Awoo.

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Screens & Media Topic

Agent York

tz9UX.jpg

Could the Hummingbird Badnik be a remodeled Flybot767?

Sonic3%26K_Badnik_Flybot767.PNG

Edited by STrainer
  • Thumbs Up 1

Could the Hummingbird Badnik be a remodeled Flybot767?

It's avian version of this:

It looks like it attacks the same way that this little bugger did in Chaotix/CD (by stabbing you with its 'beak'):

Mosqui.png

Guys. Eggman's not constructing the Death Egg around Little Planet.

Look at the Sonic CD intro. Eggman is TAKING OVER Little Planet.

Guys. Eggman's not constructing the Death Egg around Little Planet.

Look at the Sonic CD intro. Eggman is TAKING OVER Little Planet.

... by converting it into a Death Egg of sorts.

Or maybe Sonic and Tails are on the Little Planet, or some other planet, and in actuality Dr. Eggman is taking over the Earth.

• Thumbs Up 2

Right now, I'm going to assume that this game slightly alters the ending of E1, much like S3K altered the ending of S3. Instead of Sonic escaping the exploding E.G.G. Station and then running through Splash Hill before the credits, it seems as though Tails will catch him on the Tornado falling from space (ala S2) and then they'll land in Sylvania Castle.

• Thumbs Up 5

Uh guy's, we've got us some problems here

image.jpg

Interstitial.jpg

Fucking hell look at those texture problems!

In-production screenshots, with issues that will most likely be fixed?

Oh, and

Yeah that's kind of ridiculous nitpicking for details that will pass by the screen in a couple of seconds. Pretty much every modern game has little clashes and hiccups like that when you look at everything in detail.

THIS.

Edited by Chaos Warp
  • Thumbs Up 4

You know we have a hummingbird Badnik, right?

Straw-spr.png

Straw.

Wow you know your badniks! I don't remember a lot about the Advance games, so I'd forgotten about the little guy. Still, whether birds or insects, they're basically the same badnik with a new design.

Uh guy's, we've got us some problems here

image.jpg

Interstitial.jpg

Fucking hell look at those texture problems!

Those things really don't matter. Especially if they're looking for a consistant 60fps across all platforms. Most people won't be standing still in a Sonic game, inspecting all the textures. Though I do agree it looks quite cheap at times. I hope they fix that.

Yeah that's kind of ridiculous nitpicking for details that will pass by the screen in a couple of seconds. Pretty much every modern game has little clashes and hiccups like that when you look at everything in detail.

• Thumbs Up 2

Guys I was joking. Those were just some shots I came across in another forum and posted here for laughs.

• Thumbs Up 4

Guys I was joking. Those were just some shots I came across in another forum and posted here for laughs.

Needed more sarcasm capitals.

• Thumbs Up 3

Or maybe Sonic and Tails are on the Little Planet, or some other planet, and in actuality Dr. Eggman is taking over the Earth.

That would be awesome

• Thumbs Up 1

My guess is that Episode 3 will take place on the Death Egg/Little Planet. That way SEGA could revamp the Time Stones and the UFO special stages.They could then bring back the time travel gimmick. No doubt Knuckles will show up.

That would be awesome

I love your signature, Palmtree Panic (present) Act 1. Great level, great game.

I dont care if this game is either freaking good or freaking horrible because that Co-Op online play is going to Kick-Ass!!

Its about time we got a sonic game with GOOD online play. HOPEFULLY!!

I dont care if this game is either freaking good or freaking horrible because that Co-Op online play is going to Kick-Ass!!

Its about time we got a sonic game with GOOD online play. HOPEFULLY!!

• Thumbs Up 2

Ken said some stuff recently today.

Hello everyone! I'm back! smile.png

Actully I beat Revelations and WAS playing Halo! smile.png

No seriously - I've been working a ton so thats whyI havent been on. I'm on my way to LA next week to meet with Microsoft (and try and get Halo 4 details) and talk about Sonic 4 as well as a few other projects we have (Virtua Fighter 5, among others)

That said - I hope everyone is super happy with the screens and yu will all be happy with the new trailer on the 23rd on GameSpot. Also - for some people doubting - the second scene in the trailer will show everyone SONIC NO LONGER UNCURLS WHEN ROLLING UP RAMPS! (yes that was purposly shown!)

There is definely a story, and once you see Ep 2 - the Ep I story comes together. Also - pick up the Archie Comics tie-in; that will help a lot. smile.png

• Thumbs Up 9

My primary concern at the moment is the level design; Dimps proved with JENURASHUNS that they can get everything else right, so clarification isn't really necessary. I'm more interested in a full level playthrough (I don't really care what level it is) than anything else.

My primary concern at the moment is the level design; Dimps proved with JENURASHUNS that they can get everything else right, so clarification isn't really necessary. I'm more interested in a full level playthrough (I don't really care what level it is) than anything else.

Water Palace Classic and Tropical Resort Classic were pretty spot on. I feel like Generations level design was a roller coaster because the game was rushed. (In fact, Iizuka said the 3DS version was rushed.)

Speaking of the above quote, it came from here.

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?398286-So-was-Ken-Balough-fired-or-something&p=7130165&viewfull=1#post7130165

Credit the people that said Ken was dead which brought him to post. :P