Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

http://youtu.be/qnC9IDJma6M

COMES OUT IN THEATERS IN NOVEMBER, WHICH MEANS SUB VERSION SOME TIME IN 2014.

Which means Noel waits even longer as he waits for a lincensed copy... or imports... whichever I feel is best.

• Thumbs Up 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFMSE1FMpjI

And now for a retro rewind of Slayers randomness, thought this was amusing.

Wonder if it'll ever get dubbed with Atlus' current situation.

That's up to whoever licenses it.

Old school anime time!

A couple of years ago I was really into Jungle Emperor (aka Kimba the white lion) by Osamu Tezuka and there was this one series I always wanted to see which came out in 1989, so it was sort of like the 1980's Astro Boy. However, I could never find subs of this series which annoyed me since I don't speak too much Japanese. Then a few days ago, I find a channel on Youtube which actually had a couple of subbed episodes from episode one onwards! I was super happy of course. =D

I'm at episode four now and it's pretty good, not amazing but I'm enjoying it still. The animation is obviously quite dated but the music is very nice! I think the OP song is probably one of the best I've heard! And dat ED...just look at the cuteness! <3

I have heard that the series gets hella dark as it progresses though, so I hope that doesn't stop me from watching it. I don't like super violent anime much, especially when it gets really OTT a la Elfen Lied.

:o! What's the name of the channel? I haven't seen that anime in ages and it's something I'd love to watch again!

Death Note is my favourite anime so far. I'm rewatching the entire series at the moment. I'll then move onto the live-action movies.

Currently following, Sunday Without God. I am loving this anime, the first 3 episodes could probably stand on their own as a 3 episode OVA.  So far its been my favorite, and Ai is so cute. smile.png

Also, episode... my eyes won't stop sweating ;A;

Edited by Noel

Just finished watching "Girls und Panzer" VERY awesome series about school girls that drive tanks and fight other schools in tournaments, who knew that cute naive school girls would turn out to be fantastic tank operators.

A Certain Magical Index has taught me that no matter how much your life may suck, all of your problems can be solved and a massive lot of women will fall in love with you with a simple punch to the face. It doesn't matter what or who.

• Thumbs Up 2

If there's one thing I learned from the second Cardcaptor Sakura movie it's that sometimes, people who artificially create life can be flat-out cruel to their creations, using the very powers they gave them as an excuse . Man, Clow should have lowered the positive power of the 52 positive, thus less negative for The Nothing, no being trapped under a mansion. Gods, this movie still holds up after seeing it eight years ago.

994269_532671210122294_1910281213_n.jpg

A Certain Magical Index has taught me that no matter how much your life may suck, all of your problems can be solved and a massive lot of women will fall in love with you with a simple punch to the face. It doesn't matter what or who.

If only life was so simple. Who cares about school and other responsibilities when you can punch the fuck out of anything, causing a ridiculous amount of women (even by harem anime standards) to fall in love with you? According to one of the light novels, Touma managed to bring home 10 women when he got drunk one night.

Also, A Certain Magical Index, Rosario + Vampire, Sora No Otoshimono, Is this a Zombie?, Sekirei and Date A Live (amongst other harem comedies) all taught me that no matter how much of a loser and/or a pervert you may be, if you are a genuinely kind, compassionate person, you'll get tons of emotionally unstable hawt wimminz with super powers to fall in love with you. /Never would happen in real life

Edited by Tomoki

One of my earliest anime obsessions was Ojamajo Doremi. It wasn't actually my first anime (that would probably be Speed Racer, no joking Tornado), but it was definitely the first that I was interested in while consciously aware of its Japanese background. Although I didn't get to actually watch it until years later, I discovered tons of music from the show and even made one of my very best online friends via a popular site at the time.

Ojamajo Doremi is, all the way, my all-time favorite anime. And like Sean, the first I watched while knowing the real background. Hell, I even collected all the toys in the US save for ONE of the talking dolls that I JUST couldn't find ANYWHERE. I even have some Japanese stuff, including some cds =)

If I remember correctly, other Anime that was on the same block was Kirby, Sonic X, Tokyo Mewmew (called Mewmew Power in the states)

I grew up with dial-up, so my only source of anime for a long time was from 4kids, sadly... unless I went into town and DL'd episodes on wi-fi.

I also have a vague recollection of watching a few episodes of Cardcaptor Sakura online years ago...

the most recent Anime I watched was FullMetal Alchemist. Both of the animes. in English. I have the second half of the first series on dvd... Loved both to bits and pieces, but prefer Brotherhood because I REALLY didn't like how the frst anime ended, and hated the first movie even more. have yet to get around to watching the second movie.

So I've watched two pretty good comedy anime series recently. Both off them were created by the same people, and I can definitely see the similarities.

The first one was "Working!!". It's a show about a group of weird people working in a family restaurant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4CzIw-iUn0

Emphasis on "weird".

The other one is currently ongoing, and it's called "Servant x Service". It's about the same as "Working!!" premise-wise, except replace the restaurant with a civil service office ward. There's only 4 episodes out right now, but I'm really enjoying this show a lot.

Also, I have to add: Both shows have amazingly catchy opening songs.

So to anyone who's watched AoT(which should be everyone it's amazing(:

Does anyone else suspect that the Colossal, Armored, and Female Titans are humans?

So to anyone who's watched AoT(which should be everyone it's amazing(:

Does anyone else suspect that the Colossal, Armored, and Female Titans are humans?

SPzky.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

I kind of guessed that part. Annie is way too prominent in the intro for coincidence.

And I'm going to go out on a limb here and sugget that Reiner is the armored titan.

I kind of guessed that part. Annie is way too prominent in the intro for coincidence.

And I'm going to go out on a limb here and sugget that Reiner is the armored titan.

do you really want to know ;w;

i'm trying so hard not to spoil ya ;A;

Finished watching Gargantia was okay, nothing really happened until the 8th episode.

Thinking of dropping Dangan Ronpa. I love the game but the episodes feel so cramped and you can point out what they've cut so they can fit an entire investigation and trial in 22 minutes.

And still to this day nothing has surpassed Magicka Madoka.
With that said I'll download S2 of Oreimo to keep me busy while I wait for new episodes of Highschool DXD S2, Rozen Maiden (2013) and Neptunia.

Uh.. well I'd rather guess.

But it's so obvious.

Obvious isn't what I'd call it, but a.) I've only read the manga, and b.) considering there's an already running manga that has the answers to this particular question it's kind of easy to find out the truth if you want to spoil yourself.

IDK if the anime version is more obvious though

Some guy figured out this twist like 2 months before the reveal by looking at manga panels really closely so that was awesome. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Uh.. well I'd rather guess.

But it's so obvious.

Tell me about it; I read spoilers first, but given everything in the intro, it just kinda smacks you in the face.

• Thumbs Up 1

Glad I'm not the only one watching. Love the way Kirakishou is made.

521673_552020541520694_1559777225_n.jpg

Yes, the character design is really amazing in this anime, I'm a fan of the water coloured backgrounds myself.