Awoo.

The opportunities of a new Sonic show down the line.

VO.SUPER

I&'d like adaptions. Though early on they'd have to mess around a bit with continuity.

Episode 1: Sonic 1; Sonic meets Eggman for the first time

Episodes 2-3: Sonic meets Tails; Sonic 2

Episodes 4-6: Sonic CD; Some filler on Eggman building Metal Sonic; Ends with Sonic and Tails flying off on the Tornado; Amy goes home

Episodes 7-10: Sonic 3 & Knuckles; At the end Sonic tells Tails he wants to go off on his own adventure for a bit

Episode 11: Sonic 4 Episode 1

Episodes 12-?: Sonic 4 Episode 2-?

After that there can be some arcs specially made for the series, too, but also adapt the later games.

1-2 episodes each are enough for Sonic 1 and 2. Sonic 1 is Sonic only, so you'd have to get through that quickly to introduce the others. Starting with Sonic CD they have more episodes. Sonic 4, I dunno, since the story isn't done yet. Episode 1 should only need 1 episode, though. That would also be his completed solo adventure so Tails and Knuckles can easily join him in the rest of the adaption. That's why I split them.

Edited by MarcelloF

1-2 episodes each are enough for Sonic 1 and 2. Sonic 1 is Sonic only, so you'd have to get through that quickly to introduce the others. Starting with Sonic CD they have more episodes. Sonic 4, I dunno, since the story isn't done yet. Episode 1 should only need 1 episode, though. That would also be his completed solo adventure so Tails and Knuckles can easily join him in the rest of the adaption. That's why I split them.

Edited by XRick

My goodness man, that's as straight to the games as one can get, and that's the wrong way to go. If anything, the Genesis games need filler as a whole for their story arcs in order to be manageable length. 1 episode from Sonic 1 is not really developing the situation of the planet or even expressing the power of Robotnik. Your idea for episodes leaves next to nothing for development of character. All it does is run fast without even stopping to catch a break.

My goodness man, that's as straight to the games as one can get, and that's the wrong way to go. If anything, the Genesis games need filler as a whole for their story arcs in order to be manageable length. 1 episode from Sonic 1 is not really developing the situation of the planet or even expressing the power of Robotnik. Your idea for episodes leaves next to nothing for development of character. All it does is run fast without even stopping to catch a break.

Yep, I thought so too...

Then what do you think of my approach, Blur?

Also, MarcelloF, check this, it may give you an idea of how I think the Death Egg Saga could be:

Edited by XRick

I disagree. 1 episode is quite enough for Sonic 1. Not much is there to do that.There's no reason to try and make Eggman look like a huge villain quite yet. There's enough of that in the Sonic 2 and 3&K arc. And the threat wasn't as big as later in the games.

And character development? That's nothing that has to be in one arc, in should go over all arcs.

Edited by MarcelloF

I disagree. 1 episode is quite enough for Sonic 1. Not much is there to do that.There's no reason to try and make Eggman look like a huge villain quite yet. There's enough of that in the Sonic 2 and 3&K arc. And the threat wasn't as big as later in the games.

And character development? That's nothing that has to be in one arc, in should go over all arcs.

I'm sorry but in what world do you live?

What we want is not some carbon copy of what the games had to offer, we want a story, a STORY!!!

Sonic1 barely had what it takes to make an arc out of it, hence we being in need of some extra stuff to make Eggman be portrayed as a villain right off the bat.

The story have to begin on a great light or else it wouldn't be captivating despite later on bringing deeper plot stuff.

Also, I thought just like that about Sonic1's plot until I saw the interview to Eddie Lebron about what Sonic Fan Film may offer us. That made some lights shine on my mind...

Edited by XRick

Yep, I thought so too...

Then what do you think of my approach, Blur?

Also, MarcelloF, check this, it may give you an idea of how I think the Death Egg Saga could be:

Ok, for Sonic 1, I'd say three episodes is still too small. South Island is Sonic's home, so there should be plenty of people Sonic knows for development and such. Plus, this is our first look at Eggman so we need to also devote some time to him as well as he is going to be very different in this appearance. Because they're meeting for the first time, Sonic and Eggman are barely in the buds of developing their rivalry. Not to mention the world would need some development of its own because, let's face it, whether the planet is Earth or not, it's still far enough from our Earth to warrant explanations of how life is there. I'd go with 10-13 episodes.

The Death Egg Saga needs to be focused mainly on the relationship between Sonic and Tails, especially in the beginning stages. There's a fanfiction called, "Rising Star" which pretty much details everything I'd ever want to see in the initial arc, and I'd say that's the equivalent of 10 episodes right there. For Sonic 3 and Knuckles, I think a lot of development needs to go to Knuckles and his perception of events going on around his island, along with some backstory and all. I'd guess that'd equal a whole 5 episodes when adding build up. So a 15 episode season.

