Awoo.

30 Days of Video Games

Sami

Darn. Somebody already chose Live Life... Oh well. I got a better one.

The Sonic and The Secret Rings soundtrack is amazing, and this certainly ONE OF THE BEST songs in any video game.

I mean... You can't even deny how amazing this song is...

• Thumbs Up 5

FAVORITE SONG FROM A VIDEO GAME

SONIC 1: STAR LIGHT ZONE

Sonic the Hedgehog is a pretty hard game if you aren't used to it. I remember being stuck on Marble Zone for years, only occasionally getting past it before dying anyway. The first time I got to Star Light Zone, I immediately took notice of the astonishing scenery and curvy design. But my favorite part was and still is the music.

Star Light Zone's music is peaceful, just fast/slow enough, and catchy as hell. Listening to it just has this weird triumphant but sentimental flavor to me. It almost sounds like music you'd hear in the final scene of a movie, or perhaps during the credits.

It also fits the stage's distinction as the game's "breather" stage-- an easy stage wedged between two harder ones to serve as a break. I mean, now that I think about it, it's the Breather Stage theme song to me.

Anyway, Star Light Zone is awesome and will be played at my funeral. We'll be back with more Wanda Does It.

• Thumbs Up 4

Darn. Somebody already chose Live Life... Oh well. I got a better one.

The Sonic and The Secret Rings soundtrack is amazing, and this certainly ONE OF THE BEST songs in any video game.

I mean... You can't even deny how amazing this song is...

I know quite a few people who can vouch for that. :3

• Thumbs Up 1

I've been sitting here trying to rack my brain thinking of a song i could pick. After careful deliberation, I had to go with this one...

AWAKENING THE CHAOS ~ THEME OF V-13 & /\-11 (BLAZBLUE)

One note:

Even if you haven't played BlazBlue in your entire friggin' life, I REALLY want you to listen to this song.

It's just absolutely brilliant. It's...just...5 minutes of perfection. Daisuke Ishiwatari really outdid himself with this song, and considering the awesome shit he made Guilty Gear and the already epic shit in the Blazblue series (look up White Requiem, it's really close to being my favorite song in the game), that's VERY friggin' noteworthy. I definitely applaud him for this amazing work of art. I mean, this song has one of the most interesting style/genre merges I've ever heard in a song: operatic chorus mixed with shreddin' metal. The way he combines the two, it just creates perfect harmony. The vocals completely complement the instruments in this song, and comepletely gives off the feeling that shit got REALLY real, but at the same time, it exhibits and grand scale of beauty. Beauty and Badassery: a VERY difficult combo to pull off musically. And so far, this is probably the only song I've heard to pull it off. The first time I heard this song, I actually came close to shedding tears it was so beautiful. Sometimes, I will find myself in the gallery mode of BB just to hear this song about 3 times. As a matter of fact, everytime I finish playing BlazBlue, I listen to it in the gallery mode before I turn it off.

And it even fits with the whole boss battle motif. I can picture a whole entire anime-style scene going along with this song (Blazblue, Y U NO HAVE ANIME!?). The boss's arrival, power-up, the epic freakin' battle, the calm afterwards, and a final catastrophic event to top it all off. If you've played Blazblue all the way through (at least Calamity Trigger), then you can see where I'm coming from, since most of that happens in the game anyways.

As Sonic would probably say, this is the B.B.M.E.

Tails: What?

Sonic: BEST...BOSS...MUSIC...EVER!

Edited by Alien/Renegade
  • Thumbs Up 3

Day 23 - Favorite Song/Track

Oh good, I was preparing for this one.

- Starcraft

I just love this song. Whenever I think of the original Starcraft, this is the only music I can think of. The Terran music really overshadows the Protoss and Zerg music for me. Just hearing it makes me think of the beginnings of a match, with base building and scouting.

In The Mouth - Nightmare Ned

No, it doesn't mean that. It's a teeth-themed level. Nightmare Ned actually has really, really good music for a children's game. It's spooky, strange, and surprisingly complex. The level this music is from isn't the most iconic for me, but the music here certainly is.

Runners up:

Act on Instinct - Command and Conquer: The music of the early C&C games is really strange for some RTS games. While most settle for rock, metal, or orchestral music, C&C does its own thing, having techno, jazz, industrial, and random voice clips in it's songs. And out of all of them, this is my favorite track.

