Awoo.

Sonic and SEGA All-Stars Racing Sequel in the works!

Lobotomy

I mean they did record all new quotes for the Mario and Sonic games. So why not this?

Because this is Sumo Digital, son.

SEGA made Mario and Sonic-- and for what it's worth, basically the entirety of the Mario cast has reused lines in those games.

Considering most of us i assume are feeling the same, No.

Speak for yourself. Episode 2 is my most anticipated game, and I didn't even really like Episode 1 that much. This thread's not exactly bustling either. I like ASR1 and it was probably, objectively, a better game than Episode 1, but let's not assume stuff.

That said, I AM looking forward to finding out more about this.

BJ doesn't work for SEGA anymore because of a legal dispute. He's not coming back.

Well that's good to know. Edited by Solly

Because this is Sumo Digital, son.

SEGA made Mario and Sonic-- and for what it's worth, basically the entirety of the Mario cast has reused lines in those games.

Speak for yourself. Episode 2 is my most anticipated game, and I didn't even really like Episode 1 that much. This thread's not exactly bustling either. I like ASR1 and it was probably, objectively, a better game than Episode 1, but let's not assume stuff.

That said, I AM looking forward to finding out more about this.

Well that's good to know.

Yes i know there are differences I'm just sayin it wouldn't exactly hurt or anything to try doing the same thing as they did in M&S. As for S4E2 the fact that sega is using their same market strategy really hasn't got me that exited about that much. I'm looking it up abd i'm curious about it will offer but as of now ASR2 seems to get me hooked due to the fun i had with it. Sorry if i generalized.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yes i know there are differences I'm just sayin it wouldn't exactly hurt or anything to try doing the same thing as they did in M&S. As for S4E2 the fact that sega is using their same market strategy really hasn't got me that exited about that much. I'm looking it up abd i'm curious about it will offer but as of now ASR2 seems to get me hooked due to the fun i had with it. Sorry if i generalized.

Nah, it's cool.

Anyway, am I the only one here who wants to see Welkin Gunther in a miniature-Edelweiss tank?

tank.jpg

Valkyria Chronicles feels like one of SEGA's more important recent series that needs representation. But as I write this, I realize it'd probably be PS3 exclusive. D:

• Thumbs Up 5

LOVED ASR iOS, like Mario Kart but without the Blue Shell. Tremendous fun on local multiplayer.

Looking forward to the successor!

Edited by Scar

I wonder if the Wii version will be skipped this time with a Wii U version replacing it instead. The Wii U is coming out before holiday season so I'm sure they could get the game on there.

My predictions

Consoles

Wii U

PS3

PC

3DS

Vita

A chance of a Wii version happening is slightly higher if it is the same exact game as the 3DS version.

Yeah urm.... for the best part of 3 hours I've been checking twitter and searching for photos of these figures....

I've not been able to find anything other than that one I posted earlier. However... I'm also not finding any mention of the figures either, Even if there was no photography of the stuff allowed, they would still be getting reported by some of these toy websites I'm visiting, even twitter updates are coming up with no results.

The only place I can find thats so much as mentioned them is Kotaku,

This is the twitter page for SSMB member chaoscontrol14, he's there at NYTF and said that he's not seen any sign of new jazwares stuff yet. So unless Underground Toys are making these, which is really odd considering Jazwares already have most of the infrastructure to re-make the old versions on mass ready, has anyone heard any other source reporting these toys which didn't get the tip from Kotaku?

Edit: Right... aparently, Day 1 of the toy fair has literally just ended... so we may get something in the next few hours... . ... I hope.

Edited by Hogfather

@Hogfaher: it's possible they're showing the old SASASR stuff, and mentioned that new stuff would come down the road with the sequel. I've spotted a lot of already in-stores Sonic stuff on display at the recent toy fairs.

---

It's a shame Nintendo and Sony didn't want to have some fun. The inclusion of Banjo, and no other exclusives in the other versions, led to MS and Banjo-Kazooie to get a lot of undeserved shit. I would have loved to see Mario on the Wii box and Jax or Sackboy on the PS3 cover. Would have made for a lot of publicity for SEGA and perhaps some increased sales.

Edited by Barry the Nomad

Coming in now with my one ridiculous fangirl request that is very unlikely to happen.

It's either Chaotix or...not no deal, just a very belated purchase of the game.

