Awoo.

Marvel Cinematic Multiverse | Official Thread For Movies and D+ Shows

Jacky

So I went to see Age Of Ultron tonight with friends and we absolutely loved it. I found it really interesting that...

....Vision was originally intended to be an embodiment of J.A.R.V.I.S, and also retained his voice and mannerisms even after the upload fell through. The relationship between Banner and Romanoff was really interesting too, and I hope they develop that more in the future.

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Not sure if I would call it the best but it's somewhere up there.

am about to watched during the morning time with a good friend of mine. I did enjoyed the first movie and a lot the Winter Soldier, hopefully to see a lot of worth action in.

I saw Age of Ultron last friday. It was really cool! Ultron is a great villain! :)

I saw it yesterday since my school had a special early screening for it and it was awesome. And as much as I liked Ultron, was I the only one reminded of the Disney version of Hades whenever he was making quips?

So I just saw Age Of Ultron. It was great....but I feel it would have been god tier and one of the best of the MCU if it wasn't so rushed. For reference, the original cut of the movie was 3 and a half hours, but what we got is 2 and a half. That's a whole hour worth of cut content. We probably didn't need it all, but I think the movie would have benefited from being 3 hours. The movie was wickedly fast paced, more so then any other Marvel thing so far, and I feel at times it was at the cost of clarity and the strength of the plot.

So basically, extended Blu-Ray cut when?

But either way, despite my disappointment in that regard, it was still really good. Ultron was much more comedic then I expected him to be, and the quips were back in full force and better then ever. Despite not being into the idea at first Hulk and Widow's relationship was very interesting. I have a few questions that I'll put in spoiler tags. 

So what was up with the water that Thor was able to continue his illusion/dream in? Was that something from one of the TV shows that I didn't see? 

Also, how did the little energy ball thing in the scepter turn into a infinity stone? Was there ever a reason given?

Basically, it was great, but I feel it could have been better. It needs a length boost really badly, and it really doesn't work as a standalone film (although that's not really a flaw). As opposed to beating Avengers 1 like I feel it could have, it's more or less on par with it. I am both satisfied and disappointed at the same time, to be honest. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Well it's been said the Blu Ray will have the extended cut plus an alternate ending to there's that.

I think the movie itself explains what the pool is, but it's been said most of the time cut was Thor's subplot, including a cameo from Loki, so most of it is lost in the deleted content, but no, none of the shows explain anything or even mention it. And the Infinity stone was either inside the scepter, or changed to turn into that sphere, like the Tesseract and the Aether both look nothing like the regular infinity stones, but they will have to for the Infinity Gauntlet, so it's all but said the Infinity stones can change from their natural forms, and it was already guessed that Loki's scepter had the Mind Gem, considering he could mess with peoples' heads and it being related to Thanos and all, plus the blue orb sharing the same special effects as the Tesseract.

• Thumbs Up 3

It's looking possible. I initially had doubts that the movie would have anywhere near the same kind of legs as the first but considering the current international box office openings so far are above ~40% of the markets the original Avengers opened in (and it's not even in several of the biggest ones internationally yet), the domestic legs probably won't matter that much even if it's looking to break the original record holder regardless. It's looking likely that it will hit $1 billion internationally which only Titanic, Avatar and Furious 7 have managed. The international movie going market has gone up tremendously in value over the years.

http://deadline.com/2015/05/avengers-age-of-ultron-thursday-box-office-1201419080/

As of now, surprisingly, this film is no longer expected to beat the original Avengers opening weekend. Right now it's looking like it'll open at around $190 million, which at least, makes it the second biggest opening weekend in the US of all time. Still a phenomenal number. Disney can't be disappointed about that.

Looks like the boxing match had an effect on the box office numbers.

Edit: Annoying to see people on other sites declare the movie as a failure for not passing Avengers 1's numbers. These numbers aren't a disappointment in any way. Not breaking an opening weekend isn't a decline or failure. =/

$187 million confirmed.

I saw the film last night. I will agree that it didn't reach its full potential, but I still enjoyed the heck out of the film, and I'll keep following the MCU as long as they can keep it entertaining.

I liked Ultron himself as a villain. He's not the best, but as far as MCU villains go, I feel he's one of the better ones.

Spoiler for the film for one complaint:

I actually wish he could have stuck around for future films.

I will say the lack of an end credits scene was disappointing, though. I was expecting a joke scene, at the very least.

