interesting than what happened in the Amazing movies.

• Thumbs Up 1

I could see Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and/or Cap'merica 3: Time For Everyone To Punch Each Other having a reference or two to Peter's parents and their history as agents, assuming that's going to be part of their backstory.

... That actually does bring up an interesting point. Aunt May and Uncle Ben really shouldn't be THAT old. Sure, around their 40s or late 30s when Peter is high school age, but they're not grandparents. And I doubt Peter's dad was much younger than Uncle Ben.

Speaking of Peter's parents, I really hope they bring back their SHIELD agent backstories. Mainly because it's way more interesting than what happened in the Amazing movies.

Just have them be normal people.

At this point then, i want Nicholas Cage back as Ghost Rider too, lol.

Nah, they should've gotten Nicholas Cage to play Thor.

tumblr_m3fdhly1LD1qelnjgo1_r1_1280.png

Missed the opportunity for the best casting ever, Marvel.

• Thumbs Up 3

Here, have some ear candy, the theme from Ant-Man

Can't wait to see this, but I may have to wait a week or so, would love to support it opening weekend but there is a fifty-fifty chance I'm driving home next week, and I got most of my sisters and my dad to agree to see it with me

• Thumbs Up 1

I like ear candy, I like movie scores, and I like this theme.

It doesn't sound like many other MCU scores and gives me a kinda Spider-Man feel to it's music. I like how the music plays into the whole "big and small" thing by having music get more calm and more intense.

• Thumbs Up 1

Saw the movie today. Much, MUCH better than I was expecting. Both funny and full of action. I may like it more than Age of Ultron, but I'd have to see that one again just to be sure.

So I just got back from Ant Man. Really enjoyable movie overall. Had a lot of funny jokes (a lot of the henchmen/friends of Scott, especially the one who drives him home from jail when he gets out, were really funny), it felt like it understood the ridiculousness of the power set, "shrink down and talk to ants" and didn't play it fully seriously but at the same time still respected it and rolled with it for the whole movie. Not a mind blowingly amazing origin story like Iron Man 1 or Guardians Of The Galaxy, but a good, really enjoyable movie and origin story nonetheless. I would agree with Jacky and say it's roughly on the level of Cap 1. It's refreshing to see a story on a bit of a smaller scale with all the super big larger then life stuff going on in the MCU recently. No mass world threat, no huge battles, just a heist set up by a man motivated by the love of his daughter seeking redemption for his criminal past, and a old man looking to make sure his technology is used for evil and

Making up with his daughter along the way 

They did a really good job of acknowledging that this smaller scale story takes place in the massive scale MCU though, with really neat references and cameos, which is something I really like about the movie to be honest.

After credits spoilers below:

The first after credits scene was pretty cool, showing that Scott and Pym's daughter will have a romantic Ant Man and Wasp pairing/team up in the sequel probably, but the 2nd one was a lot more interesting. For some reason it was really quiet so I didn't get everything that was said (what I got was that they recovered Bucky, they can't tell tony cause they think Bucky's dead/other reasons, and they need to help him and somehow Ant Man can help, IDK why or how cause I didn't hear everything, can someone fill in the blanks for me?), but you can totally still tell it's a Civil War tie in. Ant Man seems like he'll be in Civil War at this rate. 

All in all good movie, go see it. I really doubted this film because of all the production issues and the director swap+Marvel not even using Hank Pym as the main Ant-Man, but I'm happy it turned out good anyway. 

Ant-man has no business being as good as it is. It was in development hell with Wright procrastinating, the switch up with the writers and director's, and some script re-writes to push in some more Marvel Tie-ins.

And yet this is pretty damn good, and a great way to finish off Phase 2.

Question for y'all how would you grade the phase 2 movies as a whole?

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm popping in here because while I think this may have a slower opening weekend I think this movie will have legs, and now I'll tell you why.

