Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

From the guy who made Panty and Stocking.

Trigger, that's the name of the studio. But Gainax guys are on it and the guy who worked on TTGL and Panty and Stocking.

I'm in the minority that thought Gurren Lagann wasn't the greatest show in the world, but was a decent watch. Panty and Stocking had some clever things going for it, but I found it pretty disgusting at times... average at best, overall.

That said, I absolutely love their edgy style of animation and ridiculous fight scenes, so I'm actually very interested in what this studio will come up with. I'll be keeping an eye on their projects.

Edited by Emperor Robrainiac
  • Thumbs Up 2

It was obvious long ago, but I guess this is concrete proof that we won't be getting a PSG season two.

Which is fine by me, honestly. The "cliffhanger" at the end of the show seemed more like a joke ending parodying typical Gainax resolutions rather than an actual set-up for what's to come. If they were to make another season they would probably have ignored the last minute entirely.

Plus PSG was only good when it focused on the fights, which it didn't for most of the entire middle.

• Thumbs Up 3

I guess I'll read Molester Man. Not much of anything going on today.

EDIT: Lol this guy is a dork, I like it so far.

Edited by Dan Forden
  • Thumbs Up 2

Just finished reading Molester Man. All of my feels, man. I love it! It's the best romance story I've read in a while. The characters are well-written and their interactions are very realistic. I found that the protagonist, Molester Man, is a very relatable guy and goes through the same issues many young people today face. It shows how strange, funny, and crazy life can be. From getting accused of being a stalker and potential rapist to having a crush on the person who just caused you to go through that shit to

falling in love with one of the accuser's close friends.

It's funny, dramatic, happy, sad, and all-around heart-warming. Glad I took the time to read it! I highly recommend it.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the art style is fantastic. The whole thing is drawn in pencil (no ink!), making it stand out from most manga, and it's very well-drawn too!

Edited by Tomoki Sakurai
  • Thumbs Up 4

loli jugs

that is all for now, I shall be back when I'm finished.

Kansai is the best character so far, too bad Sean already got a Kansai avatar :<

Edited by Solkia-kun

Lllama really knows how to party.

tumblr_mhuvb3FOjN1rdhs82o6_250.gif         tumblr_mhuvb3FOjN1rdhs82o1_250.gif

The only problem is he can't handle the morning after.

tumblr_mhva6qmV231rdhs82o1_500.gif

I love this show. ; _ ;

Currently loving the yuri classic, Revolutionary Girl Utena, touching, most would expect a comedy of crude humor, but no, this touches on fairy tales, interracial homosexual romances, and the pretty boys are jerks instead of "perfect," ah, art. RIP Tomoko Kawakami.

Now I am debating whether to get the Unico and Galaxy Express 999 DVDs from Discotek or not.

loli jugs

that is all for now, I shall be back when I'm finished.

Kansai is the best character so far, too bad Sean already got a Kansai avatar :<

I was reading that panel in your avatar, and thought to myself "This is something Solkia would use" and wouldn't you know it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm actually really getting in to this manga. I don't want to stay up all night finishing it, because I just got my sleep patterns back, but if I don't it'll probably keep me up anyways thinking about it.

What do

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm actually really getting in to this manga. I don't want to stay up all night finishing it, because I just got my sleep patterns back, but if I don't it'll probably keep me up anyways thinking about it.

What do

Dude, it's Saturday, FUCK SLEEP AND KEEP READING.

What do

Sleep is overrated.

As for SAO and Bakemontegari: Episode 2 & 3...time seems to fly in the SAO world, and holy crap this show wastes no time in showing people dying left and right, like holy shit. So, can anyone tell me what's up with Kirito at the end of Episode 2? Like, why did he suddenly become a jackass and take the blame for everything in that episode, was their a point to it?

Hitagi is one crazy biatch, and Koyomi is amazing, why? Because he beats up a grade school girl and fucking laughed about it, shit was hilarious.