- Monkey Island 2: Best town theme ever. Is utterly stuck in my head, even though I've never played much of the Monkey Island games yet. It's nice that every time the main part comes on, it's a variation.

Klayman's Theme - The Neverhood: Another game I haven't really played. But this song is so immensely catchy it will never leave my skull. The rest of the music of the game is pretty similar, but the main theme here is the best.

• Thumbs Up 2

Day 23: Favorite Song from a Video Game

Yes, I'm a nostalgia whore.

Anyway, this song is what plays in Final Fantasy VII two out of the three times you fight the destroyer of worlds from outer space whom main villain Sephiroth is convinced is his mother. Fittingly, the song has a very otherworldly feel to it, and is generally freaking awesome. Yes, even better than the much-loved One-Winged Angel. It's so awesome that it has inspired

remixes. Or maybe I'm just easily amused. XP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drEzI9LQjzw

Okay, so hear me out.

I know it looks a lot like I'm trying to squeeze in an entire soundtrack into one song, but there are reasons why I picked this song and not just any track from the game.

The fact that it's a medley of the entire game is part of the end theme's design to jog your memory of all the stuff you went through to reach the Final Zone. It's important to note that as a medley, each song segways into each other flawlessly, and as such it keeps the pace rather well. Then the track ends in a reprise of the main theme song, which always manages to throw chills up my spine.

The song isn't nearly as memorable or meaningful if you haven't played Sonic 1. The entire soundtrack is incredible, and the ending medley is the best way they could have possibly wrapped it up.

If I had to pick a second, I would pick any arrangement of the

It's a timeless epic classic that transcends generations, and I find it to be extremely catchy and nostalgic (despite not playing too much Zelda as a kid).
  • Thumbs Up 1

Day 23 Donkey Kong Country 2

This track deserves every amount of praise it gets. The way David Wise composed something to sound so beautiful, and heartrending is so amazing. It really made me feel like I accomplished something, and is such an enjoyable tune. Normally when people think of DKC2's OST, they think of Stickerbrush Symphony, which is great and all, but overshadows what I think are the better songs of the soundtrack, like This, or Mining Melancholy

(I know this isn't my favorite VGM, but seriously, give it a try if you haven't played DKC2 yet or heard any of it's amazing music yet.)

Edited by Mike Dawson

I cannot believe no one has said this yet, but...

This song has been fucked so many times. This song captures the feel and atmosphere of Mirror's Edge perfectly. Not to mention that it is catchy as hell and spawned at least 100 remixes on the internet alone. You'd think that the game was mega hit just by this song.

• Thumbs Up 5

DAY TWENTY-THREEEEEEEE: FAVORITE HEARIN' SOUNDS FROM YER PLAYBOYTENDO

Well, I guess I might as well shoot for the Five Day badge.

Ferstoff, let's start with Avalanche Alley from Pac-Man World 2.

Ho ho ho, children. This is some serious paccin' (I SAID IT BITCHES, GO CRY TA SPOOKY ABOUT IT) firepower yer playin with here. This track makes ya feel like a total badass when running away from giant snowballs, jumping offa crumbling ice pillars, and busting up rams with your face. But seriously, it's a four-minute orchestral arrangement of pure goat testosterone that has an kick-ass buildup and a kick-ass payoff. Combined with the best level in the game, it's pretty paccin' sweet.

I just heart this song. Not much else to it. Nostalgia dance every time I listen to it.

Best song in the series, and if you disagree, that's cool brah I still luv ya but I've lost a bit of respect for ya kthxbai

Okay, since I essentially pulled those songs offa the toppa my head, let's do the same with the Runner Ups:

~ Rooftop Run

~ 99 Red BalloonsTHIS COUNTS CUZ I HEARD IT FIRST IN GRAN TURISMO

~ aaaaaaand We Can

that's all, folks

• Thumbs Up 4

Right. Got so many I love, can only list a few of them. Let's see...

is just great. I dunno what it is about it, I just really like it.

Wood Man's theme is fast and action packed, it really does make you feel like he's Carved from the Mighty Oak. It fits his stage well.

Leo's Place is another fast one. Anamanagchi really shows off here, as it's action packed and helps complete a great soundtrack for a great game.

sure is infectious. It's got a vibe that makes it thrilling and makes you feel like you've gotta rush, while still staying upbeat and happy.

And how can we go without mentioning one of my all time favorite pieces of music?

