Awoo.

The Ace Attorney Topic (DS, 3DS, iOS) - News in OP

Agent York

Can I just say that the awfully hammy, cheesy and cliché animated cutscenes were one of the worst parts of DD? I sincerely hope these ones are better.

Professor Layton vs definitely improved on the animated cutscenes (or did them better, I forget which came first) , however, I prefer DD's voices and acting in general.

• Thumbs Up 1

Is anyone interested in Ace Attorney merchandise? I asked GE Animation on their Facebook page about a potential license. They said if you were loud enough and made your voices known, they would consider making AA merch. I'm sure exactly how to go about this, so I guess just post on their Facebook page? Or comment on their questions thread. Either way if you've seen their Sonic stuff I would love to get stuff like that for Ace Attorney. There isn't enough out there, mostly everything is Japan exclusive.

Their page is here for anyone interested

I could go for some. I don't actually have any AA merch as things tend to be either not to my taste or too expensive for what they are considering imports and whatnot. If their Sonic line is anything to go by, GE would do some pretty good stuff. 

There is this coming from F4F, which is certainly something to look forward to if you're into statues.

642bm1.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Professor Layton vs definitely improved on the animated cutscenes (or did them better, I forget which came first) , however, I prefer DD's voices and acting in general.

PL vs PW came first and then it was Dual Destinies.

There's more info to be shown here!

AT the 2;20 we get to see a demonstration of the closing argument gameplay mechanic.

This is clearly Jova shamelessly plugging his channe.

More like another case of technology being a dick to Jova again.  But yeah,  that should be fixed now. 

Dunno why that link got onto the paste,  since I want even on that url,  But side I can't quite check  that IGN vid on this mobile at the moment on 4g, here's the video I originally tried to show via the "get url" option.

Just to be safe. 

Summary:

After a short introduction on the game’s story and characters, we get to see some gameplay footage, and it highlights the two biggest features, starting with the “Joint Reasoning” section, where Ryunosuke and Sherlock will work together to solve mysteries.

As a detective, Sherlock Holmes’ perception is on a whole other level of a genius, but due to his super keen sense of observation, there may be times where even the great detective might miss some of the things that are just in front of his face.

In order to help Holmes out, you’ll get to observe people and objects from different angles, to pinpoint the truth or any key points.

Next, at the 2:20 mark, the video showcases the “Closing Argument” feature that will play a major role in the courtroom battles of The Great Ace Attorney. This occurs when it looks like the jurors toss their torches into the black side for a guilty verdict.

When that happens, Ryunosuke will find himself in a pinch, as even some of the uncertain jurors may also side with the first one to go with a guilty verdict; however, all isn’t lost yet, as you’ll have one last chance to point out a contradiction in a Closing Argument to completely change the tide of the trial, and keep it going on.

www.siliconera.com/2015/05/11/the-great-ace-attorney-demonstrates-its-two-main-features/

Enjoy! 

All considering how Layton was conceived as the love child of Ace Attorney and Sherlock Holmes in the first place,  not to mention similarities to the crossover,  that comes as no surprise! 

We got some music for The Great Ace Attorney, specifically Holmes' theme.

It's a theme from the first trailer, the good detective has a great theme!

This now has subs (in the captions) so feel free to read up!

This game looks like it's trying to do what AA4 and AA5 tried to do but either failed miserably or fell short of doing, except it looks like it's actually succeeding here.  I really love the modifications they've made to the player viewpoint during investigations and the jurist system looks pretty cool here.  Why does it (as of yet) have to be Japan only, though?  Gawd. X_X

I do love all the cues this is taking from PL vs AA. With each new information from this game they are showing has only gotten me much more interested in it. I can still remember how baffled I was when this was first announced, but it's really shaping up to be something great.

This game looks like it's trying to do what AA4 and AA5 tried to do but either failed miserably or fell short of doing, except it looks like it's actually succeeding here.  I really love the modifications they've made to the player viewpoint during investigations and the jurist system looks pretty cool here.  Why does it (as of yet) have to be Japan only, though?  Gawd. X_X

I'm hoping that the long wait is because Capcom wants to announce it at E3, but I'm totally confused as to why it's taking so long as Dual Destinies had a very short wait time for a localization announcement.

Has anyone played the iOS versions of the original trilogy? Debating if I should get the 3DS version or iOS version.

I played the games on Wii. The iOS version and 3DS version, IIRC, have really weird redone sprites and are missing frames of animation. 

Unless you're a purist, I don't think the 3DS trilogy is different enough to deter you.  Examining them side by side, the only difference that immediately struck me was that one was a lot clearer and less pixelated looking than the other.  But that's just me.  I think it's worth getting it on the 3DS; no idea about the iOS versions though.

The ios version's text had to be retyped and there ended up being a couple of new typos and some of them are pretty bad, from what I've seen online. It's also missing the higher quality version of the soundtracks that the DS/3DS/Wii versions have in favor of the GBA music.

