Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

So having been too impatient for episode 2 of Watamote, I went and read the translated manga and so far... Damn, it's so harsh and had me on the verge of tears with the shit she has to go through, that and well... I wasn't kidding when I said I can relate almost identically with this girl... It certainly raised some dark times from my youth that I really wish hadn't surfaced...

Its a surprisingly dark series when you think about it, but that's where most of the comedy comes from.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3AekHQy6lc&feature=player_embedded

A four-minute long trailer's been released for Studio Ghibli's new film, The Wind Rises. Written and directed by animation legend Hayao Miyazaki, the first film of his since Ponyo in 2008. It's set to come out in Japan tomorrow, but there's no say on a US release just yet. All I know is that I'm excited and everything in the trailer looks gorgeous.

Edited by Felix

Despite reading the manga up to the current issue I also decided to check out the anime of Watamote, im surprised that it was pretty faithful to the manga (except for that.....dark ass opening, lol). Ill be sure to keep up with it.

Bahahaha

I love Lieutenant Armstrong's sister. 

Just fucking kills a top branch officer, throws his body in a concrete pool and doesn't give a shit.

• Thumbs Up 1

Currently looking for anime that is really weird, like Mushi-shi. Also trying to get into Bleach, but I gave up a long time ago on the "rescue Rukia" arc, so looks like I have hellish amounts of reading to do.

Bleach just goes downhill from there, so don't bother.

Weird anime? I think you've already seen Bobobo, that's the only one I know of.

I like how Bleach goes from crap, to not so crappy in the current arc. Makes you wonder what Kubo was smoking.

I like how the series has so much boob humor that they gave the fucking swords large breasts

I like boob jokes, but jfc.

Old school anime time!

A couple of years ago I was really into Jungle Emperor (aka Kimba the white lion) by Osamu Tezuka and there was this one series I always wanted to see which came out in 1989, so it was sort of like the 1980's Astro Boy. However, I could never find subs of this series which annoyed me since I don't speak too much Japanese. Then a few days ago, I find a channel on Youtube which actually had a couple of subbed episodes from episode one onwards! I was super happy of course. =D

I'm at episode four now and it's pretty good, not amazing but I'm enjoying it still. The animation is obviously quite dated but the music is very nice! I think the OP song is probably one of the best I've heard! And dat ED...just look at the cuteness! <3

I have heard that the series gets hella dark as it progresses though, so I hope that doesn't stop me from watching it. I don't like super violent anime much, especially when it gets really OTT a la Elfen Lied.

• Thumbs Up 1

I bet Fairy Tail has surpassed both; they made plot points out of fanservice.

Really? The only one I can really think of is the Magical Games where they had what was essentially a model show in one round (which was originally a battle).

http://youtu.be/qnC9IDJma6M

COMES OUT IN THEATERS IN NOVEMBER, WHICH MEANS SUB VERSION SOME TIME IN 2014.

Edited by Marik Ishtar
  • Thumbs Up 2

Welp it took me fucking forever but I finally managed to get into Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and I'm wondering why the fuck I didn't get into this a lot earlier.

One of my friends is a big fan of the series and always seems to bring it up. And so I heard about the 2012 anime that adapts parts 1 and 2 which is good, though it feels abridged to me. No part 3 yet but they're getting to it.

Anyways its a great series. The conflict between Jojo and Dio is certainty a memorable one. Jojo is constantly being tormented by Dio in someway and he does his best to try to beat Dio and Dio just makes things worst. Honestly though I've never seen a bigger dick in anime than Dio. He's done a lot of shit with no remorse, even before his transformation. Watching these two go at it was great. Also it has an awesome OP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lnsY4vmDm4

WATCH IN GLORIOUS HD!

It gets me pumped to watch the show for sure. I suppose I've been gushing about The Phantom Blood a bit too much so random talk about Battle Tendency. I do like Joesph Joestar since he's just a manipulative bastard and is one step ahead of his enemies. And I'm not sure what to think of the Pillar Men yet but its not good for everyone that's for sure.

And one last thing before I post.

SPEEDWAGON! DO SOMETHING USEFUL! MAH GAWD!

Ok I'm done gushing about this.

Finally got around to watching Attack On Titan. What the fuck? This series is amazing. The animation, the sound, the everything. Even the intro was spectacular.

Currently looking for anime that is really weird, like Mushi-shi. Also trying to get into Bleach, but I gave up a long time ago on the "rescue Rukia" arc, so looks like I have hellish amounts of reading to do.

What kind of weird are you looking? Because I can think of 2: One old and the other not so old:

One is Dotto! Koni-Chan which I can't find anything in english or JP on YT

The other is Excel Saga

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K50l-9RNBo8

EDIT: And I think that Naruto SD enters in that category...so that'd be 3

Edited by Deadly Zec

What kind of weird are you looking? Because I can think of 2: One old and the other not so old:

One is Dotto! Koni-Chan which I can't find anything in english or JP on YT

The other is Excel Saga

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K50l-9RNBo8

EDIT: And I think that Naruto SD enters in that category...so that'd be 3

Anything that isn't too realistically violent nor over the top with the sex jokes. I may look into Naruto SD, didn't like the main series, is SD really that weird in a good, funny way?