Awoo.

Toonami Is Back Bitches [05.26.12]

King Frosty

Everyone cross your fingers and hope that not only do they bring it back but that when it's back, it's as good as it was on April first.

So they decide to bring Toonami back when I don't have the means to watch it anymore.

Fuck you TV, I spent days trying to fix you, let you sit and cool off for months while trying to fix you every once in awhile, eventually replaced the damned satellite, set up all the goddamn cords and everything, and this is how you repay me?

Goddammit, dammit all to hell.

Edited by Pinkamena

Can it be?! Can it really be?! Please don't toy with my heart [AS]! I can't cry about it anymore!!

So they decide to bring Toonami back when I don't have the means to watch it anymore.

Fuck you TV, I spent days trying to fix you, let you sit and cool off for months while trying to fix you every once in awhile, eventually replaced the damned satellite, set up all the goddamn cords and everything, and this is how you repay me?

Goddammit, dammit all to hell.

Thrift stores man, your best friend in times of need. Found my TV in a pinch at one in 2005 and its been great to me ever since.

Edited by goku262002

Oh shit I might just have a reason to tune into CN again. I want tge old block too. Outlaw Star, Tenchi, DBZ with Bruce Faulkoner's music, big-O, Gundam, etc. Bo-Bo-Bo Bo-Bo Bo-Bo-Bo would be nice too but whatever. I expect more Tom reviews as well.

I remember when Toonami was shoved into the weekends to make room for that Miguzi shit...it was horrible.

Adult Swim said that they've been listening and to "stay tuned".

I'll take this as a definitely likely "maybe".

Whoa! They're seriously considering it? I can't wait to see what they do!

So, this might actually be....happening?

*is super jealous he lives in Canada and does not get this channel*

Cartoon Network is coming to Canada. It's going to have to Adult Swim block as well, but I'm not sure what programming it will have vs the US version.

• Thumbs Up 1

To be honest, I'm indifferent to the possibility of Toonami coming back. If it had anything on it I wanted to watch (we have no idea if it would be what everyone is hoping it would be, or the junk it turned into in its last years), I could find it elsewhere, and if I wanted to see the admittedly cool bumpers and promos that would be made for it, I could find them on youtube or something.

To be honest, I'm indifferent to the possibility of Toonami coming back. If it had anything on it I wanted to watch (we have no idea if it would be what everyone is hoping it would be, or the junk it turned into in its last years), I could find it elsewhere, and if I wanted to see the admittedly cool bumpers and promos that would be made for it, I could find them on youtube or something.

I think we won't have to worry about that at all, in fact im pretty sure they acknowledged that by using TOM's awesome looking 3rd design and not his hideous 4th one, as well as airing all the stuff that was popular and of good quality during Toonami's initial run and not the later stuff like Naruto.

Edited by The Grossenator

But the magic is lost when you do those things.

Part of the reason I miss seeing my favorite animu at a set time on TV was that back in the day, when something epic happened in a certain show, you knew that millions of others across the country was enjoying that very same moment with you, you knew that when you went to school the next day, all the kids would be talking about it. We all saw those crazy funny moments, or those epic takedowns together, at the same time, and it made it feel that much more special and amazing.

These days whenever I watch a simulcast or a stream or even a fansub of an anime on the internet by myself, all by my lonesome, that epic feeling is lost. That's the main reason I wanna see my favorite animes on TV again.

And another thing I'm tired of seeing is any anime that's not Naruto, DBZ, Sailor Moon, Pokemon, or some other older series having all the spotlight on this side of the world, while other series stay obscure forever with a fanbase that only exists in small pockets of the internet here and there. If more of the obscure series can be shown on TV again, (or for the first time in some cases,) they would finally be getting the recognition that they deserve.

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 7

But the magic is lost when you do those things.

Part of the reason I miss seeing my favorite animu at a set time on TV was that back in the day, when something epic happened in a certain show, you knew that millions of others across the country was enjoying that very same moment with you, you knew that when you went to school the next day, all the kids would be talking about it. We all saw those crazy funny moments, or those epic takedowns together, at the same time, and it made it feel that much more special and amazing.

These days whenever I watch a simulcast or a stream of an anime on the internet by myself, all by my lonesome, that epic feeling is lost. That's the main reason I wanna see my favorite animes on TV again.

And another thing I'm tired of seeing is any anime that's not Naruto, DBZ, Sailor Moon, Pokemon, or some other older series having all the spotlight on this side of the world, while other series stay obscure forever with a fanbase that only exists in small pockets of the internet here and there. If more of the obscure series can be shown on TV again, (or for the first time in some cases,) they would finally be getting the recognition that they deserve.

Agreed. its all the more fun with Live TV, I missed those moments when right after DBZ I'd ring up my friend and we chat about it.

