Awoo.

Marvel Cinematic Multiverse | Official Thread For Movies and D+ Shows

Jacky

It would be great if Marvel get the rights to the FF, though I really think they shouldn't get the X-Men license. Why? Deadpool. I can't imagine Deadpool working under the Marvel/Disney flag. I'll wait until the film to judge but it just doesn't sit right with me.

It would be great if Marvel get the rights to the FF, though I really think they shouldn't get the X-Men license. Why? Deadpool. I can't imagine Deadpool working under the Marvel/Disney flag. I'll wait until the film to judge but it just doesn't sit right with me.

Same. I really think the X-Men are fine staying with Fox. But the Fantastic Four? They have to go back.

• Thumbs Up 1

The collider article is full of BS, Marvel officially stated quite a while back that they have the X-men TV rights, and both Marvel and Fox released a press release a while back that they were in negotiations. Stop and think if Fox had the rights the past 8 years, wouldn't they have made a show before now? And also, why would Marvel be co-producing unless they controlled the rights and had struck a deal? Fox has been uber-independent previously

Obviously Fox negotiated the fucking rights out of Marvel. That's not what I was talking about to begin with. We don't know WHAT Marvel got in exchange for the rights yet at all. It could have just been compensation for all we know

Of course I (and many others) know him as The Tenth Doctor. I showed this news to my sister (who loves the 10th Doctor) and she was all like: "I could never see Tennant as the villain!"

How to spot someone who hasn't watched the Harry Potter films in two seconds. He wasn't even too bad there. Then again, he was only seen for a few minutes because reasons. If this Purple Guy is characterised similar to that, I could see it. 

Hulk to appear in Thor: Ragnarok?

Mark Ruffalo is in final negotiations to appear as Bruce Banner, aka the Incredible Hulk, opposite Chris Hemsworth’s Thor in Marvel’s "Thor: Ragnarok",” sources have confirmed... The script for “Thor: Ragnarok” was written by Christopher Yost and Craig Kyle. Yost was a co-writer on “Thor: The Dark World.” Plot details remain vague, other than that the film will take place somewhere other than Earth and Asgard. This will mark the first time Ruffalo will appear as the Hulk in a film that isn’t an “Avengers” pic. It is currently unknown how the Hulk will play into the storyline of the upcoming Thor movie.

Edited by Pawnkin

Tennant is insanely perfect casting for Purple Man, I just hope they don't change up his character, I worry they might and it'll feel like a waste to get the casting that right and not have the character be the same.

Pretty sure now that Fox and Marvel both have said no Marvel F4 it's not happening, usually they'd just stay quiet if true.

Also as far as TV rights go, I think they had an agreement that neither could move on TV without the other. Fox took Marvel to court years ago over Mutant X, then it got settled out of court, so I figure they came to an agreement then to have to both agree anytime one wanted to do a TV show, but we really don't know what the actual agreement from then was.

On the up side, Legion series has me hype, character has so much potential, I really hope it takes heavily from Spurrier's run. As for Hellfire Club, it's not what I would have picked and really I'd just want an X-Factor show, but I can't deny Hellfire has potential given the right people, though there's not as much of a template for those characters carrying a series so we'll see.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, we got the first, I'll be it fuzzy unofficial set pics of Doctor Strange, all the way from NEPAL! Which means they are actually filming part of the origin in the region it happened in the comics which is sick

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/marvelfreshman/news/?a=126646

Principal photography on Marvel's Doctor Strange picked up this morning in Kathmandu, Nepal, following yesterday's unconventional commencement. And several new photos have surfaced from the shoot (via Twitter and Instagram) with a much closer look at a scruffy Benedict Cumberbatch in full costume as Stephen Strange. Furthermore, the Oscar-nominated actor's dialect coach, Sarah Shepherd, has been posting photos on social media from the same filming location which could imply that Cumberbatch's Sorcerer Supreme will have an American accent as opposed to British.

There is no word on how long Doctor Strange will be filming in Nepal, but the Marvel Studios production (aliased Eye See You) is expected to head to London next month. In the meantime, be on the lookout for more photos hopefully with other cast members in costume. What do you think?

DVoiGCH.jpg

3WVGgR5.jpg
bP0te9b.jpg
InAkNtq.jpg
dkFyDvx.jpg

Now that's classic Dr Strange origin story, all the way from 1963

And before anyone says that makes them think of Batman Begins, that origin didn't exist in any form until '89 When DC started to hire Daredevil writers to revive Batman who was starting to fade out somewhat comic wise.

Edit: Also, on other fun tidbit is most of these are from his Vocal coach, but he's a great actor what does need a coach for you might ask? Why for his American accent of course!

Edited by Mando-Whirl-Wind

• 3 weeks later...

1448429363648.jpg

CUoh59sWsAAWhac.jpg

This is gonna get really ugly and I'm gonna love every second of it

Edited by Wraith
  • Thumbs Up 8

JESUS CHRIST

Well I certainly can't wait for this movie but like

"...But he's my friend."