AQUARIUM PARK

I just adore the Aquarium Park theme. It really fits the level like a glove. It's upbeat and has that Asian vibe, while still making it feel like an underwater palace. This level just makes Colors for me, really, it does.

• Thumbs Up 3

Disclaimer: This is probably not my most favorite VGM of all time (at least I don't think so), its just my favorite recently heard song in a video game. I deem having the duty to choose my most favorite VGM as a sick joke, it's like asking a mother to choose which child of hers she would want to live, it can't be done.

So anyway, this song is amazing. It's one of those credits themes that are so beautiful and magical that you can't help but reflect on the adventure you just been through, cherishing certain moments, and knowing that you just went through a true experience in your gaming history.

The song starts out fairly simple, using the main title screen theme as the main backbone, but then it adds in the Sailing theme, and then Outset Island's theme and finally Princess Zelda's theme, it all mixes together beautifully in a single medley of amazingness. I nearly tear up during this theme because it captures the essence of Wind Waker beautifully, as well as incorporating series' classics like Zelda's theme.

This is one of those songs where you never have to wait for "the good part" because it's all good.

Edited by Grooseinator032
  • Thumbs Up 4

So many things to choose from. The cheesy tracks from Sonic R. The entirety of Sonic 3 (no, NOT the PC version Blue Blood). All of the NFS III soundtrack has a bunch more (as I prefer Flimsy over Rear Flutterblast #19). Even TWEWY!

But nope:

Arashi No Saxaphone #2

The King of Fighters '96

One of the cooler benefits of having a cousin with parents who are loaded is that, when everyone else you know is all "the SNES version of Street Fighter II is better than the Genny version" and crap like that, you are playing Neo Geo games. Now, his parents weren't CEOs of Fortune 500 companies, so he "only" had a Neo CD, but still.

And this is the reason that, while I think Capcom is absolutely amazingly talented when it comes to thier fighting game soundtracks (okay, MvC 2 and 3rd Strike excepting), SNK was always better (generally. They've made their own stinkers, to be sure.). And what song shows that best? Arashi no Saxaphone #2.

Listen to that shit. You hear it?

1275988660_sax-guy.gif

AAAAAWWWWW YEEEEEAAAAHHH.

But seriously, the song is awesome. I could punch people in the face to it all day. And, while SNK was always really good at coming real close to their arrangements on the AES, Arashi no Saxophone #2 is almost shockingly close between the two versions. One of the few chiptunes where I can legitimately say that it is hard to call it a chiptune when you first listen to it. KoF '96 (a.k.a. Leona tears EVERYONE a new asshole) isn't a terribly well-balanced game like '97 is, but I enjoy it more (much more) because of the music, and that track in particular is a big factor of that.

And while the KoF XIII version doesn't have quite the same kick to it, it is still fantastic.

Edited by Gilda
  • Thumbs Up 3

Hoo boy, this is going to be a bit of a tough one. But here are a few of my favorites:

Sonic Unleashed- Holoska Village Night: The song is very relaxing and makes me think of a dream.

Sonic Unleashed- Endless Possibilities: The song just gives me determination and makes me feel like I can accomplish anything!

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle- Live and Learn: Simple, it has an insanely awesome beat!

Final Fantasy X- Assault: Gives me this thrilling sensation of something epic!

Final Fantasy VII- Man with a Machine Gun: The title states it all folks, this song is awesome!

Kingdom Hearts- Hikari Orchestral- Makes me think of going on a great adventure and accomplishing something big!

Super Mario Galaxy- Good Egg Galaxy: The song always makes me happy for some reason.

Super Mario Galaxy- Final Boss Bowser: Brings an "Oh shit!" moment to mind, The song is fun to listen to while driving a car. Heck, this song play will make a game of tag look epic!

Edited by Zany Mallet Maniac
  • Thumbs Up 1

THIS IS TOTALLY NOT A SONIC SONG NOPE NOPE NOPE SURE IT'S BASED ON A SONIC SONG AND A REMIX OF IT WAS IN A SONIC GAME BUT THIS SPECIFIC VERSION WASN'T SO TECHNICALLY I STILL HAVEN'T MENTIONED SONIC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1hB8jFRpDc

This isn't just my favorite vidya-related song, but really one of my favorite songs ever. It's such a beautiful song in every way. Just, I couldn't possibly explain what makes it so wonderful without detailing every single component of it. The way the brass blends into the background but adds so much, the simple but effective bass, the scales at the key change, the very slight vibrato on some of the singer's long notes, and conversely the absolute perfection of the longest ones toward the end, all the little accents like the bells and harp. And those are just my favorite bits. Everything weaves together into such an amazing product.