I have not seen the movie yet(promised my sisters I'd see it with them when I got home in a week), but this morning I got a call from my Grandpa, now he occasionally calls and says hello, but it's been a month or two(and a few weeks since I last called him. He asked me how I was doing, then asked me if I'd seen the movie yet, I explained why I hadn't, then two things happened: He told me he had enjoyed it a lot, which I have never heard him say about a superhero before, then he said he'd be more than willing to go again with me and my sisters. That last part is what shocked me, as I can't recall any movie where he offered to go again, I mean he's been willing to repeat sometimes when I asked, but this time he asked me. Now my grandpa isn't a superhero movie guy, he goes to the theaters every other Friday or so, and enjoys a good action flick, and I did get a good chunk of my taste in books from him(we're both big readers). The movie was so great, that not only did he gave it his equivalent of praises, but he WANTS to go again. That is a really good sign, and while this movie isn't going to hit with everyone, but if it hits as well with a fourth of it's audience as it did with my grandpa the word of mouth on this movie is going to give it some pretty big legs because it sounds like a straight out fun movie. Oh, and apparently my Grandma loved it too

You guys have no idea how hard it is for me to wait a week to see it :( maybe I should watch some Avenger's Earth's mightiest heroes to hold me

Man, sometimes movies are extremely hard to get off the ground. Sometimes it can be perfecting a script, disagreements and disputes... Hell, someone can get so pissed that they leave the project and set progress back for a great deal of time! And for most flicks, this results into a movie that not only under performs, but is stained into the memories of fans hoping to see something truly amazing.

Hearing that there was an Ant-Man movie in development, I got excited. While not all that popular, I still knew of him and enjoy his adventures a lot for being different than most other superheroes. In the comics, it was a story of a pacifistic scientist who only want to make the world a better place, but due to a mistake of his that caused the suffering of many, he became a psychotic, disturbed and broken shell of a man that wouldn't know the consequences of his insanity until it was too late. Yep, he's a man that shrinks, grows and controls ants, but has THAT as a story arc. Not exactly, Honey, I Shrunk the Kids! levels of lighthearted, isn't it? It's depressing, but surprisingly deep. And is one of the few superhero stories where it actually makes sense to have multiple people take up the name.

But still, Ant-Man was still a superhero that always fell into obscurity immediately after every time he reintroduced, even despite being one of the original Avengers along with his girlfriend Janet Van Dyke A.K.A The Wasp. So while I was happy to hear that Ant-Man would get a time to shine, but I was also worried in case the movie would turn out to be garbage. Even more so with how much shit went down in the movie's development for years! It also disappointed me that they were immediately jumping into Scott Lang's story and not having Hank Pym as the lead -- who was the original and had the best story in my opinion of any Ant-Man. Heh... But if you've already seen my status update, you probably already know that I already love this movie and think it's an amazing addition to the cinematic universe.

I kept on being as optimistic as i could, but I had my doubts. And despite how different this movie was in order to fit into the cinematic universe, I still found myself laughing, engaged and having fun from beginning to end. Yes it's different, but it nails what makes an Ant-Man story great. By being very aware of how silly the concept can get, but not being afraid to get serious or even dire when the time is right. His ability to shrink was explained well and used exactly when it was necessary for training, stealth and humor. The same can be said about his unorthodox ability to control ants.

Yes, the power to control ants is a bit silly, but how this movie pulls it off is smart and detailed. He doesn't just gather ants, tell them to swarm something or ride them and then they peace out. There's actually a great deal of thought placed into what breed of ants to use and how to use them. From Crazy Ants that can emit electricity, to Bullet Ants who is said to have the most painful sting in the world. Some say it's sting has the equivalent amount of pain as a fresh bullet wound, so more than any bee or wasp you'll ever encounter! Thought and research was put into this because they are real breeds! Also the ants have a bit of character in this movie. It's noticeable, but subtle enough so that it doesn't prove annoying.

R.I.P. Antonthy the ant... Your sacrifice wasn't in vain!

Short and sweet, it's a story about Hank Pym enlisting the help Scott Lang to stop the process of an experiment -- inspired from his Pym particles -- from being complete and going into the wrong hands. It a story that doesn't try to shoehorn anytime "End of the world" plot into the mix, but makes it very clear how bad things can get if Darren Cross, the villain played by Corey Stoll, got his way with a known foreboding danger.

