Awoo.

Marvel Cinematic Multiverse | Official Thread For Movies and D+ Shows

Jacky

So, the poster to Ant-Man has finally been revealed.

It's... really, really atrocious. It looked like somebody haphazardly slapped this together in Photoshop in the span of an hour, pretty poor stuff. ._.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ant Man is gonna bomb so bad...

You think so?

I think this could possibly be a surprise hit similar to Guardians of the Galaxy(which I thought would bomb terribly).

• Thumbs Up 1

The only thing that legitamely makes me want to see this movie is the toy train scene. Other than that, so far it looks really meh. Not as meh as fantastic four, but still pretty bland.

Ant Man is gonna bomb so bad...

People said the same about Guardians of the Galaxy. Look how that turned out.

• Thumbs Up 4

At least the guardians trailers had good music that didn't come off as "generic epic triumphant hero" music. Ant man to me just doesn't feel as...important. Like even Guardians before release to me felt grander and like it would be more eventful and impactful on the marvel universe. On top of that, the actual trailers and news released about it hasn't filled me with any hype or interest.

• Thumbs Up 1

http://www.slashfilm.com/captain-america-civil-war-cast/

The cast for Civil War:

"Otherwise, we now have the official list of returning cast members from the Marvel universe. Obviously Chris Evans and Robert Downey Jr. are the key players, but we also have Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow, Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye, Anthony Mackie as Falcon, Don Cheadle as War Machine, Elizabeth Olsen as Scarlet Witch and Paul Bettany as The Vision. And let’s not forget Frank Grillo as Crossbones and Sebastian Stan as Bucky Barnes.

New faces on the block will be Chadwick Boseman as Black Panther, Daniel Bruhl as Baron Helmut Zemo and Martin Freeman in an unknown role. It’s also worth noting that the press release actually mentions Emily VanCamp’s character as Agent 13 and Sharon Carter, so that will be a key element in the film."

They also included Paul Rudd as Ant-Man, and William Hurt returns as General Ross from The Incredible Hulk 2008.

The synopsis:

“Captain America: Civil War picks up where Avengers: Age of Ultron left off, as Steve Rogers leads the new team of Avengers in their continued efforts to safeguard humanity. After another international incident involving the Avengers results in collateral damage, political pressure mounts to install a system of accountability and a governing body to determine when to enlist the services of the team. The new status quo fractures the Avengers while they try to protect the world from a new and nefarious villain."

• Thumbs Up 1

I would've liked it more if they just focused on Zemo vs the Captain and the search for Bucky instead of throwing the Civil War event into the movie but I have faith in that they are going to pull it off.

Wait, something flashed in my mind for a bit.

We have a story were heroes fight each other in 2 factions (mostly for political reasons, and with some Hydra forces here and there) and we have confirmation of "a new and nefarious villain".

I'm gonna get a bazooka for a shot in the dark and say that Martin Freeman will be Arcade (he actually looks the part) and the conflict will also be caused by one of his Murderworld games.

http://www.slashfilm.com/captain-america-civil-war-cast/

The cast for Civil War:

"Otherwise, we now have the official list of returning cast members from the Marvel universe. Obviously Chris Evans and Robert Downey Jr. are the key players, but we also have Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow, Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye, Anthony Mackie as Falcon, Don Cheadle as War Machine, Elizabeth Olsen as Scarlet Witch and Paul Bettany as The Vision. And let’s not forget Frank Grillo as Crossbones and Sebastian Stan as Bucky Barnes.

New faces on the block will be Chadwick Boseman as Black Panther, Daniel Bruhl as Baron Helmut Zemo and Martin Freeman in an unknown role. It’s also worth noting that the press release actually mentions Emily VanCamp’s character as Agent 13 and Sharon Carter, so that will be a key element in the film."

They also included Paul Rudd as Ant-Man, and William Hurt returns as General Ross from The Incredible Hulk 2008.

The synopsis:

“Captain America: Civil War picks up where Avengers: Age of Ultron left off, as Steve Rogers leads the new team of Avengers in their continued efforts to safeguard humanity. After another international incident involving the Avengers results in collateral damage, political pressure mounts to install a system of accountability and a governing body to determine when to enlist the services of the team. The new status quo fractures the Avengers while they try to protect the world from a new and nefarious villain."

