Awoo.

30 Days of Video Games

Sami

There's probably a few other tracks I could have chosen from this game, but this one is the most iconic and memorable of them all. The fact that it was able to play in one of the most intense levels in the game and still fit the atmosphere was amazing. This song is instant tears for me. So many memories are associated with this game/song.

This is the Brawl version of the song... Unlike a lot of people, I love this too even if it isn't as good as the original. It also has a lot of memories associated with it, so that probably helps.

I want to hear Jun Senoue or Tomoya Ohtani do this song.

• Thumbs Up 4

For this one, I'll go back to Threads of Fate again for the ending theme of Rue's story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFr1W6W1KyY

I find the tone and pace of the song fits Rue perfectly, especially with all he had to go through by the end of the game. Mint has her own version of the same song but I find Rue's is also much more appropriate for the overall plot of the game. Although I don't play Rue's story often, when I hear this song, I feel satisfied that I helped him through his trials to attain his goal. Mint's version is ... well, more like a comedy and while it does fit her own personal story, I don't feel it fits the game like Rue's version does.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh hey guys, it's Okami again. Did you think I forgot about it?

This song man.......The Sun Rises is the epitome of epic in Video Games. I mean, it's the Final Boss music, and that's generally the best song in the game, but THIS! It's literally a song that screams "Epic!". It plays when Ammy, after Issun gets people to believe in her again, gets her full god powers back, and Yami is now FUCKED! I mean, it's just too epic for words.

I was going to post that one too, but I had already done so previously.

Everytime I listen to this beautiful piece, I cry manly tears of awesome.

Twenty-third: Favourite bit of music

Hey, I haven't mentioned Turrican in a while. Let's remedy that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1uNumUYCOQ&feature=related

It's seven minutes long without looping, and it's so fucking awesome! It was this theme alone that made me love video game music as an artform. It's just the title theme. It could've been a boring thirty second loop. Instead, it's a work of art.

I doubt many of you have even heard of the Amiga, let alone owned one. I'll be old and obscure in my corner, listening to Turrican tunes, thankyouverymuch.

• Thumbs Up 1

Day #23 - Favorite Song/Track from a Video Game

There's so many tracks that deserve a mention, so I'll probably do another post later. But I didn't even have to stop to think about my number one:

Beautiful... just absolutely beautiful. Maybe it's because my first experience of Sonic actually was the Star Light Zone, but I just have so much love for this track that I can't even describe how amazing I find it. I used to stand around in the level as long as possible so I could listen to it when I was a kid, and these days it's just such a nostalgic piece for me. Star Light was always such a peaceful level and a welcome break between Labyrinth and Scrap Brain, and they could not have had a more fitting tune for it. There's just something about it that's so incredibly soothing.

• Thumbs Up 4

My actual post will come in a few hours, but for now...

BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY, HEEEEEEEEEEEEEY!

I thought I told y'all to sit down or get down

I'm abouta hit ground

when I'm in the box, my hits way outta this bounds

Nobody's topping me, you know it damn right

Most of y'alls loving me, doing it all night,

Keeping my friends close and my foes closer

things getting messy but I never lick the nose up.

As I get older, see things slower,

my enemies looking like kids and I'm the grown up.

forget it I'm the next masterpiece made.

The new generation came up with the beast "ACE"

But I'm the mister nice guy.

See me I'm the wise guy.

Not a mafioso but I hustle like Mike.

lay low if you are feeling me,

I take these beats freaks go crazy with me

So put'em up in these break with me

so shake with the man, L to the J's now follow me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx3UMGqwVTM

God I love this song. :'D

• Thumbs Up 3

Public class FavoriteMusic{

public static void main(String[] args){

boolean CarboDoesntMind;

if (CarboDoesntMind = true){

new post{

Day 23 - Favorite Song/Track from a Video Game

Too many to pick a favorite - Touhou Project series - NEC PC-9801, Microsoft Windows - 1997-2011

A lot of people have listened to Touhou music and they haven't even realized it.