Sonic CD is a weird one, there is literally nothing to add without changing much of the dynamic of the story, so I'd say that Sonic CD should be a TV special.

We know jack about Sonic 4 though, so we'll have to see.

It really isn't. I mean, South Island is Sonic's home, and it's pretty much his time for backstory, and the fact that Eggman is invading his turf is already reason enough for Eggman to be qualified as a top dog villain at the time.

It still is Eggman's first appearance, and certain development is still needed for characters like Sonic. We barely know anything about him as is, and his first appearance is good time to at least give us some clue as to who he is.

Edited by VisionaryBlur

Ok, for Sonic 1, I'd say three episodes is still too small. South Island is Sonic's home, so there should be plenty of people Sonic knows for development and such. Plus, this is our first look at Eggman so we need to also devote some time to him as well as he is going to be very different in this appearance. Because they're meeting for the first time, Sonic and Eggman are barely in the buds of developing their rivalry. Not to mention the world would need some development of its own because, let's face it, whether the planet is Earth or not, it's still far enough from our Earth to warrant explanations of how life is there. I'd go with 10-13 episodes.

The Death Egg Saga needs to be focused mainly on the relationship between Sonic and Tails, especially in the beginning stages. There's a fanfiction called, "Rising Star" which pretty much details everything I'd ever want to see in the initial arc, and I'd say that's the equivalent of 10 episodes right there. For Sonic 3 and Knuckles, I think a lot of development needs to go to Knuckles and his perception of events going on around his island, along with some backstory and all. I'd guess that'd equal a whole 5 episodes when adding build up. So a 15 episode season.

Sonic CD is a weird one, there is literally nothing to add without changing much of the dynamic of the story, so I'd say that Sonic CD should be a TV special.

We know jack about Sonic 4 though, so we'll have to see.

Wow, wow, wow! Wait a sec! Now we're seeing it differently here...

There's no need to such a large number or eps for a good character development, a few seconds or minutes per episode can make wonders, there's alot of it in Anime...

Really, SonicX's method of approach was for me the best way they could work an adaptation of the games.

Also, South Island isn't Sonic's home, Sonic1's jap manual clearly states that he's just on passage there when the events start unfolding.

And where can I see that "Rising Star" fanfic? So I can get an idea of what you were meaning...

Edited by XRick

Wow, wow, wow! Wait a sec! Now we're seeing it differently here...

There's no need to such a large number or eps for a good character development, a few seconds or minutes per episode can make wonders, there's alot of it in Anime...

Really, SonicX's method of approach was for me the best way they could work an adaptation of the games.

Also, South Island isn't Sonic's home, Sonic1's jap manual clearly states that he's just on passage there when the events start unfolding.

And where can I see that "Rising Star" fanfic? So I can get an idea of what you were meaning...

Really then? I thought that it was his home in the Japanese manual. Well, then I guess the Sonic 1 story would have to be condensed to 5 episodes. But it still is Robotnik's big appearance and I'm certain Sonic would need some catching up on the situation. Plus, I hated the Sonic X method of going through the game storylines, they were way too short, and barely too time to take advantage of the opportunities of being shows rather than games. Remember, this is a whole new medium dedicated to storytelling through words and imagery, with no gameplay interfering.

Here's the fic: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2726841/1/Rising_Star

Really then? I thought that it was his home in the Japanese manual. Well, then I guess the Sonic 1 story would have to be condensed to 5 episodes. But it still is Robotnik's big appearance and I'm certain Sonic would need some catching up on the situation. Plus, I hated the Sonic X method of going through the game storylines, they were way too short, and barely too time to take advantage of the opportunities of being shows rather than games. Remember, this is a whole new medium dedicated to storytelling through words and imagery, with no gameplay interfering.

Here's the fic: http://www.fanfictio...1/1/Rising_Star

Precisely! Take out the gameplay and with how much do you think we'll be left with...

You're basically wishing for big events to happen in each game's each stage, and that's a bad idea.

Also, there's no need for long conversations, a few lines and a couple of actions can make the deal.

SonicX only failed because they had expendable elements filling time that could have been better used for their adaptations. It really was quite the curse... (I've been wrongly writing dispendable xD)

Believe me, what the games and whatever else may have of plot wouldn't be enough for that many number of eps...

Edited by XRick

Precisely! Take out the gameplay and with how much do you think we'll be left with...

SonicX only failed because they had expendable (I've been wrongly writing dispendable xD) elements filling time that could have been better used for their adaptations. It really was quite the curse...

Believe me, what the games and whatever else may have of plot wouldn't enough for that many number of eps...

That's not what I meant. Those "expendables" were only so because they were terrible, but in fact they were more needed than you think since many of the games can not be translated straight or else they come off as lackluster arcs. That's the point of adding details and making new development. It's necessary as straight adaptations are. Utter. Garbage.

