Awoo.

Toonami Is Back Bitches [05.26.12]

King Frosty

Panty and Stocking is overrated, I liked it but I really don't see how some people found it to be the best show during its first airing in Japan. :\ But other than that, it's a fun show, I just want some nice action anime, and maybe something like Shiki, I enjoy horror shows, the slow pacing doesn't bother me, and the "us vs them" situation at the end was pretty cool. I curently have the first part on my shelf, the 2nd will come next Tuesday. Really good show, though not sure if its Toonami material. FMP, Ga-Rei Zero, Fairy Tail, etc... action shows as long as they're interesting. Fairy Tail has a chance of being a a standout, its been selling well for Funimation so they should take a chance on airing it. Of course, the only downside is Fairy Tail had a shitty beginning as far as animation is concerned.

And that lineup troll was kind of awesome. This won't be the same Toonami of the old days but I'm hoping it does its job well catering to old and new fans, maybe wise cracks about the intruder, etc...

To be fair, Fairy Tail doesn't really start taking off until the Galuna Island arc, so that's understandable.

What worries me is promotion of the shows and Toonami. CN doesn't advertise for [AS] at all, including letting them have commercials for daytime. Before, Toonami used to have commercials all the time during the day. But now, Williams street is restricted to only night time ad runs right now its all word of mouth thats not gonna garner allot of new attention.

Hopefully Social Media will bring in the new fans.

Edited by goku262002

I actually thought that Stocking or whoever the purple haired girl is, was just a humanized Twilight Sparkle, or vice versa actually. I saw a shitty quality episode so I got a shitty impression of it. Maybe now I'll see what it really is but the fact that the sega forums are going crazy over this show does not give me a good impression tongue.png

Those idiots over at the sega forums might be idiots but those idiots are right about Panty and Stocking, but that doesn't excuse them for being idiots. Though, they might be overrating it, because it was entertaining but not amazing like the Gainax goggle wearers want it to be.

Edited by Silencer Tsundere

For me it was amazing in the sense that they returned the favor and attempted a "cartoon" similar to how some studios over here try to attempt "anime." In the future I would actually like to see studios from both sides of the pond continue trying new things like that; maybe over time, the line that divides the styles may begin to blur a little.

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 3

How would they explain the TOM changeovers? Maybe they'll say something like "Oh, uh, Tom 4 was so shaken by the axing of the original run that right after he said "Bang" his circuits went haywire and he blew up. What do you mean it ruined the emotional moment?"

How would they explain the TOM changeovers? Maybe they'll say something like "Oh, uh, Tom 4 was so shaken by the axing of the original run that right after he said "Bang" his circuits went haywire and he blew up. What do you mean it ruined the emotional moment?"

"Stay Gold. Bang" Those words were hard to hear. Besides that. Awesome Cowboy Bebop reference. As for how would they explain TOM's Revival. Who knows. hahaha

Considering that they didn't bother to explain how TOM went from 3 to 4 and where all of the other robots and the new home base came from, I don't think it's that important in the long run.

• Thumbs Up 1

What the hell's a Shrillex?

A Skittle thats has long hair and glasses and is obsessed with the WUB, WUB, WUB, WUB! smile.png

Fuck yes Casshern Sins! I did NOT expect that at all. Been meaning to check out Deadman Wonderland for a while but never managed to, so that also interests me. Other than that, I'd say that there's too much that I associate with AS and not enough Toonami-ish stuff, but I guess that'll all come back over time. Can't really complain much.

Shame that they're on such a tight budget, but it's rather unsurprising at the same time. I really hope that this block manages to rake in the ratings.

Edited by gunthər
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hmmm. Never did watch Deadman Wonderland. Isn't that the series with that weird Kyuubey/Ammy looking chick who's pretty much nude?

... So it's seriously going to start at midnight? wtf?

I can understand the limited resources, but I don't see how timeslots would have anything to do with it.

Edited by Solkia-kun

Ah.. that's expected Toonami has to to prove itself via an audience hopefully if it gets a big enough audience every weekend it can come back to it's former glory and be fully revived seems like they're testing the waters at this point.

Good luck to those in the USA(that watch it) and I hope you can bring in the ratings and prove to them that Toonami is worth a fully fledged tv block!^_^

I can understand the limited resources, but I don't see how timeslots would have anything to do with it.

Edited by VisionaryBlur

Well, I believe that the network is putting Toonami through training grounds. You see, they don't want the best slots (the early stuff like 9PM) to be taken by what could prove to be a bad risk. So they want to see how dedicated the fanbase would be to watching Toonami and are thus putting it at the hour that isn't as risky to their regular programming. If Toonami proves itself well enough, chances are that Williams Street will move it to earlier hours.

Edit: Kinda ninja'd

Don't worry too much about the time. If the fanbase proves to be dedicated enough for about a year (or maybe half one if they're THAT dedicated) Toonami most likely will be promoted to 11 or 10:30. (Don't get any hopes for the 9PM slot ever being taken.)

Remember this is a new start not everything we want is going to be there right away. Were starting from ground zero again, its up to us to keep watching if we want any of our demands forfilled!

I feel bad about not being any DBZ (fucking Nicktoons, I knew it was adventually going to bite us on the ass) but i'm sure other classics will return soon were probably going to get 1-runthough of each show then have it rotate around between Classic and New.

Hah, guess thats why DisneyXD dropped Naruto then! VIZ your being too stingy!!

Edited by goku262002

hrmm, I'm okay with this I guess.

Kinda bummed about no DBZ, but I'll still support Toonami, even if I haven't heard most of those shows before.

I've also been interested in Casshern since Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. Seems like the right fit to me!

Edited by Crow T. Robot

Here's a link.

http://www.theouthousers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=82440

I guess it makes sense that it would have to prove itself again. Still, that shouldn't be difficult. Good word of mouth and the dedicated fanbase that brought the show back will hopefully be enough to keep the block getting good ratings. The fanbase has been wanting the show back for years and now that it's back, I''m sure they won't let it go that easily.

Also nice to know that one of the creators of Toonami is still working on it.

Jason DeMarco's twitter.

http://twitter.com/#!/clarknova1

Here's hoping at least Saturday will be filled with some epic promos for both the block and the shows.

Theres allot stacked against them, I kind of feel bad for them since they don't have allot of freedoms as, oh, early 2000s when the block was still running day and night with plenty of promo time.

We really gotta give them our support this time around. hopefully they will set up social media outlets for toonami so we can get more of a word out to a greater audiance without having daytime TV promos.

I've also been interested in Casshern since Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. Seems like the right fit to me!

Though the TvC appearence was based off the older show, while Sins is meant to be a much darker version of the story.

Edited by Ekaje

12:00 to 2:30 is a really fair time anyways for a Saturday midnight schedule when the target audience is mostly teens, and it's a good mix of fan-favorites and new material.

I didn't think they'd be able to build a massive juggernaut lineup right off the bat anyway for a block that got reinstated merely a month after a fanservice day. What this really is, is the start of a new beginning. It has the potential, and hopefully, it can be seen through.

• Thumbs Up 5