Awoo.

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Screens & Media Topic

Agent York

Lol DIMPS, thanks for the bullshit. No matter how good the mechanics are, as generations 3ds has proven, DIMPS cant do it without their shitty level design. DIMPS can't do it without their crappy way of designing levels. Springs everywhere, speedboosters everywhere, homing attack relying gameplay everywhere.

Have fun guys ;)

Edited by Djawed
  • Thumbs Up 2

Homming attack.......sigh

The game sucks...sigh...

Edited by Deadpool (Is Cool)

The music reminds me a bit of All-Star Racing's menu music, so doubt it's from the game itself, much like how most of the episode 1 trailers didn't use the actual music.

Really hard to judge how much of an improvement it is from all the fast editing, but it at least looks a lot nicer.

*Sigh* As awesome as it looks, it really just looks like Episode 1 again, speed boosters and springs out the ass, and if they truly had fixed the physics, those wouldn't even be there. I'm not disappointed, but nowhere near as excited as I was before.

• Thumbs Up 1

Heck, even if the gameplay is not as improved as we thought it to be, heck, I'll just buy it for the awesome graphics and CO -OP!

As for level design and physics.....well...they did a good job covering it up as much as they can.....so can't really tell at this point.

Anyway, still looks a lot better, and a lot more fun, then EP 1.

Edited by Chaos Warp

Really not feeling it.

They fixed the uncurling, sure, and it looks like they've throw in a few neat looking gimmicks, but that's...about it. Too many springs and boosters, enemies that take multiple hits, the team-up move takes too long, and I see nothing to convince me the physics are any better. No reason to get excited yet...

• Thumbs Up 5

Background interaction? Already better than E1. I'm still seeing the blatantly obvious E1 physics though. come on Dimps what happened to the physics engine improvements? And the amount of springs? Uncurling's fixed at least.

My sig video is there for any one that was severely disappointed.

Edited by Prince Solaris

Lol DIMPS, thanks for the bullshit. No matter how good the mechanics are, as generations 3ds has proven, DIMPS cant do it without their shitty level design. DIMPS can't do it without their crappy way of designing levels. Springs everywhere, speedboosters everywhere, homing attack relying gameplay everywhere.

Have fun guys wink.png

Not really sure why people jump on Dimps as if SEGA has absolutely no control over what they end up making. Seriously, SEGA and Dimps are making the game together.You can't shift blame onto just one of them.

And hell, even if it's not perfect I'm sure going to have fun with it.

• Thumbs Up 3

Also Spring 2012? Why so fucking early? Wouldn't it be better wait?

Thats assuming they've only been developing the thing for a few months, when if you speak to people in the know it's actually been in development for quite a while.

Also Spring 2012? Why so fucking early? Wouldn't it be better wait?

Episode 1 came out over a year ago. That's kind of not the point of episodic gaming, and I don't really see why they should delay it if they don't have to. Edited by Solly

So.

-They have the resources to make the graphics look great .

-They realized that the physics were off and fixed a few issues like rolling.

-They made sure the level tropes were interesting enough and diverse enough to be counted as new.

Then why the fuck does Sonic still not accelerate when going down a fucking hill? I mean, seriously? SERIOUSLY?

Edited by Tiller

That bit with Tails carrying Sonic in front of the falling pillars really reminds me of something from Donkey Kong Country Returns.

• Thumbs Up 1

So.

-They have the resources to make the graphics look great .

-They realized that the physics were off and fixed a few issues.

-They made sure the level tropes were interesting enough and diverse enough to be counted as new.

-Then why the fuck does Sonic still not accelerate when going down a fucking hill? I mean, seriously? SERIOUSLY?

Oh so we are getting the 3DS physics this time around.

Sonic4.png

Homing attacking a platform? weird...

and It looks like a redesign of Sonic 3's badnik Mantis made it in.

• Thumbs Up 1

Alright, trying to dissect the trailer, can't see Tails using the homing attack once, even when Sonic's spamming it against Snowy, so maybe Tails doesn't have a HA.