Awoo.

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Screens & Media Topic

Agent York

Seeing as this will follow Ep1 which takes place after Sonic CD, its possible that Eggman wanted to not only capture Little Planet again, but recontruct the Death Egg (and use Metal Sonic again to keep pesky Sonic away) This is a conceivable story that they could actually insert following Sonic 3&K but still before SA1.

And I'll add one more thing: imagine that after you beat Metal Sonic at the end of the game, Eggman puts him in the capsule making the game connected to Sonic adventure!!! Now THAT would be amazing!

All in all, I find it incredibly funny that they are making such a fuss over these badniks art pieces but they said absolutely NOTHING about the screens. That makes me confident that it was yet another leak from them xD.

And I'll add one more thing: imagine that after you beat Metal Sonic at the end of the game, Eggman puts him in the capsule making the game connected to Sonic adventure!!! Now THAT would be amazing!

All in all, I find it incredibly funny that they are making such a fuss over these badniks art pieces but they said absolutely NOTHING about the screens. That makes me confident that it was yet another leak from them xD.

Actually that is a REALLY great idea! I'd forgive them for the crapfest that was Episode 1 if they did that! Can you imagine, Eggman goes into a little hissy fit, say or implies something like he'll never use Metal Sonic robots again and puts him away in the tube next to a Silver Sonic robot, oh the continuity!! :D

Sort of sucks that episode 2 is meant to build on episode 1, giving the game a total of 8 zones, but the way things are looking episode 1 and 2 will be so far removed from one another that it's like we're rebooting the whole thing. Not that I'd want them to go about episode 2 any other way, I think this is a great way to fix the problems of episode 1. But it would have been nice to have one or two more zones in the game.

They should just go about it as if it's an entirely new game I think.

If they really have fixed the physics and we actually do have a "new" game then I wouldn't want it to buid upon the already failed ground of Episode 1.

Edited by The-Master-Board

It would be awesome if, when the complete Sonic 4 gets a retail release, they'd give Episode 1 the same graphic style as the rest.

• Thumbs Up 3

Actually that is a REALLY great idea! I'd forgive them for the crapfest that was Episode 1 if they did that! Can you imagine, Eggman goes into a little hissy fit, say or implies something like he'll never use Metal Sonic robots again and puts him away in the tube next to a Silver Sonic robot, oh the continuity!! biggrin.png

Yeah.. We can only dream... If only Sonicteam cared enough to make this happen...

It would be awesome if, when the complete Sonic 4 gets a retail release, they'd give Episode 1 the same graphic style as the rest.

Unfortunately that alone won't make it a much better game. They'd have to remake the levels as well then. Too many bubbles homing attack chains. No physics or graphic engines are going to change that.

But judging from the screens, this shit may be in Ep 2 also... I hope they either get rid of them or just make as few of them as possible.

Edited by ArtFenix

I wonder what music they'll use for the Metal Sonic boss fight. The obvious choice would be to use the standard boss theme, but Stardust Speedway Bad Future JP has practically become synonymous with Metal Sonic at this point that I would only be half-surprised if a remix of it was used for the fight. The fight looking like a race-styled battle just like its predecessor reinforces that a tad.

Edited by Professor Westwood V

I wonder what music they'll use for the Metal Sonic boss fight. The obvious choice would be to use the standard boss theme, but Stardust Speedway Bad Future JP has practically become synonymous with Metal Sonic at this point that I would only be half-surprised if a remix of it was used for the fight. The fight looking like a race-styled battle just like its predecessor reinforces that a tad.

^ Not to mention they're paying homage to it by setting it in another amusement park. It even has the ferris wheel in the background. Kinda doubt we'll get a Stardust Speedway remix, and I'd be glad if I was right cause Generations came out only a few months ago. If the game's music is as crazy, funky and jazzy as CD JPN though... :D

^ Not to mention they're paying homage to it by setting it in another amusement park. It even has the ferris wheel in the background.

Didn't even think about that, but that's due to me thinking Stardust Speedway is just a futuristic city with a ferris wheel precariously placed there.

