Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

Man I wish I could have gotten more irl people into Madoka Magica, I failed miserably at almost every turn. Doesn't help that my Uni's anime society totally died.

Sometimes I remember how huge a Madoka Magica fan I was a year or so ago and I shiver.

Man I wish I could have gotten more irl people into Madoka Magica, I failed miserably at almost every turn. Doesn't help that my Uni's anime society totally died.

Sometimes I remember how huge a Madoka Magica fan I was a year or so ago and I shiver.

...I am still a huge fan... I bought all of the GSC figures, the japanese bluray and the official US Limited Edition releases. I wish I had a display case for Ultimate Madoka though.

• Thumbs Up 1

...I am still a huge fan... I bought all of the GSC figures, the japanese bluray and the official US Limited Edition releases. I wish I had a display case for Ultimate Madoka though.

I bought the US Limited Editions too but man were they overpriced. I don't have too many figures but someday I really hope to get that Ultimate Madoka figure because wow it's amazing.

I bought the US Limited Editions too but man were they overpriced. I don't have too many figures but someday I really hope to get that Ultimate Madoka figure because wow it's amazing.

They were super expensive, Aniplex is the only company that does expensive releases like that.  But, I wanted it bad enough lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

Same, I wanted it so much that I was willing to pay it, it was only a once-in a lifetime payment afterall :3 (of like £210)

I'm getting the Godoka Figma. I just wish that I bought the Figmas of the other girls in their Magical forms when I had the chance.

Still gotta buy the American DVD's. I'd love to see the show again in an underped format.

Anyone here read Yumekui Merry/Dream Eater Merry? The premise isn't anything too original (ordinary(?) high school boy meets mysterious anime girl, they fight nightmares) but something about it's got me totally hooked. Like, "read up to the most recent chapter, then watched the anime, then started reading it over again", hooked.

• Thumbs Up 3

So I finished Durarara!! Great show, I've gotta say. The only thing that really bothered me about it was the fact that the ending left quite a bit to be desired. From what I recall, there were quite a few plotlines that were just left hanging, and lots of extra info I'd have liked to know. How did Izaya become the manipulative bastard he was throughout the show? What did he end up doing with Celty's head? Whatever happened to Shinra's dad? 

It'd have been nice to know all that, haha. That said, the characters and music kept the show entertaining all the way through (... well... almost all the way. I didn't care for the Saika subplot and I don't like Anri); Celty's probably my favorite character overall, and Izaya's one of the most entertaining villains I've seen in a long time.

So yeah, great show. Not a favorite thanks to the lackluster ending, but I'd still recommend it.

• Thumbs Up 3

Toonami wise, though, I'm currently DVRing Inuyasha and Naruto.  I've seen neither. Thinking that I might start catching Soul Eater as well.

Don't bother with Inuyasha. You're going end up disappointed. The story moves really slowly and it has one of the worst villains of all time Naraku who is one of the worst villain sues that I have ever seen. And half of the characters are useless and annoying(looking at you shippo).

• Thumbs Up 1

Anyone here read Yumekui Merry/Dream Eater Merry? The premise isn't anything too original (ordinary(?) high school boy meets mysterious anime girl, they fight nightmares) but something about it's got me totally hooked. Like, "read up to the most recent chapter, then watched the anime, then started reading it over again", hooked.

I have never read the manga, however I own the show on bluray. By all accounts it is a lot of things I hate about a lot of anime - but for some stupid reason I don't hate it here, in fact I really love it? Its like my one standout anime guilty pleasure on my shelf (which admittedly is not a huge collection as I am picky). I wish there was more to watch.

I only read the manga, I've never watched the anime. The manga is awesome, it's very "ordinary" as you said but there's something that keeps the story interesting. The artwork is amazing too.

I heard bad things about the anime from a friend of mine but I wanted to check it out in the future.

Only thing I remember from Yumekui Merry is invisible trumpets.

Edited by SuperHighSchoolLevelAsshat

Don't bother with Inuyasha. You're going end up disappointed. The story moves really slowly and it has one of the worst villains of all time Naraku who is one of the worst villain sues that I have ever seen. And half of the characters are useless and annoying(looking at you shippo).

Don't forget the stupid blatant romance/love triangle between Inuyasha, Kikyo and Kagome that drags on for about forever.

Edited by AdventChild
  • Thumbs Up 1

... So I think Cowboy Bebop has the best ending I've ever seen in a show. About god damn time I got around to finishing it.

• Thumbs Up 4

So I finished Durarara!! Great show, I've gotta say. The only thing that really bothered me about it was the fact that the ending left quite a bit to be desired. From what I recall, there were quite a few plotlines that were just left hanging, and lots of extra info I'd have liked to know. How did Izaya become the manipulative bastard he was throughout the show? What did he end up doing with Celty's head? Whatever happened to Shinra's dad? 

It'd have been nice to know all that, haha. That said, the characters and music kept the show entertaining all the way through (... well... almost all the way. I didn't care for the Saika subplot and I don't like Anri); Celty's probably my favorite character overall, and Izaya's one of the most entertaining villains I've seen in a long time.

So yeah, great show. Not a favorite thanks to the lackluster ending, but I'd still recommend it.

the story apparently continues in the books, which haven't been translated at all for the US, and the manga i think, i believe they've been slowly releasing that here, so hopefully we'll get a second season? I really enjoyed this show too, and want MORE of it. 

... So I think Cowboy Bebop has the best ending I've ever seen in a show. About god damn time I got around to finishing it.

It only took you 12 years lol

• Thumbs Up 1

Personally I never really cared for the ending of Cowboy Bebop. The last two episodes feel like they belong to a different show. Mood whiplash if you know what I mean.

• Thumbs Up 1

Still haven't watched it, quite frankly don't want to anyway. tongue.png

I still haven't checked this series as well, so high five I guess. xD

Edited by canderson
  • Thumbs Up 3

Cowboy Bebop is like the epitiome of Perfection. Who knows maybe I give it too much praise, and considering I used to watch it on toonami back when I was like 8 or 9 years old, the nostalgia kicks in high-gear. Speaking of old toonami, I can't believe not many people I know watched Outlaw Star.