Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

Aaaand it looks like Naruto is getting less and less likely to be able to dig itself out of this shithole. Seriously, of all the people Tobi could have been, it had to be the least likely, least-justifiable one? Of all the possible candidates, Izuna (Madara's younger brother) would have been a much more logical, believable choice. Pretty much all signs were pointing to him, then we get NOPE LOL OBITO. Fuck's sake.

And it wasn't friendzoning that messed him up in the head, it was apparently Rin's death. Which is also a pathetic reason for such a drastic personality change.

I'm torn on Naruto as a whole. Part 1 was consistently very good. Part 2... has its moments, certainly; when at its best, it blows the high points of Part 1 out of the water. The problem is, those moments are few and far between. Part 1 was consistently very good, whereas Part 2 is the odd moment of pure awesome buried in a pile of 'meh'.

To me it feels like all of the 'Big Three' are slipping in general, really. Bleach has been shit for years now, and both One Piece and Naruto have been in a slow, steady decline for a long time, too. :/ One Piece has been going downhill (IMO) since CP9 finished, and I already gave my views on Naruto.

I also saw Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos the other day (got the DVD; hadn't bothered to see the fansubs beforehand so this was my first time watching it). ....Wut. I just found it mostly boring and really hard to follow. Maybe I'll 'get' it better with subsequent watches, but I just didn't find it all that interesting at all. It basically took the most dull, uninteresting factors from the main FMA series and condensed them into a movie with all new characters and settings. Politics, government, war, etc etc etc. Except unlike the series, they only had the duration of the movie to explain the situation and develop the characters. It felt like they were trying to shoehorn too big a plot into a short space of time, and the whole thing came across as feeling rather messy, difficult to keep up with and kind of boring.

Ah well, at least it had one or two shit-hot action sequences that brought a grin to my face. laugh.png

Edited by -Mark-

Recently finished this show called Gosick.

I laughed, I cried, the ending was beautiful, just an all around good anime.

Oh and

1962258_1315249395805.96res_500_282.jpg

New favorite character right here guys!

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh yeah, Gosick was lovely. I'll admit I felt the series lost steam a bit in the second half, personally. I kind of preferred the more self-contained by-the-numbers murder mysteries of the early episodes.

Recently finished this show called Gosick.

I laughed, I cried, the ending was beautiful, just an all around good anime.

Oh and

1962258_1315249395805.96res_500_282.jpg

New favorite character right here guys!

I need to see the last 3 episodes, Marques is a jerk.

The latest episode of Sword Art Online is fucking brilliant. I've been waiting for the story and action to finally step up a bit.

Meh, I'm just going to read it, but that's just my personal preference.

Mark you're crazy. xP Punk Hazard has been great so far. I'm not the biggest fan of CP9, but since then the only arc that let down imo is FIishman Island. Though some would say Thriller Bark was too goofy for a Schichibukai arc, I thought it worked great.

So let me get this straight: Obito wants to destroy the world, because he was friendzone. Seems legit.

No? He doesn't want to destroy the world and it's not becaue Rin was in love with Kakashi, it's because he let her die. Not that it makes it much better, but at least a little.

Still not happy that Kenpachi got off panel pwned in Bleach but whatever, no manga is perfect. And it's still not as funny/awful as the Kages getting presumably off panel pwned this week.

And he already let Kakashi beat the seven swordsmen off-panel.

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 1

I always thought they were both pretty shi- *shot*

It is not like I don't read better manga or watch better anime. It is just when I start something, I like to see it until the finish. It is why I do at least keep up with Pokemon in regards of Ash's progress and seasonal regression.

Rin better have the most fucked-up and horrific death in manga history. Unless Kakashi skull-fucked her corpse and mailed the pictures to her family Tobi/Obito's motivation may drag Naruto down to Bleach tier.

(wait a sec.. O-bi-to --> To-O-bi --> To-bi... FFFFFFFUUUU-..... )

The hilarious thing is that was why I knew Obito was Tobi and was subsequently thrown off when it was revealed that he was Madara.

*Flips table*

Fucking Naruto. Why must you turn something potentially huge into a waste?

Every single fucking time I get my hopes up... *flips another table*

Every fucking time, indeed.