SECOND PLACE:

I feel like even talking about this is wasting my time because god, just listen to it. Zelda's credits always have music that conveys so many emotions at once, all equally powerful, and it's truly impressive. It's calm, serene... triumphant!... joyful in the spirit of adventure and joyful in the simplicity of returning to daily life. It says that you've done it, you've saved the world, but at the end of the day, none of that matters as much as rescuing your sister and calming Grandma's poor old worries. And that's only touching on the emotional aspects. The composition itself is brilliant with its Irish flair and great way of repeating itself while never losing its impact.

Honorable mentions: (in no order)

- I've gushed over this before, as it's really magical. The way it opens so simply and becomes so grand with the bass, accompanied by Ellen McClain's fantastic voice, it's pristine. It feels truly like a heartfelt goodbye, as it should. Both saddening and relieving, and even a touch dark, setting a great mood.

Super Mario Galaxy - Super Mario Galaxy ; Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Super Mario Galaxy 2 - (Yeah the songs and the games have the same names and its redundant but fuck you I want consistency) I could definitely go on about these in detail like with Sweet Sweet Sweet, but I won't. They're simply genius songs. Perfect whimsical tone, perfect composition, perfect everything.

- What a song. Eleven minutes and not a moment is short of amazing. I especially adore the drum line and what I believe is a key change a bit after four minutes where the song really takes off. Like Wind Waker's credits theme, there such a mix of emotions that are all conveyed so well. The finish is genius as well, where everything dies down and ends with Zelda's Lullaby.

- I never actually played 64 until the DS rerelease, but this song still is the defining Mario song to me. I can't honestly put my finger on how, but it flawlessly captures the nostalgia this series entails for so many people. I hear it and remember how much Mario has actually meant to my childhood, what fun I've had with it and even what he means as the face of video games. There's just no more "Mario" sounding song. Also it makes me want cake.

;
;
;
; Elite Four Battle ;
;
- Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald - I assume that choosing seven songs from the same game is probably cheating as I might as well choose the whole soundtrack but fuck you I love these songs. Not that they're especially good (The Rival themes are, the rest are ok) but for their sentimental value. Nothing, nothing, nothing compares to your first wild pokémon battle, your first meeting with your rival, your first time going up against the Pokémon League. And these are the songs that embody that feeling.

I really like songs that play at the end of games if you can't tell.

I also feel like I haven't played a lot of vidya because I talk about like the same couple of games constantly but who cares.

Edited by The Pyro
  • Thumbs Up 5

Day 23: Favorite Track from a Video Game

This is far too hard for me to really even pick. I absolutely love video game music, and I just can't sit down and pick just one song from the rest. I'll probably just list a few, but there is far more on the list. So without further ado, here's a short list of some of the many songs I love.

Xenosaga III

Hepatica

When I first heard this song I instantly loved it. For one it's in gibberish--yeah, it's not even sung in any sort of language, but it sounds incredible. The theme of the song is used in snippets and sections of other instrumentals played throughout the game, but this one is one of my favorites in the game. Godsibb and Promised Pain are also amongst my favorites in this game and they're also sung in gibberish.

LoZ: The Wind Waker

Credits Roll

I love the Zelda series and the music from these games, but I have to say the credits roll in Wind Waker is probably my favorite from all of the songs, though Ballad of the Wind fish and the Goddess are very close seconds. It's just such a lovely song that slowly merges into Zelda's Lullaby at the ending.

Super Mario Galaxy

Space Junk Galaxy

While not one of my favorite Galaxies in this game, I love the music here. It's so beautiful and peaceful and I found an incredible

version of this song that I listen to when I just need to relax.

Sonic and Knuckles/3&K

Flying Battery Zone

Again, this one was a bit tough considering I really adore the simple soundtrack in this/these games. Flying Battery, Ice Cap, and Sky Sanctuary are my top favorite soundtracks with Lava Reef coming in close, but Flying Battery has a much stronger nostalgia factor to me because I always looked forward to this level just for the music.

Kingdom Hearts

Fragments of Sorrow

I have such a weak spot when it comes to orchestral pieces and the music in this game was really fantastic. This really felt like final battle-esque music for me and really is enoyable to listen to. Forgotten Challenge from Re:Chain and the orchestral versions of Hikari and Passion are also fantastic as well.

