Awoo.

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Screens & Media Topic

Agent York

OH MY GOD! He's going to get some Halo 4 details next week. Fuck yeah!

oh and Sonic 4's no uncurling is cool too.

• Thumbs Up 3

the second scene in the trailer will show everyone SONIC NO LONGER UNCURLS WHEN ROLLING UP RAMPS! (yes that was purposly shown!)

The trailer has more than one scene...More than 4 seconds of gameplay confirmed!

Water Palace Classic and Tropical Resort Classic were pretty spot on.

Tropical Resort Classic is ripped from Act 1 of Tropical Resort DS. A Classic Sonic game should never be designed like a Sonic Rush level so that's not a very good example

Edited by Spooky Mulder
  • Thumbs Up 1

I hope that the updated physics engine isn't merely just "Sonic uncurls off ramps", and that they made some substantial changes to how controlling Sonic works. He shouldn't be slow as a brick and overly reliant on the homing attack to get around, you should be able to move him about with ease without losing inertia.

Tropical Resort Classic is ripped from Act 1 of Tropical Resort DS. A Classic Sonic game should never be designed like a Sonic Rush level so that's not a very good example

• Thumbs Up 3

Rolling worked fine in Episode I... if you held forward. They need to make it work fine 100%. The main things that Dimps need to fix are Sonic losing inertia in the air, his sluggishness, and the rolling. If those things are fixed then I will be pretty happy with the physics engine.

The trailer has more than one scene...More than 4 seconds of gameplay confirmed!

Nah, it's just going to be 4 short 1-second clips spread apart by horribly shitty transition scenes while a generic "epic" track plays in the background.

I kid, I'm looking forward to see what they've improved. The screenshots look nice besides a few minor graphical problems that you probably won't notice when actually playing the game.

I don't really want to make any predictions about the trailer, my hopes are not high that it will really be anything special or show anything of value, but at least it's gameplay footage. We likely won't get anything that says too much about the gameplay until E3, honestly.

Nah, it's just going to be 4 short 1-second clips spread apart by horribly shitty transition scenes while a generic "epic" track plays in the background.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm in Australia...How many hours roughly do we have to go before its 10am in the UK (assuming thats where the trailer is coming from)

I'm in Australia...How many hours roughly do we have to go before its 10am in the UK (assuming thats where the trailer is coming from)

It won't come until about 1:00-5:00AM in Australia, it would probably be better to go to sleep and check back tomorrow.

Wait, what have I been missing? Is a new trailer coming or something?

Yes. On Gamespot's "On the Spot". They seem to have a deal with SEGA for S4 stuff. Afterall, they debuted the Needlemouse trailer and a few others.

Edited by HYDROCITEE

Yes. On Gamespot's "On the Spot". They seem to have a deal with SEGA for S4 stuff. Afterall, they debuted the Needlemouse trailer and a few others.

So is it being revealed tomorrow or today? (LolI'vemissedalot.)

So is it being revealed tomorrow or today? (LolI'vemissedalot.)

Actually, scratch what I said about On The Spot. It might be during it, but it doesn't specifically say on the blog. But yeah, tomorrow. 9am PST (same time CA Friday stuff goes up).

I thought we were banned from comparing S4 and SFR like this. unsure.png

lol, the grass is undeniably similar, but SFR still looks much better.

Sonic Fan Remix

screenlg1.jpg

Sonic 4: Episode II

sfr011.jpg

Resemblance much?

No. Only the grass. Everything else is either different or missing entirely on one of the pictures. Also, wrong pics order xD.

but SFR still looks much better.
It does, but not as much. Too acid colors for me. I don't really like the colors. S4Ep2 is much more pleasant to look at. SFR is more vivid, but at least S4Ep2 doesn't hurt my eyes. Edited by ArtFenix

I thought we were banned from comparing S4 and SFR like this. unsure.png

Ah damn... Well, I had only just noticed the resemblance, and thanks to my not venturing in here that much had no idea about any ban.

I shall cease to compare them.

ArtFenix: You're right there, and that was done on purpose.