Excluding the entire 1st part, Naruto Shippuden starts awesome for every arc that Sasuke isn't involved in and then ends rather anti-climatically. The Pain arc was by far the strongest example of this.

I thought Naruto was shit after about the 12th episode.

If you did not think the first 12 episodes of Naruto weren't great, then the series obviously wasn't for you. In regards to Shounen characters, Naruto is different because he starts off as a failure and scolds himself to be better. I remember not caring one fuck about the show when I just came upon the first episode. It was not until Naruto started beating himself up and crying about "What is wrong with me?" and on about how no matter how hard he works, he was seems to be behind. That spoke to me and I instantly liked the character. Lo and behold, Shippuuden comes around and completely undoes his characterization as a determined failure.

Turning Naruto into the Sasuke show ruined it the first time. I seriously think the whole manga would be about a million times better if they just excised every single Uchiha from the plot, I mean look at iot seriously, almost every single lame, terrible or awful plot point out of Naruto is Uchiha related.

It always seems to me Kishi has cool ideas but executes them poorly in favour of super lame/retarded ones. like if you took the skeleton of Naruto and rewrote it with a competent guy behind it, it would be amazing.

Kishi's problem is that he just can't finish. He can build a plot up to epic proportions, but he can't end it climatically. I don't know what it is with him, but if he knew how to make suspense, he'd be amazing.

Still not happy that Kenpachi got off panel pwned in Bleach but whatever, no manga is perfect. And it's still not as funny/awful as the Kages getting presumably off panel pwned this week.

PS: did anyone else love Sanji's entrance this week? I was practically in tears laughing. the character is a damn scene stealer, he's been consistently hilarious pretty much every time he shows up since Alabasta.

I fucking refuse to catch up on Bleach. So someone give me a summary about what has happened since the end of Aizen.

Fighting Food Ons, Toriko, any other food anime I need to know?

Ramen Fighter Miki, Bento, the anime where people beat the shit out of other people for boxed lunches, there's also a few Sonic cameo posters in the show.

Edit: ...I watch too much fucking anime to know this without research...

Edited by Noel Vermillion
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ramen Fighter Miki, Bento, the anime where people beat the shit out of other people for boxed lunches, there's also a few Sonic cameo posters in the show.

Edit: ...I watch too much fucking anime to know this without research...

That was a fast response.

Now any parodies or sentai anime like Sailor Moon and Gatchaman?

If you did not think the first 12 episodes of Naruto weren't great, then the series obviously wasn't for you. In regards to Shounen characters, Naruto is different because he starts off as a failure and scolds himself to be better. I remember not caring one fuck about the show when I just came upon the first episode. It was not until Naruto started beating himself up and crying about "What is wrong with me?" and on about how no matter how hard he works, he was seems to be behind. That spoke to me and I instantly liked the character. Lo and behold, Shippuuden comes around and completely undoes his characterization as a determined failure.

Well, I watched it with my friend when it was on Toonami since he liked it. I actually got up to the part where Ninetail Naruto and Sasuke with his stupid hand-wing things start fighting, and Naruto loses.

I really didn't like it. At All.

I just read The Enigma of Amigara Fault.....DRR....DRR....DRR....

Tried to alleviate with Cat Diary that happens to be made by the same creator as Enigma, Junji Ito, and only worked for a little while. Now I probably might read Uzumaki...crap..I'm going to get a ton of nightmares tonight.

Edited by AdventChild

Mark you're crazy. xP Punk Hazard has been great so far. I'm not the biggest fan of CP9, but since then the only arc that let down imo is FIishman Island. Though some would say Thriller Bark was too goofy for a Schichibukai arc, I thought it worked great.

Edited by Ragna the Bloodedge
  • Thumbs Up 1

Rin better have the most fucked-up and horrific death in manga history. Unless Kakashi skull-fucked her corpse and mailed the pictures to her family Tobi/Obito's motivation may drag Naruto down to Bleach tier.

(wait a sec.. O-bi-to --> To-O-bi --> To-bi... FFFFFFFUUUU-..... )

No matter what Tobi's motive is, I doubted it would be something mega-shocking and unpredictable; I mean, if you think about all of the terrible shit that previous antagonists have been through, I doubt Kishi would be able to make Tobi's backstory much more heartwrenching.

