Awoo.

Toonami Is Back Bitches [05.26.12]

King Frosty

I only saw a bit of Toonami last night sadly since i didn't even know it was on until one of my friends texted me!:( But what i saw brought back SO MUCH! Cartoon Network have a sick way of turning our nostalgia and emotions about this into some kind of joke. I hope that they actually use the feedback we give them for future things.

It's kinda sad when your younger bro comes in and says Toonami looks dumb. Very sad....

It's kinda sad when your younger bro comes in and says Toonami looks dumb.

Tell your younger brother that your parents are thinking of giving him up for adoption. Lay it on thick. Make him believe that shit until he breaks down in tears. That'll show him for being born later than we were.

Edited by Nepenthe
  • Thumbs Up 6

It's kinda sad when your younger bro comes in and says Toonami looks dumb. Very sad....

We can only hope he said that during Tenchi Suck-O and not Outlaw Star.

Tell your younger brother that your parents are thinking of giving him up for adoption. Lay it on thick. Make him believe that shit until he breaks down in tears. That'll show him for being born later than we were.

What do I do when he says he likes their newer stuff like Johnny test or LEVEL UP more?:P

What do I do when he says he likes their newer stuff like Johnny test or LEVEL UP more?tongue.png

Take him to your local vet and have the doctor guide him to the Rainbow Bridge. He's obviously way too far gone at this point; he doesn't need to suffer any longer.

• Thumbs Up 1

Take him to your local vet and have the doctor guide him to the Rainbow Bridge. He's obviously way too far gone at this point; he doesn't need to suffer any longer.

Nepenthe is brutal. 0_0

So many old shows I watched last night, that I now feel the need to go out and buy some of them... especially the Bandai titles because Bandai is dead.

Edited by Silencer(Tsundere Edition)

Watching the livestream, its not the same as watching live on TV but it'll do.

You Toonami fans probably hate them right now that the nastalga boner has died, But you guys should leave your postitive feedback: http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/feedback/ <- Remember, they didn't have to feed our nastalga they could've done some [AS] related but they didn't. They still love us in there somewhere and we should show them that!

Spread it around your social thingahoosits, alittle postitive encouragement does wonders. and don't make yourself look like a twat and beg, we know it doesn't work so just save it and give praise instead.

EDIT: Oh also theres a facebook thread too if you want to post there instead:

http://www.facebook.com/adultswim/posts/10150769939441745

Edited by goku262002

EDIT: Oh also theres a facebook thread too if you want to post there instead:

http://www.facebook....150769939441745

Holy crap! Twenty thousand likes and almost every comment is asking for Toonami to stay! I hope the ratings were good because good ratings along with this might make them at least consider keeping it.

20000 likes for Toonami...and their other stuff that isn't Adventure Time or Regular Show gets like what 500 at best? Even AT &RS probably don't get that much themselves.

So it begs the question now that 20,000 likes have been hit on facebook, would you guys mind the current saturday anime block [AS] runs to be replaced with a old school midnight run toonami like how it was on the 1st? that way, [AS] can still have an anime run block and the people will have its toonami back, mind you it wouldn't the full glorious return we want but hell a saturday midnight run toonami is better then no toonami at this point. Only thing is that there would have to be a nice even between [AS] animes and Toonami animes (most did start off as Toonami animes but the point stands).

I'd rather the two anime blocks just be combined.

Thats what I mean by balence. the 2 blocks can't just combine because that would be too long.

Toonami on Saturday and Amine on Sunday then? Then they can air their constant Family Guy reruns on only weekdays. To be honest and maybe a bit outspoken, I'd much rather Toonami just replace AS as a whole.

• Thumbs Up 2

Toonami on Saturday and Amine on Sunday then? Then they can air their constant Family Guy reruns on only weekdays. To be honest and maybe a bit outspoken, I'd much rather Toonami just replace AS as a whole.

Ok lets hold the phone before this turns into the facebook fiasco thats going on.

See the thing is though that anime on its own doesn't bring in the big ratings that the FOX reruns and its retarded original stuff does. Thats why anime was cut from weekdays and sunday and only on saturday late at night. not only that but Williams Street only has 1 block they can call their own atm, [Adult Swim]. its not like before where they had 2-3 blocks on CN, CN basically took back everything and runs it as their own but let WS have 1 block to call its own and run it how it wants. [AS] is basically its own channel within a channel.

So that means 2 things:

1) [Adult Swim] won't be canceled by CN because of good ratings that it gets from its original and non-original content, So WS won't replace a good thing.

2) Anime isn't going anywhere or won't be replaced by comedy blocks but it won't get any better then what we have know. WS found their balance with it thats good with them, the anime fans, and the network that overlords them.

Now what I'm saying is to take that little time we do have for our anime re-runs and turn it into a mini Toonami block, a former WS block that they still own, thats how come they were able to get it back for 1 night on their block and not some other earlier time on CN. It would still be the anime saturday night block the network wants them to have but under the Toonami moniker and, other then new Bleach episodes and a few select AS faves, would have returning Toonami favorites.

Thats my proposal.

So it begs the question now that 20,000 likes have been hit on facebook, would you guys mind the current saturday anime block [AS] runs to be replaced with a old school midnight run toonami like how it was on the 1st? that way, [AS] can still have an anime run block and the people will have its toonami back, mind you it wouldn't the full glorious return we want but hell a saturday midnight run toonami is better then no toonami at this point. Only thing is that there would have to be a nice even between [AS] animes and Toonami animes (most did start off as Toonami animes but the point stands).

I wouldn't mind it. It's beter than nothing and it gives a chance for more of those animes to be shown uncut vs cut when it was shown on the original Toonami given the time they'd be airing on.

In all my days I've never owned a twitter but goddammit, I will now!

Edit: The deed is done, linked it to my facebook page for people to see as well... If this works, I might actually have a use for my cable subscription again.

Edited by Silencer(Tsundere Edition)
  • Thumbs Up 2

...Holy shit.

https://twitter.com/#!/search/realtime/%23BringBackToonami

Just... holy shit.

If this doesn't convince them to bring it back, nothing will. It's crazy how many people are tweeting for Toonami to be brought back. I knew Toonami was popular bit not this popular.

• Thumbs Up 2