Awoo.

Toonami Is Back Bitches [05.26.12]

King Frosty

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE! (Well those of you without cable and internationals)

Backuptoons, the dude who got the April 1st Toonami airing on Justin.tv, Says hes continuing Toonami runs on his channel, Live and repeats!

Bookmark this page everybody:

http://www.justin.tv/backuptoons/

I'll let you know as soon as he messages me back what timezone he is in so you can tune in at those times. now everyone can watch Toonami!

Okay, guys. Panty and Stocking on this block would be the greatest thing ever. No shit. It will be the most absolute beautiful thing of all time. It does not matter if it followed or was followed by Bleach, it would be amazing. Holy shit, Panty is nasty like a Herpes outbreak on a Tijuana hooker.

I'll admit, I'm used to Family Guy and South Park and yet I really wasn't expecting anything like that.

Then again, I don't watch anime... >_>

Edited by Top Cat

Even Brits? mellow.png

If you guys can watch the channel, then yes!

Btw, he replied:

I'm in the Eastern US Time Zone. There is a full schedule with several time zones listed below the stream.

So there you go, check the EST time here:

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5/java

I would book mark that as well.

Edited by goku262002

You know, even though it's a joke...I think. I'm ok with that line-up.

I've come to realize that P&S is the only thing it really needs.

Edited by Pinkamena

One of the people who posted the bumper thought it was real and said "Jesus Christ.. please tell me they aren't considering Panty and Stocking...". No words.

On another note, the bumpers are great. i am so excited. Only a few days and the whole thing is being recorded for us to rewatch later.

Edited by PeanutButterDimond

Could care less for P&S and I thought it as an overhyped anime that was mediocre at best. I wonder if it's truly scheduled for Toonami or it's just part of the trollin'?

I'm also curious as to what the actual lineup is

I really liked PSG, and I could also care less about it being on Toonami.

Can't wait to see the real line-up.

This was never posted. this bumper aired on May 13.

Oh and because this is Toonami related, even though it's from 2009, here is a interview with the creators of Toonami.

Wait, just what is real and whats not here? I don't want to be spreading false infomation by posting those real/not real bumpers.

As far as I know, the bumpers I posted are all real. More than one person has posted them and it has been stated around what shows they aired. So as far as I know, they're real.

Anyway, it seems a lot of people Youtube are taking the line up Bumper seriously. Which is odd. It seems like a joke to me. I mean, AS wouldn't be dumb enough to air a show three hours in a row, right?

They'd be trollin, there watching us panic over the mysterious blank spots in the lineup so there taking advantage.

When do these bumpers air? I stay up until 11pm at nights and still don't see anything.

I've never seen panty and stocking before but it looks cool. I'll catch on the night Toonami comes on. It also helps that Saturday is the day after school ends for summer. Hell yes.

You know, even though it's a joke...I think. I'm ok with that line-up.

I've come to realize that P&S is the only thing it really needs.

Panty and Stocking is overrated, I liked it but I really don't see how some people found it to be the best show during its first airing in Japan. :\ But other than that, it's a fun show, I just want some nice action anime, and maybe something like Shiki, I enjoy horror shows, the slow pacing doesn't bother me, and the "us vs them" situation at the end was pretty cool. I curently have the first part on my shelf, the 2nd will come next Tuesday. Really good show, though not sure if its Toonami material. FMP, Ga-Rei Zero, Fairy Tail, etc... action shows as long as they're interesting. Fairy Tail has a chance of being a a standout, its been selling well for Funimation so they should take a chance on airing it. Of course, the only downside is Fairy Tail had a shitty beginning as far as animation is concerned.

And that lineup troll was kind of awesome. This won't be the same Toonami of the old days but I'm hoping it does its job well catering to old and new fans, maybe wise cracks about the intruder, etc...

Edited by Silencer Tsundere
  • Thumbs Up 1

Looks like Panty and Stocking hasn't been picked up for Toonami... yet. However, Funimation seems enthusiastic about the possibility of it being on Toonami and is encouraging people to let Adult Swim and Cartoon Network know that people want it on the block.

http://twitter.com/#!/funimation

Honestly, having only been introduced to the show a few days ago, I've fallen in love with it so i would be very happy to see it on Toonami. It might even give Gainax a push to make a second season to conclude that HUGE Gainax ending(Seriously, what the fuck!?).

On another note, how do you guys think the Tom and Sara parts will be for the revival? DO you think they'll have effort(The image for it;s return is so HD looking and shiny*Drools*) put in to them? Do you think we'll see more reviews? Do you think we might even see new arcs?

Also do you think we'll get quality made trailers for the shows on the block again? What about the videos like "Pardon are Dust", do you think we'll see more of those? Do you think they'll get back Peter Cullen for the promos? Do you think we'll even get more promos and speeches like "Space" and "Broken Promise/Dreams"?

In short, what do you guys expect in terms of the Tom/Sara/Absolution segments? What do you hope for? I want to know.

On another note, does anyone know if the creators of Toonami are involved in the revival? If they are, that would explain how they captured Toonami perfectly on April first.

Edited by PeanutButterDimond

What I liked about Toonami was that it wasn't just a block segment that aired tv shows, but it was a show itself, especially the specials they had like the intruder. I could connect more Toonami than any or block because they took it that step further.

Gainax is only good for their original works, everything else to me by them is bleh.

• Thumbs Up 2

I wouldn't mind seeing Gurren Lagann on AS. I know it showed on Scifi (or syfy whichever it is) but seeing on Toonami would most likely get more people into it.

I actually thought that Stocking or whoever the purple haired girl is, was just a humanized Twilight Sparkle, or vice versa actually. I saw a shitty quality episode so I got a shitty impression of it. Maybe now I'll see what it really is but the fact that the sega forums are going crazy over this show does not give me a good impression :P

What I liked about Toonami was that it wasn't just a block segment that aired tv shows, but it was a show itself, especially the specials they had like the intruder. I could connect more Toonami than any or block because they took it that step further.

Gainax is only good for their original works, everything else to me by them is bleh.

Yeah, that's what made it so popular and kept it alive for so long. It has character. TOM and Sara have defined personalities and interact with the viewers. It really feels like a show on it's own instead of just ads or bumpers. That is why it wouldn't be "a rechristening of AS's anime block with better bumpers". Toonami is a show in itself. It has a defined setting and characters with personalities and voices. That's one of the things that set Toonami apart from other blocks and made it loved. It wasn't just some shows compiled together with generic bumpers, it was a show in itself.

Hopefully, it will stay like that when the revival premieres and hopefully it's just as good if not better than May first.

• Thumbs Up 2

here's hoping they continue doing game reviews, showcasing fanart and etc. Given technology now the possibilities of what Toonami can do to interact with the fans could be amazing

Please tell me that the Panty and Stocking thing was real. Sweat merciful back lace please be real.

Please tell me that the Panty and Stocking thing was real. Sweat merciful back lace please be real.

To be honest, with Funimation backing it, and Adult Swim teasing it, I kind of wouldn't doubt its presence. Also, the release date for the dvd is in July, it would be a great time to get some publicity for it as far as sales are concerned.