? Remix of a Touhou song.
? Another Touhou remix. Ever been
before? Touhou song in the background. There are not hundreds, but thousands of Touhou remixes and covers because the original songs are just goddamned good. That's all there is to it. The reason why they're so good is that ZUN (Touhou's sole creator and our lord and savior) grew up as a musician since junior high, and arguably puts music before anything else when making his games.

Since I'm probably going to get in trouble and forced to sit in time-out for grouping 19 fucking games together in a cheap and pathetic attempt to pass off as one song, what I'm going to do is link my favorite song for each game, which seems like a fair enough trade.

(Spoiler'd for length)

(The first five are 8-bitish. If you prefer something more modern, try the others instead.)

Touhou 01 ~ The Highly Responsive to Prayers (1997)

Touhou 02 ~ Story of Eastern Wonderland (1997)

Touhou 03 ~ Phantasmagoria of Dim. Dream (1997)

Reincarnation

Touhou 04 ~ Lotus Land Story (1998)

Sleeping Terror

Touhou 05 ~ Mystic Square (1998)

Touhou 06 ~ The Embodiment of Scarlet Devil (2002)

Touhou 07 ~ Perfect Cherry Blossom (2003)

Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power (2004)

Touhou 08 ~ Imperishable Night (2004)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNVg2qaAtnI

Touhou 09 ~ Phantasmagoria of Flower View (2005)

Gensokyo, Past and Present ~ Flower Land

Touhou 09.5 ~ Shoot the Bullet (2005)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4JDFeO-Wr8

Touhou 10 ~ Mountain of Faith (2007)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFA6lH0E5I4

Touhou 10.5 ~ Scarlet Weather Rhapsody (2007)

Mystic Oriental Love Consultation

Touhou 11 ~ Subterranean Animism (2008)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX5kXNo-O8U

Touhou 12 ~ Undefined Fantastic Object (2009)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dJu6U1JEwQ

Touhou 12.3 ~ Touhou Hisoutensoku (2009)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSHabIYpKdE

Touhou 12.5 ~ Double Spoiler (2010)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJhxGXV1DrM&feature=related

Touhou 12.8 ~ Fairy Wars (2010)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dJA_YLSPz0

Touhou 13 ~ Ten Desires (2011)

Youkai Back Shrine Road

}}

else if (CarboDoesntMind = false){

System.out.println("I'm sorry Carbo. I should have listened to you instead of giving in to my Touhou-praising urges. Please accept this alternate post I have prepared for you and everyone else in this thread.");

new post{

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J67nkzoJ_2M

Stickerbrush Symphony - Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy Kong's Quest - Super Nintendo Entertainment System - 1995

This gives me nostalgia chills. And I've never even played this game, nor watched someone else play it.

That alone should tell you how powerful this piece is. If the embodiment of the SNES, no, the entire 16-bit era was condensed into a single piece of music, this would most certainly be the one. And yes, Smash Bros. introduced me to this track, like it has for most other games from before my N64 time.

}}}}

• Thumbs Up 5

fiBKj.jpg

Sup.

Persona games have always had fantastic fucking soundtracks. Persona 3 had perhaps the most memorable music in the series, but Persona 4 had the better music all around in my opinion. This was a close call, but between Burn My Dread or Mass Destruction from Persona 3, or I'll Face Myself from Persona 4, I had to go with the latter.

The concept of Shadow Personas in Persona 4 was incredibly awesome because this gave us a way to learn more about the characters in one of the best and unique ways possible; by having their respective Shadows, the personifications of their deepest and darkest secrets and shames, go against themselves face to face.