Other awesome mentions before this becomes a wall of songs

>Rising Sun from Okami

>Most of the OST from Croc: Legend of the Gobbos

>Finish the Promise and Meaning of Birth from Tales of the Abyss

>Pretty much some song from every game I've played. This is the hardest question yet.

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 23 - Favorite Soundtrack

Sonic Adventure - This soundtrack is just filled with songs that bring back the best of memories. I could never hope to pick one song out of all these masterp-..

......Wh- whuzzat?....gotta pick one?...

No....No! Can't pick one! That-that's impossible! HOW could you ask that of a man?? *deep breath*.

You seriously have no idea how hard it is to pick ONE song from SA1, letalone the entire Sonic series.

But I'll try. Here goes.

Day 23 - Favorite SONG. *hopes to God he doesn't regret this life-changing choice*

Event: Sadness from Sonic Adventure - I don't think about it much. It isn't particularly complex or unique. It may be a bit on the cheesy side. I don't even hum or whistle it that much compared to tons of other songs. But you know what? To me, this song represents my relationship with the Sonic series ever since I was a kid, as well as my childhood as a whole. I think the flashback of Tails meeting Sonic applies to a lot of us. I saw Sonic, I thought he was the coolest thing ever, and I wanted to adventure with him wherever he went. And adventure we did, through thick and thin, bashing badniks and zipping through loops throughout the years. Looking back, it just makes me so sad that my younger years are over, but so happy to think that I spent them with the coolest hedgehog around. This song perfectly - PERFECTLY - captures the feeling of creating those countless memories with a childhood hero. It stirs within me several emotions of wonder and nostalgia, sadness and joy. And for that, it gets my special pick.

2nd place:

Underwater Frigate from Metroid Prime - This song wonderfully captures the feeling of being isolated, while at the same time creating a sense of being on a beautiful planet - ironic, seeing as how this was played in an indoor area. I guess it just gets the water-y sound down pat. Atmosphere is just masterfully crafted in this game, and this song is a great example. When it comes to beauty in video game music, it doesn't get much more lovely than this. Though Phendrana Drifts gets a shout-out too.For the record, Metroid Prime has my second-favorite game soundtrack.

CRAPLOAD OF RUNNERS UP:

-Open Your Heart-Live and Learn

-Tricky Maze....for Lost World

-Solaris Phase 2

-Big Bad Baby Bowser from Yoshi's Island

-E1M8 "Sign of Evil" from Doom

-Song of Storms from Ocarina of Time

-Final Ganon Battle from OoT

-Final Hours (with bells) from Majora's Mask

-Red Soil Brinstar from Super Metroid

-Maridia 2 (or 1...can't remember....the sadder one) from Super Metroid

-Ridley's theme from Metroid: Other M (one of the few things the game did well)

-Jolly Roger Bay/Dire Dire Docks from Super Mario 64

-Space Junk Galaxy from Super Mario Galaxy (having "Junk" in the title does not do it justice)

-Uncharted theme (particularly Uncharted 2's version)

-Crisis City Classic

-Rooftop Run Modern

-Aquarium Park Act 1

-Planet Wisp Act 1 (Colors)

-Flying Battery Act 1

-Still Alive from Portal.....before it became meme-worthy

-Into the Thick of It from Secret of Mana

-Yearnings of the Wind from Chrono Trigger

-Dancing Mad Tier 4 from Final Fantasy VI

Edited by Gregzilla14
  • Thumbs Up 1

Day 23: Favorite Song from a Video Game

Favorite Vidya game track evah ey? BUT I HAVE SO MANY!

Anyway, my favorite Song/Theme of all time would definitely have to be Nobuo Utematsu's

Which Final Fantasy you ask? ALL of 'em. The Chocobo theme is such a versatile song that you can remix it many many ways. Maybe
(FFX), perhaps a heavy metal F-Zero-like remix (Dr. Fruitcake of VGMusic...Edit:
), or one of those Orchestral DK64 Boss like remixes (...I literally just thought of the idea of making this as I was typing this here. Challenge Accepted.)

I simply just LOVE this theme. I love it so much that I play it, EVERY day on the piano. It's so damn simple, BUT IT SOUNDS SO GOOD WHEN YOU PLAY IT! Whoever doesn't like this awesome song probably eats puppies and stabs innocent unrevivable girls in the chest with their obnoxiously long sword that compensates for something...I've said enough.

