Awoo.

Concept Art Fridays

BlazingTales

> Everything in E1 was rehased.

> That was one of the loudest complaints.

> They show off parts of E2, including another rehash.

> People mad.

Seems fair enough to me.

Personally I think people are overreacting and I dont feel like there is much of a need for us to be worried about the game being a complete "rehash". When E1 whas revealed, they said that it would be the prologue that get gamers back into the 2D mindset and refamiliarise everyone with old-school sonic gameplay, they never said they werent going to use some old elements or ideas. E2 comes around and they literally said multiple times that it wont be a "rehash" of s1/s2, s3,scd, s1/scd; It will be the beginning of the story of s4.

I dont know about you guys but I trust them...as long as the physics are on point I feel there is no need to worry.

EDIT: Alot of people are saying sega should just show the game...Looking at it from a business point of view thats not the smartest thing to do.

Edited by E.J. The DJ

What enemy is being rehashed? The closest I see is Spikes. And he looks different enough to consider him a new Badnik. And we haven't even seen a location yet.. :-|

Don't act like you actually think Sonic 4: Episode II is going to be a completely original adventure. The badnik is new, but the Wheel of Misfortune isn't. We still haven't seen zones yet, but meh.

What enemy is being rehashed? The closest I see is Spikes. And he looks different enough to consider him a new Badnik.

Maybe it's just me but I think this badniks' function and behavior [and that "attack its weak point for MASSIVE DAMAGE] will be similar to this one.

http://info.sonicretro.org/Yadrin

Spikes_in_SYZ.png

Looks like the spikes will appear and hide just like Bubbles' spikes.

Edited by ArtFenix

I'm not complaining about the game itself (How can I? We barely know anything), but I will say that I don't like how they're treating this similarly to Episode I. A comment from the Sega Blogs sums it up nicely:

"It’s Episode 1 all over again. Look, we already know what we can expect from Sonic 4. There is no point in this super slow reveal of bits and pieces of artwork etc. You’re having this huge build-up to what is in the end only a really short, downloadable game. Get a grip."

Especially when the super slow reveal is for stuff that is quite frankly immaterial. Even ignoring the elephant in the room regarding what people are actually worried about regarding Sonic 4 and what Sega made it a point to promise; who gives a shit, really, what one badnik from one zone looks like in the concept art (not even in-game assets) when there isn't even any context for it? Who gives a shit what a piece of the environment looks like when we don't even know what the environment is?

And I can't believe Sega didn't get that message when they pulled this the first time.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 9

Herman the Hermit Crab badnik has the power to melt the heart of even the bitterest of Sonic 4 haters.

"Wheel from Marble Garden?!! ARGH!!! But that widdle cwab.... awwwwww!"

• Thumbs Up 8

EDIT: Alot of people are saying sega should just show the game...Looking at it from a business point of view thats not the smartest thing to do.

Uh... Why not?

It really does feel like the episode 1 hype all over except now we know what to expect. I can't believe it's been two years since they've last done this and now they're doing it all over again.

It really does feel like the episode 1 hype all over except now we know what to expect. I can't believe it's been two years since they've last done this and now they're doing it all over again.

Rehash of a Rehash of a Rehash?

Maybe it's just me but I think this badniks' function and behavior [and that "attack its weak point for MASSIVE DAMAGE] will be similar to this one.

http://info.sonicretro.org/Yadrin

Spikes_in_SYZ.png

Looks like the spikes will appear and hide just like Bubbles' spikes.

Yadorin.png

6727102173_10c7119768_m.jpg

Well, it may fire something from it's claws.

Or go into its shell and spin.

That's Spikes tongue.png

Yeah, that's^^.

Well, it may fire something from it's claws.

Or go into its shell and spin.

Well, let's hope they'll come up with something original.

Hey guys, you know what? I know a badnik you all would love to see rehashed happy.png.

Sonic3%26K_Badnik_Penguinator.PNGOBEY

Admit it. =happy.png=

Edited by ArtFenix
  • Thumbs Up 9

Rehash of a Rehash of a Rehash?

I dunno if it's going to be another rehash or not. I'm still waiting for them to finally release gameplay footage.

Yeah, that's^^.

Hey guys, you know what? I know a badnik you all would love to see rehashed happy.png.

Sonic3%26K_Badnik_Penguinator.PNG

Admit it. =happy.png=

Hell yes, Mr. Pedophile the Penguin.

I dunno if it's going to be another rehash or not. I'm still waiting for them to finally release gameplay footage.

I'm talking about you saying they did the exact same thing for Episode I. So I was saying Episode I is a rehash of the first Sonic, and Episode II is doing a rehash of the weekly concept art thing and Episode II is a rehash of Sonic 2. So a rehash, of a rehash, of a rehash.

