Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

Cowboy Bebop wasn't on Toonami until recently lol.

Personally I never really cared for the ending of Cowboy Bebop. The last two episodes feel like they belong to a different show. Mood whiplash if you know what I mean.

I don't really get what you mean. It was the conclusion to Spike's story arc, how does it belong to a different show? The tone wasn't out of place at all. Bebop was just as serious as it was comedic. 

Edited by SuperHighSchoolLevelAsshat

Cowboy Bebop wasn't on Toonami until recently lol.

I don't really get what you mean. It was the conclusion to Spike's story arc, how does it belong to a different show? The tone wasn't out of place at all. Bebop was just as serious as it was comedic. 

I swear I remember watching it back then on Cartoon Network. I know Outlaw star was for sure on toonami. Must have been Adult Swim then or something. I honestly don't remember a whole lot.

I swear I remember watching it back then on Cartoon Network. I know Outlaw star was for sure on toonami. Must have been Adult Swim then or something. I honestly don't remember a whole lot.

Adult Swim had Bebop and Toonami had Outlaw Star. Bebop woulda been edited to hell and back if it were for on kid's block in the early 2000's.

We had Outlaw Star and Cowboy Bebop over here on Cartoon Network's short-lived 'CNX' channel (for older, kewler d00ds) back in 2002-03. Bebop is still one of my favourite shows (anime or not) to this day, but I was never able to find legitimate PAL DVDs for Outlaw Star so it's been a loooong time since I've seen it. I remember it being the first time I'd ever seen a typical gratuitous hot springs episode (Tenchi might have had something, but that was heavily edited and I had very little interest in watching it), which was almost shocking (but hilarious) at the time, as I'd never expected such a thing to be shown right there on TV. =P

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm honestly not sure if I prefer Samurai Champloo or Cowboy Bebop at this point. Both had no notable flaws that bother me enough to bring them up (... well, there was that one shitty filler episode of Champloo with the zombies), but while Champloo was a bit more fun overall, Bebop's ending was the epitome of perfection.

Is Kids on the Slope any good?

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm honestly not sure if I prefer Samurai Champloo or Cowboy Bebop at this point. Both had no notable flaws that bother me enough to bring them up (... well, there was that one shitty filler episode of Champloo with the zombies), but while Champloo was a bit more fun overall, Bebop's ending was the epitome of perfection.

Is Kids on the Slope any good?

Yeah I think its pretty good honestly. I love the music.

Are there any fans of rosario + vampire here? Either the manga or anime. I've been reading/watching for a short while now and it's quickly become my favourite Anime. Sure it's silly and not to be taken seriously but it's good fun. :)

Are there any fans of rosario + vampire here? Either the manga or anime. I've been reading/watching for a short while now and it's quickly become my favourite Anime. Sure it's silly and not to be taken seriously but it's good fun. smile.png

That depends; the Anime & Manga are completely different for the most part as far as plot goes.

That depends; the Anime & Manga are completely different for the most part as far as plot goes.

From what i gather The anime skips a few arcs that are in the Manga and the Manga probably has more of a serious tone than the anime but they still seem to be enjoyable. Though, i could be wrong. I do need to read more of the manga really.

Edited by Elseb

Are there any fans of rosario + vampire here? Either the manga or anime. I've been reading/watching for a short while now and it's quickly become my favourite Anime. Sure it's silly and not to be taken seriously but it's good fun. smile.png

I like the manga of Rosario + Vampire, but I don't care for the anime.

From what i gather The anime skips a few arcs that are in the Manga and the Manga probably has more of a serious tone than the anime but they still seem to be enjoyable. Though, i could be wrong. I do need to read more of the manga really.

The anime skips a few arcs and the 2nd season has little to nothing to do with the manga, making the 2nd half pretty much an "In name only" adaptation. As for the manga, I like it for the most part but the Fairy Tale Arc has been dragging for too long, in my opinion. The pacing in this arc is just way too slow for me. Thank God, it looks like it's reaching the climax, so hopefully it will be ending soon and we can get a new arc afterwards.

Edited by Tomoki Sakurai

Speaking of R&V, new chapter bitches.

Yeah, this arc is really starting to drag.

Just read it. Finally things are starting to get interesting!