Chocobo isn't my only favorite track though, I also have to give credit to ZUN's Flowering Night

This, and I mean, THIS is the very song that got me into Touhou Project. Hearing this remix of epic proportions got me into tracking down the franchise, turned me into a Sakuya Fanboy and I instantly choose to play Th07 first JUST because she was in the game. I mean, hey, theme song = it plays right? WRONG, Flowering Night doesn't appear until Th09, but I didn't know that... tongue.png (IMO In hindsight, Th09 is probably the worst game in the series anyway, so I'm glad it wasn't my first game I played in the franchise...)

To this day, I have YET to hear a remix that reaches the amount of ass kickery that Ezel Ash has made here. Cool&Create made the awesome Night of Nights arrange, but if you ask me, that arrange is different enough to be considered to be it's own song...almost.

Hell, I love this song so much I've remixed it multiple times in Anvil Studios. I got a Heavy Metal/Slap Bass Remix, an Orchestrated Arrange, and a remix I'm working on (idonno what to catorgize it) that'll hopefully reach the amount of awesomeness of Ezel Ash's remix.

(wait...is it Knight of Kights...or...Knight of Nights? Bah, just as long as no one calls it Flowering Night I won't have to whip out the pads...wai-KNIFED)

Y U NO LET ME PUT THESE IN TOO? Runner Ups: Super Mario World's Overworld Theme, dat No More Heroes Theme, I'd say pretty much every friggin' track in OoT and MM, but I'd have'ta choose Gerudo Fortress, OoT's Hyrule Field and MM's Stone Towah Temple. Oh yeah, and pretty anything composed within the walls of Rareware. That includes Myan Tears, pretty much every track in Banjo Kazooie-Tooie and Donkey Kong 64's Overworld. Also there's WAY too many Touhou songs like Border of Life and Third Eye, I simply can't choose any besides Flowering Night...

Edit: Made small finishing changes to post that nobody's going to notice anyway... tongue.png

Edited by Goldenlink64

Day 23 - WHATS YO FAVORITE MUSIC IN VIDYA

God, this'll be very, very, tough. I'll make a list.

Sonic Generations - Crisis City (Classic) - Wavemaster, Cash Cash

Okay, so Sonic Generations may be slightly less perfect than I'd hoped, but the music was stellar. I mean, this track especially was one of the best ones in the entire game, to the point where this was the most played Sonic track on my iPod of all time. Also, the rhythm of this track got me more pumped for this stage than the modern version. Maybe it was the introduction and the guitar riffs that got my all hype-y!

BlazBlue (series) - Love So Blue -blue pulse- - Kanako Kondou, Daisuke Ishiwatari

BlazBlue is great. Almost everything about the series was made of absolute perfection, and as such, the music also excelled as well, and it was awesome to start with. But hands down, my favorite character was the ever-ditzy, yet oddly badass and oh very flat Noel Vermillion, and as such, I heard this track a lot. The lyrics of this song really pertained to her as well (albeit spoilerriffic), and the guitar was amazing.

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Title Screen - Koji Kondo

Now thus, is what I think whenever I hear the word Zelda. The chorus, the howling of TwilightWolf!Link and that oh so very familiar six-note riff all made it clear that Twilight Princess would be a great game (up until Skyward Sword came about), despite not feeling the need to finish it. Ugh. Then again, I kinda owe it to hype aversion which kinda turned me away from the rest of the game.

I could say Sky Sanctuary.

I could say World 1-1

I could say Disgaea.

Or even Megaman.

But no.

The best music for me is the music of the first level of the first game I ever owned.

This music capture perfectly the feeling of its level. Whimsical, happy-go-lucky, and...AMAZING. Maybe it's the nostalgia filter talking, but to say that I love this game is an understatement.

By the way, let's keep the Mouse/Duck ratio 1:1.

Not only this track is called Quacksody in Blue, which is funny on its own, but it's a damn fine track. You're in a urban city, and you're PISSED OFF. Can you feel it? Yes, thanks to this music, you can.

Edited by Phantom Nald

I can't pick a favorite song. Every single VGM I listen to is unique and awesome in it's own way. Every new piece of music I play gives me extremely vivid mental pictures of what else the song could be used for. I can't pick a favorite song, as it would also be picking a favorite scenario in my head. However, I do have my most nostalgic VGM, which even then is at a tie.