Hank was worried that the project would be used as a weapon and Darren was planning on selling both the Yellowjacket and Ant-Man tech to freaking Hydra.

And what also help make this film even more enjoyable was the great cast of characters. Everyone had a part and played it as well as they should. Paul Rudd was an excellent Scott Lang and Micheal Douglas made a great old Hank Pym. While how they met did feel a bit out there, their relationship as mentor and student felt genuine. And then you add supporting characters like Hope Van Dyke, played buy Evangeline Lilly, who brings more of the drama to the story involving involving the Pym family. And also Scott's friends who add more to the comedy. Also, I was afraid that his friends, Louise in particular, would prove to be annoying. But he and the rest of them all prove to be great since they didn't overstay their welcome at all. They were actually legit funny and acted well according to very situation they were in... As competent goofballs.

But what I'm really happy about is how the villain has great development to becoming evil. I love a lot of the past Marvel movies, but some of them did seemed like they had villains that just wanted to handle things the evil way for the sake of keeping the story going. Cross actually seem like he was a good man at a point, but after certain events I wish not to spoil, grew into a much more bitter and power-hungry force. He had a great amount of screen time and grew more sinister as the movie went on. It felt similar to Hank Pym's mental breakdown in the comics. Not as intense, nor the same resolve, but still pretty damn close.

The effects were great. The CGI ants were well animated, and the growing/shrink effects were spectacular. A lot of the scenes when Ant-Man is small were handled in such clever ways that there's no way you'd be able to figure out what would happen when everything became ant-size. And moments when he would shrink and grow during fights actually made the action feel much faster than a normal fight would. And the moments where we would stay small made basic action from our size seem more epic or funny than they otherwise would. So for anyone that felt like they saw all the movie had to offer from the trailer... You may have saw the Thomas the Tank Engine scene, but otherwise you haven't saw a damn thing.

And yeah, the movie does tie in with the cinematic universe in a multitude of ways, but I'll let you find out yourself if you choose to go see the movie. Otherwise if you don't care about spoilers or just refuse to dive into this obscurity-covered candy ball then I hate your fa-- Er, I mean, check out the spoiler! But be warned... I've posted as many cinematic universe nods in this spoiler tag as I could remember. Just a heads up.

Hank Pym in this story worked under Howard Stark in his younger days, who wanted to mass produce the Pym particles for weapons. He also worked for shield at a point and wanted Scott to retrieve a prototype from an old shield bunker, not relabeled as a building from the Avengers. He meets Falcon here and the both of them fight, Ant-Man gets what he came for, leaving Falcon embarrassed that he got beat by someone the size of an ant. After the credits Falcon talks with Captain America about bringing Ant-Man to the team.

Also Hope Van Dyke will be the new Wasp.

It's a fun movie, and I can tell that Edgar Wright poured his heart into that script.  But with all that has happened in the development of this movie, I wouldn't mind if Ant-Man got the Hulk/BlackWidow/Hawkeye/etc. treatment and only had a role in other movies from here on in unless Marvel is absolutely, equivocally and indisputably sure that they can make another Ant-Man film that somehow tops this one. Otherwise, just stick with the former.

But yes, I love this film. And just to reiterate from my status update... "If any of you have any doubts or pessimism about this film, be it the name, concept, not knowing who Ant-Man is or etc... Do yourselves a favor and throw that shit out the window because not only is this movie great, it's honestly in my Top 5 list of Marvel Cinematic Universe Movies. Please don't do yourselves a disservice and miss this awesome flick!"

Edited by YoshiUnity
  • Thumbs Up 3

Man, sometimes movies are extremely hard to get off the ground. Sometimes it can be perfecting a script, disagreements and disputes... Hell, someone can get so pissed that they leave the project and set progress back for a great deal of time! And for most flicks, this results into a movie that not only under performs, but is stained into the memories of fans hoping to see something truly amazing.

