Awoo.

That Guy With The Glasses.Com

Stacy

Nostalgia Critic is teaming up with AVGN to review….MICHAEL BAY’S TMNT!  

Sounds awesome. I only hope it's as awesome as their Coming Out of Their Shells video review and not full of lame gags that go on for ever.

Sounds awesome. I only hope it's as awesome as their Coming Out of Their Shells video review and not full of lame gags that go on for ever.

I hope so too! Aside from his editorials, his reviews have really been lacking in quality due to the overuse of gags.

• Thumbs Up 1

I hope so too! Aside from his editorials, his reviews have really been lacking in quality due to the overuse of gags.

I've been saying that for three to two years now. :P

I might actually watch this one seeing as AVGN is involved who knows Doug might actually be funny instead of screaming and relying on weak gags.

Okay review. Didn't really laugh, but kind of admired the callbacks to the NES games and first three movies despite the cheesiness of it.

Didn't really how they tried to justify how Sacks being the Shredder wouldn't have been so bad by comparing it to April being a teenager in the current Nick cartoon. They're just two entirely situations. One was a bad choice on principle but was changed in a half-assed way when it was called out on as a bad choice while the other is a sensible/plausible choice as opposed to being a change for the sake of change. Kind of felt they missed the point of why that was a controversy and not just a case of fan-backlash. Heck, I'm not even sure either of them even watch the Nick cartoon to know for sure that April being a teenager isn't without it's problems as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay review. Didn't really laugh, but kind of admired the callbacks to the NES games and first three movies despite the cheesiness of it.

Didn't really how they tried to justify how Sacks being the Shredder wouldn't have been so bad by comparing it to April being a teenager in the current Nick cartoon. They're just two entirely situations. One was a bad choice on principle but was changed in a half-assed way when it was called out on as a bad choice while the other is a sensible/plausible choice as opposed to being a change for the sake of change. Kind of felt they missed the point of why that was a controversy and not just a case of fan-backlash. Heck, I'm not even sure either of them even watch the Nick cartoon to know for sure that April being a teenager isn't without it's problems as well.

April being a teenager is a reasonable change because it helps her further relate to the Turtles. There isn't some massive age difference between them like there was in the original show but April still fills out the role of helping the turtles get info from the world above.

I honestly can't say that the Critic and AVGN should even be able to talk about that change because Doug has pretty much confirmed he hasn't seen the show and I doubt AVGN has either. Doug stated in his TMNT review (The one where he actually reviews it as himself) that he hasn't seen anything Turtles related on TV since TMNT 1980 (Not counting Turtles Forever) and I don't think that has changed. In the Transformers 4 Crossover with Blockbuster Buster, it appears that both Doug and Erod were watching the Battle for New York episode of TMNT 2012 but we don't know if Doug actually sat down to try it out or if they just did it for a cheap gag.

That's what I don't like. Without having actually seen the show, it comes off as Doug and AVGN just complaining about how April's a teen and trying to compare it to some kind of half assed change in this movie despite not knowing how well done it is in the series (Even at that, they know that the old version of April was kinda shit, considering how they showed the April in their review kept getting hurt but still trying to get a news story)

I agree. Doesn't matter to me if April's a teen or young-adult, as long as she's a good character. Though I'm still not very keen that Nick decided to make her more than just a human, which is arguably more content-worthy than her being a teenager. Being half-Kraang, having random deus-ex machina powers, suddenly makes Shredder being an evil Utrom in the 2k3 series look less silly. But now I'm just rambling.

And let's also keep in mind that along with Sacks being originally Shredder, it was also stated by Bay prior that the Turtles would be aliens, which was referenced in the movie and Doug and James took note of it. These two things combined should speak volumes that nobody on this movie knew what the hell they were doing until they were called out for being dumb decisions by the public/media. But since development on this film was so incompetent, they changed things in a half-assed way and just made everything more confusing and incoherent plot-wise as a result.

• 1 month later...

The Nostalgia Critic hasn't been consistently funny in years now, and the last review of his I can remember laughing at is "The Christmas Tree" episode in 2013. Every other episode I've tried to watch since, I turn off in the middle because it's too unbearably, annoyingly unfunny.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Nostalgia Critic hasn't been consistently funny in years now, and the last review of his I can remember laughing at is "The Christmas Tree" episode in 2013. Every other episode I've tried to watch since, I turn off in the middle because it's too unbearably, annoyingly unfunny.

Then my sense of humor must be horrible because I enjoyed every episode I've seen.

• Thumbs Up 5

I actually had that on DVD (and I actually used to like it!).

The 3D glasses still litter my house.

Oh lord I still remember seeing that shit in theaters with my dad as a kid. I have to see this review.