The 3ds version on the other hand has a worse screen crop compared to the DS version. The missing frames in animation, which is also present in the ios version, and higher-res does seem to give it a different feel to it that's a little jarring compared to the hand made sprites, but is not as bad because of the 3ds's resolution. The problems are mostly negligible compared to the ios version so if you're sprucing up for one of them i'd say go with the 3ds version.

6NXaO5u.png

TdlKxmO.png

Like Tara said, the differences only become an issue if you're a purist. You hardly miss out with the iOS version because the game is the same in every way that counts, and it really benefits from being on your phone. You can just pull it out for 5 or 10 mins, quick save and come back to it later. I played the iPhone version first and would continue to play all of the games on it if possible.

EDIT: Autocorrect insists that your name is Tarantula, Tara.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

tumblr_noytaaRDrD1rikc2ro1_540.jpg

The Great Ace Attorney's boxart!

That's a refreshing one after years of 4 characters in a box ones.

Though it kinda reminds of PLvPWAA boxart.

Y'know, come to think of it, the fact that a majority of this game takes place in an English speaking country, would provided insult to injury tremendously of this doesn't get v localized, aside from the fact of how this game looks with every news update.

Also, is that Damon Gant's ancestor up top there I see?

• 3 weeks later...

The Great Ace Attorney’s Rival Prosecutor Was Made To Be A “Death God”

By Sato . June 12, 2015 . 12:01pm

image: http://www.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/20150612_031808_thumb.png

20150612_031808_thumb.png

Ace Attorney creator Shu Takumi previously discussed how they created The Great Ace Attorney protagonist Ryunosuke Naruhodo and the heroine Susato Mikotoba. The latest video shows us more on the game’s rival character, Baroque Vanzieks.

As The Great Ace Attorney’s director, Takumi explains that Baroque is the main prosecutor that will go head-to-head against Ryunosuke in the game. He’s known as the “Death God” of The Old Bailey, the Central Criminal Court of England.

Baroque is known as the Death God because nobody stands after facing him in a trial. He’s also been given a dark image, as Takumi explains that at the time, the Western judicial system was at the top of the world, and London shined the brightest; however, where there’s light, there’s always darkness, and that’s where you find Baroque Vanzieks.

Takumi says that we’ve seen all kinds of different prosecutors thus far, and Baroque is one they created while coming up with his background first, so it sounds like there will be a lot more to him than meets the eye.

image: http://www.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/20150612_033636_thumb.png

20150612_033636_thumb.png

As far as his designs go, the idea was to give him a dark vibe, and to give him the vibe you’d get from a “death god”. He also has some dynamic and fierce animations to go with his undefeated record streak, which is sure to be intimidating for Ryunosuke.

The Great Ace Attorney will release in Japan on July 9, 2015 for Nintendo 3DS.

Read more stories about Nintendo 3DS & The Great Ace Attorney on Siliconera.

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/12/the-great-ace-attorneys-rival-prosecutor-was-made-to-be-a-death-god/#8ksVlm8WgWS6F2LJ.99

More insight on the Great Ace Attoreny; lately there have been insight videos about the characters, how they came to be and whatnot.

Oh yeah, by the way, the game recently finished its development period:

Capcom is done with The Great Ace Attorney’s development
Posted under 3DS, News
June 9, 2015 by Brian (@NE_Brian)
the-great-ace-attorney-boxart-656x583.jp

Capcom’s Shu Takumi has been tweeting up a storm as of late. Takumi recently shared a status update on The Great Ace Attorney’s development, among other things.

One of the most notable pieces of information Takumi shared is that The Great Attorney’s development is complete. In Japan, the game launches on July 9.

Other tidbits Takumi shared:

– Takumi still finds the role of director difficult
– This is because while it’s “his” game, the members of his team are doing most of the work
– It’s hard to ask other people to correct their work to fit his own vision
– Luckily he has a great team and they can all look back at the project with smiles on their faces (despite the “battles” on the dev floor)
– 15 years ago, the Ace Attorney team started out with 7 people, but now it’s around 60

Last but not least, The Great Ace Attorney will be featured on Capcom TV again on June 17. It’s a possibility that Famitsu will have an article during the same week as well.

Source

http://nintendoeverything.com/capcom-is-done-with-the-great-ace-attorneys-development/

I need help in Justice for All. I'm up to the part in Big Top Turnabout where you have to break Max's psychelocks. But I don't know if the game has glitched or what. I went to Moe's went through all dialogue with him, and presented Max's profile. He tells me to go to the cafeteria. I got there and find the broken bottle that Max hits Ben with. But now when I go to the Detention Center to break the psychelocks on Max, he isn't there. 

Phoenix says he's in questioning and he'll be back soon but I've done every other thing you can do for this. I've gotten the payment that says Max got a raise earlier, I've spoken to all possible characters, and nothing I do progresses the game. It's really beginning to piss me off because I already hate Big Top Turnabout so this stupid bullshit isn't making it any easier to go through.