Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

"Computer guys can never just do anything. That'd be too easy. They gotta spend all day telling you how they'll do it."

Oh Matt you magnificent bastard no wonder I had a little boy boner for you as a kid.

• Thumbs Up 1

Busy watching ALL THIS DIGIMON on Nicktoons, and...

Well, even when I was 9 I didn't understand why Etemon sounded like Elvis.

Still great, though. It's the episode where Tai goes all stupid and Agumon digivolves to Skullgreymon.

Oh man, after many years of being banned from watching Digimon during my childhood, (I dunno some religious bullcrap. It scarred me for life is all I can say) I've actually started to watch it again. 

Good god, the dialogue is probably the corniest I've ever heard in a while... and yet there's something I find really charming about it. Maybe it's due to nostalgia, but the corniness of it all really has a saturday morning-esque charm that kinda puts a smile on my face.

I adore Digimon, I've been into it quite a lot lately. The first, third and fifth seasons are my faves, especially the third and fifth. I finished Savers just last week and WOW, I've never been so engrossed by a Digimon series before, really something.

Also this isn't 500% related to anime but, I strongly recommend that any Attack on Titan or Pokémon (or both) fans check this out, because it's insane;

I have no idea who has the time to make something like this.

TRIGGER has officially launched kickstarter for Little Witch Academia 2

Personally I don't think it needed a second episode, I'm starting to think Kickstarter is going to be a big problem for this, as cool as it is to see it continue, I wanted to see it stay as a sweet little short, some sweet perks though.

$150,000 funded within 6 hours of going live, clear demand for a second episode, but I'm still in the minority of wanting it to be it's own OVA project.

Edited by Super Soniko
  • Thumbs Up 5

but I'm still in the minority of wanting it to be it's own OVA project.

Same here.

Just watched Stella Jogakuin Koutouka the other day and it's great!

This happened to be my favorite scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXmBsGKR9WA

Edited by AdventChild

Not sure I like the idea of a lofty kickstarter for just one OVA.

Those ~30 minutes will be over quickly :/

I understand it's very expensive to make things with such high quality animation, but.. as a potential investor I wouldn't feel it was worth the time value.

But wow it reached the goal quickly.

EDIT: However I love that anime studios are becoming more interested in communicating with western audiences, until very recently anime was only ever really made with Japanese audiences in mind.

Edited by SuperLink
  • Thumbs Up 2

So I watched, "It's Your Fault I'm Not Popular"/WataMote or whatever. It was funny and yet also kind of depressing. The opening theme caught me off guard too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRwWLJH2K38

Edited by Noel
  • Thumbs Up 2

So I watched, "It's Your Fault I'm Not Popular"/WataMote or whatever. It was funny and yet also kind of depressing. The opening theme caught me off guard too.

My life in a nutshell.

I really want to get round to watching this, hey we have the same eyes too.

I'm trying to watch the episode right now, but I can't get past the intro. It's too awesome!

title_ponyo_by_the_sea_blu-ray.jpg

Still going on with that Ghibli marathon and decided to take a little small detour. I finally got my Ponyo Blu-ray in the mail yesterday afternoon, and with it being 4 years since I saw it in theaters back in 2009, I thought it'd be nice to revisit my first ever Studio Ghibli film (and it's better than having to trudge through finishing fucking Tales From Earthsea.) I'll say that it's just as great as it was since I saw it originally in theaters. I even loved it so much that I went to see it three times back while it was out. Multiple viewings in the theater something I do very seldom for movies. The animation and art direction are top-notch, and

(expcted for any Hayao Miyazaki film, really.) I found the story to be a very nice throwback of Hayao's earlier films encompassing childhood fantasy (see Laputa and My Neighbor Totoro), and it was just generally a sweet and heartwarming story. I don't think I'll ever personally get the hate for this movie. It's not on the level of Miyazaki's best, but it's still great for what it is.

So I watched "My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU" today...and I gotta give props to the main protagonist (Hachiman).

264434_548233301900601_1202120286_n.png

This dude was REAL AS FUCK. That's not something you see in a lot of slice of life stuff. Probably one of my favorite anime protagonists of all time.

His monologues were really well-written, and some of them really hit home for me (especially the "Nice Girls" one).

I just wanted to say thank you. You guys have already 'made' me read One Piece and Ultimo, and although I've only read one volume of each, I really like them and plan on reading more of them.

FUCK

Watamote is my new favourite everything EVER.

Never have I related to an anime protagonist so much, It's like watching "Me the Anime" oh my god.

It's so good, SOOO GOOD, fucking making that intro theme my ringtone!

*Death Metal Scream*

• Thumbs Up 1

FUCK

Watamote is my new favourite everything EVER.

Never have I related to an anime protagonist so much, It's like watching "Me the Anime" oh my god.

It's so good, SOOO GOOD, fucking making that intro theme my ringtone!

*Death Metal Scream*

Having read most of this manga, this puts an interesting spin on how I view you

Having read most of this manga, this puts an interesting spin on how I view you

Oh? I'd love to know, how exactly.

So I checked out Ninja Nonsense when I got it at random from Rightstuf and tried Muromi-san. I was expecting them to be funny, but instead they were so bad that I am selling my NN soon and not finishing Muromi. Mystic Archives of Dantalian was okay at first, but the ending was way too sudden.

Also saw the start of the new Rozen Maiden... was disappointed that it was just an overly condensed recap of the first manga series, at least I got to hear how Kirakishou sounds now.