• Thumbs Up 1

That's not what I meant. Those "expendables" were only so because they were terrible, but in fact they were more needed than you think since many of the games can not be translated straight or else they come off as lackluster arcs. That's the point of adding details and making new development. It's necessary as straight adaptations are. Utter. Garbage.

If those "elements" are not like those of SonicX, yes they're welcome, but I'd still prefer the story to stick mostly to what the games offer so I could have an animated vision of what the games show us, which can come out as a bit different in the end.

Edited by XRick

If those "elements" are not like those of SonicX, yes they're welcome, but I'd still prefer the story to stick mostly to what the games offer so I could have an animated vision of what the games show us, which can come out as a bit different in the end.

Straight adaptations are the worst adaptations, especially for many video games. Because in Sonic's case, his video games pre-adventure barely have enough story to last for 2 episodes without seeming repetitive and formulaic. His adventures after 1 can barely last 5 episodes if played straight. Filler is just the facts that have to be faced, or else it just makes the stories lackluster for their new medium.

• Thumbs Up 1

And you can show who they are in about one episode. I'd give it at most one more. 5 episodes is way too much. You'd have to add so much stuff or else it'd suffer under slow pacing even more. 1-2 episodes would be enough to show us who Sonic and Eggman are and not drag on.

And you can show who they are in about one episode. I'd give it at most one more. 5 episodes is way too much. You'd have to add so much stuff or else it'd suffer under slow pacing even more. 1-2 episodes would be enough to show us who Sonic and Eggman are and not drag on.

A show cannot live under Sonic and Eggman alone though, and Tails and Knuckles are barely qualified as time wasters otherwise. Filler is necessary in order to fill up the schedules of these old games, especially when the atmosphere drastically changes for Sonic Adventure onwards. Am I suggesting more characters and details that potentially deviate from the games? Yes. Yes I am.

• Thumbs Up 1

Again, have any of you seen this? I don't think it's looking bad at all, at least people at SEGA Forum seemed to like it.

It may give you an idea of how I think the Death Egg Saga could be...

I'll also be waiting for Sonic Fan Film to have some ideas of how a prequel tied to Sonic1 could look like...

Also, Blur, what I'm getting from your vision is that you'd prefer it if it looked like one of those American series with a bunch of eps with side-stories just to show a bit of the story's world in each ep.

Well, I don't like that, I prefer direct approaches to things instead of just beating around the bush...

Edited by XRick

A show cannot live under Sonic and Eggman alone though, and Tails and Knuckles are barely qualified as time wasters otherwise. Filler is necessary in order to fill up the schedules of these old games, especially when the atmosphere drastically changes for Sonic Adventure onwards. Am I suggesting more characters and details that potentially deviate from the games? Yes. Yes I am.

That's what I'm saying. Hence, why making the Sonic 1 adaption go on too long would be crazy. I gave Sonic 3 & Knuckles 5 episodes, which is enough to explain everything we need to know and give these characters the development needed. And after that there's still the Sonic 4 arc which would give them some more air to develop. Before that Tails already has the Sonic 2 and CD adaptions. Amy shouldn't have much more development until Adventure. Before Adventure I'd put some "filler". One with Sonic, Tails and Knuckles and a short one with Sonic only leading to a short timeskip to Adventure.

That's what I'm saying. Hence, why making the Sonic 1 adaption go on too long would be crazy. I gave Sonic 3 & Knuckles 5 episodes, which is enough to explain everything we need to know and give these characters the development needed. And after that there's still the Sonic 4 arc which would give them some more air to develop. Before that Tails already has the Sonic 2 and CD adaptions. Amy shouldn't have much more development until Adventure. Before Adventure I'd put some "filler". One with Sonic, Tails and Knuckles and a short one with Sonic only leading to a short timeskip to Adventure.

But that is next to no time to even know the characters. That is probably 13 episodes to move to a time skip? That's less than a years run for developmen. Not everything about development should be confined to the modern games onward, especially when it comes to straight adaptations.

Again, have any of you seen this? I don't think it's looking bad at all, at least people at SEGA Forum seemed to like it.

It may give you an idea of how I think the Death Egg Saga could be...

I'll also be waiting for Sonic Fan Film to have some ideas of how a prequel tied to Sonic1 could look like...

Skipping from Green Hill to Scrap Brain? You might as well choke the air supply to the show.

As for the Sonic 2 idea, I agree with some of your ideas, however, I don't think the Saga should be split up from level to level, just like how I don't think Green Hill to Scrap Brain is a good idea. Level to level is just an awful approach that just screams "formula" and "repetitive". I didn't like it in Coraline, and I wouldn't like it here.