Hearing that there was an Ant-Man movie in development, I got excited. While not all that popular, I still knew of him and enjoy his adventures a lot for being different than most other superheroes. In the comics, it was a story of a pacifistic scientist who only want to make the world a better place, but due to a mistake of his that caused the suffering of many, he became a psychotic, disturbed and broken shell of a man that wouldn't know the consequences of his insanity until it was too late. Yep, he's a man that shrinks, grows and controls ants, but has THAT as a story arc. Not exactly, Honey, I Shrunk the Kids! levels of lighthearted, isn't it? It's depressing, but surprisingly deep. And is one of the few superhero stories where it actually makes sense to have multiple people take up the name.

But still, Ant-Man was still a superhero that always fell into obscurity immediately after every time he reintroduced, even despite being one of the original Avengers along with his girlfriend Janet Van Dyke A.K.A The Wasp. So while I was happy to hear that Ant-Man would get a time to shine, but I was also worried in case the movie would turn out to be garbage. Even more so with how much shit went down in the movie's development for years! It also disappointed me that they were immediately jumping into Scott Lang's story and not having Hank Pym as the lead -- who was the original and had the best story in my opinion of any Ant-Man. Heh... But if you've already seen my status update, you probably already know that I already love this movie and think it's an amazing addition to the cinematic universe.

I kept on being as optimistic as i could, but I had my doubts. And despite how different this movie was in order to fit into the cinematic universe, I still found myself laughing, engaged and having fun from beginning to end. Yes it's different, but it nails what makes an Ant-Man story great. By being very aware of how silly the concept can get, but not being afraid to get serious or even dire when the time is right. His ability to shrink was explained well and used exactly when it was necessary for training, stealth and humor. The same can be said about his unorthodox ability to control ants.

And yes, the power to control ants is a bit silly, but how this movie pulls it off his smart and detailed. He doesn't just gather ants, tell them to swarm something and then they peace out. There's actually a great deal of thought placed into what breed of ants to use and how to use them. From Crazy Ants that can emit electricity, to Bullet Ants who is said to have the most painful sting in the world. Some say it's sting has the equivalent amount of pain as a fresh bullet wound, so more than any bee or wasp you'll ever encounter! Thought and research was put into this because they are real breeds! Also the ants have a bit of character in this movie. It's noticeable, but subtle enough so that it doesn't prove annoying.

Hidden Content

Short and sweet, it's a story about Hank Pym enlisting the help Scott Lang to stop the process of an experiment -- inspired from his Pym particles -- from being complete and going into the wrong hands. It a story that doesn't try to shoehorn anytime "End of the world" plot into the mix, but makes it very clear how bad things can get if Darren Cross, the villain played by Corey Stoll, got his way with a known foreboding danger.

Hidden Content

And what also help make this film even more enjoyable was the great cast of characters. Everyone had a part and played it as well as they should. Paul Rudd was an excellent Scott Lang and Micheal Douglas made a great old Hank Pym. While how they met did feel a bit out there, their relationship as mentor and student felt genuine. And then you add supporting characters like Hope Van Dyke, played buy Evangeline Lilly, who brings more of the drama to the story involving involving the Pym family. And also Scott's friends who add more to the comedy. Also, I was afraid that his friends, Louise in particular, would prove to be annoying. But he and the rest of them all prove to be great since they didn't overstay their welcome at all. They were actually legit funny and acted well according to very situation they were in... As competent goofballs.

But what I'm really happy about is how the villain has great development to becoming evil. I love a lot of the past Marvel movies, but some of them did seemed like they had villains that just wanted to handle things the evil way for the sake of keeping the story going. Cross actually seem like he was a good man at a point, but after certain events I wish not to spoil, grew into a much more bitter and power-hungry force. He had a great amount of screen time and grew more sinister as the movie went on. It felt similar to Hank Pym's mental breakdown in the comics. Not as intense, nor the same resolve, but still pretty damn close.

The effects were great. The CGI ants were well animated, and the growing/shrink effects were spectacular. A lot of the scenes when Ant-Man is small were handled in such clever ways that there's no way you'd be able to figure out what would happen when everything became ant-size. And moments when he would shrink and grow during fights actually made the action feel much faster than a normal fight would. And the moments where we would stay small made basic action from our size seem more epic or funny than they otherwise would. So for anyone that felt like they saw all the movie had to offer from the trailer... You may have saw the Thomas the Tank Engine scene, but otherwise you haven't saw a damn thing.

