Awoo.

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Screens & Media Topic

Agent York

Where are those screenshots? I wanna see it!

Go on the sega fourms I posted them there (topic:well it happened)

I don't get why we're not allowed? People did it for Generations..

That was an officially released demo. This was a leak on Valve's behalf, and we'll treat it as such until it's confirmed otherwise.

You can still talk about it, and it's not that hard to find said assets once they're dropped (YouTube...). This is really a formality at this point, but we're still following it. Hope you guys understand.

^ No, he just doesn't want a repeat of what happened at Sonic Retro when Epi. I was leaked. It got so bad, that discussion of Sonic 4 was actually banned over there for a while.

Edited by ModernHentaiQuillFan

That was an officially released demo. This was a leak on Valve's behalf, and we'll treat it as such until it's confirmed otherwise.

You can still talk about it, and it's not that hard to find said assets once they're dropped (YouTube...). This is really a formality at this point, but we're still following it. Hope you guys understand.

Ah, OK then. So we can still say when something comes up and just not link to it, right?

I don't get why we're not allowed? People did it for Generations..

I imagine it is because the beta leaked was only intended for QAs, and the pre-order link should not have gone up for a while. By doing it this way, pre-purchasing = "buying" the beta. Yes, Steam's bad entirely, but as it's essentially embargoed data that's likely the reason for the requested silence from SEGA. I received a similar request not to distribute game info in the reply I got from SEGA after reporting the leak, not that I'd played through the game or ripped any of the data anyway. They want to minimise damage as much as possible - Not that it'll work too well with this being out in the wild on the PC of all formats. I'd be wary of distributing ripped music regardless though.

• Thumbs Up 1

^ No, he just doesn't want a repeat of what happened at Sonic Retro when Epi. I was leaked. It got so bad, that discussion of Sonic 4 was actually banned over there for a while.

Yeah but isn't the reviews going to be mostly positive now? (maybe apart from the music)

Ah, OK then. So we can still say when something comes up and just not link to it, right?

That's just about right.

Yeah... We're not gonna bother censoring discussion or anything because that's kind of impossible. But just please keep spoilers to a minimum so that people don't wander into the status updates and find out something they'd rather not know right now.

EDIT: This includes gameplay videos. Do not post these either. Repeated offenses will be punished.

• Thumbs Up 4

So Sonic 4 was leaked again (referring to the Ep. I leak, I mean). Christ, SEGA, when are you going to get a little competency with these things?

Edited by Dissident

Just finished the single player without Chaos Emeralds. Some info dump and thoughts for you (overall opinion, FANTASTIC game, though won't convince any ep 1 haters I think , more of the same but refined).

There will be spoilers about everything up to the endgame ahead:

Music spoilers:

Eggman Boss music is the pinch music from episode 1 remixed. There's no pinch themes. Metal Sonic boss music is an original track.

Sylvania Castle Act 2 has a little section of Aquatic Ruin mixed in.

White Park Act 2 has a little section of Twinkle Park: Twinkle Castle mixed in.

A Stardust Speedway remix is used for a Metal Sonic battle.

Credits is a medley, natch. Uses the same intro/outro as episode 1.

Act content spoilers:

Zone 4:

Is indeed Sky Fortress Zone. Act 1 is a Sky Chase homage, in which Metal Sonic hounds you with a ship of his own. The achievement referring to defeating him here is optional. You just have to survive the flight to finish the act, but you can attack him back. I didn't beat him. There's also a segment where the Tornado cannot continue and you have to take to the air by... foot? Features a few intense clever homing attack timing puzzles.

Act 2 and 3 is Wing Fortress-esque, but much bigger in scale. Think Mad Gear but with more bottomless pit threats. Act 3 is at sunset and features Death Egg-esque zoomy flight things.

The boss sees you up against the ship from Act 1 again, and plays Sky Chase style.

Zone 5:

"Death Egg Mk II" Act 1 pits you against Metal Sonic, first time as a mini-boss and second time as a Sonic CD-esque race. There are mini sections of gravity mindscrew platforming inbetween.

There are no further Acts, after that is the final boss which is... somewhat beyond description. It's cool though, and not your run-of-the-mill Eggman mech.

• Thumbs Up 3

Sounds... nice. Not memorable, but nice to listen to whilst you play.

Kinda curious why there was no giant ring at the end there though.

To clarify, I was talking about Sylvania Castle, not your spoilers, Jez. Though they too sound nice. Very nice indeed.

Edited by ProfessorZolo

Just finished the single player without Chaos Emeralds. Some info dump and thoughts for you (overall opinion, FANTASTIC game, though won't convince any ep 1 haters I think , more of the same but refined).

There will be spoilers about everything up to the endgame ahead:

Music spoilers:

Eggman Boss music is the pinch music from episode 1 remixed. There's no pinch themes. Metal Sonic boss music is an original track.

Sylvania Castle Act 2 has a little section of Aquatic Ruin mixed in.

White Park Act 2 has a little section of Twinkle Park: Twinkle Castle mixed in.

A Stardust Speedway remix is used for a Metal Sonic battle.

Credits is a medley, natch. Uses the same intro/outro as episode 1.

Act content spoilers:

Zone 4:

Is indeed Sky Fortress Zone. Act 1 is a Sky Chase homage, in which Metal Sonic hounds you with a ship of his own. The achievement referring to defeating him here is optional. You just have to survive the flight to finish the act, but you can attack him back. I didn't beat him. There's also a segment where the Tornado cannot continue and you have to take to the air by... foot? Features a few intense clever homing attack timing puzzles.

Act 2 and 3 is Wing Fortress-esque, but much bigger in scale. Think Mad Gear but with more bottomless pit threats. Act 3 is at sunset and features Death Egg-esque zoomy flight things.

The boss sees you up against the ship from Act 1 again, and plays Sky Chase style.

Zone 5:

"Death Egg Mk II" Act 1 pits you against Metal Sonic, first time as a mini-boss and second time as a Sonic CD-esque race. There are mini sections of gravity mindscrew platforming inbetween.

There are no further Acts, after that is the final boss which is... somewhat beyond description. It's cool though, and not your run-of-the-mill Eggman mech.

...now I'm most definitely looking forward to the music here.

I actually like Sylvania Castle Act 1's music. Doesn't seem to be a 30 second loop.

Episode Metal's cutscene music is cool.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, as for the original music, there are a few dud/forgettable tracks (unfortunately the final boss theme is one of them IMO, but it isn't utter shit like ep 1's was) but a lot of it is really good.

White Park Act 2 in particular I FAST see becoming a fan-favourite.

For anyone who has played the game, what of the red rings? What do they contribute to?

For anyone who has played the game, what of the red rings? What do they contribute to?

No tutorial message appeared to explain em or anything, I'll head back in and check the Help and Options.

EDIT: Here's all it says in the manual:

There is just one hidden on each act. Other than that it doesn't mention anything other than try to find them all etc blah blah blah.

Edited by JezMM

No tutorial message appeared to explain em or anything, I'll head back in and check the Help and Options.

EDIT: Here's all it says in the manual:

There is just one hidden on each act. Other than that it doesn't mention anything other than try to find them all etc blah blah blah.

Thank you very much.

I hope it seems as fun as it is being hyped up to be. Then again, I couldn't beat the Egg Station in S4E1 so I guess I don't have a right to deem it unfun.

Wow, SC 2 music is great. It's so different than Act 1.

It is in fact quite brilliant. Really suits the theme of the stage. If the game was in fact 16 or 32-bit it would have worked rather well.

• Thumbs Up 1