What do

I ended up staying up past 1 AM last night reading this manga. Fuck, it was addictive. I kept wanting to know what happened next, so I had to force my self to stop and go to sleep and finished it earlier today.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sleep is overrated.

As for SAO and Bakemontegari: Episode 2 & 3...time seems to fly in the SAO world, and holy crap this show wastes no time in showing people dying left and right, like holy shit. So, can anyone tell me what's up with Kirito at the end of Episode 2? Like, why did he suddenly become a jackass and take the blame for everything in that episode, was their a point to it?

Hitagi is one crazy biatch, and Koyomi is amazing, why? Because he beats up a grade school girl and fucking laughed about it, shit was hilarious.

The person who died from the boss was also a Beta Tester IIRC, so Kirito probably acted like that to make sure the rest of the party hated him and didn't want to continue to work with him.

Because the writer wanted Kirito to be an edgy outcast who was both respected and feared but didn't want to give him an actual personality. So he's a jerk for a minute before going back to being as flat as possible so all the adolescent male readers could project themselves onto him.

After watching the entire K-ON! series I must say...

...I really want a spin-off, new series, whatever for Death Devil.

Death Devil has quite an interesting story and we only get little snippets of what they've done through pictures and Sawako's little flashbacks that are rather rare. They had their own adventures and I wanna see what they did. ;A;

Edit: ....

I found the model guitar Sawako uses and its a fucking limited edition guitar too. I'm so gonna buy it now. Sawako has taste.

Edited by Crow the BOOLET
  • Thumbs Up 2

I wanted to ask for some of your opinions regarding Fate/Zero.

I've finished Fate/Stay Night a while back and am considering checking this series out as well.

Is Fate/Zero worth a watch?

Currently loving the yuri classic, Revolutionary Girl Utena, touching, most would expect a comedy of crude humor, but no, this touches on fairy tales, interracial homosexual romances, and the pretty boys are jerks instead of "perfect," ah, art. RIP Tomoko Kawakami.

Now I am debating whether to get the Unico and Galaxy Express 999 DVDs from Discotek or not.

Fucking Ikuhara. Troll of the century. Once you finish Utena, watch Penguindrum.

Fucking Ikuhara. Troll of the century. Once you finish Utena, watch Penguindrum.

What do you mean? I only saw 1/3 of Utena so far.

Well I just finished Molester Man and

Holy shit is this good. 

I was kind of worried at first this was going to be the "boy meets cute girl, her friend is skeptical and gets in the way" crap

Boy did it throw a curveball, I never would have thought He would have ended up with Kansai. Well played writer.

Good god, I usually hate the otaku stereotype characters, but Molester was so hilarious, even in the most serious moments I would crack up from facial expressions and the stupid shit he said like this:

ghmhgh_zps2419022e.png

thisface_zpsdb59f270.png

^this one especially jfc

fdsdsdsdsds_zpsdd60a7d5.png

sdsdsdsd_zps0787763b.png

Kansai is also an awesome character. She's cute, funny, and a total badass who still has a feminine side.

and

and

and

<3

EDIT: I still can't fucking believe he bought an onahole the night before a date with Kansai. I lost my shit cracking up the entire chapter

Yeah I fucking suck at summaries but ok then \o/

Read it >:U

made an edit

Edited by Solkia-kun
  • Thumbs Up 6

Just finished reading all the Manga I could find of Black Rock Shooter, including watching the OVA movie and the anime series. I really need to see if I can some how get the psp game of this series now @_@ <3

Well the manga series isn't finished yet, it's still being made, only 3 volumes out at the moment, well... For innocent Soul there is.

There's various manga around the BRS franchise, some gag/comedy ones, some based on the Game verse and then Innocent Soul's original series that isn't based on anything.

Yea I read the game one (which got me interested in the game ) Innocent Soul's I read that one first cause it seems many liked it, so they told me to read it first. But hopefully they keep our dishing the Manga cause im honestly so hooked to this series in general. Hell... im getting figures / statues of the characters now @_@ <3