BUT THE TWO WINNERS FOR MOST NOSTALGIC VGM ARE:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfMKrPsqcxE&feature=related

I still remember this as the first game and, by extension, the first level theme I ever heard. Simple and catchy, that's pretty much it. The rest of this game's soundtrack is really pretty good as well. I suggest you look it up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3RFUTFgUZI

Choosing the Generations version because it's better. My first Sonic game, and the level I realized I was going to be a fan of this game, and possibly the rest of the series, had i known that there were more Sonic games at the time. It's awesome, and feels like you just burst out of home, to go on the best damn adventure of your life.

Edited by Phantomime
  • Thumbs Up 1

I already played my Solaris card earlier, so here is a contention between 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBHpAr7jaFY

City Escape. This song is so much win. We all know its kinda camp. It's cheesy as all hell. But we don't care. WE SING ALONG AND LOVE IT ANYWAY!!!! Everyone I know when they hear a lyric can't help continue the song! It is a magical and awesome peice of work. Again, Generations did it justice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY2EZL0AIhY

The Last Scene, Sonic Adventure 2. This music is powerful. So sad, had me crying the first time I heard it. A Sonic game had never ended on such a bittersweet moment. It was the perfect end to my perfect game. In real life, I am so attached to this song that it will play at my funeral one day. A suitable song to send me off to.

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 23 - WHATS YO FAVORITE MUSIC IN VIDYA

God, this'll be very, very, tough. I'll make a list.

Sonic Generations - Crisis City (Classic) - Wavemaster, Cash Cash

Just for the record, Cash Cash had nothing to do with that track. Tomoya Ohtani (who also composed the original and Modern versions, natch) made it.

Edited by JezMM

Day 23 - Favourite Music track from Vidya

this was really hard, i mean REALLY HARD to think of, with the extensive amount of games i've played in my life so far so i'm going to break down into why i chose the song i did.

Still Alive - Lisa Miskovsky -Theme of Mirror's Edge

to get a grip for this song you have to understand the premise the game takes place in.

The game takes place in a city ruled by protection, cameras on every corner due to the increased insecurity of the human population, the paranoia of feeling unsafe and vulnerable from any form of attack, the city is split into 2 types of people.

Those that accept having their every move watched with maximum security

and those who refuse to give up their freedom.

You play as a free runner called Faith Connors, your job is to deliver message bags to those in hiding who want to bring down the high security corporations to feel free again, those that don't want to be controlled... the streets are hot spots and littered with cameras and security so your only means of transport are to use the cities rooftops as pathways to your destination, Faith goes on to explain that the police and higher security pretty much imprison those that refuse to adapt to the new rules, she also mentions if the runners stay out of the way of the police then they don't get bothered with.

you have few and far friends apart, so you know how you must feel when her sister is framed for murder, her best friend Celeste has been deceiving them as an undercover cop, and your eye in the sky friend Merc is killed.

the only person you have left, is your sister so you MUST save her or fear being alone forever

the final part of the game sets you up for the emotional bullet the song delivers to you, your friend Merc Dies so you have no one telling you where to go anymore, your friend Celeste is a traitor, so you can't trust anyone but yourself, and your attacking a multi billion security corporation to justify your sister's innocence, you scour the inside of the building blindly, with heavily armed SWAT everywhere, one wrong move and your dead... you finally make it to the top with the helipad, your sister being held at gun point by an NPC you met earlier in the game, he tells you that training cops to be free runners to hunt the messengers was the only way to cut off communication to the people holding onto the old way of life, and framing a cop for the soon-to-be-mayor would put the police out of the picture and replace them with the private security firm "Pirandello Kruger"

he then climbs into the helicopter with Faith's sister and eggs Faith on.

"Sometimes Faith you just got to Jump!"

so you run and jump, grab the handle on the helicopter and kick jacknife out the other end, falling to his death, the helicopter loses control and your sister falls out, hanging onto the edge of the building you dive out and grab her just as she's about to fall as the helicopter smashes into the building right below you. You pull her up and hug her, as the song Still Alive begins to play, the camera has been in the first person for the whole game, until this cutscene it zooms out and shows you hugging Kate, you finally get to see the person you where playing as and it just made me baw so much! the music is so sad, and it fits the theme of the game perfectly.

for me it wasn't even a game, it was more of an experience because no other game has made me feel that way ever.

also the radio channel over the song in the credits explaining about the helicopter crash and revealing kate's innocence just topped it all off.

Well played Dice.

Edited by Samus Aran