Awoo.

Toonami Is Back Bitches [05.26.12]

King Frosty

Hopefully they bring back YuYu Hakusho and Ruroni Kenshin too, those shows were awesome. DBZ is a must have, cyborg 009 was good, and One Piece is another must have. I'm stoked!

Edited by Ekaje

Wow, I can't believe they're actually bringing Toonami back. Damn, now I wish I turned the TV to CN on April 1st when everyone was saying Toonami was back. I thought it was literally an April Fools joke...

Not sure if I like the block being on Saturdays at Midnight since I'm starting my new job that has me getting up at an ungodly hour, but still cool nonetheless.

Dragon Ball Z is a given guys, I mean seriously, that was the stand out anime for the block on weekdays, and Saturdays... skip GT no one cares bout that. As for the new stuff, hope its good, wouldn't mind seeing Full Metal Panic airing on tv, and a few other shows on my shelf.

• Thumbs Up 1

You know, not to sound like a conspiracy theorist or anything but it seems pretty odd that they are all ready to air new Toonami so soon. I mean, there's not only CGI,voice acting and writing, there's also putting together a schedule and getting the rights to the shows they need. It hasn't even been full two months and it's airing. I'm beginning to think that AS/CN were planning this from the start and that the April Fools showing was just to get us all hyped up and to see if it was something worth advertising.

http://thefutoncriti...516adultswim01/

· TOONAMI - Beginning Saturday, May 26, Adult Swim brings back Toonami, the network's popular block of anime programming. Airing weekly from midnight to 6 a.m. (ET/PT), in addition to the return of previous series featured in Toonami, Adult Swim is also developing new original anime programming for fans.
Edited by PeanutButterDimond

[media=]

This vid got me thinking about the programming.

Do we just want our old Nostalgia Cartoons and Anime on the block, or will we get some new stuff alongside stuff like Adventure Time and Regular Show (....Uncut? :v) on the Block?

While it could be either, I think the April Fools day airing was a test of interest, because if it went well, they could do this, and if it didn't garner interest, they could say it was just a joke, a one day thing.

What I want were the awesome anime shows not named Bleach. Shit, I'd take anything over Bleach. Bleach is goddamn horrible.

• Thumbs Up 1

[media=]

Do we just want our old Nostalgia Cartoons and Anime on the block, or will we get some new stuff alongside stuff like Adventure Time and Regular Show (....Uncut? :v) on the Block?

Edited by Silencer Tsundere

"A Wednesday press release released by Adult Swim, the cable and satellite network that is paired with Cartoon Network, has revealed that the network is developing "new original anime programming" for the return of the Toonami programming block. Previous series featured on the block will also make their return."

"Airing weekly from midnight to 6 a.m. (ET/PT), in addition to the return of previous series featured in Toonami, Adult Swim is also developing new original anime programming for fans."

It's already been stated twice. there's going to be new anime shows on the block. It won't be like April first which just had old shows. In other words, it's being treated as it deserves, a block to show off anime and other shows, not just a block for nostalgia. All I can say is FUCK YEAH!

Anything but Bleach. I'd take Hamtaro over Bleach. Sailor Moon over Bleach. Johnny Test over Bleach. The white kid with a squeaky ass voice over Bleach. John Cena over Bleach.

Oh lawd, Turbo is on his Bleach is shit mode again. :P Well, can't really blame him, it is crap.

What I want were the awesome anime shows not named Bleach. Shit, I'd take anything over Bleach. Bleach is goddamn horrible.

I...JUST...WOW...Its the news I've been waiting since 2007 to hear! I'm just completely awestruck and happy, so very damned happy! I've haven't been this happy in ages!!

I missed April 1st I WILL NOT MISS THIS!

Anything but Bleach. I'd take Hamtaro over Bleach. Sailor Moon over Bleach. Johnny Test over Bleach. The white kid with a squeaky ass voice over Bleach. John Cena over Bleach.

So they are gonna have new shows. That's good, now I'll have to wait one more week to see what those new shows are gonna be like.

[media=]

Edited by Mephiles550

I wouldn't mind seeing an Uncut version of Regular Show, But I have a hard time imagining a more Mature or uncut version of Adventure time that i'll like....

Holy shit! They're actually bringing it back! This is the announcement of the forever! :D

I'm really curious what the lineup will be since it said they will be a mix of old and new programming. If it's anything like what they did for April 1st, then this is going to be awesome!

Got the background and the button tags in case you want to use it for whatever:

toonamibackground1.jpg

toonamisbackbitches1.png

tweetaboutthis1.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Just give me One Piece back on TV alongside DBZ and DBZ Kai Uncut and I'm a happy Monkey. |3

Its gonna be there dude, accept it.

I would put Bleach in the Death slot. Right next to Big O and Cowboy Bebop.

I would put Bleach in the Death slot. Right next to Big O and Cowboy Bebop.

Not happening. I know how much you hate Bleach, but you must accept that it is popular.

Cheer up Turbo it could be worse, they could ring back that retarded show known as Bo Bo Bo Bo Bo Bo Bo.

Not happening. I know how much you hate Bleach, but you must accept that it is popular.

It is only popular because it is in a prime timeslot. Inuyasha, Deathnote, Cowboy Bebop, and FLCL had the same one. Give any show a chance at that slot and it will be popular simply because it is early enough to be caught. The problem is that Bleach is so goddamn horrible, I fall asleep before I get to the good shit like Durarara. I literally cannot watch an episode of Bleach and stay up. I find my college lectures more entertaining.

Oh, dear God, not that show. Bo bo bo bo bo. That was almost as bad as Rave Master.

Edited by turbojet