Awoo.

Toonami Is Back Bitches [05.26.12]

King Frosty

They aired Cardcaptors for a bit.

I was thinking about that. Good memory. Really good memory.

I was thinking about that. Good memory. Really good memory.

...Admittedly when I was a kid and saw that on tv I immediately thought, girly not watching.... Then when I turned 18 I watched and thoguht it was fuckin awesome. Strange huh?

I would also agree that it'd be cool if One Piece started off from the start, though, even as a fan I've gotta admit that the series starts off very slow, only getting you really hooked around the Baratie and Arlong arcs about 40 or 50 episodes in, and I fear that many people may lose interest before it got to that point, though I guess this is where word-of-mouth about the series would come in.

I was the opposite. I lost interest after Enies Lobby.

I was the opposite. I lost interest after Enies Lobby.

You don't watch One Piece episodically. You watch One Piece in increments of the interesting bits. For example, you missed the Great War at Marineford and the prison break. Awesome ensued.

• Thumbs Up 1

I find it hard to believe that anyone could confuse Madoka for an honest-to-god little girls' anime, even early on. I mean, it opens with an apocalyptic nightmare sequence; it's hard to get the message across any stronger than that.

All of this One Piece talk is reminding me that I need to get off my ass and then get back on my ass and catch up with that. It'd be really cool for it to be on TV again, anyway.

First impressions people, it's all about first impressions. This is a block to appeal to 20 something Americans on a block funded by a company that has insulted anime multiple times in the past. The right shows are needed to get sizable viewers and One Piece just isn't one of those for first impressions. It's having a hard enough time selling DVDs now.

Outlaw Star finished four times. They had to not show a crucial episode because it was too hentai.

Then it really doesn't factor into the equation does it? I'm talking about Shonen that were canceled.

Then it really doesn't factor into the equation does it? I'm talking about Shonen that were canceled.

But I am saying Outlaw Star was not just for kids and was not a Shounen, but was one of the best shows Toonami ever had.

But I am saying Outlaw Star was not just for kids and was not a Shounen, but was one of the best shows Toonami ever had.

But it wasn't cancelled, and it wasn't on Adult Swim (was it?), that's what I'm talking about. This isn't the Toonami of yesteryear, this is Adult Swim's Toonami.

But it wasn't cancelled, and it wasn't on Adult Swim (was it?), that's what I'm talking about. This isn't the Toonami of yesteryear, this is Adult Swim's Toonami.

Oh. Well yeah, you have a fair point.

Man, how fucked up would it be if they brought back Toonami, but kept Modern Tom and the current Saturday night lineup?

Edited by Nintendoga

The difference now is that the block is going to cater to twentysomethings, rather than elementary and middle school kids.

Plus, outside of Sailor Moon, no Magical Girl show has gained incredible popularity on Toonami, much less Adult Swim.

I guess it would all depend mainly on if there's enough fan demand or not.

20 something's? Does this mean we'll see boondocks on Toonami?

Okay, guys. Panty and Stocking on this block would be the greatest thing ever. No shit. It will be the most absolute beautiful thing of all time. It does not matter if it followed or was followed by Bleach, it would be amazing. Holy shit, Panty is nasty like a Herpes outbreak on a Tijuana hooker.

• Thumbs Up 5

^Turbojet. I love you--this show needs more fans, the crude humor is inspired by us Americans LOL.

This gives me hope that along with nostalgic anime shows well get to see a good number of awesome new anime.

Okay, guys. Panty and Stocking on this block would be the greatest thing ever. No shit. It will be the most absolute beautiful thing of all time. It does not matter if it followed or was followed by Bleach, it would be amazing. Holy shit, Panty is nasty like a Herpes outbreak on a Tijuana hooker.

O_O I have got to start watching this show.

is it returning for us in the UK too? I dont even think we have adult wim at all, our cartoon network is just for kids nothing else -_- I hope we get a seperate channel for Toonami like it was back in the day before changing to Cartoonito.

is it returning for us in the UK too? I dont even think we have adult wim at all, our cartoon network is just for kids nothing else sleep.png I hope we get a seperate channel for Toonami like it was back in the day before changing to Cartoonito.

Don't pray on it, compared to Americas Cable/Satellite ours is pretty poor. Last time I was away in America their Disney channel (now Disney XD) was miles better than ours (Toon Disney was even better), it still showed a lot of cartoons, a lot of old ones too.

Also I get the impression Anime is more cult here than it is in the States.mellow.png

Panty and Stocking being on the block would be awesome! I've heard good things about the show and have been waiting to see some dubbed episodes before I think about buying the whole shebang on DVD, so this would be the perfect chance for me to sample some. :)

Also, I just spammed Sgt. Frog on that Twitter question about what shows fans want on the block. THEY MUST KNOW MY PASSION! :P

Edited by chaoscontrol14
  • Thumbs Up 4

If either Panty & Stocking or Sgt. Frog were to make it into the new Toonami line-up, I may not survive the 26th, it'd be far too glorious for my feeble mind to handle.

Also has this been posted yet?

You couldn't even imagine the manly tears that were shed whilst I first listened to this.

Edited by Cero
  • Thumbs Up 1

Doesn't this amount to a rechristening of adult swim's anime block with better bumpers?

Well what do you mean by that exactly? If you're saying that all this will change is the bumpers, then you're wrong. Toonami hardly is like bumpers. The parts of the block with Tom and it's videos felt like a show in itself. Especially with good ole' TOM and his speeches and reviews, along with the great atmosphere and music, there was such a great atmosphere that is almost, if not as much, as enjoyable as the shows.

Not to mention with Toonami back we'll be getting some of the old anime that was on Toonami and new anime on it. Not only that but we'll probably be getting game reviews again which are always nice. Not to mention, we'll hopefully get one of the best things about Toonami.

Amazing videos and speeches.

[media=]

One of the most amazing things about Toonami was it's videos and speeches. The block had some really well put together videos like Pardon Our Dust as well as some really fantastic speeches like Broken Promise/Dreams.

The amazing videos and speeches are one of the things I'm hoping that will be delivered on with Toonami's return.

Edited by PeanutButterDimond
  • Thumbs Up 5

Ok, fuck the damn toonami shit, why the fuck do we get niggas like Gucci Mane signed to record deals but people with actual talent don't get shit?

Put Panty and Stocking on, actually just anything that's good, wouldn't mind seeing shows like Fairy Tail, Shiki, Ga Rei, Canaan etc, on tv, sorry just tidbits I enjoy watching tongue.png. Also the pessimists are in full force right now, so I hope this does succeed.

Edited by Silencer Tsundere
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ok, fuck the damn toonami shit, why the fuck do we get niggas like Gucci Mane signed to record deals but people with actual talent don't get shit?

• Thumbs Up 1

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE! (Well those of you without cable and internationals)

Backuptoons, the dude who got the April 1st Toonami airing on Justin.tv, Says hes continuing Toonami runs on his channel, Live and repeats!

Bookmark this page everybody:

http://www.justin.tv/backuptoons/

I'll let you know as soon as he messages me back what timezone he is in so you can tune in at those times. now everyone can watch Toonami!

• Thumbs Up 1