Awoo.

The Ace Attorney Topic (DS, 3DS, iOS) - News in OP

Agent York

I don't feel that's particularly fair. Phoenix, Maya and Pearl had 3 games together already. Why should the current cast be thrown out after a single game just in favour of the classic trilogy? If you cast AA4 aside as it's own thing, that makes only one game. I want to see more of these characters and see what they can bring to the table. I don't want them replaced so soon. Give them a fair chance.

I don't feel that's particularly fair. Phoenix, Maya and Pearl had 3 games together already. Why should the current cast be thrown out after a single game just in favour of the classic trilogy? If you cast AA4 aside as it's own thing, that makes only one game. I want to see more of these characters and see what they can bring to the table. I don't want them replaced so soon. Give them a fair chance.

I like Phoenix and Maya best as well, but if their storylines have been more or less wrapped up, I'd rather see them given a rest for a while and the focus shift to other characters in the meantime instead.  Though that's kind of what's happened anyway.  I haven't played all that many games in the series yet (though I hope to eventually cover all the English-language releases), but I really like the fact that AA4 and AA5 noticeably advanced the chronology; the actual passing of time makes it feel like the character development is relevant and there isn't simply a safe status quo to constantly return to.

I bloody hope not, since that's one of my favourite aspects of both Apollo and Trucy.

Cutting off the sibling ties would be a lame cop-out. I hope Capcom don't retcon anything in AA6.

Well they've yet to retcon anything really, so I have faith that the Ace Attorney team, Takumi 's or Yamazaki's aren't going to pull anything as dumb as that.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Now as for ways to develop Nick more potentially, there is that ONE social someone we meet in Trials and Tribulations (no spoilers for the sake of not spoiling greenhorns) with a likely eventual return pending.

They haven't retconned it, but they've certainly straight up ignored it.

Like with the jury system (which based on Great Ace Attorney, could very well make a triumphant return in some cases of the main series) not bringing it up didn't remove it from the universe. Although I do kind of how that Yamazaki doesn't squander the potential of course.

I didn't say that :v I just said they ignored it. Which they have.

Well to be fair, I didn't really get the sense that they ignored it so much as the story never really had a moment that called for it all too dearly, but I digress. I shall agree with your concern of them ignoring it too much, especially come Ace Attorney 6.

Still crossing my fingers for an appearance from Maya, just to show how she's changed oh and Gumshoe too.

Hey they could do like what Layton Brothers: Mystery Room did and they could make it where after all those years, some how Gumshoe managed to rise the ranks. XD Imagine if the next time we saw Gumshoe he managed to get the position Gant had (Been a while since I played Rise from the Ashes so I forgot what position he had)It also makes me curious if he managed to get with Maggey eventually.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hmm, it's been long enough, and considering his development chime by the end of Ace Attorney Investigations 2, it certainly wouldn't surprise me if Gumshoe at least is Chief of Police, mirroring Edgeworth's rise, the next time we see him. At the very last of course.

Speaking of the crowd system, in the Great Ace Attorney, are they using the same system where there's an audience who watches the trial? The reason I ask is they make it a big point that that system was a recent thing on the original trilogy, so having this set into in old times and keeping that trial system would be a bit of a plothole.

Well actually the thing about the jury being a recent thing in the country was more so the localization version actually. In the original JapaNese version, it was actually more so a mirrored satire on Japanese court at the time.

And as for the system gameplay wise, it's a new jury type of system for trials that take place in England.

Oh speaking oh the multiple witnesses, did Capcom get past the slow down problem? That was one of the problems I had with PL vs PW, I'm looking at you Vigilante witnesses!

I have the Japanese version of that book. It's pretty good. Lots of character concepts that were considered for some of the cast. I may have to get it again so I can actually read what's being said. lol

I'll admit that seeing Capcom do this at the time being does kind of give off to me, the notion of them doing this to reassure us of localizing even the Great Ace Attorney.......I really hope.

I hope it comes to America, it would suck if Capcom kept it in Japan. If that were to happen English readers would have to wait for a fan translation... or learn Japanese.

I can begrudgingly see why despite the audience over in the West, Capcom might see fit not to give us a physical release. But come on, it can't be that expensive to just translate and make it available via the eshop! Is it?

Yeah, I'm pretty the eshop is capable of selling digital copies of games.

Oh, don't worry about the artbook Apollo. That's already confirmed for a physical release over here !

Courtesy of Capcom TV, we've got a new expansive look into the game ala this new trailer. Gives us more of a sight at the trials system and Joint Reasoning!

AH, speaking of Joint Reasoning, here's an extended demo of just that!