Awoo.

Toonami Is Back Bitches [05.26.12]

King Frosty

...Holy shit.

https://twitter.com/...ringBackToonami

Just... holy shit.

If this doesn't convince them to bring it back, nothing will. It's crazy how many people are tweeting for Toonami to be brought back. I knew Toonami was popular bit not this popular.

You don't even know man....

• Thumbs Up 5

Ok I spent the last 2 hours spreading the word around all my old communitys I used to go to. the twitter realtime search for the hashtag is jumping every few seconds with retweets. hopefully [AS] will tell us what this was all about...

• Thumbs Up 1

I swear to god if we get Toonami back...

• Thumbs Up 4

Dear god, it's become a possibility :o

It begins! Let's do this shit!!

• Thumbs Up 4

Did anyone else notice that Yuri Lowenthal(Voiced Sasuke, Keigo Asano, Luke Fon Fabre and a good amount of others), Kyle Herbert(Narrator in Funimation's DBZ dub) and Travis Willingham(Roy Mustang in Fullmetal Alchemist, current voice of Knuckles) have all tweeted "#BringBackToonami".

https://twitter.com/#!/blumspew

Just decided to spread the word via email and other forums I am a part of for the return of Toonami.

So looking at the facts,

>Damn good ratings the night it premiered

>Over 20,000 likes (still growing mind you) on Facebook

>Trending Worldwide (Jesus, didn't know it was this popular!) on all social networks

>Adult Swim confirmed their open to the idea if it's popular enough (which it is) and CN probably got alot of good feedback from fans that night

>Have you guys been on other forums lately? The Internet's going crazy over this.

It's becoming a reality, we're so close to getting Toonami back on the air.

Never thought I'd ever write the words "Toonami back on the air" in the same sentence ever again.

Best April Fool's Prank Ever!

• Thumbs Up 5

How do you know it got good ratings? I don;t remember it ever being said what the ratings were for Toonami on April first.

How do you know it got good ratings? I don;t remember it ever being said what the ratings were for Toonami on April first.

Not gonna be sure for at least a couple more days, but due to the number of people flipping out that night, and how AD would only consider this if the ratings were good enough, I'm pretty sure they were helluva lot higher then what they usually are.

Fair enough.

On a funnier note, Steven Blum retweeted a tweet by a "Eddie Vasquez" on twitter with this:

"@blmspew these guys are willing to put aside they're differences to#BringBackToonami"

ApmOKDlCIAAe-EG.jpg

Also, Steven Blum recounted his reaction to being asked to voice TOM again.

"@RichardDDragon <inner little girl squeal>, followed by manly, dignified throat clear and "of course, when? How about NOW?" then, <squeal>"

• Thumbs Up 7

I hate to be a Buzz Killington but if this does become a reality, are we sure they will air DBZ, Tenchi, Outlaw Star, etc.? Toonami has had a lot of shows in its 11 years, how do we know what exactly they will air? There's only so much they can fit into 7 hours.

I hate to be a Buzz Killington but if this does become a reality, are we sure they will air DBZ, Tenchi, Outlaw Star, etc.? Toonami has had a lot of shows in its 11 years, how do we know what exactly they will air? There's only so much they can fit into 7 hours.

I can just imagine how angry people would get if it did come back, and the lineup ended up being like what it was in its last years.

If your worried about Kai on other networks, fret not because according to FUNimation Kai counts as a separate series from DBZ so technically they can air DBZ original dub on toonami while airing Kai everywhere else.

As for the other shows, were you there april first?! all those shows you mentioned were apart of the lineup! I'm sure if toonami is coming back to us on [AS] there will be some tweaks to the lineup but what we basically saw is probably what we will see.

If your worried about Kai on other networks, fret not because according to FUNimation Kai counts as a separate series from DBZ so technically they can air DBZ original dub on toonami while airing Kai everywhere else.
Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 1

You know what would piss Nicktoons off so much?

If Toonami came back, started airing old school DBZ and started kicking the shit out of Kai/GT out of the gate. Especially when they've practically built the network around it theses days.

It's obvious they'll have the new programming but, I'm sure they'll have classic programming after the new shows. They'll probably just transform it into one long block like Toonami is. Rather than a repeat of everything that was on from 11-2.

...huh. Must have fucked something up when I posted that.

It's a Tweet of theirs. Should work now.

So, this might actually be....happening?

*is super jealous he lives in Canada and does not get this channel*

• Thumbs Up 1