• Thumbs Up 5

I just hope the movie avoids "too many cooks in the kitchen" syndrome/trying to cram too much in it's runtime, since it's got the largest cast we've seen so far I think. The first thing has a higher chance of happening cause of said larger cast, and the 2nd thing....well.....Avengers 2 already had that problem so if this movie is even bigger...

• Thumbs Up 5

I just hope the movie avoids "too many cooks in the kitchen" syndrome/trying to cram too much in it's runtime, since it's got the largest cast we've seen so far I think. The first thing has a higher chance of happening cause of said larger cast, and the 2nd thing....well.....Avengers 2 already had that problem so if this movie is even bigger...

Except, almost every character in the movie already had an origin, and have been developed, other than Spidey, Black Panther, and Baron Zemo, while the former 2 have their own movies coming for personal development, and the latter should be the focus of a Cap arc

Unlike say the Justice League movie where everyone is being introduced or heck, even suicide squad

You think so?

I think this could possibly be a surprise hit similar to Guardians of the Galaxy(which I thought would bomb terribly).

But the thing with Guardians, it got a hook and a style. Ant Man so far look like another generic, run of the mill super hero film. It would probably do decent enough in the box office, but it won't be one of Marvel's best.

• Thumbs Up 3

Dumb question probably, but I've caught up with Agents of Shield, and I've gotta ask now, how heavy of a impact will the show have on the upcoming Inhumans film. Despite being literally 4 years away, the creators are already hinting at connections and Skye's role. the events from the latest episode will probably start up some stuff as well later down the line.

Dumb question probably, but I've caught up with Agents of Shield, and I've gotta ask now, how heavy of a impact will the show have on the upcoming Inhumans film. Despite being literally 4 years away, the creators are already hinting at connections and Skye's role. the events from the latest episode will probably start up some stuff as well later down the line.

We do have an agents of shield thread by the way, just don't ask me to dig it up, it would take a while.

However, other than

bringing supers into the world(and likely other marvel shows, we now have a catchall to explain them)

Most likely very little, other than establishing such beings exist. Skye's family and the enclave are a splinter group, while the movie will deal with the royal family and Attillian, who are entirely seperate, and sometimes not even on earth. Now an established hero or group might find them, and it could be Skye, or someone else

I just saw the film, and I can somehow draw parallels between Ultron and Sigma.

• Incorporeal true form (Ultron on the WWW, the Sigma Virus)
  • each time defeated, comes back stronger (Ultron's multiple forms, Sigma being revived way too many times)
  • Social Darwinist (Ultron wanting to commit genocide in the name of peace, "Evolution requires sacrifice!")
  • rogue creations of noted scientists (Tony Stark & Bruce Banner, Dr. Cain)
  • Killed off by something that seems magical (the Cyberelves, Vision's input from Thor on his awakening)
  • Original form destoryed by a female (Darkelf, Scarlet Witch)

I just saw the film, and I can somehow draw parallels between Ultron and Sigma.

• Incorporeal true form (Ultron on the WWW, the Sigma Virus)
  • each time defeated, comes back stronger (Ultron's multiple forms, Sigma being revived way too many times)
  • Social Darwinist (Ultron wanting to commit genocide in the name of peace, "Evolution requires sacrifice!")
  • rogue creations of noted scientists (Tony Stark & Bruce Banner, Dr. Cain)
  • Killed off by something that seems magical (the Cyberelves, Vision's input from Thor on his awakening)
  • Original form destoryed by a female (Darkelf, Scarlet Witch)

He predates Sigma you know, by a lot, and all those elements for the most part showed up in the comics, though traditionally he was created by Hank Pym(Ant-man), using his own Brain patterns, and was originally a lab assistant 

Speaking of Civil War, look at who's crossing paths with Caps:

4yJDnwr.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Speaking of Civil War, look at who's crossing paths with Caps:

4yJDnwr.jpg

Whoa boy, we're getting the real crossbones!