Based on Tobi's behavour, his motive is pretty clear(or rather, his lack thereof). Obito isn't motivated by anything like hatred or revenge, we've seen enough characters like that. He's just an apathetic fuck. He lost the person he cared about most and now he doesn't give a shit about anything, even himself. He doesn't hate or blame anyone, because he just sees everyone as a victim of circumstance. To Obito, the problem is reality itself. So he's taken it upon himself to destroy the world to put everyone out of their misery. He's basically a coward who wants to escape from reality. It's a disappointingly simple motive, but it's not impossible to sympathize with, especially if you have experienced depression.

Well, that's probably his motive, but it's not the motive I have been expecting/hoping for all these years...

Sanji's female-deprivation is fucking hysterical.

I NEED LADEH!!!!! Sanji is by far the best character in the Monster Trio, he's arguably an even bigger idiot than Luffy as far as woman are concerned.

No matter what Tobi's motive is, I doubted it would be something mega-shocking and unpredictable; I mean, if you think about all of the terrible shit that previous antagonists have been through, I doubt Kishi would be able to make Tobi's backstory much more heartwrenching.

Based on Tobi's behavour, his motive is pretty clear(or rather, his lack thereof). Obito isn't motivated by anything like hatred or revenge, we've seen enough characters like that. He's just an apathetic fuck. He lost the person he cared about most and now he doesn't give a shit about anything, even himself. He doesn't hate or blame anyone, because he just sees everyone as a victim of circumstance. To Obito, the problem is reality itself. So he's taken it upon himself to destroy the world to put everyone out of their misery. He's basically a coward who wants to escape from reality. It's a disappointingly simple motive, but it's not impossible to sympathize with, especially if you have experienced depression.

Well, that's probably his motive, but it's not the motive I have been expecting/hoping for all these years...

Ok, he was like what? 13 around that time, I'm pretty sure his feelings for Rin were nothing more than a childish crush, but you're going to tell me that her death was motivation enough for him to destroy the world? That's beyond stupid. Do we even know how RIn died?

• Thumbs Up 2

I've recently started to watch Binbougami ga! and I must say... it's a funny anime. This anime explains so much about DBZ... poor Vegeta XD

• Thumbs Up 2

This is manga, Shadic. Childish crushes don't exist. It's all true love.

And no, we don't know how Rin died.

• Thumbs Up 2

I NEED LADEH!!!!! Sanji is by far the best character in the Monster Trio, he's arguably an even bigger idiot than Luffy as far as woman are concerned.

Ok, he was like what? 13 around that time, I'm pretty sure his feelings for Rin were nothing more than a childish crush, but you're going to tell me that her death was motivation enough for him to destroy the world? That's beyond stupid. Do we even know how RIn died?

13 sounds like a young age, but this is Naruto we're talking about, where children's voices break when they're eight. He had probably already reached puberty by Kakashi gaiden.

I found Thriller Bark average myself, the Moria fight dragged on far too long. Amazon Lily and Impel Down were quite fun (again, the latter dragged), but I just found the entire Marineford war mind-numbingly boring. It was hard for me to give the slightest shit when most of the characters were nobodies who'd been introduced on the spot.

Fishman Island has been 'okay', but isn't really spectacular by any stretch of the imagination. In fairness I do think the CP9 arc fell apart somewhat once they got to Enies Lobby; the Water Seven part was better, IMO. I don't think Oda's very good at fight scenes, to be honest; the fights are usually the weakest part of any One Piece arc.

He is sorta right though. As far as fights go, Naruto (the first half) has One Piece beat, what with all the tactical stuff and twists in the fights that you didn't see coming. As a kid, certain things like the whole "lol nope that was just a clone- here's the real me punching your lights out" thing was epic and caught me as the reader by surprise every time. Too bad it pretty much descended into borderline DBZ style beam shooting and power-level fests as time went on.

In One Piece's defense though, it's never been as much about the fights as Naruto, Bleach, or DBZ were, it's pretty much all about the adventure, and the action usually takes a back seat to that aspect as just one of the features that the series has to offer rather than the main one you're supposed to look forward too.

Edited by Inferno