Awoo.

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Screens & Media Topic

Agent York

I prefer E2. Looks less shiny.

Also, the grass looks better in it :V SFR made the grass look really weird here:

800px-SonicFanRemix-EHZ1.png

And the Badniks are ugly.

ArtFenix: You're right there, and that was done on purpose.

Whatever. If it hurts my eyes then it doesn't really matter if it was done on purpose or not.

Sega's screenshot looks more empty but the colors are more pleasant to look at. If SFR had something like that, it'd look much better than S4E2.

I also think SFR background and foreground are a bit of a mess. Maybe it's due to the colors too..

And the Badniks are ugly.

Do you think so? For a fan game made by a single person, this looks awesome badniks included.

Edited by ArtFenix

Sonic Fan Remix

screenlg1.jpg

Sonic 4: Episode II

sfr011.jpg

Resemblance much?

Hey, I was the first one to notice this!

The grass in first zone reminds of Sonic Fan Remix's Emerald Hill. Pretty suspicious...

And no one payed attention back then.

It does, but not as much. Too acid colors for me. I don't really like the colors. S4Ep2 is much more pleasant to look at. SFR is more vivid, but at least S4Ep2 doesn't hurt my eyes.

На вкус и цвет фломастеры разные, мне SFR почему-то не режет глаза и я считаю, что он выглядит лучше S4:Ep2. %)

\\

I dunno, SFR doesn't hurt my eyes and I think it looks better than S4:Ep2.

Edited by Nik1895

Seeing these comparisons is just making me think of how amazing the sky looks in the Episode 2 picture. Really. I love it. Just like I love the skies in Generations Speed Highway and Crisis City. I prefer the episode 2 picture because I feel it's more subtle and whatnot.

Both games look great, but sadly Sonic Team and Dimps are companies and have more time limits to get shit done, you know. I'm not justifying it, but it's a sad truth.

My guess would be someone at SEGA saw SFR and had a crisis about how the fans were making better looking games than they were. Well, in reference to Episode 1 at least.

Of the two pictures, I prefer SEGA's effort. Badniks aside, there's just something... weird about SFR. Not sure what. Like, I dunno, the contrast is way too high or something. Weird. Strains my eyes, looking at it.

Episode 2 is similar in build, but looks better, I think. Simply because it lacks that... weirdness.

...Yeah.

So it's almost time to get a glimpse of Sonic 4: Episode 2, I don't know weather to be excited or to prepare my shitstorm umberella

I fully expect a full blown shitstorm if the animation and physics are entirely off again. Or there is like 5 seconds of footage. Otherwise, I hope to see positive reactions to drastic improvements. Hopefully a bit of music from the game that isn't Meowmix or generic epic trailer music they kept using for Episode 1.

Edited by Tiller
  • Thumbs Up 1

Without trying to knock on Episode 1 too much, or set up expectations for this game...is there any way they could conceivably make the physics here NOT an improvement? I mean, the biggest problem with Episode 1's physics wasn't even that they didn't match the classic games, it's that they were completely illogical.

Edited by Solly

Wait is it already almost time for the trailer? I thought it wouldn't be until sometime tomorrow....or close to it.

I'm excited enough. I doubt my reaction to the game will be as good as my reaction to Generations first gameplay trailer was,(I went insane with bliss) but for whatever happens, something tells me it won't be bad.

Also implying that it might not be great either.

So who's enough of a Sonic fantard to stay up through all of the wait for the trailer?

I'm not gonna stay up and wait for it. I'm hyped for Ep.2 and all, but it's not that big of news to me to stay up ala Brawl hype, but whatever.

For Americans, to clear it up since alot of people have asked in Skype:

9:00am PST

12.00pm EST

I wonder if the same thing will happen like Ep.1's reaction? Everyone will praise the new things, then someone comes in and nitpicks a tiny thing, and next thing ya know, everyone's at each other's throats.

On a side note, I also wonder if the trailer will be like an interview trailer, where Ken talks about the game and then they show off some gameplay, which would explain the scene thing he mentioned earlier. If not, oh well.

EDIT: He did says it was gonna be revealed by Gamespot, so this is most likely the case. I wonder what he has to say about Episode 2.

I have hopes for this, after the shit that was Sonic 4 Ep.1, Gens3D (even though it was bad) showed that they improved on physics. Now all we need to see is the level design, and I think we have a fun game here.

Just something I want to say here, Sega needs to stop trying to outdo Sonic 3 with Sonic 4. They're trying to make it better then the classics by throwing all the classic elements in there and calling it superior. They need to stop focusing on the past, and focus on this game right here by itself.

Note: Oh joy, BrainscratchComms will most likely put up a 2 hour reaction vid to the gameplay trailer. Huzzah...

Edited by Mike Dawson

So who's enough of a Sonic fantard to stay up through all of the wait for the trailer?

I've stayed up till 3am for episode 1. If they're really going to release the trailer between 9am-12pm eastern time then there's no point staying up. I'll look at it when I wake up tomorrow.

Edited by sonfan1984

Considering there's about twelve hours to go and it's just after midnight here, NOPE. I'm gonna sleep. I've got plenty of time. Luckily I have off tomorrow.

So it's almost time to get a glimpse of Sonic 4: Episode 2, I don't know weather to be excited or to prepare my shitstorm umberella

Both. By doing both you cover all of your bases that way. tongue.png

You know what?

Everyone should have faith in the great iizuka and without a doubt the episode 2 trailer will be up in an hour.

(If we go by what happened with ken last time)

you can hurt me later if there isn't and dance with me if there is

9 am PST, huh? That's what time Sega usually operates on, so we'll be waiting for about 10 hours from now. Try and be patient, I suppose!

It'd be funny if we only get 3 seconds of gameplay footage again.

Edited by Shade Vortex

You guys are likely going to be waiting hours for what is going to be a good minute or two of "THIS YEAR" "GET READY FOR" "THE NEXT EPISODE" "IN" "THE EPIC SAGA" "OF SONIC 4" "CREATED BY DIMPS" "WITH NEW PHYSICS" "NEW GRAPHICS" "NEW LEVELS" "here it is". Followed by 5 seconds of Sonic running and then curling off of a ramp, then the logo.

Hopefully not though! It'd be nice to get a decent trailer with actual music from the game and a decent chunk of gameplay, but really I don't expect more than 30 seconds at the absolute most.

• Thumbs Up 2

For us folks in the UK, the trailer should be out by 5:00pm today smile.png

Don't get too exited you guys...remember what happened with the Ep. 2 Reveal Trailer?

Edited by KrazyBean14

Don't get too exited you guys...remember what happened with the Ep. 2 Reveal Trailer?

Aw come on~ surely Sega wouldn't be silly enough to skip out on showing the new physics. They wouldn't be that dumb to pull that again right?

Right?? ;w;

I'm just anxious to see the game in motion and see how smoothly it runs

Pretty much this for me as well. I don't care if it is 10 sec flashing gameplay or 30 sec normal gameplay. I just want to see the game in motion with the graphics and physics. =)