I loved how he freaked out over that "brain-fart" scene. I can't believe I managed to forget how weird and freaky that was.

Then again, I forgot all lot about how stupid this movie was.

• 4 weeks later...

Nostalgia Critic reviews....Jurassic World? When it is still in theaters and not out yet on DVD/Blu-Ray? Well, he explains why in the beginning of the video. Long story short though it has to do with their Youtube channel League of Super Critics and video take downs due to copyright crap.

http://channelawesome.com/nostalgia-critic-jurassic-world/

I have to be brutally honest. That was his worst review to date. Doug's been spouting how much he loathed it in a few places and this is just a quick reaction vid to his dislike. I have a lot of respect for him, he normally has a great way of looking at things but this has just came off as immature. I know, he says at the end its up to us but yeesh, we heard you talk about how much you hated it in your Sibling Rivalry and Spoiler video. Disappointed in the need for this. Though I know Doug has no taste in JP films for saying JP3 is better than LW so why am I surprised?

It looks like nobody mentioned it here, so I'll put it up. Nostalgia Critic reviewed Jupiter Ascending.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd9g_jXOehE

I know reviews recent movies now, but I never thought he'd review movies THIS recent. Same goes for Jurassic World.

These are starting to feel like promotions or rants over what he used to stand for. The lack of actual old films now is getting a little meh for me.

I don't mind seeing the newer movies. Some of these movies are recent and are bad, and should be reviewed.

That said, I agree that the Jurassic World review was absolutely terrible. I don't care what he says, or if he tries to claim this as ''unbiased' The very fact he's parodying the movie scenes rather waiting until the DVD release, means they are biased from the very start. By making your own fake footage to parody the movie, and then try to claim it as ''what really happens in the movie'' makes it completely biased. It's your own footage made from your opinion and littered with your jokes. This means we can't view the footage for ourselves and see if what he says is a valid point or not.

Plus there's the fact that this isn't even a real review and more like the Nostalgia Critic Sketch Hour. You know, the sketches, the very things almost everyone hates in these fucking reviews, and this entire 20 minute video is just a bunch of unfunny bias sketches with the Critic rambling over them.

Plus there's just how immature this whole thing is. He's already done two separate videos about Jurassic World and his opinion on it. We didn't need a third, especially one that's so painfully idiotic and unfunny, plus the fact he's just doing this to stick it to the copyrights on the Jurassic Park reviews on Youtube.

This was nothing but unfunny and awful, and I hope he never does something as immature and idiotic again.

• Thumbs Up 1

Geez, is Doug really that sick of the praise Jurassic World is getting? It's alright if he doesn't like the movie, but at this point it just feels like he's because "STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE!" Or, at least that's the impression I'm starting to get from him.

I grew tired of Nostalgia Critic around a year ago, though my dissatisfaction stems all the way back to his 2013 revival. I much prefered the old style of reviewing movies that are at least 10 years old and lack of skits, but now I simply do not find him or his two co stars very funny in the slightest. His Christmas Tree review was great, because it felt so close to his old style without the annoying interruptions, but his new content sadly doesn't appeal to me anymore.

• Thumbs Up 1

I grew tired of Nostalgia Critic around a year ago, though my dissatisfaction stems all the way back to his 2013 revival. I much prefered the old style of reviewing movies that are at least 10 years old and lack of skits, but now I simply do not find him or his two co stars very funny in the slightest. His Christmas Tree review was great, because it felt so close to his old style without the annoying interruptions, but his new content sadly doesn't appeal to me anymore.

I won't lie when, I didn't think I'd like his review of Jurassic World when I first saw the link. But I was blown away by the format. I don't think I've enjoyed an installment of the show quite as much as I did with this week's episode. It won't ultimately stop me from seeing the movie in the near future, but I walked away from it with a big smile. It proved to me more than ever that Tamara and Malcolm are very talented actors. I just thought many of the featured reenactments, albeit skewered from bias, were incredibly hysterical. I've already seen this review twice already, and I'd like to watch it again some time soon. I thought the whole thing was an absolute riot. 

I don't mind seeing the newer movies. Some of these movies are recent and are bad, and should be reviewed.

I don't care what he says, or if he tries to claim this as ''unbiased' The very fact he's parodying the movie scenes rather waiting until the DVD release, means they are biased from the very start. By making your own fake footage to parody the movie, and then try to claim it as ''what really happens in the movie'' makes it completely biased. It's your own footage made from your opinion and littered with your jokes. This means we can't view the footage for ourselves and see if what he says is a valid point or not.

Jon3.0 in the Jurassic World review, didn't see that coming. Then again, Jon had a Jurassic World video which guest-starred the Critic so I should have saw that coming.