Awoo.

Toonami Is Back Bitches [05.26.12]

King Frosty

Y'know, I never actually watched much Outlaw Star as a kid, and this one episode has convinced me to order the DVD's today. Tom says the DVD's have violence and nudity, so that's swell!

And holyfuck Yu-Yu-Hakusho~

Me too, this is interesting me.

I've heard about Toonami coming back on by one of my friend's status updates on Facebook, only to find out that my TV Service doesn't have the right bloody version of Cartoon Network so I couldn't watch it.

I was really pissed, but then I saw somebody post this in the Status Updates on here:

http://www.justin.tv.../w/2849733136/2

IT'S BEING STREAMED SO I CAN WATCH IT WITH YOU GUYS TOO!

(I still can't believe that this is actually happening though...)

Does Big O even count?

Sure, why wouldn't it? Big O has been on adult swin, but it was on Toonami first.

Same with Yu Yu Hakusho.

Well, it's kind of hard to get the nostalgia juices flowing for something that never really went away...

Sure, why wouldn't it? Big O has been on adult swin, but it was on Toonami first.

Same with Yu Yu Hakusho.

Actually, Yu Yu Hakusho aired on Adult Swim first then switched to Toonami. It's kinda like things went full circle. lol

This is an episode from season 1 of Big O. I'm so glad that it's not an episode of Season 2 for the umpteen time.

I'm a bit late -- came in around mid Outlaw Star -- but this is awesome! I'm really hoping for some Rurouni Kenshin and G Gundam.

Edit: Whoa! They're showing Blue Sub 6? They only showed that once -- in bits -- in their entire run. Looking forward to seeing that again.

Edited by My YoshiUnity is Ready
  • Thumbs Up 2

This is an episode from season 1 of Big O. I'm so glad that it's not an episode of Season 2 for the umpteen time.

Oh.

Well, that makes more sense then. Thanks.

• Thumbs Up 2

Actually, Yu Yu Hakusho aired on Adult Swim first then switched to Toonami. It's kinda like things went full circle. lol

wait, really?

huh.

wait, really?

huh.

Yeah, I remember the promo on Adult Swim and Yusuke was yelling "I'm gonna kick your *censor beep*".

• Thumbs Up 1

YYH was weird. If I recall correctly, it was shown on AS first, already censored to Toonami levels; and then when it was transferred over to Toonami it was done without change.

Edited by Tornado

Blue Sub?

The hell is that? I've never even seen it before.

Regarding Blue Sub 6...

Who gives a shit, shit blows up. And I believe I've watched it before but forgot about it.

Edited by Silencer(Tsundere Edition)

Being me, I totally would have wanted to see a Genkai Tourney episode or the final one to the Four Beasts arc. But hell, seeing YYH at all anymore's a godsend. Can't complain at all. *sits to watch*

Blue Sub?

The hell is that? I've never even seen it before.

Never saw it, but I know that it's a post-apocalyptic OVA that was, for it's time, a big deal for combining 2D animation and 3D computer imagery. I assume that submarines and water are involved.

Apparently it's an a'ight show, and it's only 4 episodes. I think I am going to watch it on my own time, though. I'm sick and should have gotten to bed hours ago. Probably going to stay up to see the schedule so I see what's on after Blue Sub, for curiosity's sake.

DO YOU SEE HOW YOU IMPACT MY HEALTH, CARTOON NETWORK ? DO YOU!?!? </3

Edited by gunthər

They played Big O's credits music... *Sniff.* I think I need a moment. ;_;

As for Blue Sub 6. I'm not surprise most of us barely remember it. Toonami only showed it once -- in bits -- for a week. It's a story where most of the world is submerge in water, due to a rogue scientist. Alone, he makes an army of mutants to conquer everything and rage war. And the only thing that can stop him are a bunch of Submarine forces.

That's what I remember!

Edit: OH SHIT! TRIGUN AFTER BLUE SUB 6!

Edited by My YoshiUnity is Ready

Tuh...Trigun?

My body says to sleep but my heart says "all nighter".

Edited by gunthər
  • Thumbs Up 1

"You're a louse, Roger Smith"

-Dorothy.

I may not have watched that much of Outlaw Star or Gundam Wing back then, but fuck it, I watched everything else and am currently having a huge nostalgia boner. And Steve Blum is ACE! Good old Tom's back.

• Thumbs Up 2

This episode never aired on TV did it, because I sure as hell don't remember it.

This episode never aired on TV did it, because I sure as hell don't remember it.

No, this is actually part of the finale :P

nvm

Edited by Imperial Brony