No, I'm one of the fellows who liked DragonBall Z's extension of the Saiyan Saga vs DBKai's cut of the saga. I like developing enough for character because it's the journey that matters, not the destination.

But that is next to no time to even know the characters. That is probably 13 episodes to move to a time skip? That's less than a years run for developmen. Not everything about development should be confined to the modern games onward, especially when it comes to straight adaptations.

That's more than enough. Man, Marcello is thinking it too short but you're thinking it too long!

Skipping from Green Hill to Scrap Brain? You might as well choke the air supply to the show.

As for the Sonic 2 idea, I agree with some of your ideas, however, I don't think the Saga should be split up from level to level, just like how I don't think Green Hill to Scrap Brain is a good idea. Level to level is just an awful approach that just screams "formula" and "repetitive". I didn't like it in Coraline, and I wouldn't like it here.

In terms of "Game", to which that topic was directed, ST wouldn't go as far as bringing all levels at once, that'd be simply crazy. They'd have to cut it to just the amount needed for the story to flow nicely and to please the fans.

No, I'm one of the fellows who liked DragonBall Z's extension of the Saiyan Saga vs DBKai's cut of the saga. I like developing enough for character because it's the journey that matters, not the destination.

Let me tell you something you may or not know about DBZ/DBKai...

Kai is how the series should have been, were it not always right behind the manga during it's weekly releasing.

And some of the extra stuff Z had were to me utter garbage, like you said before.

Extra fighting time, filler episodes which were simply crap, events that would later clash with the real plot, damn!

If those fillers are not well planed and only serve to stall for time then it'd be better for them to not be there!

Character development can be well made in a short time, without the need of entire episodes for that...

Edited by XRick

That's more than enough. Man, Marcello is thinking it too short but you're thinking it too long!

In terms of "Game", to which that topic was directed, ST wouldn't go as far as bringing all levels at once, that'd be simply crazy. They'd have to cut it to just the amount needed for the story to flow nicely and to please the fans.

Let me tell you something you may or not know about DBZ/DBKai...

Kai is how the series should have been, were it not always right behind the manga during it's weekly releasing.

And some of the extra stuff Z had were to me utter garbage, like you said before.

Extra fighting time, filler episodes which were simply crap, events that would later clash with the real plot, damn!

If those fillers are not well planed and only serve to stall for time then it'd be better for them to not be there!

Character development can be well made in a short time, without the need of entire episodes for that...

I did know, I did know and I liked Z's version of the arc better. The Freeza arc is what you're thinking of me right now. I'm thinking of the Saiyan arc though. I want reasonable filler that allows for development of character without compromising the overall plot of the story. If you want incredible filler, let me point you to One Piece, a show that is incredibly long, but manages to capture some incredible character moments aside from the manga probably being worth half of the show's time, and the filler is probably some of the best I've ever seen in an anime because it only serves to enhance character interactions rather than mindlessly slow down the plot.

I did know, I did know and I liked Z's version of the arc better. The Freeza arc is what you're thinking of me right now. I'm thinking of the Saiyan arc though. I want reasonable filler that allows for development of character without compromising the overall plot of the story. If you want incredible filler, let me point you to One Piece, a show that is incredibly long, but manages to capture some incredible character moments aside from the manga probably being worth half of the show's time, and the filler is probably some of the best I've ever seen in an anime because it only serves to enhance character interactions rather than mindlessly slow down the plot.

That's the difference between us.

To me, fillers are crap to which I don't see any kind of character development or is the kind of unneeded development, are mostly time stalling, and I hate when they make me wait for the story to pick the manga back again.

Only a small handful of filler arcs from Bleach & Naruto seemed worthy to me.

And One Piece... I stopped watching it because it's mostly crappy fillers dragging the series for too long! THE HATE!!!

Edited by XRick

That's the difference between us.

To me, fillers are crap to which I don't see any kind of character development or is the kind of unneeded development, are mostly time stalling, and I hate when they make me wait for the story to pick the manga back again.

Only a small handful of filler arcs from Bleach & Naruto seemed worthy to me.

And One Piece... I stopped watching it because it's mostly crappy fillers dragging the series for too long! THE HATE!!!

Then I think it is best that we agree to disagree since we're both so far in opinions. However, I will say that our ideas seem pretty similar, only they're different lengths.

My only statement here is that there's no need for unneeded fillers just for character development when just a few spoken lines and a couple of actions is the enough to tell us all.

Remember that Sonic is an action story, not some kind of novel.

Edited by XRick

My only statement here is that there's no need for unneeded fillers just for character development when just a few spoken lines and a couple of actions is the enough to tell us all.

Remember that Sonic is an action story, not some kind of novel.

But it's not a picture book either. Action stories can be well developed with a good amount of episodes. Digimon Adventure-Tamers taught me that well enough.