Edited by WhiteandNerdy-Hedgehog

From a business point of view, they need to prove that S4E2 is worth buying. Doing stuff that they promised they wouldn't do and not showing that they are doing stuff they promised they would doesn't present a very strong case for that.

• Thumbs Up 2

The SEGA Forums are handling this much better than we are XD

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?394309-here-we-go!-)-new-oficial-concept-art

I was quite patient with this the first time, but this time I've got to agree with everyone here because the circumstances are different.

• Thumbs Up 2

Let me expand upon my quote.

"Ugh, goddamn it. This game shouldn't have been a fucking episodic downloadable title. >_> It should have been treated like an actual sequel to Sonic 3, with much more love and effort being put into it. Oh, and the physics shouldn't suck shit."

That's better. tongue.png

• Thumbs Up 1

While it's nice to see a new Badnik (about fucking time) I really wish they didn't take the episode 1 route again.

• Thumbs Up 3

*edit*

I worded the sentance below wrong, I meant "frusteration level"

I wasnt really "pissed"

Just irritated, greatly.

I am trying really hard not to curse right now because my pissed off meter is off the scale.

People are being SO ILLOGICAL about sonic 4 episode 2.

Who the crap cares if they revisit some badniks.

That DOESNT mean the whole fucking game is gonna be a rehash.

Thats almost as bad as saying...

"OH MY GOD THERE ARE RINGS IN SONIC 4 EPISODE 2! IT MUST BE A REHASH"

With the exception of sonic 1, ALL OF THE CLASSICS have revisited elements from each other.

They must all be rehashes.

Oh and let me state this point one more time.

Episode 1 was a essentially a PROLOGUE and shouldnt be taken that seriously.

People continue to act like its the whole game.

Its not even part of the main story arch.

Also, not even episode 1 was a COMPLETE re-hash.

I honestly still feel like the only reason people say Lost Labyrinth is rehashed is because of its name, because it has the word "Labyrinth" in it.

It wasnt even that similar to the original labyrinth zone.

I feel like if you consider lost labyrinth a rehash then you should also consider

Hill top zone a re-hash of green hill.

Edited by TheDanimator

I am trying really hard not to curse right now because my pissed off meter is off the scale.

People are being SO ILLOGICAL about sonic 4 episode 2.

Who the crap cares if they revisit some badniks.

That DOESNT mean the whole fucking game is gonna be a rehash.

Thats almost as bad as saying...

"OH MY GOD THERE ARE RINGS IN SONIC 4 EPISODE 2! IT MUST BE A REHASH"

With the exception of sonic 1, ALL OF THE CLASSICS have revisited elements from each other.

They must all be rehashes.

Oh and let me state this point one more time.

Episode 1 was a essentially a PROLOGUE and shouldnt be taken that seriously.

People continue to act like its the whole game.

Its not even part of the main story arch.

Also, not even episode 1 was a COMPLETE re-hash.

I honestly still feel like the only reason people say Lost Labyrinth is rehashed is because of its name, because it has the word "Labyrinth" in it.

It wasnt even that similar to the original labyrinth zone.

I feel like if you consider lost labyrinth a rehash then you should also consider

Hill top zone a re-hash of green hill.

You know what's more illogical than people expressing criticism? Huge grandstanding posts whining about criticism existing.

• Thumbs Up 8

You know what's more illogical than people expressing criticism? Huge grandstanding posts whining about criticism existing.

I am not "whining" about criticism existing. I am "whining" because that existing criticism is totally illogical.

Way to actually respond to what I was talking about.

I did let myself get too angry though.

My apologies.

By the way, by your logic I could say that you are "whining" about criticism existing for criticism.

Edited by TheDanimator

I didn't bother responding to what you are actually talking about because the Scarecrow from Wizard of Oz had less straw in him than the arguments you were saying . I'm pretty sure no on here has said "rehashing badniks means 100% that all of E2 will be a rehash," despite what you are saying has been going on. I'm pretty sure the farthest people have gone is saying "them showing nothing but rehash shit again doesn't make me feel positive about the game as a whole;" which, prove why they shouldn't feel that way after Episode 1.

And no, the "it was a Prologue" excuse doesn't mean anything.

By the way, by your logic I could say that you are "whining" about criticism existing for criticism.

laugh.png

Just stop. I wasn't the one who marched in the thread looking down from an ivory tower. I merely pointed out that it was hypocritical to do so.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 4

*sigh* They're doing the concept art shit again? Seriously? That's it, call me when the game's out and sucks because I don't have time to waste anticipating a game that potentially can suck, but is hyped up like the biggest shit in the world.

• Thumbs Up 4