• Thumbs Up 2

I saw this last night and left the theater pretty satisfied. It was definitely better in some areas compared to the first Avengers, but I also felt it was worse in a few minor areas as well. Like others have stated I think the film falters a bit where a few plot points aren't given a very clear explanation simply because a lot of scenes related to them were cut for time.

For example:

Why exactly does Ultron share characteristics with Stark? The film never gives any kind of real connection between the two upon Ultron's "birth", other than the fact that Stark was one of the first people Ultron looked up when he was successfully uploaded from Loki's staff. It almost felt like there was supposed to be a scene where Stark develops an AI based on his own personality to be used as a base for whatever was being uploaded from the mind gem, but that never happens.

• Thumbs Up 2

I saw the movie yesterday. My thoughts:

"He said a bad language word."

Also I swear Quicksilver is so good, like... Bruh. He's just as good as Days of Future Past movie Quicksilver.

The humor was also great. I was laughing quite a bit, I think even more than the first one. Like one part between Hawkeye and Quicksilver, that was one of the funniest parts.

Ultron having a sense of humor and almost being kind of casual was really great. I love villains like that.

Overall I give it a 26/Hot Wings*. (*9/10, it could've been longer)

https://soundcloud.com/empiremagazine/avengers-age-of-ultron-spoiler-podcast-joss-whedon-and-paul-bettany

Spoiler-filled interview with Joss Whedon and Paul Bettany.

Reveals that when it came to cutting footage, the choice was either between keeping the pool scene with Thor or the scene at Hawkeye's farm. You can probably guess which one they would preferably roll with.

It opened at $190 million. The Sunday results (which are usually foregone and tend to be subject to general calculation) were off and it performed above the calculations. It's the second best opening for a Marvel movie and generally still considered a fantastic opening. Even though it underperformed the first one, the international market is more than picking up the slack. I think $500 domestic might still be possible considering the weekend legs, albeit less likely, but chances are it's already looking to cross a billion worldwide, if not internationally (yet to open in China which is where a lot of results will come pouring in from).

• Thumbs Up 1

Possible promo art of Civil War leaked

5glTBG7.jpg

https://instagram.com/p/2QwuW5jpho/

Really loving how Cap and Iron Man look. Cap is pretty similar to Age Of Ultron but with more red highlights. Iron Man is very different though, most notably the new ARC Reactor and the small lights(?) spread across the armour.

(But who cares where's my Spoderman dammit)

• Thumbs Up 2

Holy shit, Tony is sporting the Bleeding Edge armor

Don't want to get my hopes up but,

• Thumbs Up 1

Closer look at Tony's Bleeding Edge armor in Civil War (codenamed Mark 46, allegedly)

11193179_630056353797447_717201699_n.jpg

Age of Ultron spoilers below

Come to think of it, Cho actually mentioned how Tony's "suit" technology is outdated and that he should look into doing suits using her synthetic tissue technology. Holy shiiiiit that's some foreshadowing I didn't expect if this is what we're ending up with.

• Thumbs Up 9

I'm trying to think the role he may have: he looks not grumpy/intimidating enough to be Dell Rusk, so i'm not counting that.

Maybe Jack Flag? He had an important role in the Civil War comic, so it would be a nice reference.

About AoU, I saw it during the weekend and I'm torn about what I think about it. On one hand, I like it, but I can't overlook some its flaws.

I didn't fund Ultron threatening or interesting at all. I felt Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver were almost paint on the wall with them having zero personalities.

On a sidenote, I honestly don't know how people say this version is better than the one in DoFP. Not saying that one is perfect but at least he had more personality and a memorable scene. AoU Quicksilver didn't have that at all.

Didn't like the relationship between Black Widow and the Hulk. But most importantly I didn't like the editing and the setting of future movies (which granted every Marvel movie has but I felt this was as bad a IM2/Amazing Spider-Man levels of bad) that took a lot from the movie.

Also, I'm honestly relieved Joss is leaving the MCU. Not because I think he is bad, but I think his style was a perfect fit for the first Avenger film but not so much for the rest he was in charge of. Plus, with some of the statements he has been saying about Marvel, it's better he leaves now since he sounds tired.

Overall I think it's at least a decent popcorn film, I just hope Civil War and the Infinity movies don't suffer the same problems.

So, Whedon revealed what the  alternate ending that will be in the Blu-ray is about:

http://comicbook.com/2015/05/05/joss-whedon-reveals-alternate-ending-for-avengers-age-of-ultron/

Quicksilver would get up after being shot, implying he was just screwing with the other Avengers about being dead(Probably even saying ''Didn't see that coming?'' I hope) and he'd be with Wanda during the ending where all the new Avengers show up

Which does make sense, as Aaron Taylor said they had an outift ready in case Quicksilver survived.