It only took me one listen to this track to instantly fall in love with this. The melody, the beat, the rhythm, especially the genius instrumentation. It was truly the perfect backing to the concept of "going up against yourself".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_58-XYXuJMs

Where this track really begins to shine though, is once you've beaten the Shadow being. Due to the nature of these characters, you can never defeat them. It's impossible to beat your own shadow. It's only going to return, stronger and more powerful, and it's only going to keep beating you down. The only thing you can do, is accept it, and embrace it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fQlpJWoIKI

Persona 4 really makes you re-evaluate how you are as a person. It really makes you think at times. How do you live life, who do you live for, and most importantly, just who is it you are? Can you accept the things people fear you might judge them for, and are you okay with the risks of being judged by other people?

Seeing these characters with complex problems go against their very identity that they are very much aware of, it's just inspiring. The music is perfect for setting up the mood for just that.

• Thumbs Up 3

fiBKj.jpg

Sup.

Persona games have always had fantastic fucking soundtracks. Persona 3 had perhaps the most memorable music in the series, but Persona 4 had the better music all around in my opinion. This was a close call, but between Burn My Dread or Mass Destruction from Persona 3, or I'll Face Myself from Persona 4, I had to go with the latter.

The concept of Shadow Personas in Persona 4 was incredibly awesome because this gave us a way to learn more about the characters in one of the best and unique ways possible; by having their respective Shadows, the personifications of their deepest and darkest secrets and shames, go against themselves face to face.

It only took me one listen to this track to instantly fall in love with this. The melody, the beat, the rhythm, especially the genius instrumentation. It was truly the perfect backing to the concept of "going up against yourself".

*video*

Where this track really begins to shine though, is once you've beaten the Shadow being. Due to the nature of these characters, you can never defeat them. It's impossible to beat your own shadow. It's only going to return, stronger and more powerful, and it's only going to keep beating you down. The only thing you can do, is accept it, and embrace it.

*video*

Persona 4 really makes you re-evaluate how you are as a person. It really makes you think at times. How do you live life, who do you live for, and most importantly, just who is it you are? Can you accept the things people fear you might judge them for, and are you okay with the risks of being judged by other people?

Seeing these characters with complex problems go against their very identity that they are very much aware of, it's just inspiring. The music is perfect for setting up the mood for just that.

Goddamn it, you stole my choice.

Fine runner up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pAb68IUR3E

Spoilers for those who haven't played the game or watching the anime:

The ending theme, it just really brings home that the adventure is over and that you've made friends that you'll never forget. Its somewhat bittersweet, but its the happy type of bittersweet that you spent the entire game getting to know your friends, learning and overcoming your personal issues and developing bonds that can never be forgotten.

I don't think there's been a game that has made me feel as much for the characters as this one, and its a true testament to the developers.

• Thumbs Up 1

Danger is lurking a-round every turn...trust your feelings got to live and learn!

This song is just so perfect in every way. It's catchy, yet emotionally powerful. This is the song that represents the word nostalgia for me.

This is just perfection right here.

Also, Stickerbrush Symphony gets an honourable mention, as that has pretty much the same effect as Endless Mine.

Edited by Swiss
  • Thumbs Up 3

Oh god... I'll try and narrow this to the first ones that popped into my head before I think too much:

Supporting Me from Sonic Adventure 2

(No link because we're Sonic fans, we've all heard this).

Beautifully surreal, dark with a mixture of hopeful and hopeless, epic yet melancholy... Just everything about this song (other than the unforgivable fade-out placement on the soundtrack) is perfect.

Spirit Temple from Zelda: Ocarina Of Time

This is what all Zelda dungeon music should strive to be. It's magical, atmospheric, yet unlike most Zelda Dungeon songs, has an actual melody. And... sad music, natch.

Shadow Queen Phase 3 from Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

I spent a long time flicking back and forth between Mario Galaxy 2 and Mario 3D Land's final boss themes, unable to decide which was more epic... then I remembered this song. Just listen to it. No Mario final boss has ever been as tense as this one:

The entire world is covered in shadow. You're trapped in a crypt several miles underground. Peach is dead and her body posessed by a 1000 year old demon.