And yeah, the movie does tie in with the cinematic universe in a multitude of ways, but I'll let you find out yourself if you choose to go see the movie. Otherwise if you don't care about spoilers or just refuse to dive into this obscurity-covered candy ball then I hate your fa-- Er, I mean, check out the spoiler! But be warned... I've posted as many cinematic universe nods in this spoiler tag as I could remember. Just a heads up.

Hidden Content

It's a fun movie, and I can tell that Edgar Wright poured his heart into that script.  But with all that has happened in the development of this movie, I wouldn't mind if Ant-Man got the Hulk/BlackWidow/Hawkeye/etc. treatment and only had a role in other movies from here on in unless Marvel is absolutely, equivocally and indisputably sure that they can make another Ant-Man film that somehow tops this one. Otherwise, just stick with the former.

But yes, I love this film. And just to reiterate from my status update... "If any of you have any doubts or pessimism about this film, be it the name, concept, not knowing who Ant-Man is or etc... Do yourselves a favor and throw that shit out the window because not only is this movie great, it's honestly in my Top 5 list of Marvel Cinematic Universe Movies. Please don't do yourselves a disservice and miss this awesome flick!"

Actually, the primary sequel suggestion that's being thrown around by both Micheal Douglas and the director is one that would make both you and I very happy, which is a Prequel set back in the seventies or so around Pym Ant-man and the original Wasp. That would have some major potential

• Thumbs Up 1

Actually, the primary sequel suggestion that's being thrown around by both Micheal Douglas and the director is one that would make both you and I very happy, which is a Prequel set back in the seventies or so around Pym Ant-man and the original Wasp. That would have some major potential

Took a while for me to response to this. But if they're up for it, AND absolutely sure that they can nail it, then sign me up!

• Thumbs Up 1

Well this is interesting, if these are indeed pics of Spidey's costume from the Russo Bros and real, it means that we could be getting classic eye shape changing outfit!

http://comicbook.com/2015/07/23/is-this-a-first-look-at-spider-mans-new-movie-costume-/

Is This A First-Look At Spider-Man's New Movie Costume?

Screen Shot 2015-07-23 at 12.39.59 PM

Our first look at Spider-Man’s new live-action duds may have swung on-line, giving us a tease of what Tom Holland’s Web slinger will look like in Captain America: Civil War.

As BirthDeathMovies recently sleuthed, a new Twitter account that may or may not officially belong to Civil War directors Joe and Anthony Russo began tweeting some up-close photos from the movie’s set. Within the account’s flurry of of photos, two photos stand-out as possible teases of Spider-Man’s suit.

The first tweet shows a goggle laying on top of red fabric.  As BDM speculated, this goggle could very-well be a part of Spider-Man’s lenses. The shutters on the goggles would allow Spidey to squint and convey emotion for the otherwise expressionless mask, as Marvel Comics artists often do.

The second tweet really piques our interest, however. The  textured fabric all but screams “superhero suit,” but which one? The  red and dark blue/black (depending on who you ask) color scheme could signal Captain America, but what if it was really for Spider-Man? It’s worth remembering that in his early days, Spider-Man rocked a red and black/navy blue uniform before brightening things up with the royal blue color scheme we all associate with the character today. And given that Spider-Man’s earliest  comic adventures saw him in high school, as this new on-screen iteration’s will, it makes all the more likely that Captain America: Civil War’s (and the 2018 Spider-Man solo film) Spider-Man will sport the Steve Ditko-Designed red and black costume. 

But, this is all speculation for now. We don’t even know of the Russo account is real or not, much less the photos it Tweeted. To see BDM’s full analysis of the suit photos, along with the account’s other tweets, head here

What do you think readers? Could these photos be early glimpses of Tom Holland’s Spider-Man suit? Let us know in the comments!

To see when Captain America: Civil War and Spider-Man hit theaters, head to ComicBook.com’s comic book movie database

• Thumbs Up 1

Shutters for eyes? Interesting. It's a nice homage to the comics and cartoons which use Spidey's mask to convey emotion.

Can't wait to see how it really works!