So, Whedon revealed what the  alternate ending that will be in the Blu-ray is about:

http://comicbook.com/2015/05/05/joss-whedon-reveals-alternate-ending-for-avengers-age-of-ultron/

Quicksilver would get up after being shot, implying he was just screwing with the other Avengers about being dead(Probably even saying ''Didn't see that coming?'' I hope) and he'd be with Wanda during the ending where all the new Avengers show up

Which does make sense, as Aaron Taylor said they had an outift ready in case Quicksilver survived.

I honestly thought that was going to happen when I was watching the movie. Though isn't he signed on for like 3 more movies? Somehow I think they are going to bring him back to life since I don't think they'll use him in flashbacks/visions. EDIT: Or actually, was that a ruse to hide the fact he was dying?

Edited by El Driver

Ok, NOW i'm pissed off. I can imagine Whedon sitting this through:

"Gee, what should i do? Use this funny scene and avoid a very stupid cliché i already avoided for Hawkeye or just kill off uncerimoniusly a character that was introduced in this very movie and was just starting getting character development? Let's decide with a coin: heere it goooes..."

Well, Whedon is known for killing off characters, so I'm not surprised with Quicksilver's fate. But I do hope he returns in Civil War or maybe shows up in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. somehow.

I haven't seen the movie yet but the thing y'all are talking about is something that was spoiled to me ages ago. When I heard there was an alternate ending, I knew it would be that one thing being different.

Personally I wish they had actually gone with that. One, because the Maximoff twins are cool and it's a shame that one of them won't be used to their full potential in future films (though a future movie will probably resurrect him, so this could be a moot point--but with that in mind, it's definitely going to feel kinda pointless, which is a whole other issue). Secondly, based on that description, it sounds like a 

humongous dick move...which normally wouldn't be a positive, except it's hilariously in-character for Pietro.

I haven't seen the movie yet but the thing y'all are talking about is something that was spoiled to me ages ago. When I heard there was an alternate ending, I knew it would be that one thing being different.

Personally I wish they had actually gone with that. One, because the Maximoff twins are cool and it's a shame that one of them won't be used to their full potential in future films (though a future movie will probably resurrect him, so this could be a moot point--but with that in mind, it's definitely going to feel kinda pointless, which is a whole other issue). Secondly, based on that description, it sounds like a 

humongous dick move...which normally wouldn't be a positive, except it's hilariously in-character for Pietro.

On the other hand, while I feel like Pietro faking everyone out would have been both funny and in character, I think his death was important as far as Wanda's own arc went and lead to some really cool moments for her, so I'm glad they decided not to fake us out there.

Either way, he's probably coming back anyways, but yeah.

• Thumbs Up 3

Well this is Marvel. Resurrection isn't that surprising lol. I hope he comes back, he was one of my favorite guys, and killing him off seriously sucked.

The only other thing that bothered me about AoU was how forced the romance between BW and Hulk felt. It just kinda came out of nowhere and going by Natasha's character in the last few films, romance and love never seemed to be something she personally was looking for.

Aside from those two things, great film! Can't wait to see the fallout from this event in later films. So much new information to explore in the next Thor and Capt. America film. Civil War hype!

Also the end has me hoping once again for a GotG crossover with Avengers at some point.

So, a bit more info on how Marvel almost fucked Age of Ultron:

First of all, they wanted Whedon to cut the Avengers visions by Wanda and the Hawkeye farm subplot to add time for Thor's magic pool of visions, you know, cuz we need a connection to Infinity Wars, and then when test audiences hated that they had him cut most of the subplot and keep the farm and Wanda's visions, so that's why Thor's subplot makes no fucking sense.

Also Whedon wanted Loki to be in Thor's vision instead of Heimdall, but Tom Hiddlestone's contract wouldn't allow it.

Aaand Whedon also wanted Captain Marvel and Spiderman to be in the final Avengers shot, but he felt copyrights and future Marvel plans would fuck that up, so he used Captain Marvel's live-action plates for Scarlet Witch, to show off her new design. He got a bit mad once he found out they had the rights to use Spiderman and they had a plan for a Captain Marvel movie, so he could have added them without any problems.

Also they wanted the Hulk to turn Grey when under the influence of Wanda.

• Thumbs Up 5