The moment that battle screen curtain dropped and that eiree intro faded in I got goosebumps, and the rest of the song didn't dissapoint. What's extra special is that the Phase 1 tune was already pretty epic, the Phase 2 tune was then all "this is really going to shit", but this still managed to be three times as awesome as those. Those really creepy samples that really scream "ancient unstoppable evil" was the kind of instrumentation I'd NEVER have imagined appearing in any Mario game, which also kinda adds to the cool factor.

Aaaaa some honourable mentions before they go unappreciated:

Jungle -A Forest Cage- from Phantasy Star Online

Final Boss Theme from Mario Galaxy 2/Mario 3D Land (as mentioned)

Dire, Dire Docks from Mario 64 (I wish we'd have more Mario water themes follow this one's style rather than SMB1's).

Ending Theme from Sonic 2 (Master System) (A.k.a. Bad Ending on Game Gear)

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 4

Oh geez, well if you've read the topic I made recently... you probably know what games I really love when it comes to OST's. So please do give them a listen because the music is really cool.

I think I'm going to pick some music thats really stood out over the years.

Consoleplaza_1430_1.jpg

Batman (Mega Drive version by Sunsoft)

This is a game I played a lot when I was young, in terms of hours put into it, it's easilly up there with Sonic and Streets of Rage 2. Why did I enjoy it so much? Because it was amazing!

Many people out there are convinced that there are no good movie games, well thats not true, there are, this is one of them. It's quite a basic platformer if you want to get critical about it, but it's a pretty well made one, not stupidly hard or unfair on the player. it even has a driving and a flying stage which kicks ass!

But... the music... my God the music is the most amazing thing about this game. My favourite track is Streets of Gotham and since it follows right on the boss theme too.

Out of all my choices... PLEASE for your own ears, give this one a listen!

The Streets of Gotham music just sounds so much like a Batman movie, but goodness gracious it's so awesome to hear. theres not one part of the track I dislike, even when it starts to rain in the stage the music fits it so well, just wish there was a better punching action on Batman so it wouldn't ruin the music.

As for the boss music that follows right after. I've always been a fan of boss music which is frantic and almost panic like, you see it in the first 3 Sonic games especially, it's almost like an alarm is going off when robotnik descends down in his Egg-O-Matic before the main beat kicks in. In Batman it's just the same, theres an alarm like noise followed by one bad ass boss theme.

===============

yakuza-3-playstation-3.jpg

Yakuza 3 -Fly

In Yakuza 3, Fly is the games main theme music, it plays during the intro and at small segments throughout the game, normally when theres high drama or a plot change. Fly on its own is a really great track, but what makes it my number one out of the whole OST is the climax of the game... you fight against your nemesis topless, both your tattoos on display (a sign that you mean to strike fear into the apponent), you're on top of the millenium tower, you're about to fight one of the hardest bosses in the game... and just before the fight starts... Fly begins to play, it lasts for the whole fight and it's one hell of a track to fight to.

I just love this track so much, it has a very traditional Japanese feel to it, but it's also so contemporary with the low sounding guitars, before then the tempo changes and the guitar unleashes it's full glory, it's timed almost perfectly, I don't think many people will understand why I love this track so much, I think it's one of those that you need to hear whilst you're playing the game to understand why it's so brilliant.

Honorable mentions.

This is probably one of my favourite OST's of all, but specifically I love this track, not only does it fit well with the stage it's in, you get a sense of frantic panic whilst you play, as the guitars compliment the machines you face to much. It starts off a little slow at first, then suddenly builds before exploding into this glorious 80's nostalgic blast of musical goodness!

Terminator Mega Drive - holocaust - Another terminator game! The Mega Drive version had different music, and ironically like the Mega CD version, the best track is from the first level, whilst not as good as the Mega CD counterpart, it still fits the tone of the stage really well whilst also being very true to the music from the actual movie too, just give it a listen, chances are you'll enjoy it.

Chances are I'll think up a few more later one =p ....In fact I just have... several tracks from Demons Souls certainly deserve a place on my list.