Shonens arn't going away, there the breads and butter of the US anime industry. Without DBZ or Pokémon or Naruto we wouldn't have as open of a gateway with anime here, it would still be a niche we got those mega popular animes to thank for bringing smaller animes here too. I Expect Shonens to still be there like Bleach and DBZ but I also expect that sometime later after the block is more established that they will start bringing some new animes over like how toonami did.

I get the feeling they're trolling us. They like to do that to their viewers.

As rage put it on Retro:

>Trolling us on April fool's Day: Funny

>Trolling us long after April Fool's Day: Needlessly dickish

Doesn't mean it'll happen, but I think they will honestly look into it.

Besides they know when to fuck with us and when not to, this is a definite not to moment there not stupid they know half of the

toonami fanbase is their [AS] fanbase too. scorning us would be a HUGE mistake.

• Thumbs Up 4

Shonens arn't going away, there the breads and butter of the US anime industry. Without DBZ or Pokémon or Naruto we wouldn't have as open of a gateway with anime here, it would still be a niche we got those mega popular animes to thank for bringing smaller animes here too. I Expect Shonens to still be there like Bleach and DBZ but I also expect that sometime later after the block is more established that they will start bringing some new animes over like how toonami did.

Yeah, I know, and I don't want them too, it's just that, there's alot of newer shonens out there and even some not so new, that aren't getting as much recognition at all. I don't wanna see DBZ, Naruto, and Pokemon done away with, just focused on less by the general public in favor of expanding their interests in anime beyond just those.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well I wouldn't about pokemon since its CNs thing to deal with and Naruto is still stuck in the cold, dead, lifeless hands of disneyXD but hell I would like to see One Piece get some neglected love here too.

It leaves me curious on how there going to split the block up between the 3 types of anime we have had, the shonens and new shows, the dark/gritty [AS] stuff, and the Retro Toonami stuff.

Edited by goku262002

Considering Bleach will probably be on Toonami now, could we also get Shippuden and Kai Uncut possibly if Nicktoons and Disney decide to return them? :v

Considering Bleach will probably be on Toonami now, could we also get Shippuden and Kai Uncut possibly if Nicktoons and Disney decide to return them? :v

NO.

• Thumbs Up 2

I remember when Goku first turned Super Saiyan, it was the most talked about thing in school, for a like a whole week, yeah we kind of need Toonami.

• Thumbs Up 4

So, this might actually be....happening?

*is super jealous he lives in Canada and does not get this channel*

I know that feel... Had Cartoon Network in the years I spent in Europe, I was majorly disappointed that we don't have it back home. I'd love to see CN in Canada someday---

Cartoon Network is coming to Canada. It's going to have to Adult Swim block as well, but I'm not sure what programming it will have vs the US version.

zanies-halloween-witch-cat-hat-1.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd rather Naruto not be on the new Toonami, it's pretty crap. BEING BIASED, AW YEAH.

That's be pretty funny considering Toonami seemed to have a fetish for the show back in 2008.

Nicktoons loves Kai. LOVES it. They'd never give it up.

And I don't want Kai anyway. I want DBZ.

• Thumbs Up 2

Watching Z again last Saturday made me realize just how much more badass the show is when it has Bruce Faulconer's score. It has this almost hypnotic quality to it, whereas I usually just turn Kai on for the sake of having some background noise.

Edited by gunthər
  • Thumbs Up 6

Kai may be shinier, but Bruce Faulkoner's soundtrack just can't be beaten and the amount of cut content makes it feel...empty. I want my 10 episode screaming filler TYVM.

• Thumbs Up 1

I love Kai, I really do. The only thing it's missing is most of Faulconer's soundtrack, and a few select choices from the Japaneese soundtrack.

in particular. One of, if not, the biggest crime that was made in the original's dub was removing this song and replacing it with some shitty narration by Gohan.

While I do love Kai, having it means I can't rock out to Goku's SSJ3 theme, so give me the original DBZ.

Edited by Pinkamena
  • Thumbs Up 3

I love Kai, I really do, but Toonami and DBZ go together like toast and butter. It's kind of expected and it would just feel weird if they were apart, I'd imagine.

That's be pretty funny considering Toonami seemed to have a fetish for the show back in 2008.

Why do you think it was taken off the air?

Why do you think it was taken off the air?

Because they had the intelligence to air that 80 weeks worth of filler after the story of part 1 was finished.

Why would they do that, its like they were asking for it to be cancelled.

I'm torn about DBZ and Kai to be honest; The former has the nostalgia factor, and the epic soundtrack, and the hilarious narm, but horrible pacing issues and padding. Kai is much better paced, has superior voice acting(at least in the Saiyan/Namek Saga), and the animation is touched up.

Why couldn't Kai have the Faulconer soundtrack and cover the Buu saga, if it had that it'd godsend.

Now isn't that much more satisfying?

Edited by Shadic18
  • Thumbs Up 2