I doubt you'll see any Sony characters in this at all... not since Little Big Planet is getting a kart game spinoff and modnation on the PSP. Doubt they'll want to undermine their own product.

• Thumbs Up 1

AAUK said in our podcast that he wanted to have SEGA consoles as trophies, and one of the trophies titled "Dreamcast 2" would be forever locked. No race could unlock it. lol

SEGA didn't go with his idea.

• Thumbs Up 4

Seeing as Segata's already been predictably mentioned, instead I'll have to point out my wish for a playable Bayonetta driving a hair car. Come on, you can't say that's not awesome.

Still disappointed that we didn't get an All Stars Fighting game first, but I guess beggars can't be choosers.

AAUK said in our podcast that he wanted to have SEGA consoles as trophies, and one of the trophies titled "Dreamcast 2" would be forever locked. No race could unlock it. lol

SEGA didn't go with his idea.

Probably because the inclusion of something like that would cause lots of nerd rage!tongue.png

Seeing as Segata's already been predictably mentioned, instead I'll have to point out my wish for a playable Bayonetta driving a hair car. Come on, you can't say that's not awesome.

Still disappointed that we didn't get an All Stars Fighting game first, but I guess beggars can't be choosers.

With a track to go with bayonetta.

Edited by The Amazing Spiderman

I doubt you'll see any Sony characters in this at all... not since Little Big Planet is getting a kart game spinoff and modnation on the PSP. Doubt they'll want to undermine their own product.

Exactly. It was the same case for Sony and Nintendo characters in the original.

tf2012jazwares-10_1329090265.jpg

We still sure about Jazwares making ASR Figures? Only it doesn't look like it from this photo. However thats a new logo on the giant classic Sonic box.

Edit: ...that is not a Metal Sonic plush you can see, that would be Jazwares' 10inch Metal Sonic. Please don't fall for that youtube vid thats doing the rounds.

Edit 2: Oh hell... on second thoughts it might be... YAY!

Edited by Hogfather
  • Thumbs Up 2

Oh snap this is awesome news. I always wanted to see a sequel made because there were many shortcomings in the first and a lot they could improve on.

We still sure about Jazwares making ASR Figures? Only it doesn't look like it from this photo. However thats a new logo on the giant classic Sonic box.

Off topic, but HELL YES to the Alarm clock based on the Megazord cockpit controls. Buying the hell out of that!

Realistically, all I want from this game is Silver, Metal Sonic, and Ristar. I am expecting Classic Sonic though, and would love to have levels that didn't make it to Generations. Kingdom Valley, Hydro City, Ice Cap, Arid Sands, Dragon Road, etc

Hopefully we'll get

Streets of rage characters,

Ristar,

Nights,

Segata Sanshiro.

It is a painful sacrifice, but I think we must remove Big in order to get more characters.

*Stay strong....Stay strong*

Yes! FUCK HOVERBOARDS. This game was awesome.

I've been waiting for this announcement because it was only the best spin-off for the series ever. GO SUMO. YES.

I want...

Ristar.

NiGHTS.

Vectorman.

Ecco the Dolphin.

Werehog.

Chaotix.

Any of the following Sonic Zones:

Scrap Brain.

Mystic Cave.

Oil Ocean.

Hydrocity Zone.

Machine Labyrinth.

Final Rush.

Night Palace.

SCRAP BRAIN.

ok then

Blaze the Cat

Chaotix (In a side car and a Jeep *_*)

NiGHTS

Ristar

Astal

Bayonetta

Gilius

ToeJam & Earl

Joe Musashi

The 3 sharing the same vehicle...I'd love that :P

Also, I agree in the Segat Sanshiro part...

What calls my attention that no one is asking for an Ice Cap track after all the Ice Cap in Generations discussion

Oh, and if you lose a race, "Game over Yeaaaah!" should sound

• Thumbs Up 1

Is it bad that I am more hyped for this than Sonic 4 ep. 2?

Your not the only one. Look at the popularity of Mario Kart / and other cartoony racing games (I guess mod nation racers falls into this to) Many love racing games, and the first Sega racing was a simple, Mario kart style where nothing was broken, items were fair, online gameplay (sadly not many go on these days) If the next one is better? Im all for it totally.

Guest characters? Well, as far as WiiU/3DS is concern. As much as I would like Mario in there...

Smash_Bros_Brawl_Captain_Falcon.jpg

I would like this guy more. HYEASH!.

Why are you such a genius?