Edited by Hogfather
  • Thumbs Up 1

Day Numbero 2III - Ninja's 'Ode to Joy' resembling "makes Kami's picks sound like Rebecca Black's 'Friday'", Favourite Songs/Tracks in Video Games Ever!

GSC_Goldenrod_Radio_Tower.png

this looks like a MissingNo.....Just saiyan.

Various Pokemon Tracks.

Now, Music is a Importand aspect to me in any Game, since I think Music can set the Mood for a Scene or Franchise as Much as

"OHMYGODFASTANDFLASHYSCENESSHOWINGACTIONHOMYLORDFUCKYEAHAWESOMESPRINGBREAK!!"

*cough*

But anyway, the Pokemon Series to me does this Job very well, and has Brought forth countless of Tracks wich inspire Awe and Nostalgia to Me.

for this, I shall pick: Ho-oh's Battle Theme from Heart Gold/Soul Silver, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuhqoZvyntA,

and the Credits theme for the Original Pokemon Red/Blue

Okami.284391.jpg

Google Image Search on "exploding implosion" gave me an Image of Uncle Sam on an Operation Table, but thats a Story for a Different Day.

'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHLM9uCKqWU' and 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ya3yxTbkh5s' from Okami

Susano is comparable with Hercule from Dragonball Z, he is a Coward, He Boats more then he actually does and usually gets His ass Kicked....and both of them eventually Perform Awesome Things.

it's Basically the Theme you Start playing when you're about to Be Awesome, and thats why His Theme is Great.

Now 'The Sun Rises' is that Theme, upped to Eleven. It Plays right after the Scene I talked abou earlier, before the Final Battle.

and it. is. GLORIOUS!

this is a Final Boss Theme par excellance, it's the Theme you WANT to Hear, the Theme that gets you Pumped up and Give that Sucker everything you Got, the Theme makes you wanna Vanquish this Horrible Night, the Theme that makes you wanna Kick Ass.

Dpart.jpg

if he ever ask you if you played Street Fighter....don't answer

Deadpools Managed quickly to climb up the Ladder and become one of my Alltime Favourite Comic Book Characters, and Likewise out of all the rather Great Tracks MvC3 has to offer, Deadpools Theme is my Favourite.

it's Funny, it's Catchy and it fits the Character really well, simply put.

Honorable Mentions:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQ2QgcRrWlc: Now I could Literally talk about a couple Other Songs from Bayonetta I Love, but I'll Just stick with this one, since it's basically the Main Theme. I Love the way they reimagined the Song as a Fast Paced Showtunes styled Track, wich makes the scenes it plays in the Best ones, in my Opinion.

Plus "∞ Climax" that sounds Sexy as Hell!

the various King Dedede's Themes, Kirby Series (linked the Return to Dreamland Version for simplicities sake): I Like this tune simply. It's Bombastic and Funny sounding, yet has that 'Epic' sound to it. Wich is why they get a Mention from Me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkH2zETKqws, Legend of Zelda Franchise: This is about one of the Most recognisable Tunes in Video game History to me. It's Epic and Heroic Sounding and instantly tells you "Tonight....we'll be Heroes"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keeM4wFRJWk, Super Mario Galaxy 2: Now I could Literally sit here and count the various Tracks in the Galaxy Games I Love, like Bowsers Final Battle theme or Throwback Galaxy but, I ain't got all Day, so Puzzle Plank Galaxy it is.

It's a very Happy Little Tune, it makes me wanna go get out my Fiddle and Fiddle about how much I Like to Fiddle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pRmZInUsKA, Sonic Rush: as you all know, the Sonic Series has Produced some awesome Tracks, and like with the Mario Galaxy Games, I ain't got all Day, so I go with Vela Nova here, mainly because it's the first I recalled from the top of my Head.