Gykoro's motives are driven by jealousy towards Akasha because Issa loved Akasha more than her? Seems Legit. Now she's fused with Alucard and Tsukune and pals are all fired up and ready to defeat her using the real super power of

teamwork boobies!

Edited by Tomoki Sakurai

Anyone ever seen Maze: The Megaburst Space? I only saw a little, but considering it's like a mecha in a fantasy setting (vaguely like Escaflowne), made by Satoru Akahori (Saber Marionette, Sakura Wars, Sorcerer Hunters) and it's a gender-bender that comes with alternate personalities, I may have to see it all. Thoughts?

Just read it. Finally things are starting to get interesting!

Gykoro's motives are driven by jealousy towards Akasha because Issa loved Akasha more than her? Seems Legit. Now she's fused with Alucard and Tsukune and pals are all fired up and ready to defeat her using the real super power of

teamwork boobies!

That last chapter was just a massive cocktease wasn't it

Everyone: We saved the day yaaaay!!!

Gykoro: Lolno

Ahh well, at least the rest of the group is together, and my OTP continues to become canon. what? MokaxTsukune? Pfft, no MizorexKurumu, all of the Yuri.

Also, I can't wait till we see what Issa's deal is.

• Thumbs Up 1

I should continue watching Japanese Folktales...yes, I enjoy watching that even though it's meant for kids. Shush, I like Japanese folklore! >.>

Anyway, our Pokemon Society has been doing film screenings of the Pokemon movies. I recently saw Pokemon: Power of One again after more than 10 years (!) and I still like it as much I did back then. It's just so much better than Mewtwo Strikes Back, I don't know why! Lugia... <3

We're going to see the Entei one next which I've actually never seen, but I haven't heard good things about it. Has anyone here seen it?

• Thumbs Up 1

Finally got back to watching One Piece again and managed to finish Thriller Bark.

After coming of the emotional roller-coaster that was Water 7/Enies Lobby, Thriller Bark was one of the more sillier and fun arcs with it's focus being very geared towards horror elements (very Tim Burton esque), with talking corpses, zombies, ghouls, ghosts, spider monkeys, what have you. Overall I can say I enjoyed it, I like it a smidge more than Skypiea because I managed to enjoy it the whole way through rather than halfway in.

As I said, the horror land appearance really Thriller Bark a cool personalty of it's own, all the unique zombies and creatures they Oda has thought up are kind of interesting and also pretty funny (the Spider Monkey being top contender), and I actually found the science in how they function to be pretty interesting (with the whole Shadow deal). I found the mook squad to be a lot more interesting and entertaining than what we had with CP9

Let's talk about Brook, initially I thought he was introduced a bit to early as a member of a the Straw Hats, especially after all the crap they had to go through to get Franky on the team, and I also thought he was going to be a one note character, how fucking wrong was I.

I can't believe they actually made a call back to Laboon the whale, whom we saw lord knows how many episodes ago, and they managed to connect his and Brook's backstories wonderfully .

The flashbacks to all the times Brook had with his crew, captain, and Laboon were really nice to see, as it really helps to give those extra layers to Brook's character.

The scene where Brook and his crew sing their final song as they all die from poisoning one by one (as the song gets simpler and simpler) had me in fucking tears, that was hard to watch.

In the end I think Brook is going to end up being one of my favorite characters.

The villain is...okay. His mannerism and design remind me of the joker somewhat, and his ability to take one's shadow is a pretty interesting one, overall though he doesn't do much for me. He's not very threatening, and when he actually does decide to fight it's a pretty pitiful one tbh. Though I suppose the whole point of his character is that he makes others do the work for him.

Zoro is a fucking badass, like really fucking badass. His fight with Brook's shadow was pretty intense and I liked how it ends with Zoro looking like the loser but the shadow practically admited defeat when he tosses his sword to him and Zoro grabs it triumphantly. Zoro is also te one who seems to put up the biggest fight with Oz before Luffy shoes up. And do I even have to mention that scene where Zoro is forced to endure all of Luffy's pain and suffering by Kuma's orders. He told that he would die from the experience (after all, Zoro is adding the damage he already took onto Luffy's damage), but instead of dying like a chump, he takes it LIKE A BOSS, and acts like nothing happened when he was confronted by Sanji about it (who promptly shit his pants when he saw). Zoro is awesome.

