Awoo.

The opportunities of a new Sonic show down the line.

VO.SUPER

Blur, do you have an account on SEGA Forum?

Why don't you try this topic there as well?

Who knows, maybe one of the mods from ST may check it and take some tips...

Actually, the Looney Tunes show isn't too good of an example since it is a comedy. However, I see where you're coming from, I guess I can accept that it is Earth, but not an Earth of our time really, maybe something set in the far future, after a nuke war, just something to explain the anthros running around.

It doesn't really need an explanation for anthros running around, imo. It would probably over-complicate things.

Actually, the Looney Tunes show isn't too good of an example since it is a comedy. However, I see where you're coming from, I guess I can accept that it is Earth, but not an Earth of our time really, maybe something set in the far future, after a nuke war, just something to explain the anthros running around.
  • Thumbs Up 7

When the main setting is Earth, and it's set in times that look vaguely modern, and it is an action show, an explanation would be nice so as to prevent it from being a running gag as to why there are anthros running around, especially when we've seen so few. In my opinion it just seems to break immersion when there's not at least, "some explanation" when set in modern times.

If the population is predominantly human, then I can see where you're coming from. If it's a problem, then all they would have to do is balance out the ratio of the Human:Anthro populations so it isn't "awkward". As Dio said, you're thinking about it too much.

Edited by Spider-Man Noir
  • Thumbs Up 1

You're thinking about it too much.

It's just Earth.

Surely you've read/watched things with magic or superscience or ghosts or mutants or any of a million fictional concepts that, nevertheless, took place on Earth, just Earth, no special qualifier needed, no alternate history, no post-apocalyptic regrowth, no blatant "THIS IS AN ALTERNATE EARTH" sign hanging from the door, just plain old Earth in a fictional story which has things not on the actual real-life Earth because it is fiction.

Yeah, you're right.

I disregarding the fact that the current topic has moved on to address this:

DGMN Adventure is based on DGMN World 1 for PSX, as far as I remember. The series was to just have 13eps, the file island arc, but it's popularity made it go longer.

This is actually false. Digimon Adventure is based on Digital Pet toys in Japan, much like those Neopets that were somewhat popular in the late 90s. Digimon World came after the fact. Digimon Tamers was also meant to popularize the card game. The only video game series that influenced the anime series was Digimon Adventure 02: Tag Tamers for the inclusion of Rio in Tamers.

• Thumbs Up 1

I disregarding the fact that the current topic has moved on to address this:

This is actually false. Digimon Adventure is based on Digital Pet toys in Japan, much like those Neopets that were somewhat popular in the late 90s. Digimon World came after the fact. Digimon Tamers was also meant to popularize the card game. The only video game series that influenced the anime series was Digimon Adventure 02: Tag Tamers for the inclusion of Rio in Tamers.

Yeah, but I never said the Digital Pet Toys weren't the first of it, just said that the game prompted the series.

Both came out on the same year but the series started a couple months later as publicity to the Digital Pet Toys and the PSX game...

Edited by XRick

Fuck a show...

We need a Movie!

Imagine a 1 hour 45 minute CGI movie with Unleashed Intro graphics with...good scripting and storytelling...

Sega been really missing a chance on that man, but I would want to believe that the budget would be rather high...

I think though Sonic is popular enough to hit high on the box office...I mean ALVIN and the Chipmunks does good in box office :I

Edited by Voy-Boy
  • Thumbs Up 1

Fuck a show...

We need a Movie!

Imagine a 1 hour 45 minute CGI movie with Unleashed Intro graphics with...good scripting and storytelling...

Sega been really missing a chance on that man, but I would want to believe that the budget would be rather high...

I think though Sonic is popular enough to hit high on the box office...I mean ALVIN and the Chipmunks does good in box office :I

Edited by Zinos
  • Thumbs Up 3

I'd like to see someone try and pick up from the the 'Sonic The Hedgehog' anime (Sonic OVA) but It'll probably not happen...

Any way, I'd be enthusiatic to see another Sonic TV series come to light, cautiously so though.

Edited by Mysterics

I usually don't like animated movies that're actually pilots for animated series. You get so much epicness from an animation and writing stand point in the movie, and it lures you in, and then the series based off the movie comes out months later with lower-grade animation and writing as if different people are handling the whole thing, and it feels like a big downgrade.

I must admit that I have a thing for the opposite outcome though, when an animated TV show starts off small, rises in popularity, and eventually has a great movie as a sort of a series finale; the writers, voice actors, and animators already used too, and attached to the characters, all having years of experience behind them- diving in and stuffing all their individual talents into said movie for one last hurrah and celebration of the series as a whole before it's all over. I miss when animated shows did that actually..

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 5

I'd quite like to see a direct-to-video film (or films), like the animated movies DC and Marvel have been releasing. A S3&K adaptation in this way would be great, but I'd also be very happy with a well-written, original story.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't get the calls for having a show traipse along storylines already covered by the games. What would be the advantage?

I don't get the calls for having a show traipse along storylines already covered by the games. What would be the advantage?

Edited by Chaos Warp

• Thumbs Up 1

Fancy animation? Adaption Expansion?

The only games that would benefit from that would be Adventure. Everything else has aged well enough that animating it wouldn't be of major benefit, I don't think.

And the only people who would really care about the second enough to want the entire show to be based around it would most likely just end up getting pissed at the answers it does give out. It happens in anime all the time.

The only games that would benefit from that would be Adventure. Everything else has aged well enough that animating it wouldn't be of major benefit, I don't think.

That's kind of the point people were making, they wanna see what happened in those games animated well enough.

And the only people who would really care about the second enough to want the entire show to be based around it would most likely just end up getting pissed at the answers it does give out. It happens in anime all the time.

Plus its kind of pointless to have a complete retelling of the game.

That's kind of the point people were making, they wanna see what happened in those games animated well enough.

Plus its kind of pointless to have a complete retelling of the game.

Well, I'm one of those people, OK?

What's the problem of wanting to see the games' stories from another plane?

And maybe with even try to amend the continuity...

Edited by XRick

Well, I'm one of those people, OK?

What's the problem of wanting to see the games' stories from another plane?

And maybe with even try to amend the continuity...

Why does it have to be a retelling, there's really nothing wrong with the original game, so what purpose what an adaption serve?

I remember I once wrote a lengthy post on the SEGA Forums - I think it was back in 2010 - how my personal ideals would go regarding a new Sonic show. I can't remember much of it and will try to find it, but I'm fairly sure it was different than most people's opinions.

For the time being, I'll go ahead and say I'd be all for it. I'd prefer the plots to be fairly unique but have both old and new zones. The characters getting recognition that might not cause haters to hiss at them simply for existing would be ideal as well.

Why does it have to be a retelling, there's really nothing wrong with the original game, so what purpose what an adaption serve?

It could have original content, allright (as long as it's good enough), but I really wanted to see animated the games' stories.