I like the Fast pace and Funky tune to it simple enough and the Voice is rather....suggestive...hmm~

and the Credits Theme, from God Hand: since I'm running out of shit to say about Songs, I Just close this Damn Post with.....Keep your Pimp Hand strong~

Edited by Mr. NinjaShark
  • Thumbs Up 3

ooo, this is a toughie. I'm not even sure whether to pick an instrumental or vocal track. I might have to cheat.

I'm going to start with the honourable mentions this time. The main Monkey Island theme, most of Sonic's Mega Drive music, Reset from Okami, obligatory Crush 40 reference, take your pick from Final Fantasy...

Like I said, I'll cheat slightly, mainly because I've been listening to them a lot lately:

OK ITS A REMIX BUT ITS AWESOME AND ITS STILL BY NOBUO UEMATSU OK?

I like my metal. I like Final Fantasy music. Combine them, thanks to The Black Mages, and you get stuff like this. Zeromus in particular is pretty epic, with an unusual song structure and good use of the dual keyboards.

Day 23: Favorite song from a game

Or

This song makes me want to play the game. This song WANTS me to play the game. This song reminds me of the 500+ hours I've spent on the game. This song reminds me of all the excitement of unlocking a new character. This song reminds me of all the crazy fights I've had throughout my history with SSB. This song is everything awesome about Melee and the SSB series as a whole. This song reminds me of all the Brawl hype. This song is good. This song is great. This song is awesome. This song is outstanding. This song is amazing.

This song, is the song.

Seriously though, this track is awesome, and Motoi Sakuraba's re-arrangement of the track is even better.

Edited by Red Cap-Blue Spikes
  • Thumbs Up 1

Day 23 - Favourite music track.

You guys are evil... I just can't pick one! If you go and read most of my game related posts you know I've gushed about their music every time I could... Series like StarCraft, Phantasy Star, Command & Conquer, Sonic the Hedgehog, The King of Fighters (and most SNK fighters)... All of them have amazing music (most of it's games at least) and you should totally check them whenever you can.

And it's really hard to pick just one, but the track that was in my head for most of my young years was this one:

The King of Fighters 99 - Tears

I guess "emotional" is the best way to describe this rocking piece of music... It does an amazing job describing your fight against Kyo Kusanagi (who untill this point was the hero of the series).

It starts with a calm and almost sad melody... You can still hear some fragments of his previous theme Esaka? (which is an amazing track on its own) in the background... Almost like reminiscing those past years...

Then Kyo takes off his (until that moment) trademark headband and burns it

300px-Kyo_Kusanagi.jpg

"Ikuze"

At 0.51 the main theme kicks in, an awesome rocking version of the same melody you heard at the beginning, and that's awesome enough but at 1:30 the theme just kicks it up another notch and makes it even more epic, more emotional... (I love this part so much <3)

At 2:08 the loop ends (so that's as far as the one playing the game hears) and we enter in the "arranged" part of the track... at 2:18 the music goes back to the acoustic and quiet tone but then at 2:32 we get an epic electric guitar solo!

Then at 2:57 the track ends in the most amazing way possible with an (even more) amazing version of this theme's main melody and closing with an acoustic guitar... And then... Silence....

kyo-kusanagi-1snaogalery.jpg

Resistance is flammable.

Why is it called Tears? Kyo has never cried. Futhermore, he is always smiling in most images
  • Thumbs Up 2

...I shouldn't really have to say. It's hammy to the core, it rocks, it's got a catchy beat, it's the song that I latched onto when I re-entered the Sonic franchise. So, what's my choice?

The Obvious [sonic Heroes]

On top of that, not only does it fit in with the detective schtick really well (basically being a musical advert), but it also has self-censorship right at the end. Yes, I'm sure it was meant to say butt (pffffft rolleyes.gif ).

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm not sure if I'm meant to pick just one or if I can go with multiple songs, but since others have picked several, so I assume it's ok to do so. If not, then my first choice would be the single pick and the rest as honourable mentions.

I said I'd stop mentioning this game but these categories are just making it too hard for me to not do that.

