Awoo.

Toonami Is Back Bitches [05.26.12]

King Frosty

and a few select choices from the Japaneese soundtrack.

in particular. One of, if not, the biggest crime that was made in the original's dub was removing this song and replacing it with some shitty narration by Gohan.

YES. OH GOD YES. I do not have a problem saying that that song helped make that scene one of the most powerful moments in all anime, if not all animation, and it's such a travesty that Unmei no Hi wasn't used again for Kai.

But, I'm going to fight the crowd and say that I didn't think the Faulconer soundtrack fits DBZ that much. There are some exceptions, like Android 16's theme and Gohan Angers, and all of the soundtrack is by no means bad, but they just don't match with the atmosphere DBZ is meant to have. There's so much rock and folksy music in the dub score, but DBZ feels like a slow-paced atmospheric world, and they clash.

Edited by Modern Tom

But, I'm going to fight the crowd and say that I didn't think the Faulconer soundtrack fit DBZ that much.

But... but...

Vegeta's SSJ theme...

And Final Flash...

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 1

Vegeta's SSJ theme...

It's ok, but it's one of those songs that tries to sound all amazing and epic, but just doesn't cross that threshold at any point in the song.

And Final Flash...

Eeeeeeewwwwwwww hated that theme.

Eeeeeeewwwwwwww hated that theme.

That's bad and you should feel bad.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 2

I'll say Bruce Faulconer's track isn't fitting all the time, but it sure as shit got your adrenaline pumping and made you want to punch the

As for not punching the shit out of something, I like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7Tg_wjWT1g.

And, once again, I have to say, what they did to this scene is completely inexcusable.

I'll say Bruce Faulconer's track isn't fitting all the time, but it sure as shit got your adrenaline pumping and made you want to punch the

As for not punching the shit out of something, I like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7Tg_wjWT1g.

And, once again, I have to say, what they did to this scene is completely inexcusable.

You didn't like it? I mean its pretty fitting when you think about it.

Another case of Faulconer awesome:

My dick gets hard at 0:53.

Edited by Shadic18

You didn't like it?

I think it's logistically impossible to prefer the dub or the DBKai versions of the scene over the original version.

Edited by Modern Tom

You didn't like it?

I don't particular care for the English dub, which is the exact opposite of how I should be feeling when watching that scene. Gohan's narration in the dub feels lifeless for what's supposed to be an incredibly emotional scene, and the original conveys the emotion there perfectly without having Gohan give a pointless inner monologue.

Edited by Pinkamena

I don't particular care for the English dub, which is the exact opposite of how I should be feeling when watching that scene. Gohan's narration in the dub feels lifeless for what's supposed to be an incredibly emotional scene, and the original conveys the emotion there perfectly without having Gohan giving a pointless inner monologue.

..I can agree to that. If that's the case, Kai at least did that scene some justice.

I don't know why people are complaining about DBZ. Most of the fans like myself didn't even know what anime or DBZ was until Toonami showed it. It was like one big epic movie. I remember watching Kai a while ago and it just felt weird to me. Everything was really fast paced and edited strangely. And the music was just there.

Last summer I was watching DBZ episodes on YouTube after like 8 years and it's amazing how addicting it still is. I was loving it with as much passion as when I was a child. And I love Bruce Faulconer. The guy's a PhD. I didn't even know who he was nor did I know there was an original soundtrack, nor did I know DBZ was created by one man based on a manga, until my revisiting of it.

But unlike Sonic CD where the japanese soundtrack is actually awesome, with DBZ honestly after watching a few moments from the original Japanese dub, I'm so grateful they hired Bruce to redo everything. I'm being sincere when I say this, that shit sounds dated. The animation still holds the test of time, but the music sounds like it's from the 60's I'm sorry. With Sonic CD I can understand because they're both awesome and different, but with DBZ's music it's just one of those things I can't understand why people prefer the original score.

And I was mad that they cancelled Naruto. Back in 2006 and 2007 CN LOVED Naruto. They'd show it on the regular CN all the time. I was following that series just as I was DBZ, and then what did they decide. They just cancel it after Toonami ends. Like WTF!! I was in the middle of that following it from the first ep. and they just stop it. CN just sucks for that. It's bad enough they thought Boboboboshit and Zach Bell were interesting.

Who remembers a month of miyazaki? :)

Wow, I remember Toonami ever since it first aired... Didn't it start off as a spinoff of Cartoon Planet? I saw a video recently of Moltar, a character from Space Ghost (Cartoon Planet's hosts consisted of Space Ghost characters.) Launching the block's original mascot, a little UFO/Robot guy.

I hope this comes through, I'd love to see Toonami airing again. Here's to hoping that One Piece is picked up again!

• Thumbs Up 2

So yeah, sorry guys, early reports from the east side people say no Toonami or announcement tonight. shame, but I didn't expect anything since [AS] went quiet on it since wednesday and since this started as a twitter campagin, it'll probably get announced there first. So keep tweeting #bringbackctoonami whenever you can toonami faithful.

Anyways if you want to spread the word but don't want to use words, heres some videos to spread made by the Toonami Aftermath crew, the 24/7 online toonami webchannel:

Creepy how the voice-alike is soo similar to steve blum.

Edited by goku262002
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a project going around. Even Steven Blum is in support of it(He was linked to it and was told if he supported it to retweet it and sure enough, he did).

http://www.neotoonami.com/forums/index.php?topic=2327.0

It's a neat idea so I suggest looking at the link above and helping out.

Well look it only has been since apr. 4th since the last tweet from [AS], thats only 22 days ago not even a full month yet.

Blum is right, this doesn't happen in weeks but it is coming, I can feel it...

• 3 weeks later...

You should probably segmet the part that matters:

onairschedule.png

See the other lineups then see May 27th. Who knows what this means but its hopeful it means what we think it means. So far it hasn't been changed if it was mistake and [AS] hasn't spoken a word about it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Only time will tell, though doubtful about it.

surprised no one's put the ratings up from it

Edit; Sorry guys, but for some dumb reason I'm not allowed to use that image extension on this forum. So the ratings from Toonami plus the week before, plus the stats are all in the link below. 1st post.

http://dbzf.co.uk/topic/8352267/1/

Oh, and in case you guys didn't notice. Throughout April, during the bumpers AS showed Tweets about Toonami, along with the #BringBackToonami trend. They followed them all up with [we're listening] and [we're looking into it]

Ask and you shall recieve

b.510.0.16777215.0..stories3.newstemplate.trending.jpg

b.510.0.16777215.0..stories3.newstemplate.abra063.png

b.510.0.16777215.0..stories3.newstemplate.werelistening.jpg

[media=]

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 2

I would be surprised if Moltar made a cameo for Toonami's Revival. Maybe even play the pilot episode of Thundercats hehe.