Kinda doubt we'll get a Stardust Speedway remix, and I'd be glad if I was right cause Generations came out only a few months ago. If the game's music is as crazy, funky and jazzy as CD JPN though... biggrin.png

If it means hearing something reminiscent of Palmtree Panic, Quartz Quadrant, and Metallic Madness Good Futures, I'm all for it. Makes you wonder how an ice theme made in CD fashion would sound like.

In the 11 screenshots I noticed that the 'homing attack' is not shown. I wonder have they removed the homing attack form Episode 2? Not that Sonic needs this move with his two tailed flying buddy at his side. A good substitute would be the 'super peel-out'

The fight with Metal Sonic needs to be several battles before Metal Sonic is defeated, not just one fight or one race. He is an epic villian after all. How about Metal Sonic appearing at the end of Acts 1 and 2 of each zone. Like a mid zone boss in S3&K.That will keep Sonic and Tails on their toes.

On average: Sonic 1 had 19 acts (six proper zones). Sonic 2 had 20 acts (eight proper zones). S3&K had 25 acts (11 proper zones). when I say proper I mean zones with more than 1 act. Sonic 4 Ep1 has 13 acts and 4 zones. That game needed at at least six zones. Only having 4 zones in Ep2 would work if the levels were significantly larger.

Edited by MilesKnightwing

Has it? We've fought Metal Sonic many times over the course of the series, but Stardust Speedway has only been used for two of those occasions. I'd be really surprised if we didn't get a new theme here.

(Personally I like to think of Howard Drossin's "Metal Sonic" from the Virtual Sonic music album as being Metal Sonic's "one-off" theme but I'm just a sucker for vocal songs).

Edited by JezMM

How is the Super Peel Out in any way a substitute for the Homing Attack?

The Super Peel Out gives you a short burst of speed so you can launch your self quite far off an edge.

The Homing Attack just feels too lazy to me. Kind of lessons the difficulty.

In the 11 screenshots I noticed that the 'homing attack' is not shown. I wonder have they removed the homing attack form Episode 2? Not that Sonic needs this move with his two tailed flying buddy at his side. A good substitute would be the 'super peel-out'

One screenshot shows a chain of Bubbles. Why would they be there if not for the homing attack? Another shot shows Sonic jumping near both a Chop Chop and spring, but there's no reticule. Either they removed the reticule, Sonic is too close to the ground to attack (seems very unlikely though) or the move has been removed altogether. It's difficult to call at the moment, but I'd be really surprised (and pleased) if the HA wasn't there.

• Thumbs Up 3

I think it depends on familiarity. D= With the exception of Sonic 3 & Knuckles, I find all Classic Sonic stages as pretty unmemorable, repetitive obstacle courses. On Sonic 1 and 2 especially, I still tend to never have any idea how far I am through a stage until right near the end.

Hell yes!

These screens look awesome.

I am gonna miss the cell shaded look of the first episode though...

but damn this looks awesome, I wonder what eggman is up to exactly.

Hell yes!

These screens look awesome.

I am gonna miss the cell shaded look of the first episode though...

but damn this looks awesome, I wonder what eggman is up to exactly.

• Thumbs Up 6

s4ep25.jpg

The area behind the trees and to the left of the roller coaster track...is that area on fire? It looks like it's a redder hue then the stuff on the right.

That could only make the zone cooler. A Christmas/winter-themed amusement park under siege by a fire. That's be interesting to play in.

I don't even mean in terms of level structure though, even from a visual perspective. D: I mean, you can see a Sonic Zone and say "Oh, that's such and such a zone". Anyone who can identify a 2D Mario stage just from looking at it (without looking at 'WORLD X-X', obviously) probably needs help. D:

s4ep25.jpg

The area behind the trees and to the left of the roller coaster track...is that area on fire? It looks like it's a redder hue then the stuff on the right.

That could only make the zone cooler. A Christmas/winter-themed amusement park under siege by a fire. That's be interesting to play in.