This is the song that plays during the final boss of the game, and what a great song to end the game on. It really amplifies the epic feeling that the boss already had. Despite not being massively upbeat, it still manages to make you feel really pumped to give that giant sphere hell....heaven.....whatever a sun god would need to give a giant evil ball to make it feel pain. It still manages to be memorable, it still manages to make you feel awesome as you rid the land of evil once and for all until the sequel, it's just an all round great theme, and I honestly can't put all of the things that are amazing about it into words, they just can't do it justice.

o76bdy.png

Listen to this theme here

No, this isn't on here because it goes with everything, although that is a plus. I just find this theme to be really memorable, and I can't get it out of my head for a good while once I hear it. I just really like how upbeat and victorious it sounds, and how it fits with any situation it could possibly be put in, and it really sounds like something you could fight to. It's themes like this that really make me wish that the Street Fighter series still had their old composers working on their music, none of the newer songs in the franchise are nearly as memorable as songs like this. Now go home and be a family man! and listen to this song for America, you won't regret it.

2cmw7rl.png

I'm aware that this theme has been remixed a billion times and people are probably sick of hearing it, but I still think it's a really good song. It's really catchy, as is the case with a good number of songs from Mega Man 2, because of how popular the song is, it's pretty iconic to the Mega Man series, and the fast pace intensity of it really adds to the feeling of breaking into Dr. Wily's fortress to make him pay for his crimes for a second out of many.....many.....many times.

Honourable mentions:

I had enough trouble thinking of stuff to say about these songs and there's a good number of songs on this list, so I'm just going to list my honourable mentions.

Lance/Red's theme (Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal/Heart Gold/Soul Silver)

Credits (Pokémon Black/White)

Emerald Coast Modern Remix (Sonic Generations 3DS)

X vs. Zero (Mega Man X5)

Throwback Galaxy (Super Mario Galaxy 2)

Reset (Okami)

King Dedede's theme (Various Kirby games)

Bay Area (Final Fight)

• Thumbs Up 6

Day 23 Favorite Track from a Video Game:

Probably the hardest one to choose on but I finally decided on...

..I am all of me from Shadow the Hedgehog.

Now before you start hating on me listen to me for a sec. For once I want to say something postive about Sonic for once even if this is a bit controversial. But anyways I honestly can say I love Shadow's OST because it had a lot of great songs in it. But I am really does stand out a bit from the other tracks. It really does represents Shadow's conflict in the game. Its a cool track I'll admit.

What I'm getting at here is that no matter how bad a Sonic game will be at least the music will be great no matter what.

Runner Ups:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIsmohXfJFs: This song is pretty catchy. But I thought something else should get the spotlight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh2jUXc9300: So the final boss in Subterranean Animism is a hell raven girl with nuclear powers who wants to burn everything to the ground. I'd say this is pretty fitting for an epic battle with her. :P

Edited by Dream of the Endless
  • Thumbs Up 2

Dammit all!! I suspected this was coming, and even with extra preparation time, I still can't pick just one!

Too many games have awesome soundtracks...so if I was going to pick one, I've narrowed it down, so it would have to be from either...

The Sonic The Hedgehog series

The Disgaea series

The Persona series

I suppose my number one should really be one of the few songs that have the ability to make me feel better after being depressed. And as a nod to my entry for favourite supporting character, it is the return of Big The Cat. I actually have the lyrics written on my profile page.

Top Sonic Song:

Lazy Dayz ~Livin' in Paradise~Big The Cats Sonic Adventure Theme Song.

Honourable Mention:

City Escape Sonic Adventure 2/Battle

Vs. Character Remix Sonic Generations

Stardust Speedway Bad Future JP/EU & Remix Sonic CD & Sonic Generations

Another song that has the power to ease my unsettled mind is from the Disgaea series. It's also this song that made me not mind being slaughtered by Mid-Boss.

Top Disgaea song:

Honourable Mention:

White Tiger D2

Etna Boogie D1

Pandora Ignition D4

Maritsu Evil Academy D3

Lord Laharl's Hymn D1

Again, another very hard choice to make. But in the end, I'll have to pick this...