"So was I."

THAT HIT ME IN THE FEELS HONESTLY

• Thumbs Up 1

''He's my friend''

''...So was I...''

WHY YOU DO THIS TO ME ;-;

Damn, the scene with Tony getting beaten up by Bucky AND Steve does bring home the fact that, yes, they're the heroes, but they're not right, no one is, they're both heroes fighting for what they belive in.

• Thumbs Up 1

Lmao Seems like Tony just gets smacked around in this. Poor guy. Guess he's paying for Ultron now.

Bucky about to snatch out the Arc Reactor tho...I just remembered that won't kill him so now it's not as exciting...BUT STILL

I haven't really looked into it, but I thought Stark was the 'villain' of Civil War? The way the trailer's set up, it seems more like it's pushing Cap as the bad guy.

Which... Makes a change, I guess?

I haven't really looked into it, but I thought Stark was the 'villain' of Civil War? The way the trailer's set up, it seems more like it's pushing Cap as the bad guy.

Which... Makes a change, I guess?

if i'm remembering correctly it was due to tony stark being ainted as the "bad guy of the conflict" with his actions such as locking up convicted super-heroes in the negative zone,creating the cape-killer units and the creation of  a thor clone who would later be known as "ragnarok" were some of the things he did during the original civil war story arc

cap wasn't himself either though since he was busy making all sorts of hot-headed choices as well

so basically in reality the first civil war main plot was...a dud however as the trailer has confirmed the registration act appers to be changed and the conflict smaller then before and hopefully better written then the comic incarnation

• Thumbs Up 1

Civil war was plagued with different writers having different opinions on the situation, so some comics had Tony as the bad guy, others had Caps as the bad guy.

Here the idea is clear, there's no good or bad, both have good points, both are doing wrong things, there's no the good guys and the bad guys, there's the team who wants to help the registration, even fighting if needed, to prevent future casualties, and there's the team that's against the registration, which fights for the freedom of action in certain situations, to act in their own free will for what they believe instead of being nothing more than a goon for the government.

In the end, both sides are just fighting for their beliefs, and things get really ugly.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm honestly confused as to why people think the trailer pits Captain America as the bad guy. It didn't really come off to me that way as all. It came off to me as if both of them believed they were in the right and are pretty set in their ideal, but not painting either one as the "bad guy."

So this movie is actually a love story about Steve having to choose between Bucky and Tony as romantic interests. Interesting.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm honestly confused as to why people think the trailer pits Captain America as the bad guy. It didn't really come off to me that way as all. It came off to me as if both of them believed they were in the right and are pretty set in their ideal, but not painting either one as the "bad guy."

I can see why people would think that, Tony Stark is pretty much the face of the Cinematic Universe and almost universally loved by fans.

Then this trailer has Caps, which has many fans but also many detractors BECAUSE of his little feud with Stark, beating the everloving shit out of Tony with Bucky helping him, not only looking like they're fighting to kill, but with Tony barely able to fight back, and that's not taking into account that while he has that suit, he's still a human, while Caps and Bucky are super soldiers.

Not only that but by the trailer it looks like Caps is ok with killing Tony to save Bucky because he's the bigger friend so everyone else can go fuck themselves.

Aaaand it looks like Rhodey died, so not only seems like Tony lost a friend but he's almost being killed by another friend, heck, even worse if you remember in Tony's vision during AoU, what broke him the most was seeing Caps dying.

I think both sides are wrong honestly but it's easy to see why some would see Caps as the main villain after that last shot.

Tony (and his team) is probably going to be the antagonist, since this is Captain America 3 we're talking about. It's worth keeping in mind that "antagonist" doesn't automatically mean "evil". Both sides are probably going to cross some lines tho', and I wouldn't be surprised if Tony did something horrible enough to deserve that beatdown in the trailer.

So this movie is actually a love story about Steve having to choose between Bucky and Tony as romantic interests. Interesting.

In the end he's going to choose Sam, right?

I can see why people would think that, Tony Stark is pretty much the face of the Cinematic Universe and almost universally loved by fans.

Hidden Content

I highly doubt

Rhodey is actually dead. Severely wounded more likely, but I doubt he's dead. However, Tony's definitely pissed off about what happened to Rhodey.

In regards to the scene with Cap and Bucky beating up on Tony, we have no idea the context behind it. It does look like they're going too far in that instance, but we don't know what happened before that point, and likewise, I'm sure Tony did something just as bad before this. If anything, they're probably trying to weaken Tony enough so that he can't follow them as they try to make their escape.

Now, one thing I heard (in a video of IGN examining the footage) is that Bucky has realized that the reactor is what powers the suits. Bucky may have crossed the line a bit when he was trying to escape and tore out the reactor for Rhodey and tries to do it for Tony. All to try and shut down the suit so he couldn't be pursued, but that may have caused some serious damage to Rhodey in the process.

We're going to see EVERYONE crossing the line quite a bit here, so it'll be interesting to see how things play out.