Now for some random opinions

-Chopper's moment when he ranted to Dr. Hogback on the value of human life was seriously awesome. And Cindry's betrayal was equally so.

-How did that Zombie Lion guy survive getting his Shadow sucked out? Was he alive the whole time?

-As always, Usopp's fight ended up being the most entertaining, there's just something about seeing how someone who against the odds managing to pull out a victory in the end, and the the final part where he tricked the Ghost Princess into passing out was comedy gold.

-Robin's wing arms are so ridiculous because there are about a hundred ways why that shouldn't have worked.

-Nightmare Luffy was pretty fucking cool, I like how it took him 5 minutes to do what the others have been trying for nearly an hour to do. Him utterly beating the shit out of Oz was really satisfying to watch.

-However, the Straw Hat Crew working together to finally defeat Oz was even more so.

-Damn Kuma, u scary!

Overall I really enjoyed Thriller Bark, not one of the best arcs, but it was still fairly satisfying to watch.

We're going to see the Entei one next which I've actually never seen, but I haven't heard good things about it. Has anyone here seen it?

I like it, I think it's a pretty good Pokemon movie. The stuff with Molly and her sadness over her parental figures is pretty sad, it's quite pretty to look at, and the fight between Entei and Charizard was a real treat.

Edited by Soniman
  • Thumbs Up 2

I don't know if there are any Fairy Tail fans, but I thought I share this article anyway.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-03-02/fairy-tail-anime-tv-run-to-end-on-march-30

So, the anime series is going to end at the end of the month.

I'm curious what you guys think about this series and this news?

I haven't watched much myself, so I have no clue how well received this series is, as of recently.

Edited by canderson
  • Thumbs Up 1

I think it's because the anime is so close to the manga, and they don't wanna pad things out. I'm pretty sure once the manga gets reasonably ahead the anime wil begin again. From where it's at, I bet it's going to end with Natsu & Gajeel vs. Sting & Rogue.

• Thumbs Up 1

They recently did an anime-exclusive filler arc that took a good amount of time to finish to pad things out and they're STILL really close. So, it is probably a hiatus

• Thumbs Up 2

So, after hearing all the praise it gets almost anywhere I go on the internet, I watched the first episode of Panty and Stocking last weekend, and then marathon'd the rest directly afterward. If you couldn't already tell from my current avy and sig, I instantly fell in love with the show. The art style, the music, the humor, all of it, its just fantastic. Going into it, I've heard it was pretty raunchy and whatever, but damn, it was way worse than I expected. Not even in a bad way, either. I was expecting a few F-bombs here and there, but holy shit, its literally almost every other word, and its fucking hysterical. When I watched the first episode, and saw that they had to fight a literal giant blob of shit, I knew I was in for a wild ride. But that ending, man. Now I've heard Gainax likes to troll with their endings and what not, but holy shit. I sat there, staring at the screen with my jaw wide open. I'm pretty sure I said out loud, "What the fuck just happened?" If there ends up being no season 2, I will be sorely disappointed. Seriously, get on that, Gainax.

I know I'm a little late on watching this, but if you still haven't seen it and like an abundance of cursing and sex jokes, watch it. Its well worth it.

• Thumbs Up 3

I mean that the mood and tone of the last two episodes of Cowboy Bebop feels completely different from the other episodes. Different to the point that I feel like I'm watching a different show.

Again, I still disagree and can't seem to understand what makes it out-of-place. It was the climax of the show and the big end to Spike's arc, so it's not unheard of for it to be darker and more series. The stakes were raised. Shit hit the fan bigtime. Spike had to face all of the skeletons in his closet, which the series was leading up to. It didn't feel odd, it was just the big finale. What were you expecting from it?

Also, the episode before the final two was also very sad. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Little Witch Academia came out in Japan. Patiently waiting for a means for me to watch it and continue following glorious Imaishi.

Anyone who thinks TTGL shouldn't be recommended because it's overrated is silly. It's overrated because the fandom thinks it created a new genre of robots when it actually just copied everything from Getter Robo, but it did so with love. It's a great love letter to the super robo genre with a great plot and animation, and definitely recommendable.

• Thumbs Up 3