Top Persona song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzFl6sWHmXI

Honourable Mention:

Mass Destruction P3

Wipe All Out P3P

Burn My Dread P3

Pursuing My True Self P4

Surprised? Probably not.

Crisis City Modern has quickly become my favourite track in the entire Sonic series. I loved the original and especially the Classic remixes, but this goes above and beyond. It's beautiful, it's tragic, it's intense, it's fast paced. And, more importantly, it actually feels like Sonic music compared to the original. The violin/DnBish fusion just works so perfectly and embodies what an apocalyptic Sonic level track should be, intense and fast as well as having a great melody. They also incorporated all the Crisis City parts in it AS WELL as adding in some new stuff. Now, why couldn't Speed Highway or Planet Wisp Moderns have done this rather than be great tracks that are so close to the original they may as well have not remixed them... Crisis City Act 2 is one of my favourite levels ever, and it's largely due to this music as well as the tricky level design and great gimmicks. I've changed the track in the level before and it's just not the same. It makes the ruined city you're in not only dangerous feeling and intense, but kind of sad because you can tell what the city clearly was like before, and 06's mix didn't really get this across that well.

I already mentioned Phendrana Drifts and it's stellar music a long time ago in this thread, so I'll leave that out. Same with anything Pokemon, as I'll bet that will get a bajillion mentions because it always has great soundtracks. Sonic soundtracks are a given really on this forum, there are so many amazing tracks it's hard to pick just one, but I have nonetheless.

Castlevania always has good soundtracks as well, but picking one specific tune is difficult because they vary so much. But I'll go with this...

Tragic Prince (Clock Tower theme), Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night.

I mentioned this game earlier in this thread as it's fucking amazing, and it's full of orchestral, rock, and generally very grandiose music that fits the game perfectly. This is my favourite though, because it's just so EPIC. The orchestral/rock fusion works so well in this game anyway, but this just feels so intense and moody. It's also reasonably relaxing, which helps in a Castlevania clock tower level, even though this one isn't as difficult as most (mainly because the actual gears part takes up much less of the area than most other entries). I always look forward to clock towers in this series due to their difficult platforming and the fact that pretty much every one has a great tune, but this one is the finest, again largely due to the music. The way it builds up to start with when you walk around the outside where you can see the mountains in the distance, it's glorious. I don't know how else to justify this, but it's so cool when there's so much shit going on.

Edited by Semi-colon e
  • Thumbs Up 2

Oh-ho...there's only one song that fits the bill...

Knight of the Wind (Sonic and the Black Knight)

Black Knight's soundtrack is easily one of the best that the 3D games have to offer, with a nice arthurian sound and many great tunes, but if there's one song I could pick as my favorite from it, it'd have to be Knight of the Wind. It's insanely catchy, has a rockin' instrumental track, and is just plain epic. I can't tell you how many times I've sang along out loud to this song. It's just that awesome.

Some other notable mentions:

Escape from the City (Sonic Adventure 2/Sonic Generations)

One of the catchiest tracks in the entire Sonic series and easily one of my favorite level themes of all time. You just can't beat speeding through a level to this tune.

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)

This one is another catchy track, but it also has an element of mystery and wonder to it that I just love. It's definitely one of SMRPG's most recognizable tracks and one that a lot of people immediately hear when someone mentions the game. Heck, Kirbopher made two extremely entertaining flash videos out of it. That's just how powerful it is.

Door into Summer (Knuckles Chaotix/Sonic Generations)

Yet again, another insanely catchy track from an overlooked entry in the Sonic series. Heck, I had forgotten how amazing it was until I heard the Generations remix of it. It has a very bright and happy tone to it and its beat is positively infectious. It's extremely hard not to hum along to this tune. I'm so glad that Generations gave it a chance to shine again.

Edited by chaoscontrol14
  • Thumbs Up 1